How can I wean my daughter from breastfeeding at night?

At three months old, it would be better if you continue breastfeeding. Put small crib next to your bed and let her sleep there.

I put some no nail bite stuff on and she didnā€™t want anything to do with it anymore!!

Give the pacifier if you think she is full yet wants your breast for comfort

get a cosleeper-attaches to your bed with no fear of rolling over on them https://www.amazon.com/Bassinet-Bedside-Sleeper-Portable-KoolaBaby/dp/B082XLTDJN/ref=asc_df_B082XLTDJN?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80608042469931&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584207584547675&psc=1

4 Likes

I would consult La Leche League. They probably have a page on here. Most had local groups. This advice is all over the place and probably making you feel worse.

1 Like

Give her a pacifier. Sheā€™s probably cutting teeth

Eat real healthy and a lot of calories. That may help with her wanting to eat all night

1 Like

Speak to the MD as she may need more supplement to fill her up.

1 Like

Oh please stop who ever told u to do was not right .they tell u not to do that because they gets ear ache when u do it laying it runs in their ears .plus u do not want to roll on your baby.u need to sit up and hold them .the y need to be in that holding position so they wonā€™t joke .plus they beech easier and donā€™t get gas the same go for.the bottle in run in their ears and they joke and get gas.plus I are miss sing the bond of a mother and baby as you hold them and their little hand on one of your fingers .talk to
Them.look at each otherā€™s Reyes they learn to smile soon good luck

Pump and give her a :baby_bottle: at night

Give her cereal at night and once asleep put her in her own bed! The cereal holds longer so sheā€™ll sleep longer!

4 Likes

A water feed. Maybe shes thirsty.

She might need a pacifier

Keep her awake as much as you can while she feeds so she doesnā€™t get used to sleep feeding. šŸ¤· switch to a pacifier onces she is done eating and just comfort nursing.

Start substituting a pacifier once sheā€™s been fed. It will take some patience, but she will eventually accept it. Getting her to sleep alone will be a little harder.

3 months is so young why do you want to wean her already ?

1 Like

Have you tried giving her a pacifier

A bottle with good formula. Carnation makes a formula in different steps.

Do you know what is in that breast milk? Itā€™s great stuff, nurse her as long as possible.

After nursing try putting a pacifier in her mouth till she falls asleep

She will stop when sheā€™s ready.

Bethanie Humber . Suggestions?

Stick your nipples in mustard

She needs to be in a crib not beside you at night. Sheā€™s too young. Pump and bottle feed

Calming bath. Feed. Wind. Wrap. Thenā€¦ In her own bed. Soothing tunes. The routine will become hers before you know it.

Do what works best for you! Mamma.#whatever it takes lovenlyšŸ¤“

Does every female on this page hate babies?! For Christ Sake, let them be little!

Offer more feeds before bed, bring bubs wind up and swaddle her up good. A cosleeper/bassinet is always good if you donā€™t want to bed share :blush: all the best to you

1 Like

My babyā€™s ate grown now. Iā€™ll just tell ya about my youngest, who is 28 now. I nursed him for 17 months. Yes, sometimes I did bring him to bed with me at night too. My husband was always afraid weā€™d/heā€™d roll on top of him. So Iā€™d put up a barrier between me, baby and him with pillows. We had way to many on the bed. When I had my son with me. I was a very light sleeper. I always knew when he was finished, burp and switch sides and burp after finishing. Sometimes, I would keep him with me for awhile longer and weā€™d snuggle some. Mostly, Iā€™d bring him back to his crib.

You, need to do what is best for you, your husband and baby. Are you a very deep sleeper? What about with baby? What about your husband? Do you move around a lot in your sleep?

And why would you want to wind her from breastfeeding? thatā€™s the healthier feeding for children :child: in general, Even if itā€™s making ur husband deprives, it just needs to be completed,

Ok she is 3 months old. This is not the end of the world or something that has gone on a long time. But if you donā€™t want to do it then you stop. Probably going to be hell for a couple nights. I happily slept with the last 2 attached to me at night because I never got any sleep with the first two. I never rolled on a baby. We just cuddle up and wake up the same way we went to sleep.