How can I quickly rid of lice?

Not sure where you are located but some places have business you can go to or some that cone to you that remove lice. Itโ€™s pricey but worth it they have a 30 day guarantee and probably have tricks to work with little ones

Mayonnaise is the only way we could take care of ours

1 Like

Honestly, Hair Colourโ€ฆbut i donโ€™t recommend that on an year oldโ€ฆ

I recommend either shaving her head or the lice clinics of America treatment on Amazon. Works great kills every single one in 10 minutes and it has an easy apply applicator.

Theirs something called RID its a kit .it is a shampoo then a gel and a comb its a little expensive but it works great

2 Likes

I bought ladybugs :beetle: spray each morning I put it in my daughters hair and on her clothesโ€ฆno lice yetโ€ฆshes 14

Mayonnaise. You need to drench the hair in mayo, it suffocates them. But has to be on for at least 4 hours. Iโ€™ve used a shower cap over it to make it not messy and possibly overnight. (Hard to do with a 1 yr old probably)

However, if you can get the child to keep mayo on hair for at least 4 hours, the lice and nits will wash right out.

Information from department of health.

1 Like

Anyone curious how a 1 year old is going โ€œbackโ€ to school

10 Likes

Shave your head bald

2 Likes

Ok not only did I comb hAir and use Rid, I had to wash sheets everyday. I also put all other bedding in dryer for 30 minutes at least everyday. Cleaned all clothing and brushes daily. I vacuumed couches and sprayed them with lice spray every day. I basically cleaned for a damn month straight. I have 3 daughters with thick hair, one of which was 1 at the time. I felt so guilty she had lice so young.

Mayo soak and vinegar rinse has always worked for every child Iโ€™ve used it on. Then you put a little tea tree oil in the shampoo or coconut oil in the conditioner.

1 Like

Spearmint mouthwash let sit for hour. Rinse. Do same with vinegar afterwards for half hour then when taking bath/shower use tea tree oil in shampoo. Worked in a day for us. Plus the mouthwash makes your hair super soft.

Call the ped and get the prescription. They have one which is okay to use on a 1 year old. One application will kill it all

4 Likes

Drench hair in mayo then put a shower cap over sleep with it in rinse well in the morning lice can hold theit breath for 4 hours you donโ€™t need to comb out nits just repeat in 7 days exactly eggs hatch every 7 days! Lice can not live with out a human host for more than 24 hours so just toss pillows in hot dryer for awhile i deff would not use rid or any other harsh chemicals on a baby

2 Likes

Contact your pediatrician. The stuff they prescribe will work

1 Like

A lice comb lol use it till you know you donโ€™t have to keep checking in on the kids heads for the remaining lice or nits

Sheโ€™s just one year old, I would call the doctor

2 Likes

Go talk to a pharmacist. And keep her home until you have it under control

3 Likes

Wait what? She is going to back to school and she is just over a year old?

1 Like

Mix conditioner and water in a mix shake it the spray it other her hair works wonders for u girls

Neem oil shampoo from whole food or new seasons

Just cut her hair
Sheโ€™s only one
It will grow back

Why is she going to school? Sheโ€™s 1yrs old

There a Spanish soap for vagina care itโ€™s called lemisol it comes from Dominican Republic put in hair leave on for 2-3 hours. After you do that follow up with regular shampoo wash thoroughly twice then do lemisol for another 2-3 once you rinse it apply tea tree oil on hair and leave in then boom no more lice. :wink: thank me later

Original Listerine the yellow one like twice a day be careful it kinda burns and petroleum oil leave in for like 20 mins itโ€™s hard to get out but it suffocates the lice.

Rid I believe is the name of the treatment

I no it sounds werid but maynoise works

3 Likes

Coconut oil. Lather it in the hair. Wait a hr and then take the comb through it

1 Like

Yes and they sell it at walmart

The lice ladies are fantastic. My oldest brought it home from sharing hats and play clothes last year and we tried everything. Mayo, listerine and vinegar, over the counter treatment, and Rx treatment. Nothing worked.

I was at a breaking point the lice ladies saved me.

I would go to one of the places that treat it. Iโ€™ve heard great things about them.

Coconut oil and a blow dryer. Heat kills everything. Canโ€™t hatch a boiled egg!

2 Likes

Donโ€™t forget the car seat :seat: if it is made of cloth material.

1 Like

Mixture of vinegar and mineral oilโ€ฆ leave on for 1 hour with a bag on itโ€ฆ Or you can coat the hair in mayo and use a bag over night

Just go to the store and get Ridex!!

1 Like

Get a really thick Conditioner leave it in for the day wash it out it suffocates the lice

Rid (walmart/walgreens)

Vinegarโ€ฆ Neat. Leave over night wash out the next morning :grin:

1 Like

I used apple cider vineger with the mother in it then caked their hair in coconut or tea tree oil.

let mayo sit with a shower cap on for as long as sheโ€™ll let you, rinse it out and then rinse it with blue listerine (let it sit), rinse that and then blow dry on high! I had it all the time as a kid and this always worked!

Dye her hair she will never get againโ€ฆ

Coconut oil and tea tree oil over night wash out in morning

After the live is gone use a tea tree oil shampoo a couple times a month or spray it on her hair occasionally. It will help her from getting it again.

Donโ€™t send that kid back to daycare till they are all gone thatโ€™s how outbreaks happen :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

15 Likes

Soak her hair in listerine and or vinegar and put a shower cap over her head. Leave it on over night and rinse out in the morning

Tea tree oil!! Was the only thing that worked for us!!

1 Like

Coating the hair with thick products will only suffocate any living lice. It will not detach nits from the hair strand. Nits are stuck to the hair with a protein that is as strong or equivalent to superglue. If you can find Ladybug Elimination kits (most hair salons will carry) that is my personal belief in what works the fastest and most effective! It has a foam in the kit that will actually dissolve most of the nits, and it has zero chemicals, actually a vegan product. Especially with the age of the child, I would not risk using Rid or Nix, they are extremely drying to the hair, and have so so many chemicals that could possibly get in her eyes etc.

Hair dryer after you treat her head and comb it lice hate heat and it kills them. Iโ€™ve been battling it with my 9 & 5 yr old and oh my hell Iโ€™m going on week 3 it sucks!

U can get a prescription from dr. Sklice. Only one that you donโ€™t have to worry about getting eggs out. Itโ€™s penetrates them. There also a coupon on there website

The spray is the best stuff spray the lice comb and go through the hair and leave it on overnight

She cannot go to daycare if she has lice til it is completely gone. They are highly contagious!

3 Likes

You have to take them out with your fingers. The comb doesnโ€™t work.

You also have to treat your entire house

Nix!! Repeat in a week. And if itโ€™s anything like school she should be checked tomorrow and sent home if she still has lice. Gotta comb it a few times this week to get rid of them.

Iโ€™ve heard mayonaise works too. But definitely do not send her inti school until they are gone

1 Like

LiceFree spray. Smells like licorice kills nits & lices donโ€™t have to wash out.

Diatomaceous Earth FOOD GRADE!! Do not get Pool grade make sure itโ€™s FOOD GRADE

Mayo and a shower cap

2 Likes

Mayonaise or vaseline with a grocery bag. Leave it over night and wash her hair in the morning. Please donโ€™t send her to school with them. It will be a continuous circle and cause an outbreak.

1 Like

Do NOT send her tomorrow

5 Likes

Why is a child over a year old going to school to begin with?! :thinking:

The teachers will thank you

2 Likes

Robocombโ€ฆ no chemicalsโ€ฆ i suggest snacks and fave showโ€ฆ many breaksโ€ฆ also if she has lice shouldnt send to schoolโ€ฆ

Slather an olive oil and tea tree oil mix on her head and let it sit for about an hour and wash out.(or overnight with a shower cap or something to protect her sheets) Unfortunately you will have to go through and pick the nits out because the comb never gets all of them out. Anything you do, you may have to repeat once or twice to make sure they are all gone.

Iโ€™ve used dog shampoo on my kids. Wash once and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Rinse and wash again. Only the second time take her outside and blow dry her hair. Works like a charm and no picking necessary.

1 Like

I would go over my sons hair when he was sleeping. Or handed him the phone so I could go through his hair.

Any kind of oil will suffocate them!!!them comb them out !!wash bedding in hot water and dry

Vacuum the hair.
Put coconut oil in.
Wash, and blow dry hair.
Repeat.
Treat your house.
Anything that can go into the dryer can be treated that way.
Also, clean out the vacuum right away.
Best of luck!!

Shave the head. Problem solved

2 Likes

Get the lady bugs kit

Mayonnaise works but it has to be real mayonnaise

Omg took me like 2 months and many treatments many loads of washing even bought a new bed thank goodness that is over with

Coconut oil. Then apply every two weeks for a whole day to prevent them from coming back

my pediatrician had us put Vaseline throughout hair, cover for a couple of hours. We did 2 hours. Washed it out with dawn dish soap then regular shampoo. Only took that one time. Took all clothes, bedding and stuffed animals, washed in hot water. It worked perfect and caused no isssues at all

Vaseline or coconut oil and salt. Should be super gritty but still the consistency of vaseline. Put in hair, gently rub in and let sit for 15 minutes. Then comb out hair with a nit comb. Rinse the comb with super hot water. And then wash hair with Dawn dish soap or mechanics Orange soap, then regular shampoo. Hair will seem greasy for a few washes.

Put tea tree oil and water in a spray bottle and spray hair every day. I used it as the detangler for my kids.

Go and bye the v tech minchine iv got one its the best thing I have brought .I dont use head lice products any more .

Use grease in her hair

Please be careful placing anything like a shower cap on her head for a long period of time. It is very dangerous especially if she was to sleep in it.

1 Like

Any and cheapest Cooking oil / Vaseline / conditioner.
Its suffocates them.
It also loosens the glue like substance that they use to grip the hair

Work on her while she sleeps.

Iโ€™ve heard tea tree oil with a bath cap for a while the oil will suffocate them

Where we come from we use only large amounts of thick hair conditioner and cover head leave on over night then comb out with nit comb then wash normally good luck

Coconut oil and apple cider vinegar kills lice and oil removes them easily. Tree oil in ur shampoo helps prevent lice too!

My neighbour used to swear by freshly cut lavender soaked in hot water and then used to wash the hair with it. X

Equal parts mineral oil and vinegar. Works like a charm. Rub it into hair let sit for awhile with a bag on the head.

No idea but if you send her and the others get it you will have cps checking in on you in no time. Js.Good luck.

4 Likes

Put coconut out on hair to kill bugs, wash hair, then rinse hair with apple cider vinegar, leave in and use the comb to get the eggs โ€ฆ they will come right out

3 Likes

Donโ€™t forget to put all the stuffed animals in plastic bags.

We used vamousse every day for 6 weeks

Call the doc and get the prescription stuff. And itโ€™s more than bedding. EVERY soft surface has to be addressed. Furniture, car seat, etc

3 Likes

Mayo but it takes a few hours. I have gotten this spray that you spray on your hair and let dry naturally. After you wash it out it has killed them all. It takes a few days of combing to get it all out and usually a second treatment a week after is recommended. I would keep her out until you know itโ€™s gone because that stuff spreads so fast and before you know it, sheโ€™s gotten it again from someone she gave it to.

3 Likes

heat use a flat iron and then wash

I had lice when i was a kid, my mom covered my entire head in mayo! I dont know what in it killed the nits and eggs. Then my mom used the electronic lice comb and placed then in alcohol. I still cannot stand the smell to this day :nauseated_face:

1 Like

I had 6 kids I had dr call in shampoo then few days later we did tea tree oil and baby shampoo mixture stinks like hell but leave on for five minutes or longer and it works! Then I used a hair straightener to kill the eggs

Blow dry. The heat will kill them

Donโ€™t send her to school knowing she has lice? Jesus christ.

14 Likes

Talk to your nearest pharmacist on what to do. All those remedies do not work and no hair treatments will kill the eggs (nits). If you own a flat iron, flat iron her hair, will kill the nits immediately. Strip her bedding, vaccum her mattress (wherever she sleeps and sits). Place all dirty laundry/bedding and stuff animals in bags. Wipe down her toys. Any other children in the home, do the same. Keep checking everyones heads, including you every day for the next 2 weeks. Wash and dry all items bagged. The tea tree remedies are to deter lice, not get rid of them. If youโ€™re willing to put the work in every day for 2 weeks straight with every individual and cleanliness (keep bedding cleaned every 2nd day, laundry, vacuuming).in your home. They will be gone in no time. This is the quickest way.

Vamousse is the best make sure the hair is fully saturated it kills nits and all.

Olive oil for a few hours will smother and kill them. then carefully comb it all out. Keep her hair up and use a spray like fairytales,

1 Like

Conditioner and nit comb, theyโ€™ll slide out like butter

1 Like

What school do one year olds go to? If you have tried everything Iโ€™d call her pediatrician. They may have a remedy that can take care if it without having to over process her hair and cause you or her more stress. A metal Lice comb will trap them and you can use a bowl of water to get them out of the comb.

Soak her hair with baby oil and comb them out!!