How can I keep from spreading pink eye to my baby?

Pink Eye !! - how can I keep from spreading it to my 8mo baby??Randomly woke up to a very red gunky watery eye. I’ve already had a cold/sinus thing for a day or two. I’m a stay at home mom and I’m desperate to keep my baby girl healthy!!!

4 Likes

Keep your hands clean, don’t touch your eye unless cleaning or putting meds on it. Try to keep babes face away from your face as much as possible (skin on skin contact) . I also have a 8 month old and I know it’s hard but try to keep them from grabbing at your face bc you don’t want baby to accidentally touch your eye then touch theirs . Try a warm cloth over your eye for some relief until you can get to the doctor. Good luck mama!

If she already has it get pediatrician to prescribe drops. If you have it also get Dr to prescribe drops. Other than that, keep hands clean. Try not to cough into them and wipe nose, also clean her eyes with a lukewarm rag frequently

With medicated eye drops, after the first drops are in your eyes, it is no longer contagious. My dr told me that when my step daughter had pink eye. Wash your hands before holding your baby also just to ensure your baby doesn’t get it.

I’ve had pink eye numerous times (the viral one) there are 4 other people in my home no one else has ever gotten it. Also it’s never spread to my other eye.

1 Like

Pink eye really isn’t as contagious as people make out. Just make sure you wash your hands frequently, don’t touch your eye or share towels. Get some drops from the pharmacist.

If you’re breastfeeding, put some drops of breast milk in your eyes, and hers.

1 Like

Wash your hands after touching your eye and get some meds asap

4 Likes

Try and get to eye doctor for drops.

Make yourself a tea and then put the tea bag on your eye after you squeeze it. I will heal your pink eye faster then the medicine

If you’ve got a cold/ sinus thing, it might be viral.

Put colloidal silver in your eye it will clear right up. Lots of hand washing