How can I support my pregnant 14 year old?

just be there for your daughter💕

Just show her all the love that you have for her I question though is has where’s the baby’s father and all of this is he going to even be in the babies life and how is he planning on supporting her and his unborn child cuz she didn’t make the baby all on her own

1 Like

I wasn’t q yeen mom but was in a bad predicament. But my mom was always by my side. And helped me as much as she could. Be there for her. And give her all the advice she needs. Oet her know no matter what she can come to you for anything.

Teen mom here as well. My boy is actually turning 18 next week and it was the best choice I ever made. My mom was my biggest supporter. I didn’t tell her until I was 7.5 months pregnant. She wish I told her sooner. Support her in whatever she decides to do…

I’m sure she feels ashamed and scared enough. Don’t threaten her or push her away. Explain to her how much you are upset but tell her you’re going to be there for her every step of the way. Teach her. Pregnancy isn’t easy.

Don’t treat her like she’s a baby, even though she is in your eyes. She’s about to grow up real fast, and she doesn’t need you to make her feel any worse than I’m sure she already feels. Just support her, and don’t try taking over her kid once its born.

3 Likes

Talking to her about contraceptive wouldve been a good start

1 Like

Give her options, and let her choose herself after she is informed and educated on each choice. I wouldn’t really want to support such an irresponsible mess, I would be explaining how much her life will be impacted, and all the sacrifices she will be making in her future if she chooses to take it on herself.

6 Likes

Talk her into having an abortion. No kid at 14 needs a baby when they are still a baby. That or adoption. There is not enough help for single teenage parents out there.

11 Likes

You love her and your new grandbaby. Period.

3 Likes

So out of the blue I have no clue how long I have been part of this page and I honestly dont believe I have ever commented but this post caught my attention seeing that I was 16 when I had my oldest son and let me just say that my mom was not happy I was in complete denial, my mom let me make the choice of what I wanted to do, and I was judged and my mom had a very hard time with it in the beginning but my mom never missed an appointment along with she was in the room when I gave birth to her grandson. And now at the age of 30 my mother tells me all the time how proud she is of me for the woman and mother I am. Yes your daughter is very young but right now she needs her mother the most and she needs you to hold her and let her know that you are there 100%.

10 Likes

Love her through it…

3 Likes

Have you all considered adoption? It’s a wonderful, brave thing to do

1 Like

I had my daughter at 15 and I will say, my mom was the best support system I could’ve ever asked for. Sure it was a shock and we definitely had some difficult moments but she stuck by my side every step of the way. And now, 8 years later, still the same way and her and my daughter are so close :heart: if I wouldn’t have had that I don’t know where I would be at. As hard as it is just support her, it makes so much of a difference, at least it did for me

3 Likes

Be supportive and ready to help her and baby when you can. They need a good support system and will most definitely need you!

I had this handsome young man when I was 15.
His now 14.
If you would like to talk, feel free to message me.
Please support her, let her know her options but let her know you will support her. But I think its important she is aware that for the next 18 years everything she does will be for that baby.
As for you. Please don’t shut her out, don’t be disappointed. If she follows through with this pregnancy, you are going to feel a whole new love for your grandchild. All the absolute best to you all x

9 Likes

Support your daughter love her be there for her💛

Give her all the support you can!!
I am to young to deal with your situation but, I know a few people who had this happen ( they were her age at the time she’s ranged from 14-16) and the parents made them get an abortion and it still bothers them to this day ( I am now 27) they still get extremely emotional a few days before the date and a few days after.

Be there for her. She’s probably more scared than you can imagine. What’s done is done but it’s your time to put your feelings aside and love her.

2 Likes

Make sure she’s aware of all her options and just support her decision in anyway you can. Treat her with love and don’t ever let her feel ashamed. As crummy as this all is this may be your future grandchild and she will forever remember how you made her feel during tbis scary time

1 Like

Just be there for her and show her your support in whatever her choices are she must be really scared

A baby is always a blessing . She needs you most this time . Just be the best support system . Don’t mind what other people say
#JustLove

2 Likes

There will be so many people telling her she can’t do it or shouldn’t do it or will regret it. Be the one to let her know she can do it, and help her find the joy in being a mother! (If that’s what she chooses)
Help guide her to be a responsible mother and love her unconditionally like I’m sure you do!
Let her know she has options and that you support her in whatever she decides!
Good luck to all of you!!

2 Likes

Would take her to the abortion clinic. She’s 14

11 Likes

Support her same way you would support her if she was older and had your grandkid. Help her to educate herself on becoming responsible mom.

2 Likes

Love her and support any decision she makes. Sometimes the best blessings aren’t prepared for…

2 Likes

Be there for her and the baby. And have her finish school.

3 Likes

My 14 year old daughter just had my first grandbaby December 28… it was so hard to mentally accept at first. We went to family therapy to help us talk through things and honestly accept what was happening. I felt like our world was destroyed, we got through it and my husband and I are now proud grandparents to our little Ivy Kennedy! It’s not what we would have chosen but we have moved on as a family and are supporting my daughter (his stepdaughter) in any way she needs to help her finish school and be an amazing mom.

12 Likes

My daughter is only 2, but I would let my daughter know of EVERY option and provide research for each. I would support her and let her know I was there for her no matter which option she chose. Let her make her own decision, but be there for her. No matter what she chooses to do, it’s going to be hard and she’s going to need you.

3 Likes

I would ask her what she wants to do. Tell her all the options and just be supportive. If she decides to keep the baby tell her what she’ll be giving up in her life to care and support that child. Just make sure she understands the reality of the situation she’s in. All you can do is be supportive and talk to her.

4 Likes

Being a teenage momma, support her in whatever she wants to do. Educate her on her choices and allow HER to choose her path. Talk throughly about the outcomes of every path and just let her decide. I remember my mom being so upset when she found out I was pregnant, but after a bit she came around and supported me the whole way. People are gonna shame her and talk mad trash about her, she needs someone to be in her corner. Be that person no matter how hard it is! It’s gonna be okay momma. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Best of luck and congratulations on the grand baby.

5 Likes

My daughter was also that age!! Worked nights, took care of bay during day, she went to school and took care him at night!! Helped raise hime till she graduate !! Wasn’t easy but we managed!! She went to college and is now a respiratory therapist!!

10 Likes

I was a Mom at 18 BUT it happens and could have happen to a lot of us, first I’d say just obviously as other comments mention support her, also remind her there is help idk what state you live in or country but there’s food stamps and when she’s of age housing there is not shame in those things when you are starting out & trying to make a life for her and her baby but by time she’s 18 her baby will be old enough most likely to go to school so she can further her education college if she wants and her little one will be in school as well.

2 Likes

Love her and don’t force her to do anything she doesn’t or isn’t ready to do. She probably already feels like a failure and that she let you down.

Just be there for her help her give her a safe place. That to me would be a very scary situation I got pregnant at 17 and that was scary so I can imagine her feelings are 100 times worse.

2 Likes

Support her no matter what…
She needs her mom and that baby will need their granny

3 Likes

I became a mom when I was 16, pregnant at 15. My momma made sure to tell/show me often that I wasn’t a terrible person and I shouldn’t be ashamed. That helped more than anything else. I know without a doubt that I disappointed her but she never once made me badly about myself. She gave me freedom to own my choices and the consequences but did it with so much guidance and love. That was 27+ years ago now and I’ve never once forgotten.

4 Likes

I was pregnant at 15 I was so scared but as a mom now, she needs you!! Life goes on, things happen,just love her and support her regardless

1 Like

Just support and love her.

1 Like

Be there for her she needs you i lost a baby and let me tell you thats something you will never get back you can never undo something but being a mom is pure love there is nothing like it… it is hard but wow

Ask her what she wants to do and support her choice. Give her options. Coming from someone who had a baby as a teen the worst thing my mom did was scold me the entire pregnancy which didn’t help mentally but she did take me to appointments and was there for me. Have her sign up for WIC and look into other forms of help for her. She will also need to take charge in making appointments and insurance stuff unless she signs off on you doing it her insurance will now start treating her as an adult. When I found out I signed up for WIC and set an appointment and showed my mom all what I started and went from there. Try helping her by finding out what she would like to do and support her in whatever choice she makes

4 Likes

Talk to her. Trust her and let her know she can trust you. The old adage, ‘it takes a village to raise a child’ is true. You are her village. :purple_heart: You got this, mama. Your grandbaby is very blessed to have family surrounding him/her already.

Support her, encourage her, let her know that you are there for her! She will need all of the support and love she can get. Prayers :heart:

1 Like

I was 14 when i had gotten pregnant with my oldest. Be there for her. Shes probably scared out of her mind. Let her know the options available and discuss them and make sure she knows you will support whatever decision she makes. If she decides to keep the baby, give her all the love and support you can. Its ok to be mad. Shes probably mad at herself, but right now she needs to know her mama has her back. If the father isnt involved, go to her appointments with her. Being pregnant and giving birth is scary no matter what age you are, make sure she doesnt feel alone. A baby is still a blessing and it will mean so much to her if shes able to share the joy with you when she goes for her first ultrasound, or feels the babys first kicks. Shes gonna feel judged by the assholes of the world, be her shoulder to cry on. And when that baby is here, love and cherish every moment. Teach and guide her into parenthood. Life is short. You might be mad and dissapointed now, but those feelings will be gone when you are full of smiles watching your grandbaby grow and youll be full of pride in how great of a mom your daughter becomes <3 best wishes.

1 Like

All you can do is let her know you love and support her. And her baby, your grandchild. Make sure she gets proper prenatal care and takes care of herself. Now is definately not the time to turn your back on her or let her know your disappointed.

1 Like

Support her, Listen to her love her.

Love her…support her and be there for her.

Don’t let her get married, I was pregnant at 14, married at 15 and gave birth. Divorced by 17.

1 Like

My mom was a teen mom she got pregnant at 12 had me at 13, I was a teen mom got pregnant at 17 had my son at 18. My mom immediately moved out with her 21yr old bf (my dad) and finished middle school and high school and worked 2 jobs before I was even 3. Where as myself I had already been working and finished school when I had my son but even then I struggled to make ends meet. I think supporting your daughter emotionally is important but I think it’s also important to talk to your daughter about her future goals and what she thinks they will look like and how she plans to accomplish them if she plans to keep her baby. And it’s also important that if she does keep it you teach her the responsibility it takes to raise a child this young she will have to grow up very quickly don’t be the grandma that does it all because she chose to have a baby at 14 you didn’t choose to have the baby. I know it sounds harsh but if my mom hadn’t been hard on me when I had my son I wouldn’t be as independent as I am now. My mom never interfered with my parenting unless I asked her for help and if it was something I she knew If could do she would tell me how to accomplish whatever it was not just take the baby and do it for me. You can’t be the one to get up in the middle of the night because she has school in the morning she’s going to have to do it. Also, talking about where she sees her relationship with the baby’s father going and talking to him. Ultimately this baby if kept will be in your house and if the dad is expected to help keep in mind he will likely end up with you as well or your daughter and baby at his parents house. It’s so much to think about I sympathize with you mama stay strong!

4 Likes

My mom was really supportive. I was 16 and she said “I love you, and im here for whatever you wanna do. Just please don’t get an abortion” I told her I wanted to keep him and she supported me in my decision. Make sure she knows you’re there for her no matter what.

4 Likes

Love her and support her like everybody else told you.

Then find the little ahole who contributed and make him be actively involved as well, or pay. She did not do this alone sp she should not shoulder this alone

Do not punish the baby because of your daughters actions

I am sorry, love and right to you my dearest…be strong

Support her, have her take responsibility. At 15 have her look for a part time or as needed job. She needs to contribute to everything she can. She’s a parent now. Don’t shame her, just love and encourage her.

5 Likes

Life isn’t perfect and things rarely go to plan. This is a blessing. You’ll both be great. X

1 Like

I got pregnant at 17 and my mom didn’t talk to me for about a day and then she supported me and helped me through the full 9 months and is the best grandma she can be, trust me your daughter needs your support right now

4 Likes

Just be there for her and love her. She’s terrified, just like you.

2 Likes

Be real with her. Be real with her like she’s a person, not like she’s your kid. Be real with her about things like postpardum depression, which is a real bitch when you are already dealing with teenage girl hormones. Be real with her about how much her life as she knows it will disappear when that baby is born, if she plans to be a decent mother. Be real with her about the fact that the government may try to take that baby if she isn’t a decent mother. Be real with her about how much personal growing she still has to do as a human before she will even begin to really know herself. Be real with her about how this baby would not be an accessory or a toy, it will be a real person who’s entire world will be built on the kind of life she is able to give them. Be real with her about all the painful parts of being a mother that add up over weeks, months, and years. Not the labor pains, or the weeks without sleep. Everyone knows those. The one year olds that innocently snap your bra straps for fun, or rake their little nails up your back, or pull your hair while climbing you, the minute you try to sit down for five minutes, after keeping you up all night for six straight nights. How helpless you feel when they get sick, how heartbreaking it is to hear them cry in pain- even if it was completely maddening to hear them tantrum just minutes before. The constant need, and the absolute lack of appreciation or praise. How, if she’s doing it right, she’ll fret constantly. If she isn’t doing it right, she’ll do damage that will effect this new person their whole life.
I’m sure you plan to be there and help, but life is uncertain. She needs to be aware of and prepared to carry the true weight of her choice, if she’s sure she’s keeping it.
Sure, tell her the great stuff too. There are so many beautiful wonderful moments in every day. Being a mother (for me and in my own personal experience, not for everyone) really is the most rewarding path. Just don’t sugar coat it. She needs to be aware of the pain and sacrifice in being a good mother, doubley so a single one- and since she’s 14, regardless of the current romantic situation, she should be prepared for that to be a possibility eventually. She also needs to understand that the consequences of not giving it her all will ruin the life of someone who came into the world knowing only to trust her. Mother is god in the eyes of a child, she is the example of what they normalize in life.
Support her, absolutely, whatever she chooses… but do not do her the disservice of letting her make this choice ignorant of the realities.
I had my oldest daughter when I was 16. My pregnancy was met with aggressive, authoritative “YOU MUST ABORT” and blind, cripplingly positive words of support. Neither were healthy. Don’t tell her all these things to talk her out of it, but as a show of respect for her as a person. She isn’t going down this road as your daughter, she’s going down this road as a person. You can help with everything that baby needs, but you can’t take over her body and autopilot her through the hard times that will come up along the way- physically, emotionally, socially, or romantically. Don’t send her in blind.
Love her enough to be real with her, and with yourself while you’re at it.

1 Like

I was 33 when I had my first baby. There was a 15 yr old having her first. Her mum was 35. The 15yr old was amazingly relaxed and I watched her over the next 5 years have two more babies (all to the same partner). Great young parents! My eldest has just turned 24 and his partner is 23. Their little boy turns 4 in July and the twin girls turn 2 this February. So not planned but so loved and they are amazing young parents. They cop so much negative judgment but I am so proud of them. Accept the blessing that a baby is. Envoy your daughter to continue on with her education, help her learn to be a parent and support where you can. Do not punish her as that achieves nothing. Do not tell the baby that it is a result of a mistake. Be positive and loving and enjoy.

4 Likes

I was a teen mother!!! Be there for her every step of the way! Dr appointments guide her through it tell her you are there for her don’t scold her I’m sure she feels guilty enough. She’s probably scared give her options let her know you are open to her ideas talk to her about keeping the baby or adoption. Explain to her she will have to get a job and finish school and support a baby! You want her to be honest with you and you want her to be able to come to you when she really needs you!!

2 Likes

My heart is so FULL reading these comments that say LOVE her, support her, be there for her❤
I didn’t receive the support I needed from anyone at the time and i ended up down a different path… almost killed myself because of it. There is nothing like the pain you feel emotionally, mentally and physically from an abortion. I didn’t think life had any meaning after that.
Thru God I was able to receive help and get thru the pain of my choices. Live happy and at peace. All I can say is things happen for a reason. Trials will come and there are options we have choices to make that will shape us into the people and woman we are supposed to be. We need to love each other ! Support our young mamas out there. Try our hardest to fight for them and their unborn babies. Show that mama and baby matter. It’s hard to see what it looks like from the other side being young, not knowing what joy and love comes with that child. Young girls are so scared. They need ALL the Support and LOVE!:gift_heart:

7 Likes

It’s hard and you probably feel embarrassed to have a pregnant 14 year old but I can promise you when that baby is born everything changes you will be a happy grandparent, teach her responsibility show her how to be the best mother possible !!!

2 Likes

I got pregnant at 17 and married the father my mother stood by me at first sge didint want me to get married but i knew what was best for me and my baby and my mother let me get married today im happy with 3 kids and married for 7 years now still going strong

1 Like

Support her. Even if your angry just let her know your there for her and the baby no matter what. She’s just as scared as you are. She needs you now more than ever.

2 Likes

If my daughter got pregnant at a young age I would educate her on all of her options and then support her decision. If that decision was to raise the child I would assure her she’ll always have support

9 Likes

always have her back. and teach her ways to not give af about judgement that may come her way. sounds like you have love and will support her good enough

1 Like

I was a 15 year old mom. My mom was so supportive, loving and accepting of me that we still have a great relationship. Words could never express how appreciative I am of her for being there for me and my daughter. She held my hand through both of my girls deliveries and was the fist person I called after having a miscarriage. I went to her house and crawled in her bed and cried with her holding me. I always feel home when I’m with her and I’m almost 30 years old. Please be supportive but also let her be a parent. Yes she is still a child herself but trust me when I say she is a mother now and you have to let her learn :heartpulse: i wish yall all the best!!! Remember mom and grandma’s journeys have just begun :heart_eyes: p.s if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to message me.

5 Likes

I am a teen mom!!! Had my baby at 15. The best advice I can give from your daughters view to you is be her rock. She is going to be scared sad unsure mad and the best she needs is a mom who can show her how to mom. She doesn’t have the best maternal instincts because she is still a child herself she can and will be q great mama but she needs support to finish school. Sounds like you are a wonderful mom just asking for advice! You will qll do great. Congratulations!!! Your daughter will surprise you. Just dont not ever let her feel like she is alone and be there every step for advice

5 Likes

OK do not punish anyone. Wow some of these are full on. Anyway congratulations your going to be a nanny but 1st of all hug her let her known you are there for her give her control of her life if she want to keep the baby all you can do is love her and the baby. Xxx it will be hard work but in the end will all be OK xx sending love xx

1 Like

As disappointing as it is for you, unfortunately shit happens. A lot of people have presumed she would like to keep it; if she doesn’t, that’s okay, just be her mum. If she wants to keep the baby, that is also okay and again, just be her mum. Nudge her in the right direction of parenthood and encourage her to grow up, let her know that no matter how you feel about this situation, that you love her.

I have known plenty of young parents (myself included) and they have been amazing! The stigma around this needs to end. Being young does not make parents uncapable and I’m sure she will prove that to you.

1 Like

Yes she is young and I’m sure ur a bit disappointed but try not be angry at her and give her your total support and love and really be there to support her thru everything…im sure your daughter is beyond scared right now and wants her mum more than anything darl xx

2 Likes

I was 16 when I got pregnant turned 17 a week after having her best Decision I ever made but everyone’s different support whatever decision she may chose :slightly_smiling_face:some of these comments are so nasty saying her mum is going to raise her grandchildren like come on ladies it’s 2021 I know teen mums that do a better job then some grown ass women :woman_facepalming:

just love her and support her so dont lose your daughter and your grand child

Coming from being pregnant myself at 14 my mom was devastated for a little while but then she grew to support me and show me guidance throughout my pregnancy and now she and her grandson have a special relationship/bond. Now my dad on the other hand didn’t speak to me for about a good month and directed me into a different direction but that’s understandable coming from a father’s point of view. But now they are inseparable and are very close. Everything will be worth it in the end.

Just love her, teach her what to expect. I had my baby at 20. I felt lost and unacceptable without my mother

1 Like

Hi, i feel she will need massive massive support from you and family. People get very judgy!! lots of horrible looks lots of horrible comments massive amount of negative opinions… But if this is what she really wants and is head strong she’ll do it I had my son at 14 so same age…
still went school and graduated from school and then college and have a good career and a lovely life. My son is the best thing that ever happened to me. Would never change it… Feel free to pm me as well as your daughter
X

6 Likes

Be there for her motherhood is hard and for life and I’m sure she is freaking out a bit.

I literally had a baby at 14 u can add me if u or her need to talk my baby is 25 now n the main thing is for her to know ur there for her in my opinion bc that’s what I didn’t have :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Had my first born at 15. The best thing you can give her is SUPPORT and you will be surprised how well your daughter will flourish into motherhood. Now 24, and I’ve accomplished what I had set out for myself, and my family. The dad & I still going strong at 10 years.
Do not underestimate a pregnant teen! I’m so blessed to have had my daughter so young

7 Likes

The best advice i can offer is just love her, shes probably so scared and just wanring her mum. I know its not ideal but just support her as much as you can xxxx

4 Likes

No matter wot choices in life your daughter goes diwn be there for her love her support her i see parents kick there daughters out just guide ger educate her love her no matter wot yes your angry thats understandable cause parents that choose to be distance cause wot has happen to the point that beautiful daughter you got you want see her she theres lots suport out there for teen mums to

I got pregnant when I was 17!ike everyone else commenting support is necessary here and her knowing your there no matter what! My mum was amazing support for me! I wouldn’t say her education etc is ruined… it’s just on hold until she’s ready to start it again, most young mums do a heck of a better job than older mums so the people judging keep that in mind😉 depending where you are I was put into a programme called family nurse partnership, it literally is a nurse comes talk to you throughout your whole pregnancy in what to expect and continues until the child is 2 it’s a brilliant programme! I’m not 23, my oldest is 5 my youngest is 20months and I’m pregnant with number 3🙂 congratulations nanny😁

3 Likes

Lots and lots of TLC :pray:

No matter how you, yourself feel about the situation, you need to offer her guidance, support and understanding. I was a teen mum, and I was always and still am terrified of asking for help because of the stigma surrounding us as young mothers, the stigma that says we don’t care after a certain point, or cannot handle it or want to party eventually, it is all BS. My daughter is now almost 3 and I have gritted my teeth and got through it no matter what obstacles we faced, such as extreme tantrums, breastfeeding, hospital stays, being seperated from her when I was put in hospital, and other terrible life events. Because of my fear of asking for help, I went through most of the obstacles alone with the support of her father only, and I still am dedicating every second to giving the best care I can, you need to understand her experience and help her, please don’t get angry at her or yell at her, and allow her to have an informed choice about her future. She will still have an amazing future full of potential and great things.

Support her the best way possible…

Hold her hand and make sure she knows how much you love her.people will be cruel and try and hurt her.
Be on her side and whatever she decides to do be there for her.

3 Likes

I had my first baby at 15.
Don’t be overbearing. Do not try to take over. Remember that this is her child, not yours. Let her know that you are there for her and be involved when she asks you to but don’t suffocate her.

5 Likes

Hold her tight. Never let go. Support her. Don’t listen to the idiots that say kick her out. She your daughter and she’s carrying your grandchild. My stepdaughter had a baby at 16. Great mother

4 Likes

Look at other options if that what she wants?

1 Like

Provide a loving, caring, nurturing environment for your daughter and that baby.

96 Likes

Just support her on whatever choice she makes.

12 Likes

Educate her and make an appt at planned parenthood.

37 Likes

God gave her that baby for a reason … I would love her and that baby, while helping her be the best mother she can be while she is still discovering herself. Prayers and patience :heartpulse:

6 Likes

Please be there for her every step of the way!!

5 Likes

Be there for her every step of the way, don’t let others opinions matter, support her in whatever she does

3 Likes

Adopt for the unborn child

10 Likes

Even if you aren’t happy, just be as loving and supportive as you can be to her and the baby. I’m sure you remember how scary being a new mom is, no matter what age. I can only imagine at that age. And maybe get a therapist or counselor for you and her both so you both have someone to vent to and help you figure out your way through this! Much love to you both! :heart:

9 Likes

Love and support her through it! That baby could be the biggest blessing in both of your lives and your bond will just be stronger because of it. Loving her through adversity is the best gift you could give her❤️

2 Likes

Ask her what SHE wants to do

24 Likes

I myself if I feel I didn’t have the right words & afraid my frustration would take over I would offer her some counseling, it may be good to hear from a total stranger rather than her mom of the journey she is about to begin. The only thing I’d be forward in telling her is she does have the option for adoption because if she decides to keep it then it’s solely her responsibility & at 16 I’d expect her to find a job to help for her child’s expenses.

Listen to her, lay out all her options as she may not know them and be there for her as much as possible. A baby isnt the end of the world, but let her know how much hard work and tiring it can be. She needs to come to the decision herself of what she wants xx

1 Like