How common are miscarriages?

I’m a first-time mom, and I found out I was pregnant a couple of days ago, my cousin has had two miscarriages within the past year, and it has me a little anxious about mine. I’m about 5/6 weeks. I haven’t gotten checked yet, but thats what the app says. I learned the safe zone was 12 weeks, but I can’t stop thinking about what if. Also, I’m really excited, but a small part of me is wondering what if I don’t end up being a good mom (my family is really toxic, and my mom wasn’t exactly the best). I just want the best for my baby…

I don’t think there is really ever a “safe zone” all pregnancies are different and they can be unpredictable. 12 weeks is when the placenta takes over vs. your baby depending on your hormones to keep it in place. If you have no health issues I would just try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

Also…as far as being a good mom and having a toxic family…I grew up in a very Dysfunctional family. Once I became a mom I promised myself I would never put my child in that type of situation. And I never did.

Becoming a parent changes you and you’ll be surprised at how fiercely you love and protect your child in every aspect of its life.