How can I manage my postpartum depression?

I’ve never had postpartum depression before, and after having my daughter, I have it… I don’t know how to deal with it. I need some advice because I feel like everything I do is not good enough for my children. I have times where I want to be alone in my room and don’t want to come out. I basically shut the world out and want to be alone… I love my family so much. My children are my world!!

24 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/how-can-i-manage-my-postpartum-depression/10802

Find ways to have fun with them. They’re only little once

See your Dr. it is very important you do. I wish the best for you!:two_hearts:

Depression the answer lies in yourself especially that you have noticed.
Thank God for those kids. Spend time with them , cooking , singing , playing certain games with them…Pray with them…God help you.

See your doctor ASAP! You need help to get thru it and see the beauty of children! God Bless you!

2 Likes

Bake a cake, spend time with friends, go shopping, watch old movies, eat healthy,

Go and see you doctor he can help you and let your family no how you feel they will help just remember it does not last forever love yourself you are worthy of it

1 Like

If youre not able or willing to see your doctor about your depression maybe try this OTC treatment. Continue to take your prenatals,also start eating a banana every morning. Get some sunshine. Take a walk before dinner. Eat more fruits and veggies

3 Likes

you don’t deal with it, you get help. as in from a doctor… it’s a sudden drop in hormones, get help before it messes with your mind

4 Likes

Have you seen a doctor about all your problems, and there are many? I doubt that there are many people in this forum who can offer you any decent advice. You need help!

2 Likes

Instead of going on facebook go see your physician. They can steer you in the right direction.

It’s very normal to get post partum depression (ppd) and you should not feel ashamed of it. Realizing you have it is the biggest issue! Reach out for help, ask your doctor for ppd support and counseling. You can’t be the best mom you can be unless you take care of yourself. Those changing hormones really do some nasty stuff to our bodies! Please talk to your doctor ASAP and get some help. Prayers :pray:t2::pray:t2:

4 Likes

From personal experience i would suggest you see a doctor and they will be able to help and support you

5 Likes

How young ur children are? Send them to ur parents , if they not too old, have a break .advices from professional and medication is good but if no change of routine and enviroment, u just keep relying on meds.talk to hubby first, then parents nd family , that could help u.

2 Likes

you need to talk to your doctor

1 Like

Go to your doctor tell them what is going on. They can prescribed medication to help you out or counseling.

5 Likes

I have been struggling alot with it. I am two months postpartum. I am taking the highest dose of Lexapro and it is helping me tremendously! I do still have moments. Mine has been mostly anxiety and bad panic attacks but it’s getting better. I still can’t do big crowds or being away from home. But I can actually go out to eat and go in the grocery store. I highly recommend Lexapro. I was on Zoloft before and it turned me into a zombie I felt absolutely nothing. It was awful and scary. I would try to make myself cry and I just couldn’t show any emotions. Definitely talk to your doctor don’t let it get out of control because it does take any medicine awhile to get into your system and start working. And it’s totally normal, don’t let anyone make you feel bad about the way you’re feeling. :heart:

3 Likes

PPD is serious. Call your ObGyn immediately for a referral. While you’re waiting for your first appointment, if you feel worse such as thoughts of harming yourself or your children, go to the nearest emergency room.

1 Like

Talk to your doctor. Please seek medical help right now. Let a friend or family member know how you are feeling and maybe they can come in a give you some space for yourself. But please, talk to your doctor.

7 Likes

Definitely talk to your OBGYN about it ASAP

It’s worthwhile mentioning that antidepressants could have some side effects the first week eg. Feeling very tired and sleepy. It is really important at this stage to have someone from your family to support you and protect children from associated risks. God bless you and your family .

Sit in Sunshine with baby.Get a sunshine light sit in front if it for 20 mins. in a.m. Get more help with baby(,Your doing a great job!) in order to get more sleep. Take prenatal vitamins if Dr gives them or TELL obgyn to give you a vitamin prescription for Depression .Dr should get bloodwork. Talk to Free Covid depression Counselors 1-800 number. Depression is depression. Tell your O B G Y N.

See the doctor before you harm your self or your children

Keep pushing yourself to get out of the bad mood.

Mackenzie Naomi Engler

1 Like