How can I get my sex drive back?

How do you mamas get your sex drive back after a pregnancy? I’m 8 months postpartum and it’s ruining my relationship Hes absolutely perfect and I just can’t understand why I don’t want to

47 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How can I get my sex drive back? - Mamas Uncut

Talk to your OB. Hormones plus new mom really can mess up your body

3 Likes

Talk to your obgyn! Sometimes this is a side effect of depression and anxiety. They might be able to put you on something to help

3 Likes

Could be hormonal imbalance, see dr

1 Like

Sometimes it helps to just do it. Once you start (even if you don’t initially want to) you might get into the mood.
Communication with your husband too. Thats a big help.

9 Likes

I had my son 14 months ago and im just to tired to even think of getting freaky with my hubby

2 Likes

Seriously your hormones, stress, being tired, maybe he’s not pulling his weight as a parent, lack of intimacy can affect sex too. So many things could be at play here!

It’s a lot of pressure to adjust to the care and feeding of a new baby, the shift in household responsibilities, and all that. It’s tiring. You could also be dealing with some postpartum depression. I would go talk to your OB/GYN. I would think they could put you on a medication that would help.

4 Likes

Hormones play a huge role.

1 Like

Are you worried? Have you taken a chance to explore yourself ?

The purpose of sex has been fufilled in having a child… perhaps biologically you know you’ve got to wait to have your next offspring.

These are some thoughts I had PP.

Definitely speak to your doctor, but I went through a phase like this and it was just because we hadn’t done it in so long that I felt like I forgot how. But once we did it again, it opened up my drive. Once I felt the need/want again I bought a bunch of cheapy sexy stuff off of Amazon to dress up for my husband and it spiced things up for us again. Also if you like to read, try reading some spicy books! That’ll work too! :relaxed::wink:

2 Likes

Hormones. And if you’re breastfeeding it can change things. But also, if you’re exhausted, you’re just going to want to sleep once the baby goes to sleep. So maybe after dinner, he could get the baby ready and give you a chance to shower. If he’s helping around the house and with the baby, you’re more likely to be interested. But ppd, birth control pills, depression and antidepressants can cause problems sexually.

4 Likes

It’s lower than it was before even at 3 years pp. go to dr and get hormones checked but it does come back once you aren’t so tired etc lol.

2 Likes

Have your hormones checked.

5 Likes

You’ve entered a whole new life. Be gentle with yourself. This is totally normal. What about starting with masturbation? Maybe buy a new vibrator or toy that interests you. It’s like a muscle that needs to be used. Sensual massages, foreplay. Baby steps if you need to.

2 Likes

You had his baby, maybe he should respect you and your body and not pressure you into it

I took FemStim Max from Amazon. Lol.

Your body is probably still healing it will come back but honestly all you need is a tiny bit is testosterone lol and you will be golden sounds weird but women naturally have a low levels of this and pregnancy really throws use off this will help 100 percent I would talk to doctor

Hormones and being touched-out(touched all day by baby) made me like that.

7 Likes

Could be a hormone imbalance. Plus sometimes we tend to get so into “mommy mode” we forget how to just be a non caregiver woman. Men don’t have that problem generally so it’s easier for them to distinguish their care giver side from non caregiver man. How do you give yourself time to even feel sexy or sensual if you’re 24/7 caregiving. Especially if the sex you end up having isn’t for you to be satisfied but just for your man to be. But if he can satisfy you and you do start to get the dopamine from sex, it might trigger your sex drive back. Sometimes you just have to make time for you. Separate yourself for a few hours from mommy duty. Have a day or a few hours to yourself. Do a Mother’s Day out or let him have dad duty for the day. Sometimes we as moms get separation anxiety too. Definitely talk to your husband. Find a possible solution together. It seems that he would be understanding to it.

I would talk to a Dr to make sure there is not a hormonal imbalance or chemical imbalance related to postpartum, but I would not dismiss the possibility that you are just… burnt out… you take care of a baby who literally NEEDS YOU personally 27/7/365(366 on leap years) and all that giving of attention plus maintaining the home at minimum, maybe maintaining the home AND working if you work, can be very demanding, takes a lot of energy and just might be leaving you so burnt out that you cannot HANDLE additional touch right now.
If THAT is the case, then you need to arrange at least one day a week that is mommy’s day to do as YOU wish or need to do that is NOT household/ baby/ family related to let you decompress and feel human again.
Go shopping for YOU.
Go for a walk.
Go to a museum or exhibition.
Go to a play or movie.
Go for a drive.
Go for a hike.
Go to Starbucks.
Go meet up with your girlfriends.
Go for a walk.
Go to the library.
Take a class either for your education or for a hobby or special interest.
Go to a salon.
Go look at model homes and see what styles you like and what floor plans you enjoy.
Go get lunch.
Go get ice cream.
Go to the gym.
If needs be, go see a therapist to work through your thoughts and feelings.
Take one day a week for self care.
Just one day a week.
You might be surprised how much it might help you to bounce back.
Also, if you can, work in at least once every two weeks a date afternoon or a date night to reconnect with your husband and have grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins who are older, good friends, etc watch the baby for two to five hours.

5 Likes

Same. I’ve tried to just do it too. Didmt worl out to well. He noticed. Going to see my doc about it too.

Cause you are tired from taking care of a brand new human being. Also could be hormonal since you just had a baby. Maybe talk to your Dr and have your levels checked.

I have 3 kids and never had any issues until my last. She’s 3 and I literally have zero motivation or will to do anything sexual with my husband :grimacing:

2 Likes

It took me well over a year to realize I was suffering from postpartum depression. It then took another 2 before I agreed to trying medication. While I whole heartedly agree that your hormones need to be checked, speaking with someone about such a drastic change in your life (a therapist or psychiatrist) isn’t a bad idea either

I went through this and still struggle… Go on a date night… Hit up an adult store, get some toys

yo… pop rocks while giving him :eggplant: - its amazing :joy:

Just gotta put out.

4 Likes

Many reasons

1. Hormones
  2. Lack of confidence because your body is
    look different
  3. You are extremely exhausted.
1 Like

I felt that year and my son is 2 yrs old :woman_shrugging:t3:

They have a gummy for libido

You just has a baby. Bloody hell, your body needs time to adjust. He has hands :raised_hand:

4 Likes

Start off with a vibrator!!!

1 Like

If you are on birth control try changing it up

If i enjoy this privilege all alone, it shows how ungrateful I’m because I got this opportuenity from a post here as well and saw recommendations too. All thanks to the good work of :point_right::point_right: Redirecting...

𝙸𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚖𝚊𝚣𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎, 𝙸 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 Kathryn Edwards 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 Redirecting...

I started earning the day i took the courage to invest in her platform… now I’m glad and looking good because I’ve found the best Platform… you can also monitor your trading account and make successful withdrawals as well… contact Mrs Kathryn Edwards for more information and start making money online…
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

ɪ ᴡᴀs ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴀᴄʜɪᴇᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ ʙᴇɢɪɴs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴄɪsɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʀʏ. ɪɢɴᴏʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏ sᴏ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴏᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴜɴɪᴛɪᴇs. ɪ’ᴍ ᴀ ᴠɪᴄᴛɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴡᴀs ᴄᴏɴᴠɪɴᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴍʀs Kathryn Edwards sʜᴇ’s ᴀɴ ᴇxᴘᴇʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʟᴇɢɪᴛ ᴍᴀɴᴀɢᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ sᴏ ᴍᴀɴʏ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴛᴇsᴛɪᴍᴏɴɪᴇs ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ʜᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ ᴘʟᴀᴛғᴏʀᴍ. ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀᴄᴛ ʜᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ʙᴇʟᴏᴡ
:point_down::point_down::point_down: