How can I help my son who has ADHD?

Try coffee, it helped me until we found a medication that helped

I can agree with many posters about coffee. Green tea and anything with caffeine works too. ADHD happens because the brain of under stimulated so to treat it, you need to stimulate the brain. Many drugs that treat ADHD are stimulants.

Also, I’m not trying to tell you how to raise your kid. But just because you had bad experience with medicine doesn’t mean your kid will. Just keep a close eye on them. I was on it and I didn’t have any bad outcomes.

Try Young Living Essential Oils! I have seen tons of success stories of moms using natural oils to help their children with ADHD. If you have any questions on how to get them, which ones, etc my messages are open!

I had severe ADHD as a child and the thing that worked for me best was lots and lots of therapy from a therapist that specialized in behavioral issues/ADHD
The medications always did awful things to me (such as make me hallucinate and develop extreme paranoia and phobias) so definitely keep those as an absolute last resort and if you do use them pay very very close attention to your child and make sure they’re not exhibiting symptoms of depression or anxiety

1 Like

cbd!!! works wonders with my kids i dont do pills either… but no bad side effects and no stoned kid…

1 Like

See a psychiatrist, they can offer different types of medication and tell them about the past ones. They have medications that are non stimulant. Cut out ALL dye in foods. But specifically red 40.

Watch the magic pill on netflix :slight_smile: it uses a low carb low sugar high fat diet to help manage and the improvement shown in the children is astronomical!

My step son suffered with this and doc wanted to medicate him, my hubby was not so keen we found a fish oil called eye Q was quite expensive about £10 a bottle 1 spoonful a day within a month he was calm was Lemon flavoured but kept him on that a couple of years as it worked

Do NOT rule out medications!! I have a severe ADHD, ODD, Mood disordered 10 yr old son! He is out of control to extremes when not medicated. Acting before thinking is extreme!! Medicated it is mostly controllable. He could not sit or stay in class, extremely hyper, calming corners, special rooms, sensory rooms & activities, etc barely help when I’m medicated. It took us 4 or 5 meds to fond one that WORKS. Bifenton works great for focus so he is FINALLY able to concentrate on his school work which he has never been able to Do! He is also on Risperidone. It’s a liquid so we hide it in a small amount of juice or such. We noticed a HUGE difference before he even knew he was taking it. Then we talked to him about how he’s been feeling lately & he said mich better able to play on yard at school instead of separate from others cause of behaviour, mouth, outbursts, etc. He was happy to fond out a new med was working & he’s still on it.

1 Like

Have you tried Melatona? It’s all natural and more a sleep aide for younger children with ADHD? Just a suggestion

That must be hard. Another one for cbd oil. Make sure to get good quality. Do your homework so you can make your own judgment on it. Lots of facebook groups to join. I wouldn’t knock the meds just yet. It may take some finetuning to get the right ‘recipe’. Also iq fish oil. Especially for adhd. Go as organic as possible. Lots of structure. Same schedule today, tomorrow and for the rest of days until eternity. Really keeps for a much calmer person. All the best

A small coke in the morning helped, removing red dye from my son’s diet, melatonin helped him sleep better

I have four sons two had ADHD Deit played a major roll Red dye was there trigger but every child is different You will have to find his trigger! We did not like meds either but did decide to put them on it for school only! Only M-F if not they will never learn to control there self!Good luck

My son is also. Everyone said try Mt. Dew or coffee. Didn’t work. I should try cutting certain food coloring. But my son is on Concerta and it’s wonderful. I respect if you don’t want meds. I’d try cutting the food colorings

1 Like

Mine took melorill but we found out strong coffee was the best to calm them down. Be careful not to let them drink juice of any kind it is a stimulent for hyperactivity no benedryl or cough syrup. They will grow out of it. I wish someone had a magic answer you just have to live through it.

Remove all red40 and the other dyes that is in a lot of boxed and caned foods. Also, my son has ADHD and I started him on multi vitamins. He has improved greatly! The dyes are really bad! There’s red, yellow and blue. Read your labels. Hope this helps. :blush:

1 Like

I knew a mother at one time who’s son who had the same, She said- keep away from -ketchup- it has something to get them bouncing off the wall, Also -peanut butter- is a calm.

Absolutely no artificial dye in his food or anything he puts in his body like lotion deodorant etc.

Parent Child Interaction Therapy. PCIT international has a list of providers so you can find one in your area.

We removed dairy from my daughters diet and the changes were night and day! The biomedical doctor described her as having a “leaky gut” that was unable to process the whey protein in cows milk. The protein would “leak” from her stomach, enter her blood stream, and act as an endorphin to her brain. Quite interesting the effects that diet can have on a persons body!

Son has add adhd, atusium, we used melatonin for years and then got where didnt work so we went to giving him 3x day and by bedtime he was ready sleep

Foods rich in protein — lean beef, pork, poultry, fish, eggs, beans, nuts, soy, and low-fat dairy products — can have beneficial effects on ADHD symptoms. Protein-rich foods are used by the body to make neurotransmitters, the chemicals released by brain cells to communicate with each other

We give our son caffeine in the morning. I can tell when he doesn’t get it!! Caffeine calms him down better then anything the Dr has given him

2 Likes

I am and have alwsys been severe ADHD…believe ut or not coffee will mello me out and Ben n Jerrys Phish Food ice cream about puts me in a coma…just sayin

Common triggers include: stress, poor sleep, certain foods and additives, overstimulation, and technology. Once you recognize what triggers your ADHD symptoms, you can make the necessary lifestyle changes to better control episodes

I just heard a certain red dye is really really bad for ADHD kids. I believe it’s red dye #40. I am a teachers aide and I heard this from another aide whose child has ADHD.

3 Likes

Essential oil (lavender) in a diffuser in his room or the area he is in most. And if he like coffee, let him have at it. It worked wonders for my son. Also, if he has any anxiety associated with his ADHD, natural calm (magnesium) is amazing.

BIRILLA! It’s all natural and has worked wonders for my 10 yr. Old granddaughter.

Some of the common foods that can cause ADHD reactions include milk, chocolate, soy, wheat, eggs, beans, corn, tomatoes, grapes, and oranges.

TRS and strong focus on gut health. Cbd gummies hell my hyperactive son.
https://trsandallthingsdetox.mycoseva.com

I hope you can find something that works! Hang in there mom of the year :wink:

If he has no nut allergies, peanut butter, worked miracles for my son.

Try putting some essential oils like lavendar on his neck and shoulders. I actually had to give my daughter a prescription to calm her down. It doesn’t make her sleep, it just helps her calm down and slow down. She has other special needs on top of it too.

Yes a lot of people give their kids coffee in the morning and chew him at school.

Did you try cutting sugars and food coloring, also food that is mostly non processed. There is a vitamin for kids sold on Amazon called “Focis factor kids”, people say it works wonders.

1 Like

Removing yellow and red dyed foods from their diets helps

1 Like

Have you tried CBD oil?

Cbd oil. If he is fussy with tastes, they do make it in a powder form that you can mix.

Aspartame. Asesulfame K, and anything energy related. Horror stuff.

I am ADHD. One of my twins, too. Only fruit sugars for a few years, and then you can reintroduce slowly. A great Naturopath can prescribe a diet that works.

I have mine under control, and my daughter uses her ADHD like a super power, because at 14 she regulates her eating pattern and the headaches, outbursts and erratic behaviour are tamed.

Like the others said: read your labels - but get natural help and a diet / way of life eating plan in place that works.

Medicine and chemical assistance are a very, very last resort.

It usually is some type of food that triggers some kids for years my son couldn’t have any kind of chocolate it would make him extra bouncy.

Coffee straight black coffee in a glass of milk, works wonders!

5 Likes

Black coffee helps mine i limited sweets and sodas

2 Likes

Sugars and dyes take out and yes coffee

2 Likes

Essential oils, CBD oil, sports

research CBD, that is like a miracle oil!!!

Have you tried CBD? First read about it .

Straight black coffee.

TRS heavy metal detox plus gut repair ASAP join TRS, CBD, and All Things Detox and start detoxing

1 Like

Deficiencies in certain types of foods can worsen symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children and adults./Some common items to avoid include fruit “drinks” or “cocktails,” both of which are higher in sugar than 100 percent fruit juice. Read food labels carefully, looking for the following ingredients (code words for sugar): high-fructose corn sweetener, dehydrated cane juice; dextrin; dextrose; maltodextrin; sucrose; molasses; and malt syrup./A recent study10 indicates that artificial food coloring and flavors, as well as the preservative sodium benzoate, make some kids without ADHD hyperactive.

What herbs are good for ADHD?
Herbal Remedies for ADHD

Herbal Tea.
Ginkgo Biloba.
Brahmi.
Gotu Kola.
Green Oats.
Ginseng.
Pine Bark.
Combinations.

Yep coffee works wonders

1 Like