How can I help my son?

Can anyone please tell me there is still hope in helping our 7 year old boy??? He has a hard time with his ADHD, with it comes a lot of behavioral issues, whining, talking back, just plain being so so rude and mean lately to his dad and I, sister and others around. He’s been put on a medicine for ADHD but isn’t on it anymore but my main concern too is the attitude and behavior. I’m struggling so bad, He’s clenches his fist and screams when he’s upset and mad, always crying. It’s so hard to see him so upset and he knows how much he is loved. Not sure if there is anything to help with his mood, and adhd? Somethings got to help! I see him happy but more so upset and rude lately. PLEASE mamas any suggestions as where to get him help? We are close to grand island and york, but wouldn’t mind driving a bit.

21 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/how-can-i-help-my-son/20396

1 Like

Sounds like he needs his meds. Reach out to his pediatrician. Therapy is key as well.

4 Likes

Therapy. Therapy. Therapy.

4 Likes

Give him some Mt Dew. For regular kids it’s crack for a kid with ADD/ADHD it sometimes works. Kids that age don’t usually have a broad vocabulary yet so it’s doubly frustrating because his mind moves faster and he doesn’t have all the language to voice his frustrations. So maybe work on trying to slow down kind of. You could also try a behavior contract. I had to sign one when I was a teen. It worked for a while.

4 Likes

He needs a psychiatrist and a therapist. If don’t get him the help help needs your just hurting him and others.

3 Likes

Talk to his doctor about artificial flavors, colors and preservatives. Some Doctors are attuned to natural remedies.

1 Like

Might have to go back on meds .I know if my daughter is off her medication she is a nightmare to handle and I try not to give her a lot of sugar or omg like said a nightmare.

1 Like

He needs a behavioral therapist, and more than likely meds. I’ve been diagnosed ADHD since I was 5. They have way more to help him these days than I had available to me. You don’t have to jump to meds, but you do need to be open to the fact he probably needs them. Right now you are dealing with 100% unchecked ADHD and it’s cruel to everyone involved. Get him enrolled in professional services.

8 Likes

Behavioural therapy. ABA

1 Like

Have you looked into O.D.D?

2 Likes

Put him back on his meds. It isn’t fair to him

7 Likes

I would consult with his ped about getting a behavioral assesment with a child psychologist and also start back on meds. He is probably miserable and cant control his actions or emotions…my son is a complete train wreck emotionally without his meds for ADHD and has to take melatonin at night to get true deep REM sleep.

5 Likes

My son was first diagnosed with ADHD and placed on meds. They didn’t work for him we took him to a new pediatrician who suggested therapy. Boy was that an eye opener, the therapist suggested he may not have ADHD but aspergars and O.D.D. Aspergars is oftentimes misdiagnosed as ADHD. With the proper care he was easier to handle.

5 Likes

Take all food dye colors out of his diet that definitely will make a difference. Also play therapy can be helpful too.

Age 7 was the year when my son’s teacher told me what she saw. He was diagnosed with ADHD. He started taking Adderall. Seemed it was working. Fast forward a few years, middle school. I was called into the principals’ office with the school. We all had a conference because of his behavior. It turned out he hated how the drugs were making him feel. He told me in private that he would take the drugs the nurse gave him. He cheeked the drugs and when he left the office he would spit them out. At that time we came up with a solution He would not take the pills if he could control his actions. I gave him complete control. It worked for us. Find what will work for your family.

He needs to be in behavioral therapy. That will help quite a bit. When he gets mean, I would try to get him into a situation where there is very little stimulation. No TV, no electronics, no radio or stereo. Just a quiet place. Then tell him that he’s not to act like that. And he’s going to settle down now. Don’t be afraid to make him go to bed for awhile. If he whines or talks back, make him stay a few minutes longer. Some people may say you’ll be creating bedtime problems, but you really won’t. A lot of times, these kids have worked themselves into fatigue, even though they don’t take naps anymore. A half hour nap may help. You may also try giving him a snack. My daughter has found her son gets hypoglycemic. When he gets out of sorts, his blood sugar has dropped and he needs a snack.

2 Likes

He has to be back on his medicine , and also a behavioral Theraphy will help .

2 Likes

Apparently near 8 they go through a thing like pre puberty where they’re very emotional. Give him lots of hugs and reminders that you’re here for him

Put him back on the meds.

4 Likes

Check his diet!! The ‘food’ that’s being sold today is full of preservatives, colours and additives that CAUSE ADHD. Try as much as possible to have raw foods, and avoid highly processed foods. It’s a challenge in the beginning always having to read labels but it is so worth it

3 Likes

Have his dr refer him to a counselor. Go from there.

1 Like

Why did you stop the meds? Did you feel it was contributing or making things worse?

My daughter has adhd as well. She’s on meds but not stimulant meds- she’s on intuniv. It works really well for her and I notice big differences in her attitude, awareness, moods, how she treats her sister, etc. If he was on a stimulant before, maybe discuss different medication options.

I’m the meantime- remove ALL red40 from his diet. Other colors too, if you can, but red is most important. Before my daughter was on meds, giving her a dye free diet made big changes also

3 Likes

Behavior is linked to the foods we eat - so limit processed foods especially ones with red dyes.
Whole foods, veggies, and fruits.
Sounds like he is having a hard time regulating his emotions.
Then I would look at OT to help with his emotional regulation. He needs to be taught what to do when he is starting to feel angry or upset.
Create a calm down corner/area, a safe space to go when upset. Practice using it during times he’s not upset, and he will learn.
Practice breathing techniques and counting throughout the day.
Model these techniques throughout the day.
Out of Syn Child and Whole Brain Child are two great books.

1 Like

I Get Paid 0ver $ 107 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13596 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitles

SEE M0RE HERE…>> https://JobsCareer110.pages.dev

I would get him in to see a child behavior specialitist

3 Likes

I’am making over $150 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 20154 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://AmazingJobs1352.pages.dev/

Teach him meditation :man_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

I’m so happy I can at least afford to pay bills and also take good care of my family. All thanks to you Mr. Joshua Bunker that helped me a lot on my crypto trading account, I reinvested and to my greatest surprise I got my profit x8 without additional fees I’m grateful indeed. Her investment platform accomplish my dreams without stress and I got more than what I was supposed to have as my profit. For those of you finding it difficult in trading you can contact them I believe they will be of great help

1 Like

I noticed a crowd of people giving thanks to Mr. Bunker for helping them. So I decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise my first two weeks of trading was very successful, I made a very responsible amount that I can’t even get from my current job, I guess someone might need his help as well, I can’t stop sharing his good works :pray::pray:Click on the link to contact him, :point_down::point_down: :point_down:

1 Like

With the fact that you’re true to your word, God will continue to bless you for not hiding anything from me. I invested and withdrew on the supposed date without paying a fee, you’re the best Redirecting...

1 Like

Every day I am tremendously humbled and honored to have the unique opportunity to work under such an amazing person like you. Mr. Joshua Bunker!! Thanks for guiding me on crypto trading, you are the best to recommend when it comes to crypto trading Redirecting...

1 Like

Everyone keeps talking about your diligence and honesty I must say this that you are the best of all, thank you for transforming my life. I don’t need a lot of words to prove that you are the real deal, because I’ve seen it all. All thanks to you and may God bless you Redirecting...

2 Likes

I feel so privileged to work with an expert like you sir. I also want to say a big thank you to your company for it’s transparency which is rare to find in organizations today. I must admit that I had doubts at first but after I got paid, I felt it necessary to share with the public and also let them know that you truly can be trusted. Redirecting...

1 Like

Happiness is achieved when your aims in life are determined. Still doubting the efficiency of my words? Give it a try and have the satisfaction you can obtain for yourself. I’m happy at last i have found a company I am making cool withdrawal from. Redirecting...

Why is he off the medicine my granddaughter has been on it since she 8 @now she is 20 still on it

3 Likes

I have heard from lots of parents that the dyes in food especially red contributes to issues with adhd. I saw it with my step sisters oldest (autistic) not adhd. Just passing on information. My youngest struggled with his emotions mostly handling anger appropriately I discovered sending him down to pound on my punching bag was very helpful when he got angry or frustrated. Saved my walls to. He’s grown now but still uses that strategy occasionally.

2 Likes

Just saw new meds for ADHD on tv for 7 and older.

1 Like

Sounds like he may also have Oppositional Defiance Disorder. See if his doctor can give him a medication to curb his aggressive, challenging behavior