How can I make my family understand my husband and I do not want kids?

Tell them this is your lives and you choose to live how you want to do things and you are happy with your decisions and that is how it’s going to be.

Write them a letter as to why you don’t want kid(s)… at least do that to the persons who loved and raised you. They’re just probably worried that you’re goin to be alone one day and regret that decision. I mean anything can happen.

It wouldn’t be a conversation. You don’t owe them an explanation.

Tell them about your next trip and how you can afford to do it… Because you’ve chosen not to have children. It’s your life.

1 Like

Every time they mention it book a vacation… they’ll stop eventually. Make sure you are on more than one for of birth control.

You don’t make them understand. You just live your life how you want to.

4 Likes

You don’t need to tell them anything… it’s your life… if they can’t understand that cut them off…

2 Likes

Who cares what they say. It’s your life. Live it how you and your Husband want to. Do what makes you happy

Tell them you can’t have kids… and that you have accepted that. Maybe that will shut them up…

It’s your choices, not theirs. Do what makes you happy, live your life. Not everyone wants kids.

1 Like

Tell them to either shut the fuck up and stop asking or remove themselves from your life

Tell them you want to travel and maybe one day we might consider adopting. But with the world like it is today I don’t wanna bring a baby into it!

You tell them you’re not having kids. That that life isn’t for you. It’s your life, your body, your decisions. If they want more kids/grandkids tell them they can become foster parents.

“I don’t like kids”

Stay at Home Moms :fire:

Kids are expensive, so is traveling, it’s both a variety of experiences. If a life with children isn’t what you want and traveling is, try explaining that the experiences you have on travel and vacation are joyous and memorable. That you cherish the time you have with your husband and value your marriage and the quality time and quality of life that your building with your husband. Your husband is your family.

1 Like

Live ur life don’t try explaining it to them go be free! And live

It’s the same for people who have alot of kids. It’s their choice. Just ignore it and live your life

2 Likes

So we are exact opposite. We have five kids and would like more. For those in our family or circle who don’t understand we simply say “the only part of this that you have to understand is that you DONT understand our choice and that is okay and doesn’t change how we feel.” From there if you wish you speak more about it you can but once you explain to them that you KNOW they won’t get it, then that’s all you can do really.

You make them understand by not having any kids! Simple. Sleep tight. Enjoy your lives together. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

They don’t have to understand it’s your life. If they have a problem with that’s on them. Tell them that the subject is closed. And then go live your best life.

4 Likes

Lol tie your tubes get him snipped :rofl: I think that’ll send the message

I can’t imagine even giving a flying fuck about what anyone else thought I should do with MY life

You can’t “make” anyone understand. If they choose not to accept your decision then let them be mad. Do you and do your life.

1 Like

You don’t need to make others understand its not their life and life is shirt. And tbh who would want to bring kids into this world with the way it’s going

5 Likes

Tell them bluntly that you’re sick of hearing it and you will no longer tolerate it and walk away.

1 Like

You don’t? You don’t have to make them understand anything. It’s as simple as it’s our life and not yours. This is our choice. This is our life. This is our option. Simple as that. This is why we can’t stay together as families anymore and it totally sucks.

You do not have to make them understand…… eventually they will accept what is! Give it time. Enjoy what makes you both happy :smiley:

2 Likes

You can’t make them understand. You can only live your lives as you see fit.

1 Like

You don’t have to tell them anything it’s none of their business

2 Likes

I want my daughters to have babies, too, and my oldest doesn’t want children. I’ve accepted it; it is her body, her life, her relationship. I want her to be happy and fulfilled, whatever that may be for her. Just do you, and you don’t have to answer them. You’re an adult.

1 Like

I would tell them it is my body and my husband’s decision not to have any kids if they have issues tell them they can have more kids for themselves to keep them busy. Also I would say this, if keep bringing up about having baby or kids I will not be talking to you til you stop and respect my life I do. That will be end of conversation for them whether they like it or not.

You don’t, and won’t. Just go what you want and screw anyone else!
If they can’t understand that you want to live a different life to what they had planned then that’s their problem not yours

1 Like

Your life, your business! They don’t need to understand a thing! Do what you want.

You don’t have to make them understand. As long as you & your husband are on the same page, that’s what matters.

5 Likes

It’s your life. Friends of ours would tell family when badgered " We’re trying." They just didn’t tell them what they were trying. They built a sailboat & sailed for two years to the south pacific all the way to New Zealand & hiked the island.

2 Likes

Start to cry and tell them you medically can’t have kids, they’ll leave you alone after that but you can’t make anyone understand desires that they don’t have

2 Likes

U can’t make anyone realize anything continue living ur life when ur 50 they will stop asking lol

There’s really no need for any salt or soap box.

Tell them you been to a fertility clinic and you can’t have any . That you can’t have any of your own and are not open to adoption . It’s a lie but so what . Cry when telling them make them feel terrible for you . It’s payback for them being so insistent. Than never tell anyone not even your best friend you lied about not being able to . Someday you both may change your mind you never know . Than claim it’s a miracle. Win win .

2 Likes

Tell them, I don’t want to have kids. The end. Leave me alone about it or I’ll stop talking to you.

4 Likes

You don’t… and you continue to live your lives as you choose. You do not owe anyone an explanation nor is it your job to continue to defend your decisions.

1 Like

Lol don’t. Do what you want and don’t have any apologies for it

2 Likes

Some people just are better aunties and uncles

1 Like

You tell them and then live your life. They will see. Its not their business so much that you have to make it a point.

1 Like

Unfortunately you wont, I have child from previous and fiancé and I have a 6 year old. After we had the 6 year old I was done with having kids. I didn’t want to have any more. His mother constantly brings up “I want more grandkids”. Fiancé is NOT their only son and we both decided no more but she wont accept that. When I’m 44 both kids will be 18. I don’t want more lol

1 Like

Just politely say we do not want children and please do not ask again

1 Like

You don’t make them understand. Tell them to get on board or get lost. Simple.

1 Like

It’s your life live it

3 Likes

You do not owe them any explanation. Next time they say something ask them which bill they pay for them to have that much thought process stuck on your uterus. It is perfectly OK to not want kids. and it’s a very serious decision for most of us so they need to respect that. 

2 Likes

You just tell them you guys do not want kids and they need to respect that period point blank it’s none of their business

2 Likes

You don’t have too tell them nothing if they can’t except that then let them be angry

1 Like

I think you’re in the wrong group… “Mamas Uncut”

7 Likes

keep showing up to family events with no kids in tow lol. they can’t make you have kids, and tell them no matter how much they ask, you’re not changing your mind.

2 Likes

It’s not for them to understand. It’s your life not there’s. Tell them to beat feet!!!

1 Like

Tell them you’re barren :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

You don’t owe your family children so live your life however you want

1 Like

Who’s asks this in a mom group lol :laughing:

6 Likes

What you doin in this group then?? This a “mom group” not all topics are mom related but coming from a mom or at least a parent?

5 Likes

That’s wrong on there part the fact you don’t want kids should be enough to stop them mentioning it I mean what do they want? Yous to have children you don’t want surely that’s no life for a child not saying you’d be a bad parent of that makes sense I find that behaviour abit toxic :100:

2 Likes

You can’t and you need to ignore it. Hard, sure but not acknowledging their ideals hopefully will make them stop.

2 Likes

Soooo… why are you a member of a “moms” page?? Just asking

6 Likes

It’s a grand parents thing
Hopefully you have siblings

1 Like

You don’t make them understand. You live your life and they will eventually catch on. If they keep at you about it, step back a bit until they stop. I had 4 kids, I couldn’t imagine telling them to have kids if they chose not to.

3 Likes

Uh… don’t ever have kids and that’ll explain it pretty well I think? Hahahaha

1 Like

So what are you doing here??? This page is not for you then Jaja :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You don’t owe anyone an explanation for your choice whether or not to have children. Sometimes there isn’t enough crayons to explain to the idiots

1 Like

Just don’t have them and they’ll eventually figure it out.

You dont make someone understand something that’s none of their business. You dont have to explain anything to anyone. You and your husband do you and they can stay in their lane.

You make them understand by booking tickets and traveling and living your life. :woman_shrugging:

Tell them I wouldn’t hold your breath or do, it’s your choice but this isn’t.

I never understand how grown adults have questions like this…

1 Like

Be straight forward.

2 Likes

Just don’t have kids! :joy::joy::joy: that’s all​:woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3: even if they complain and have a fuss just let it be!!
Or just say will see​:joy::joy::joy: and the conversation will stop!!

Stop speaking to them. If they can’t respect y’all on that

1 Like

You don’t have to give no explanation to anyone

2 Likes

Tell em mind u own business :woman_office_worker:

3 Likes

You don’t have to MAKE them understand anything. This is a choice between you and your husband… they’ll just have to deal with it.

4 Likes

Everyone saying “Then why are you on/in a moms group/page” well because not everything is about parenthood here. I also don’t want children for a variety of reasons but enjoy this page. I don’t owe anyone an explanation for that but I’ll give one anyway.

1. I’ve had 8 miscarriages. I wanted… want kids… my body just says “Nope.”
  2. I’m “selfish” because I enjoy my freedom of not having to concern myself with a tiny person I’m 1000% responsible for keeping alive, happy, healthy and whole.
  3. I don’t want to give up my financial stability. A child would ruin it.
  4. See reason 1.
  5. I’m happier being an Aunt.
  6. I’m autistic with ADHD and have several chronic health conditions.
  7. Let people enjoy what they enjoy even if not part of the target audience. Jeez.
3 Likes

Not their decision. Tell them you will no longer entertain the conversation

2 Likes

Just don’t have them and don’t worry what others think

1 Like

Just tell them to shut up or you’ll cut them out of your lives, and that if they want to h ave kids around they can have their own.

It’s your life to live. Not theirs. Don’t worry about them.

1 Like

What do you do??? Just enjoy life🤗

1 Like

Don’t. You don’t have to explain to anyone. Just tell them that’s not what you both want and that’s final.

2 Likes

Who cares what they think, you live your life for you now everyone else.

1 Like

That’s the thing you have no obligation to make others understand your life . It’s your life , live it and be happy .

Something sounds fishy about this post.

3 Likes

He gets a vasectomy. Also, it’s your life and good for you guys choosing not to bring children in this fucked up world.

I know a couple who didn’t want children and 25 years of marriage they were blessed! They were very excited so live your life, you never know what the future holds!

Just cut off contact for a while whenever they bring it up. They’ll get the hint then. You’ll never be able to change their minds, but you can make them shut up about it.

Don’t entertain the conversation anymore. If it gets brought up then change the subject.

Just don’t have kids lol you don’t have to explain anything to anyone. It’s not your responsibility to make them understand, it’s sucks for them that they can’t understand.

2 Likes

Ignore them.its both you’re life’s not there’s.and sounds like you’s are happy.why change it.:slightly_smiling_face:

Unless they’re paying you bills, pay them no mind

It’s not for them to understand

1 Like

You don’t it’s your life

1 Like

If someone brings it up, just don’t entertain the conversation. It’s your life…

2 Likes

You don’t. You just do what you want to do and there’s nothing they can do about it. If you guys truly want to be kid free then maybe your husband should get a vasectomy and you on birth control for you guys don’t get pregnant on accident.

Just don’t have kids

Tell them No means No! :woman_shrugging: