How can I tell my SO I am pregnant when he isn't ready?

I am a mom to two babies, 8 and 1 yo. My partner and I have had a rough year, but we are doing okay. He is facing legal trouble; he is an addict but now sober and went to rehab, so he is just trying to get back to work. He doesn’t want anymore children, and I do. We spoke about doing it “right” in the future and planning our last one so we can be excited and enjoy every minute. welp, surprise. I am pregnant. I’m not sad at all. I know I have a few things to figure out, and my youngest is only one; that’s the only thing that makes me nervous. When I told him I wanted to talk to him, the first thing he said is “oh God. you better not be pregnant. we cannot have a baby right now.” so I didn’t even say anything to him. Now I’m kind of upset because I feel like I don’t have a supportive partner at all, and I really wanted to be happy. So now I feel super alone. How would y’all go about telling him? just rip off the band-aid? I feel like if he tries to tell me to terminate the baby, our relationship will be over because that will not be happening.

125 Likes

Honestly, I think telling him sooner than later is better. Let him know, react & go from there.

Also, it takes 2 to make a baby. So if he’s upset it’s half his fault you got pregnant :woman_shrugging:t3:

23 Likes

Maybe respect his requests because by the sound of it, he literally isn’t ready. All I can say is good luck because he will probably flip out. I know I would if the shoe was on the other foot

68 Likes

Do not give a guilt trip. He doesn’t want kids and you’re already pregnant so figure out if you can support the kids and your life on one income and then tell him you’re pregnant so he is at least aware of the situation.

11 Likes

You gotta tell him honey. Just rip off the bandaid.

5 Likes

Let him know your pregnant and be prepared to be a single mother.

44 Likes

I would definitely tell him soon and if hes upset which clearly he will be,try to be supportive of how he feels but stern that you will not terminate your baby.i guess you are going to have to go with your gut, and either terminate the baby which to me like you said will ruin the relationship because you will have guilt and resentment, or you guys get through this together, or you find a supportive partner…that would be happy to have a baby with you and own up to the consequence of ejaculating inside of you.good luck momma.everything will be okay either way.i hope you guys can work it out

3 Likes

It takes two to make a baby. It’s a blessing and you shouldn’t feel ashamed. You should be happy and not worried. He will get over it.

19 Likes

First off when he says hes not ready cause obviously he isn’t ready financially or mentally. Addiction whether sober or not is a every day battle. So you should have been understanding even if you were ready. You should tell him right away. He deserves to know. And maybe itll set him into motion to wanting better etc. Either way he deserves to know

67 Likes

You knew he wasn’t ready to have another baby and he was working on staying sober and you’re upset he’s not happy? It seems like you wanted another baby so you didn’t make sure you were preventing it from happening. I think that’s kind of a messed up thing to do when he clearly didn’t want a baby right now. I get that it takes two people but there are plenty of birth control options that would have given you guys some time and for him to work on fixing himself. Just tell him and see what happens, what’s done is done.

125 Likes

You should have considered his feelings. He told you he didn’t want another and you let it happen. Be ready to be single self-centered mom. Just dumb.

38 Likes

I have so many questions. Where y’all using protection? Both of you? I mean if he’s saying he didn’t want kids then he should’ve been wrapping it up or been under the impression you were on some sort of birth control. Also, while you may not be upset about the news, you can’t expect him to be excited when he’s been clear that he doesn’t want children. At the end of the day, YOU have the final say. Your body, your choice. But also consider that if you’re choosing to keep it while he doesn’t, you will likely have to do it on your own- without his support. He can’t force you to have an abortion but you also can’t force him to be a dad.

33 Likes

Tell him immediately n deal with his reaction when it comes. Maybe once he hears you say it he will have change of heart , either way he needs to know now. Good Luck hope everything works out for you guys!

5 Likes

Y’all are dumb sitting there being unsupportive and saying it’s her fault she got pregnant. Rude ass mofos. It takes two to make a baby. And she may have used protection and it may not have worked, that happens you know! Even if he isn’t ready to have a baby that’s not just on her that’s on him. He helped create the baby so when she tells him he shouldn’t freak out on her. He should get his shit together and help her get through it too.

44 Likes

It takes 2 people to make the decision to not use protection or try to prevent it. If he was so concerned then he could have bought condoms and been responsible. Ready or not your already pregnant so no need to wait. Just tell him. Good luck :purple_heart:

10 Likes

Last I checked it takes two to create a baby. Half of this was his doing as well. Not all pregnancies are planned or come at a ‘perfect’ timing. Just tell him and prepare for whatever his response may be.
P.s. I am so sorry for some comments shaming you, just keep moving forward & do whats best for your kids and yourself. :green_heart:

9 Likes

Show some compassion people. 1. Birth control doesn’t always work. 2. Condoms don’t always work. I got pregnant on birth control AND used a condom. It takes two to tango and things happen. Regardless he needs to know. Don’t assume the worst but also prepare yourself. But I think you guys will find a middle ground. Good luck sweetie

8 Likes

If this so called man wasn’t wanting more kids, HE could have made sure to prevent a pregnancy.

10 Likes

Sounds like he still has an addict mindset and needs to grow up he might just go back to his old habits I’d leave him and tell him we can work things out if he decides to stay sober figure out his life and want to be a dad then you can go from there but until then sounds like you will be a single mom even if you live together

1 Like

I think it’s a conversation that should be in person… I feel at first he’ll be confused, stressed, angry, sad and feeling down on himself, but as the pregnancy progresses he will accept it, be happy, try to do and be better, support you and once he sees the baby he will love them and be so excited and happy but still wondering how he’s gonna help support. Good luck mama :heart:

Just tell him. As adults yall knew the outcome of having sex without proper precautions. If he didn’t want anymore kids he should have wrapped his pecker. I am not trying to be rude or judgemental. But this is a situation you cannot hide from each other. Be prepared for his response. Be prepared to go it alone since he has pending legal issues. One thing I suggest is maybe just giving him a christmas card with the first ultrasound in it. Or a cute saying to help the news come across easier.

2 Likes

Tell him you may have to do it alone but that would be on him not you or the baby

You won’t be having a baby “right now”. You have some time to prepare. Rip that band aid off tho. He does know what causes pregnancy, I would assume? If he did nothing to prevent it, he can’t be all that surprised. :woman_shrugging:t2:

12 Likes

Terminate the relationship if he tells you to terminate the baby…he knew the consequences of y’all actions

1 Like

My husband is an addict good luck

This lady went out of the way to ask & get help and all y’all with bad comments are horrible people! This is 1 of the places where women vent because they have no one or it’s hard to talk about it in person. Next time y’all bash someone, think of that! Because she is going through hell right now & she is reading everything! This is bullying PERIOD! Inconsiderate jerks!

Rip the bandage, no point of stressing yourself out more! I’m sorry for your situation & also point it out to him that it was both y’all’s doing & it’s his decision if he wants to be apart of it. You don’t necessarily want to force him in the situation either. Good luck!!

6 Likes

It takes two ppl to make a baby and just blaming her is ridicules and dumb not all birth control options work you could be safe as and still get pregnant so yes you need to just tell him your pregnant and deal with his reaction and the outcome but wish you the best of luck

2 Likes

Wow, if you are reading this i am soo sorry that we as women can’t be more supportive to each other. I am sorry you are in this situation and I am disgusted at a few of the comments blaming you for getting pregnant. Unreal. It takes two to tango. Good luck… I hope everything works out for you and it is not your fault. :heart: also, babies are blessings so even if things get rough, you will have that beautiful baby to hold!

10 Likes

I agree 1000% that you should not be with a man that wants you to terminate if that’s something you’re against but you should give him the opportunity to mess up before assuming he will also if you’re worried just hand him a very clear test so he knows it’s for real

1 Like

Jeez these women are mean. Obviously he didnt care enough to wrap it with a condom. Jesus. I say since he doesnt want one tell him that’s that okay and that you do. So youre keeping it. And he doesn’t have to parent with you. I’d let him know that the relationship is over.

2 Likes

For Christmas get your partner a baby’s first onsie and whatever holiday the baby is due around

Tell him and prepare for the fact you may become a single mom. It is not as bad or scary as it seems, you just need to establish the 1st steps. Also sounds like he has some serious working on him to do atm.

Rip the band aid off and just tell him. It will be a lot of emotions all at once but in the end it will work out how its supposed to.

The comments in here go from kind and supportive to absolutely terrible. Please don’t take everything on the Internet to heart. I’m sure most of the people passing judgment here don’t have happiness of their own.

Speak your truth.
Follow your intuition.

8 Likes

I would just say “Remember how we talked about planning for another baby? Well God had other plans…”

2 Likes

Know that the Addict’s brain takes two cure to get back to normal after sobriety. It’s too late now but recovering from addiction has to be a selfish time in order for recovery be focused on. That in mind, be honest and explain that you have nine months to get used to the idea and by that time he might be far enough into leading a sober life that we will feel as much joy as you. Be honest today. Be honest tomorrow and the next day. Don’t try to guess what will happen.just keep making healthy honest decisions

6 Likes

Hey pregnancy can’t just be one sided. If he didn’t want to have a baby he shouldn’t have done his part. Just saying. Takes two to tango🤷🏽‍♀️

3 Likes

Takes 2 to make a baby. If he wasn’t ready he could’ve made sure there was protection. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Tell him flat out, hey remember when you nutted in me, we’ll take responsibility bucko.

1 Like

Hunny some of these women do not have shit and they are so bitter do not listen to the negativity. Its usually the ones without a pot to piss in who have bad shit to say, I got pregnant with 3 of my 4 children while on birth control and 1 of them the condom broke so that was ultimately the ordeal. If he wants to leace or acts out consider the well being of you and the kids. You do not want something happening to them or them being taken away because of hos actions, children are not replaceable and as women bringing them into the world we are the ones they count on. Men have a role but you cannot force it. Too many kids being killed. You can do it do not doubt yourself.

5 Likes

To the individuals who are telling this women to leave him… geez :roll_eyes: can we maybe try not to break up a home before this even gets time to allow both parents to process this news. :woman_facepalming:
Because he’s an addict I think he understands right now his life is a bit messy and probably lots of financial uncertainty so I’m sure he probably will have concerns about the future and providing for another life. That’s a genuine and reasonable response and an honest one in the moment to not wanting that responsibility at this juncture of his life. However, babies can also be a force for good change and reasons to get affairs in order.
There’s lots of imperfect parents in this thread and we all navigate parenthood with one foot in front of the other and hope we are doing it our best with or without someone. My advice is don’t make any snap decisions in the state of your relationship based on an emotional action in the moment.

5 Likes

It takes two. So he really can’t be THAT upset about it.

4 Likes

Well you both are irresponsible.

7 Likes

What is concerning is “He doesn’t want more, but I do, and now I’m pregnant”. He said he did not want more, is not stable to raise one, and after 2 children, you know how they are created. If this topic was clearly discussed, birth control must have also been discussed. If he very clearly didn’t want more and didn’t wear a condom, it definitely sounds like he thought you were handling birth control as his partner, trusting that. If he is struggling to get himself healthy, and there are already 2 children with instability with an addict trying to get sober, does he have a supportive partner? Your not unhappy about it because what you wanted and worried how he will be for you & how you feel, but is there any concern for his well-being, for the 2 kids already in this position and for this new baby stuck coming in life with a struggling addict and unstable family?

32 Likes

The situation seems very stressful. Unfortunately given the situation you’ll have to go with alot of self support while he focuses on staying sober and getting a job. Expectations can’t be too high with him right now or it will be alot of disappointment. I hope he comes around when he is more stable.

2 Likes

Wow first of all fuck all these bitches. I am so disgusted about the pregnant blame bullshit. It takes two. And frankly if he can’t suck it up he isnt a man to begin with especially when you already ha e kids it will be awesome1 for your one year old even though it will be stressful af for you. And in the end if he decides he isnt happy GUESS WHAT you can’t change thst shit if he wants to be unhappy remind him he is an adult that is choosing to be unhappy. Period.

6 Likes

I see alot of rude ass comments to the girl she didn’t get pregnant by her self and she is struggling just as much as he being an addict affects everyone not just the addict she is not responsible for his happiness or sobriety he has to want to be clean and he has to learn how to deal with life with out turning to drugs and that’s not something she can do for him. this girl is asking for advice and if you can’t be encourageing and supportive then keep it moving stop judging her she didn’t ask for that and NO ONE IS PERFECT so until you are no nasty rude comments are needed…to the girl asking advice you should tell him its not fair to keep it a secret from him it will make things worse so I encourage you to tell him like someone else said maybe have his sponser over and tell him while he’s there so he can vent I would just sit down and try talking to him see what happens don’t feel bad about expecting its ok to be happy about it he is going to feel a way about it but don’t let it take away from your happiness and don’t drain yourself worrying about how he’ll react because he has to lean to cope without the drugs and there’s only so much you can do to help his recovery he has to put in the work to if he really wants it good luck love I know it’s not the best advice but I hope it helped congratulations! Side note : never mind the ass hats on here blaming you or telling you you need to be better it takes two to make baby and you shouldn’t feel responsible or bad at yourself because he could have wore a condom or something hope it all works out for you darlin

6 Likes

He told you that he didn’t want more children in the first place. No it wasn’t your fault that you got pregnant. But you shouldn’t expect him to be happy just tell him. You sound selfish as hell.

27 Likes

Ripoff the band aid and go from there. Better now than later. And it’s not like you got pregnant all on your own. I’m sure it’s not going to be easy but it’s the best way imo. :heart::heart:

1 Like

This almost sounds like an accidently on purpose situation.

11 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:t3: went through this with my second. I was over the moon, hubby was not. Throughout the whole pregnancy I did everything myself, doctor’s, taking care of our oldest, worked overtime, didn’t share anything with him cuz any time I would bring something up he would be happy and then move on like nothing happened. Completely different than with our first. A lot of crying alone in bed :woman_shrugging:t3: the night I started my contractions he was out getting drunk with his buddy. I went through it alone and I have a much stronger bond with my second. He will come around eventually, but don’t hold your breath on it sweetie

6 Likes

Put the news in a card for Christmas for someone who you know will be happy and. Supportive of you. Tell him the card would have been for him but you needed to share your good news with someone who would be happy and supportive.

5 Likes

Please don’t I would go ahead and tell him.He will accept it or he want.If he don’t want it then he may have to leave.Dont get rid of the baby.

1 Like

I despise this entire post. But just tell him. You all both were bold enough to have unprotected sex now you both need to be bold enough to deal with the consequences.

11 Likes

At first my sleep-deprived brain wondered why you would be telling your sheriff’s office about your baby. That said, whatever you do, I pray the happy news will be well-received. “Children are an heritage of the Lord.” By the way, congratulations

1 Like

What i will say is you gave the opportunity to drop the news delicately and keep the grace and love on your side. You can explain it was not on purpose which frankly he probably already knows. He has a right to be upset initially I personally hate being pregnant and don’t find myself happy if I am so I honestly get that. But you guys have been together for a while it sounds like and so you should be able to discuss. The other thing I will say is as a recovering addict myself dont try and stop whatever spiral will happen. Do not enable. Do not believe x y or z just because you really really want to. Be upfront. Be pushy about your own boundaries and be on watch for behavior. No problem letting him know that either. Drugs and alcohol are pretty much out of the question and it has to be handled in a "tough but understanding " manner

4 Likes

Some of these comments are just awful!
We have 3 kids, and when our 3rd was born my husband said he didn’t want anymore. Only because we weren’t at a financially stable point at that time. We simply couldn’t afford one more person.
I was on birth control, we were being safe and using protection on top of my birth control. And I still got pregnant. I felt the exact same way you do, because I knew how he would react, because we weren’t stable. And he reacted the same when I told him I think I’m pregnant, he said “omg what are we going to do?”
And I ended up having a miscarriage. I have a lot of issues with my body, I’ve been battling cervical and uterine cancer for almost 15 years. I’ve had a lot of miscarriages. But that doesn’t make any of them easier than the last.
While he was stressed out about “what are we going to do”… he was also accepting, because he knew it took both of us, he knew we both took precautions, and shit happens. He was ready to do whatever we had to do to make it work, even though he was 100% maxed out on stress.
To all these birches talking shit… it takes two. You didn’t get yourself pregnant. And the fact that you’re scared of his reaction, knowing he doesn’t want more kids, shows that you didn’t plan this pregnancy!! Shit happens!
And it will get better mama! I eventually had a tubal, because of all the complications (and I wish I could just have a full hysterectomy to get rid of all the issues!) And now he keeps talking about how he might have liked having another…
You have to tell him, you shouldn’t keep secrets. If he doesn’t like it, if he flat out disagrees, then leave, because it isn’t meant to be. He should know it takes two, and it’s his fault too.

2 Likes

Well, I mean if either of you weren’t ready then you both should of used precautions not to get pregnant…so now you are so he is just as responsible :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I had a year old and got pregnant.It all work out

It’s not like you slipped and fell on him and impregnated yourself.

If he didn’t want another baby he should have taken the appropriate measures to make sure another baby doesn’t happen.

Tell him straight up!
I would also say while telling him that abortion isn’t an option so don’t even mention it.

He has two options.
1 - step up on the issue he helps create and be a grown up because of the grown up choices he decided to make. Go to counselling and work on it together like a team.
2 - end the relationship

Also congratulations on your future tiny human :two_hearts::rainbow:

1 Like

Just tell him and brace yourself for the fallout. This is why I asked for a tubal ligation, to which my doctor laughed at as she told me no. Didn’t have anymore babies though, and won’t.

Just be an adult and straight out tell him, you know he’ll be upset and isn’t mentally prepared for another child so you can’t hold that against him. It may turn out ok but be prepared for a negative outcome just in case. Just because you’re happy doesn’t not mean he can’t be stressed over it, I can imagine another child being stressful for a couple in this situation. Good luck and just be honest.

2 Likes

My fiance wasnt happy either times he was going to be a dad but he warmed up to it. It took like 5 months before he was happy

Well… He knew having sex results in potential babies. You obviously cannot hide it. So id tell him and get it over with. But… He starts using again… He’d be hqving bags packed. 3 kids is hard ebough

Condoms break too guys :woman_facepalming:t3: the amount of people saying ‘well he should’ve wrapped it’.
Of course he’s not gonna be happy or supportive but you still need to tell him. He’ll either accept it or your doing it on your own, literally the only two options you have

3 Likes

So you knew he wasn’t ready but took no precautionary measures to avoid pregnancy and being in this type of dilemma? You’re BOTH irresponsible. This is simple sexual
Ed we all learn in school. Either stay abstinent, or protect yourself with birth control AND condoms, to avoid pregnancy. Instead of letting him raw dog you and bust inside knowing you’re not on any type of BC. And you have a 1 year old??? Chances of getting pregnant again within the first year after childbirth are extremely high. Sounds to me you knew exactly wtf you were doing. But so did he. Stop procreating.
This just sounds stupid.

15 Likes

Dam so many negativity here. Accidents do happen… and since it did just tell him and go from there… Do what’s right for you and your baby and if it goes wrong which I pray it doesn’t just give him some time to come around bc I feel like this could be a good thing for y’all… follow your heart be strong be careful and I wish you luck and many blessings

2 Likes

I “looooove” how some of you women on here are only blaming him lmao. :unamused: y’all are toxic and sexist. It takes 2 to make a baby!!! Like go back to school and learn something like you sound really ignorant

3 Likes

Patience and understanding. You need to understand he might freak out…he may say things in the moment he doesn’t mean out of panic. Give him space to let everything sink in if he needs it. But you just need to adult and be up front about it now.

1 Like

Get your life in order. It seems as if your family is young. Take a breath enjoy what is around you. Focus on in sober life. Just remember its is a family disease. Go to meeting together. Go slow down with the children. Lots of healing and sobriety will go along way.

1 Like

Just tell him I’m assuming have supported him through his hard times been there right by his side so time for him to man up and do the same for u and oh God he got u pregnant so now he has to stand like a man I hope this happens and u have the support from him as u have given

1 Like

If you’re not on birth control and he’s also not doing what he can to prevent…you guys obviously don’t care that much about having another. You made the bed now you have to lay in it. Hopefully he will think before he reacts and you guys can get it together

3 Likes

I agree, she knew exactly what she was doing and hoped he’d change his mind once she told him. I won’t be surprised if there’s another post in a few days “told my bf I was pregnant again and he left or he isn’t sober anymore”

7 Likes

Tell him ASAP speaking from experience with addiction I’m a addict and it is a daily fight to stay clean stress play into it a lot but he needs to know soon so he can get to work on processing this and be supportive of him he needs you and the children without you he will have nothing worth living for

3 Likes

Listen shit happens you guys will make it work either way wether it’s just you or the both of you. You do need to tell him but try and make the conversation as healthy as possible and talk about what he’s doing to maintain his sobriety. Nobody can tell the future you never know what could happen he could relapse or he could do great! Either way you need to stay strong and healthy for your kids. :heart: I hope everything works out for you guys.

6 Likes

Why are people saying “if he leaves it’s your fault he made it very clear” ? That’s b.s. If he didn’t want another kid because nothing is 100% they shouldn’t have had sex. He has just as much responsibility as the mom and she doesn’t get to walk away from the baby and kids I don’t think it’s right of him to either regardless they both laid down and made that baby they are both responsible. Let him process the info but remind him gently that it takes 2 people to make the child. All children are a blessing regardless of timing and the timing is never perfect but it’s in gods hands just trust in everything happens for a reason

1 Like

Prepare to raise the child alone and go about your life

2 Likes

Honestly I think some of these comments are just flat out rude and accidents happen and you can do everything right an still get pregnant and why people are just pointing the finger at her is beyond B’s even if they had sex with out using any sort of protection he is the male he knows when he is about to bust his load she don’t. Some of you act like she set him up an that is fucking bs , she was asking for advice not to be judged by a bunch of rude ass Bitches…just saying

6 Likes

Y’all!! Wtf! Be nice!

Having a baby is stressful and although you feel like he’s not being supportive it doesn’t sound like you’re being supportive either. An addict in recovery is something that is VERY stressful. You might need to take a break from the relationship so you aren’t having any added stress from being with a partner who isn’t ready for another baby right now. Don’t hold it against him please let him put his recovery first especially since you guys had a conversation on not having a baby anytime soon.

7 Likes

I really can’t believe some of these comments I’m reading🤦🏽‍♀️ “She should have considered his feelings” “she knew he wasn’t ready” “she should have prevented this” The last time I checked it takes TWO people to make a baby. Yes, she could have been on birth control but HE doesn’t want another child so HE should have been the one taking the necessary precautions to prevent that from happening. Not once did she say she was trying to get pregnant, it happened, obviously neither of them were practicing safe sex. But do not get on here and place all the blame on her. Y’all are truly pathetic.

12 Likes

Well not to come down on you but… there are ways to prevent these things from happening. But what’s done is done so just face up to him be honest and tell him. Sooner the better. Just understand that if he’s upset he has everyrigt to be. Children are not play things. They are a HUGE COMMITMENT, and he was not ready for it yet. Apologize and just hope he will understand. Good luck.

Maybe tell him when your 4 months pregnant then tell him let him improve himself over time if nothing improve after that then it’s your call if he decides to leave then let him go

Honestly, expecting a guy going through recovery and who is unemployed to be happy over a pregnancy is selfish af.

10 Likes

First of all…CONGRATS on the new precious gift that many never get to experience! You’re being given a wonderful human to love until your last breath. If everyone waited until “the right time” most people would never have children.
Tell him asap. I wish I knew him so I could tell you the best way to deliver the news. That will be for you to figure out based on how you know him. But when you do, I would do it in a way that let’s him know, in a non-confrontational way, that you’re absolutely in love already and can’t wait to meet this precious life and how lucky you both are that your union of love has created a life to love forever. The best motivation for you both to keep moving ahead with healing and becoming the best versions of yourselves for him or her.

1 Like

Well… who cares if he isn’t ready? It’s not about him, it’s about the baby.

Being newly clean, jobless and trying to get his life back together this happening could be the thing that pushes him back to using sadly. Because the level of stress. Adding a new baby into this scenario is absolutely insane for anyone dealing with what he is already right now. While I agree you definitely didn’t make the baby alone and half of this responsibility is absolutely on him, unless he was under the impression you were on the pill or something? Id honestly be more worried about the stress being so bad once he knows that he gets pushed back into using. Which I really hope doesn’t happen. So he definitely needs to know like yesterday. I hope y’all can get through this you may need to come to terms with the worst case scenario happening here to prepare yourself. It’s irresponsibility on both parts. You can’t continuously say “you don’t want kids and aren’t ready for anymore “ while have raw unprotected sex. All that says to me is I’m not trying but I’m also NOT trying to not get pregnant . Tell him ASAP and good luck to you both.

4 Likes

Wow. So sad. Trying not to judge, but why would you do that to him or that baby? Preventative birth control!
Yes, I’m judging. :cry: lose, lose situation now.

8 Likes

Well if both of you weren’t ready then precaution should have been taken. It takes two . You had to know you’d get these types of answers.

3 Likes

Okay, some of you women commenting sound ridiculous. If her man didn’t want a baby, then he’s not just going to finish in her without either using a condom or hey being on birth control. So most likely, no one is to blame in this situation. When you have sex, you should know that not one contraceptive is 100% effective. If she’s pregnant and doesn’t want or believe in abortion, then she’s pregnant. And like she said in the last line, either he needs to suck it up and be a dad or they won’t continue their relationship. She’s pregnant, and scared. Even though she’s excited because she wanted a child (she has the right to be) she’s still scared and seeking advice.

To whoever wrote this post, you need to just be honest with him now and rip off the bandaid because there’s no way you can get out of telling him or make it easier. Give him time to accept the situation and decide what he wants to do. All you can do now is be there for your children and try to be there for him as much as you can be.

4 Likes

Should have taken better precautions, and if he is trying to recover this may just push him back into being an addict. So I think if you can’t look at this from his perspective as well, and consider his side since it took the two of you to make this baby, then you best get prepared to raise this baby alone.

2 Likes

You are a powerful, independent woman that can make her own choices in life. If your man can’t support want you want in life then maybe, if talking fails, you don’t need him. I know you’ll be an amazing mom with or without him.

1 Like

I am going to say this pray about it i want judge because i was on 2 birth control and ended up with baby #2 he turned 6 recently it was during a rough patch in my marriage that we patched things up and kept the baby so go into a secret closet and pray

1 Like

Why are you all assuming they didn’t use birth control? They could of been using condoms and the pill and this still happened.
You risk pregnancy any time you have sex.

3 Likes

Protection was supposed to be a number one priority to him.i dnt understand him now

2 Likes

Truth needs telling and asap.
Tell him with joy in your heart.
You both made this lil life and that lil life is depending on both parents to thrive.
If one isn’t willing to give 100% then you’ll either have your answer or a decision to make as to whether or not he’ll be whom you need him to be.
No doubt this is scary but he needs to know so he can decide what his direction in life needs to be. Living his own…or making the absolute best one possible with you and ALL the kiddos.
Prayers for you :place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship::place_of_worship:

3 Likes

I can understand you not wanting an abortion cos I wouldnt either but why get pregnant at this time?Hes a recovering addict,trying to get back to work and has already told you he doesnt want a baby.Well surprise surprise you do and your pregnant and want to be happy. Is it always all about you?So if he cant handle this and walks you only have yourself to blame and there you are raising 3 children all alone.

8 Likes

It’s best to just be honest and upfront.
Unfortunately, at this point in time, I wouldn’t expect him to be happy about it and that’s valid. He’s allowed to feel how he does. You’re also allowed to feel the way you do.
There is a chance he will come to resent you, but hopefully not.

Congratulations, I wish you the best.

Wow I hope this new added stress doesn’t cause him to relapse as stress usually does. Addiction is a daily battle and he is jobless right now too… The best I can tell you is to just be up front with him. Be realistic and prepare yourself for a negative reaction. He was clear that he didn’t want anymore kids you should have taken him seriously. All these people stating he could have wore a condom you are right but get real people! We are grown ass women, we are ultimately the ones who have to be responsible for our own reproductive health. Is it a pain in the ass? Is it unfair? Yes but life isn’t fair and you do what you gotta do.

2 Likes

Both to blame you knew he didn’t want more and he obv knew he didn’t :roll_eyes: now a innocent baby being brought into your lives ‘ unwanted ‘ grow up and tell him