How can I make my family understand my husband and I do not want kids?

My husband and I have decided that we want to live life kid free…and my family has a huge issue with that…we both have great careers, own a house an dmultiple cars and want to travel the world…our familes just want us to have kids and for me to be a stay at home mom…but my husband and I want no part of that kind of life…how do you make them understand it isnt happening?

195 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How can I make my family understand my husband and I do not want kids?

So question though, if your not a mama why are you in “mamas uncut” ?

14 Likes

Flat out tell them. Its your life, not theirs.

6 Likes

You can’t make them understand, just do you. They’ll get over it eventually.

8 Likes

Why are you on a mama’s page?

10 Likes

You don’t. You do whatever you want to do & don’t worry about what they think.

5 Likes

It’s your choice. Just tell them you’ve chosen not to have children. If they persist then tell THEM to have more kids. It’s not for everyone.

1 Like

Tell them once and let them know that if they don’t accept it then they have no place in your life.

4 Likes

Tell them how it is, that’s your decision,and each time they bring it up let them know it’s not up for discussion

3 Likes

Then why are you in this group? …

7 Likes

You don’t just do you guys and ignore them

They may never understand it fully. But if it is really what you want then stand firm. Don’t let them pressure you in to having unwanted children. Even if they can’t understand it, tell them they have to respect it

You don’t. Live your life your way. Don’t even answer their questions. They have already been asked and answered.

You don’t need to explain your personal choices to anyone.

1 Like

there’s nothing to make anyone understand, y’all don’t want kids, no explanation needed…

1 Like

Don’t exhaust yourself explaining your life to others. Just do you.

1 Like

You dont have to make them. Tell them once and never answer again.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why people feel it’s ok to pressure others to do things they don’t want. Tell them to shut up, you’re not having kids & it’s not their decision. If they can’t respect it then they don’t need you in their lives.

Quit worrying about how to tell them your story and just live your fairy tale.

1 Like

Just don’t have the kids. They will catch on to it not happening eventually :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You can show them better than you can tell them. You don’t have to make them understand :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Send them a Postcard !

1 Like

Don’t make them understand. Do what y’all want. It’s none of their business.

All of you saying; “why are you on a mama’s page if you don’t have kids?”, how dare all of you. What ever happened to giving someone support or advice just because it’s the right thing to do? In a world where feminism is supposed to be propagated and supported without giving it a second thought, I see no reason to belittle someone for differing ideals. Not having children; and or not wanting children, doesn’t make you any less of a woman. As for the OP, you have no reason to defend your choices to your family. If you’re in a different country; traveling the world, they can’t come at you anyway :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Why would you have to explain it, just live your life you don’t owe anyone an explanation

3 Likes

Be firm in your answer next time they ask and tell them straight out to please stop trying to discuss it with you guys. Maybe change the topic everytime they bring it up or leave if they won’t. They need to let you live your lives hiw you want you not how they want you to.

1 Like

You don’t. Just don’t have them if you don’t want them. Or just tell them they loved their lives how they wanted and not it’s your turn to love how you want without anyone forcing their wants on them bc it’s not going to happen and their wasting their breath and time.

1 Like

“No” is a complete sentence. Just say “no” and if they continue then let them talk and mention something like if dinner is ready or say you have to go. You don’t need to explain your reasons, it’s your lives and relationship live it how you choose.

1 Like

Tell them to mind their own business! And eff off

1 Like

This group is for moms so if you have no intentions of being a mother why are you in a mom’s group you need to get out and find a group for women who are not moms this group is for moms to give other moms advice not the group for you you do not need to be giving any of us advice or being in this group if you are not a mom or going to become a mom

8 Likes

No is a complete sentence.

3 Likes

No where on the page does it say you HAVE to be a mom to be here so idk why some of you have to be so rude. But just straight up tell them it’s your life and this is how you want it to be and no one is gonna change your mind.

1 Like

It’s jealousy go live your life and have him get a vasectomy to avoid getting pregnant

2 Likes

Aslong as you got each other you don’t need that negativity if they won’t accept you both for your decision just simple cut them out if your life my family didn’t like my partner so I made the best decision for me and haven’t spoken to any of my family for 6 years and I tell you being away from the toxicity is rewarding and feel free and no regrets

Doesn’t really make sense why you’re a part of a moms group…?

10 Likes

Just straight up tell them andset a boundary -say it’s not up for discussion.

Then, I would move on and ignore any further attempts to talk about it or discuss it. “We said no. And we aren’t going to change our minds”.

Stand up for yourselves. Because family can and will treat you like shit and act like you have no right to be mad! And it won’t end
unless you put your foot down or distance yourself. Hope this helps.

It isn’t their life, they do not have to understand your life decisions! Live your life to the fullest and enjoy every minute of it!

It’s not your job to make them understand. It’s your job to stay true to yourself and do what makes you happy in life. It’s your life not theirs.

5 Likes

Just do what makes you happy. No need to explain your decisions. It’s your life.

2 Likes

Just don’t have any. They should catch on. Get a cat. They can babysit the cat lol :joy_cat:

1 Like

They don’t have to approve, whatever you and your husband wants is all that matters.

1 Like

Just tell them that isn’t what you need to be happy and you have other goals and to please respect that.

2 Likes

So have him get a vasectomy or something clear that theres no chance :rofl::joy: they will stop bugging

1 Like

Send them pictures of your passports

You don’t! You do what makes you and him happy and let them talk and feel how they want. They don’t have to agree, it’s not their lives.

7 Likes

Just tell ‘‘em kids aren’t for everyone live your life

It’s not your job to make them understand. You’ve told them , and that’s enough. Don’t interact with any more conversations that are about having children.

4 Likes

You don’t have to make them understand anything You grown UPS it’s your life

Explain to them nicely and then explain the consequences of their actions should they not respect your wishes

1 Like

It’s your choice some people aren’t made for kids. (Please don’t take that as rude)
I said I never wanted them and got pregnant with my son and it changed. My career, body and all my dreams. But I changed my dreams for another.
Don’t bring a child into the world for people who think they know everything

Do what you makes you n your husband happy. Its your life.

Tell them it’s your body you life an you’ll be the one making the decisions. An tell them to stop any an all comments they have about it.

1 Like

Keep living your life and ignore them :clap:

Do what y’all want without explanation :woman_shrugging:t2:

Go live your life, no reason to try make anyone understand your why’s.

Don’t?

LIVE YOUR LIFE & let them watch.

1 Like

By living a kid free life

Tell them exactly just that.

Sounds like their problem, not yours

I just wish families would back off with this jazz.
No reaction & less words are still a reaction & less words. You really don’t need to keep going down this road with them.
You guys do you guys….and ENJOY your lives​:heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

They already know, so ignore them

1 Like

I get this and there’s nothing wrong with that but why post in Mama’s uncut?

2 Likes

You don’t, just live your life

You don’t live by them, they don’t pay your bills and I’m very sure if baby does come it’ll be a different story.
You and your husband are doing great.
Keep doing what makes you guys happy.

It’s your life live it how you choose. One of my sons feels the same why. And I totally fine with it.

You don’t.
It’s no ones business but yours.
Stop letting them think they have a right to question or comment. They don’t.

1 Like

Do y’all! who cares!

Just tell them it’s your life and your choice. You do what YOU feel is best for you & your husband.

You don’t need to explain anything to them about why you both don’t want kids. They should support your decision.

Do what makes you happy. I have friends who are older that have a business and no children. They come and go as they please.
Tell your families that it’s none of their business.

Quit stressing about whether they understand or not. It’s your choice

You could send them this

8 Likes

How can you continue to entertain the conversation?

Say no and stop addressing it.

3 Likes

Just tell them the Doctor said that it would be better for your health to not have children and that your not going to be able to have them

Let them watch from the sidelines

Why do they need to understand? They need to respect not understand

Charge them 5 every time they ask they will get the hint then it’s your life live it the way you want to

If they want grandchildren and you are an only child, tell them they can be foster grandparents and/or volunteer. There are many ways to bring children into your life when you’re older and god knows they’re so needed.

1 Like

You don’t want to be a mom, but follow a mama page? That’s strange.

5 Likes

Just don’t. Do what yall want and they will see that’s what’s yall gonna do :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Start asking everyone personal questions. If it’s your parents just ask have they taken care of their final arrangements. As for other family members ask embarrassing questions that aren’t your business. They will eventually shut the hell up.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t waste my energy trying to explain any further. You guys have told them how you feel, if they continue to bring it up then end the conversation.

2 Likes

Talk your siblings into it instead :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just tell them if they keep going on about your life and how you live it that you will reduce seeing them as you cannot keep going over the same convo

2 Likes

Say things like I don’t want to talk about this let’s change the subject. Or go my all time favorite way, Leave. Walk away from conversation. Oh I got to use the bathroom. I forgot to water my bed. Type ignore them

2 Likes

They are so conditioned to beleive that’s what is “ supposed” to happen just say it’s not happening sorry your disappointed but respect our boundaries if you want to be apart of our life . Plus maybe one day you will change your mind

1 Like

it’s your life NOT THEIRS

3 Likes

They don’t have to understand. It’s your choice

9 Likes

You don’t!
You don’t need to explain to anyone.

6 Likes

No is a full sentence. You don’t owe them or anyone else an explanation of how you want to like your own lives

8 Likes

They don’t have to understand.

5 Likes

Tell them all to suck a bunch of D’s

They’ll figure it out in time

2 Likes

It is between you and your spouse the kind of life you want to live…if that means no kids then so be it…it is you and your spouse’s life and the family should respect that!

1 Like

Tell them your plans for YOUR life and tell them NO MORE discussion. If they don’t leave it alone then don’t spend time with them

3 Likes

Ask them how’d they feel if you made choices about their life! Tell them it’s not up for debate and if you change your mind later in life then so be it.

1 Like

You don’t. They’ll never understand. Some people don’t. Fk I’ve got 5 kids and even iiiiii understand that not everyone wants them. Go live your best life with your hubs, with or without them

5 Likes

It is your life… you should make your own decisions that work for you. Don’t let anyone bully you into doing something you don’t want to do.

3 Likes

I would tell them if they can’t stop it then I don’t want to talk to them.

3 Likes