How common are miscarriages?

I’ve had 2 miscarriages. 5 children. Try not to stress about it. I didn’t tell anyone I was pregnant with my son until I was well past 12 weeks.

Very common. Some women have them so early and don’t even know. Unfortunately.

1 Like

Miscarriages are 1 in 4. But more then likely higher bc a lot of miscarriages happen before you even know your pregnant. Don’t stress yourself out about it. There is nothing you can do if that’s what’s going to happen. So stressing about something that may or may not happen is just putting stress on ur baby. Use ur past as a way to change ur future. Be that mom that you always wanted. You already are aware of ur family history and don’t want to repeat it… that’s the first step in being the best mommy you can be. Good luck to you.

2 Likes

Try not to worry. Stress can cause miscarriages. Just make sure you’re eating right and staying healthy. I’m sure baby will be fine :blush:

The fact that you’re asking and caring so much shows what a good mom you will be! Try so hard to relax and see your OB :kiss:

3 Likes

Just breathe. Try not to worry.
I have had 3 boys. 4, 2, and 2 weeks. No major issues with any of them. But I had that fear every time. I just focused all my thoughts on the excitement, and then positive. You should see an OBGYN around 8 weeks, that will ease your mind a little. :blue_heart:

Sadly miscarriages are fairly common and there’s nothing that can be done to prevent it however that being said it’s not always likely that someone will experience one I personally experienced a miscarriage after 12 weeks but I was also pregnant with triplets and my body couldn’t handle it so I lost two of my babies

I had a miscarriage last year. I lost my baby at 6 weeks, due to tons of stress and my ex bf was physically abusive.

Just because your cousin had a miscarriage, doesn’t mean you will. Don’t stress about it and you will be okay​:slightly_smiling_face::heart:

1 Like

Every 1/4 women have one. I’ve had 2 and my mom had 2 and my aunt had some too.

While miscarriages are common, they aren’t common for everyone if that makes sense. It’s normal to worry though. I’ve had 3 pregnancies and never had a miscarriage (that I know of; chemical pregnancy is common and anyone can have one and not know it). Once you hear the heartbeat chances drop but it can happen anytime. Just don’t stress about it unless you have a good reason to believe you could end up having one.

1 Like

I’m an adoptive mom. Lots of worry too. Lots of what ifs. Plan but don’t buy. Tell no one so there are no questions. Enjoy
You will do your best. You already know what not to do. Good touch and lots of love. Know no one is perfect. Do your best

2 Likes

Ive had 2…but i also have 4 healthy happy kids.idk how common they are but not enouph so to assume you are prone because of others.its very common to be fearful in the 1st trimester.

The fact that you are worried about being a good mom means you already are one!!

4 Likes

Sadly 1 in 4 end up in miscarriage. But you shouldn’t stress yourself about it & you have already proved your a good mum being so concerned xx all the best xx

The fact that you’re that concerned about being a good mom and aware of the family flaws youve observed is an excellent indicator that you are going to try very hard to be a good mom and that’s all anyone could ask for.

1 Like

1 in 4 pregnancies end in a miscarriage.
I’ve had 4 pregnancies. 1 ended in a late miscarriage @ 16wks 4d. I dont believe there is a “safe zone”.

Ive had a total of 10 miscarriages.

really should make an appointment to begin prenatal care so you can get vitamins and get checked out. they’ll tell you for sure how far along you are and provide your due date. its important for you and baby to start getting that care so you can minimize any issues that may come up later .

I don’t know the exact number but years ago when I was pregnant my gyno had a sheet I filled out when I was pregnant and it asked what questions I had. One I asked was how common are miscarriages and my doctor told me they are common. I think everyone worries about them at least a little. But if it happens it happens, unfortunately not much you can do about it. Just try to think positively because worrying wont help.

2 Likes

if you want what is best for your baby, if you truly are pregnant, then that is what you will do,

I’ve had eight miscarriages, one live birth, and currently pregnant.

My mom miscarried her first baby. I had two older sisters that never had any problems, but I miscarried my first … after years of trying to conceive. After the miscarriage, the Dr did a biopsy, and determined I was lacking progesterone, which is what helps the baby “stay put” in the womb. He said I had probably had several miscarriages, due to my history of very heavy and irregular periods, and just didn’t realize it. I had to take pregnancy tests every month, and as soon as I had a positive result, I had to go see my Dr and start taking progesterone shots. I now have 2 grown sons.

I would say to you that if you have concerns, talk with your Dr … get checked as soon as you can, and talk to him about all of your concerns. There might be nothing to worry about … but talking with him will certainly help ease your fears.

1 Like

It’s up to you to make the change. If you were raised in a toxic family. Make your family is not raised that way but way better. You got this !!

2 Likes

1 in 4 women so very common

1 Like

If you already worried about the health and safety of that baby, even if the worry is about you maybe not being good enough, then you already have the heart and mindset of a WONDERFUL mother and your child is lucky that you were picked to be his mom :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

The 1st 12 weeks of pregnancy are the most common for miscarriage but in actuality something can happen anytime during pregnancy. Just take care of yourself. If you have questions or concerns reach out to your doctor that’s what they are paid for! Always be safe rather than sorry! Good luck!

1 Like

You can learn a lot from your family. How you want to be or how you don’t want to be. You choose. Prayers on a safe and healthy pregnancy.

Worrying will only make it more likely. Relax… Meditate. Do whatever you need to to calm down. And having toxic family doesn’t mean you’ll be toxic yourself. But it’s never too late to get therapy to help guide yourself in the right direction just in case.

1 Like

I’ve had 2 miscarriages Its truly scary when you are in the waiting period. I have 2 n
Boys here on earth and the first 12 weeks had me worried the whole time. Stay positive :heart: baby dust to you

Superrr super common but usually in the first few weeks

I had 3 kids, then I had 2 miscarriages within 6 months of each other

Dont stress out first and foremost. Get yourself in to see an ob/gyn. Once you feel less nervous. Decide if cutting ties with certain family members is best. I cant tell you what to do but in my experience with a toxic mom, i had to do just that and my child is better bc of it.
In the end youll know what to do for your baby. Good luck.

1 Like

The safe zone is after 21 weeks

There is no safe zone in pregnancy… However its said 1 in 4 women will suffer a loss💔 I’ve had 2 healthy pregnancy, 2 loses and now pregnant with twins.
There is no way of knowing what way a pregnancy will go, all you can do is look after yourself and how for the best

Good luck on your journey :heart:

You will be an amazing mother because of the family you have. You will try and do everything in your power to make your child feel loved and cared for. I know because you’re worried about it. Also, there is no perfect mother. Just do your best.

The first 12 weeks are so scary! Try not to worry about it and just love that child. Take care of your body and take your prenatal. Maybe buy some books to read up on pregnancy and the child growing inside of you to pass the time.

My first pregnancy was a miscarriage in 2015. In 2017 I found out i was pregnant again and my son is almost 3. I had another miscarriage 2 months ago.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How common are miscarriages? - Mamas Uncut

You can be the one to break the family history.
My husband’s parent were alcoholics (actually depressed and self medicating with alcohol).
My husband got mental health help, and has never followed his family’s history

Put God first bind up miscarriage in the mighty name of jesus christ of Nazareth mother love baby love all is going to b well just eat right rest at night keep active read alot of inspirational books to keep ur mine at ease talk to God about the things ur not sure about we r all his children he never leaves nor forsake us keep the faith babygirl I will keep u in my prayers…my mom was diabetic my big sister is my little sister have blood pressure n I denounce it from myself I don’t need any baggage just read ur bible n talk to God he will carry u… through…prayer works just relax and watch God work …manners n respect nuff love u will have a healthy baby in jesus name

5 Likes

I have 4 children and I come from a very large and toxic family. I parented my children very differently from the way I was raised. You will be just fine…remember just because they are your family doesn’t mean that you are obligated to put up with their toxic ways. Always put your children first and above the toxic traits and you will be a successful parent.

1 Like

Don’t worry about things like that you will be as good as a mom as you put the effort into

Be who YOU wanted your Mother to be for you. Be a Mamma.

I didn’t have the greatest mom but I learned what NOT to do. I also had the most beautiful MOTHER-IN-LAW who never missed the chance to build me up and tell me many many times What a really good mom I am. She is gone now and I miss her so much. But as others said… since you are stressing about motherhood, It already is showing that you will be fine. You maybe didn’t have a good example to learn from but you can still learn from how your mom was and you can do better. You go girl!!! You got this! You just do your best out of love for that baby, and If you need help just go somewhere or to somebody you can trust.

Having these concern now tells me that you are going to be an AMAZING mom! Relax! Eat well! Take prenatal vitamins! I wish you all the best!

1 Like

That fact you are concerned and said what you just did speaks volumes to me. Just so you know. One day at a time Hun. You sound like you are well grounded and thank you for sharing this very lovely and personal chapter in your life.

1 Like

you need to relax. the stress isnt good for you. you will do great

Make sure you give him the best. You can regardless of family!!!

Eat well. Stay away from alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, etc. Walk and enjoy the sunshine. Spend time with people who are good for you.

Wanting to be a good Mom is a wonderful start. Your Mom is your Mom, she may surprise you. Your toxic family, you’ll figure that out.
Best Wishes​:two_hearts::two_hearts:

Sweetheart, you’re overthinking everything. I’m sure everything will be fine, and the fact that you’re worried about being a good mom shows me that you will be.

If you just want what’s best for your baby then you will be a great mum. So normal to have these feelings.

Don’t worry your be perfect as a Mom

You will be fine when you see that beautiful face! Don’t worry till you have something to worry about. Prayers and just enjoy

You’re ok. Enjoy being pregnant. You can’t live on what if’s. Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Don’t be too anxious, it’s not good for you or the baby! Breathe

1 Like

You don’t have to be a perfect mom, just a good mom will do.

I miscarried with my first pregnancy, then had two healthy babies after that. If your family is toxic, then limit your visits with them. You’re aware of your family’s issues, and the effect it could have on your child already shows you’ll be a caring and vigilant mom. If you want a child, go for it. And relax!!

2 Likes

Stop stressing over what might happen and focus on your and your baby’s health. (Stress does no one any good). Every woman has a different experience with their pregnancy, and you can/will be a good mom because you want to be. Just look forward to your blessings.

The first thing you do and it’s not is to AVOID STRESS. Also the first trimester is when the babies brain is form make sure you eat alot of vegetables, fruits and good protein. Your life will forever change forever.
Read read asmuch as possible, a not the internet you can of course download books.
I was a very young mother and read everything about having a baby from A-Z.
Trust in God for everything.
I’ll be praying for you stay in touch.

1 Like

Every one is different. Go to doctor and discuss with him.

We are all nervous with our first pregnancy, just be the best you can be with your baby, and being aware of what has happened around you, will allow you to make the changes you need to do it’s not repeated. Just keep the faith​:pray::heart::pray:

1 Like

I had 2 miscarriages over a period of 8 years with no other pregnancies. I refused to go through that again.

Go get a check up - now. Vitamins, etc. ONE CAN DIVORCE ones family if toxic. I DID. You cannot have a healthy conversation with toxic people. LIVE YOUR life.

Set up your first Dr appointment and go from there. I had a miscarriage my first pregnancy but then went on to have 3 healthy pregnancies, also some woman do have issues carrying a baby but they have health related issues. If your healthy good chance you will be fine. I have a friend who keels having miscarriages but I believe she has PCOS which makes it so much harder to have a baby. I wouldn’t stress just stay calm and see when you can get in to see your dr.

1 in 4 pregnancy ends in miscarriage. I’ve had 2 miscarriages and 3 healthy babies. Unfortunately you have to have 3 miscarriages before the doctors will run test to figure out why and label you high risk. Try not to stress about it.

Miscarriages can happen at anytime. Not just at the beginning of pregnancy. Some will miscarry while others do not. Sad facts but it’s the truth.

Don’t stress about a miscarriage it is just a sign that the baby was not completely formed and something was wrong. And I tell everyone that they should take parenting classes. You need classes and a license for everything else I think for something this important you should at least invest in parenting classes. Me and my husband did and I am so happy we did. And also got help along the way. So you can alway be assured you are a good mom. Make sure you get prenatal care that will help you also.

I was told 3/4 pregnancies were miscarried back in the back before instant knowledge. Just thought period was late.

Try not to think about that. I lost many , never gave up . I have a 29 year old son.

I always thought the safe zone was 16 weeks??? Just take it easy and dont do anything strenuous at all no lifting no stress!!! Doctors cant tell anything at 6 weeks its the size of a dime google what size is the fetus at 6 weeks it might say the size of an apple seed

no drinking, smoking, no junk foods. Drink lots of water, take prenatal vitamins with no dyes in them. Rest. You will be fine.

All I can say and I know that it’s hard to don’t let the stress overcome you see a doctor find something that you’re interested on and try to get like a support group because they really do help good luck and I will have you in my prayers

don’t worry about something that hasn’t happened. go see your dr

U have the power to change the toxic cycle

As long as you feel that way,you’ll make it.

You need to be taking vitamins.

It’s time to go to the doctor Don’t wait You need to start your prenatal care now

Do the opposite of mom and those around you.enjoy .worrying about everything can cause undo stress which can cause miscarriage

“I just want what’s best for my baby” says woman who hasn’t had a prenatal check up and is using an app for medical statistics…

Go to your doctor. FB is not a free medical clinic!!

2 Likes

I have 4 kids and lost 2. Make an appointment and go prepared with a list of your concerns and questions. Don’t 100%rely on other people or what you can find on the internet. The website babycenter.com is a great tool for your phone you get cute updates and medical information. This site was recommended by my midwife. Make sure your comfortable w the provider you choose and congratulations

Don’t stress about it. Stress can cause a miscarriage. Just be as happy and healthy as you can.

I think the majority of us have had one.

Try not to think things like that because you don’t need that stress also 12 weeks is not the safe zone once you have your 20 week scan which is the most important scan that confirms any abnormalities with the baby. Once you get too 28 weeks that’s known as the safe zone ie if you gave birth at 28 weeks there’s a high chance the baby would be OK may need help with breathing due to lungs being small but most the time able to grow and be all good. When I was pregnant with my little girl I was scared dur to the fact that the pregnancy before that I had to have a medical termination, but that didn’t stop me enjoying my second pregnancy. Hope all goes well with the baby and you can keep relaxed and chilled throughout x

You choose to step away from the toxic life. If it means walking away from those whoare toxic in your life to do what’s best for your baby, then you walk away. Your future does not depend on your past.

I tell you, I really blame early pregnancy test for a lot of women finding out they’re pregnant. It used to be you had to wait until you were six weeks late before you could even go to a doctor. Now you can check if you’re just a few days late. My point is, until these little test came along, how many women may have had a miscarriage within that first six weeks and was not even aware of it? Why is it that now, in this modern age, are there so many miscarriages? I know way too many women who have miscarriages. I just can’t believe that this is a new thing that is happening to so many women these days. How many women may have miscarried before when we couldn’t find out until we were six weeks along? I actually believe that nature was taking its course And these mothers would not even have known that they were pregnant yet had it not been for these tests. So to me it seems like these tests cause a lot more stress than just waiting six weeks and finding out if you are pregnant.

Don’t worry until you have something to worry about

Omg you are asking Facebook

You can’t keep worrying about “what if” you have no control over that. Keep a positive attitude and just be happy. As for being a good mom, babies don’t come with instructions, we use what we grew up with and try to improve on that. Read what you can. you will get lots of advice from people, use you best judgement honey. You will be ok. Good luck. Have Faith.

You don’t have to raise your child the way you were raised. You can improve on your role model. You can discipline with love.

The fact that you are worrying about being a good mom… proves you already are!! Go to the Dr. You will feel better and calmer about the whole situation!! Good luck!!

Don’t worry. You should see your doctor the moment you get a positive test to make sure you’re doing everything thats right for you

Docs can take blood and make sure all is well i had a hormone problem from being on birth control lost the first pregnancy but saved my second i was put on a pill it was all from blood work

The more you stress and worry the more it puts on your body. Just go with the flow. You can’t change it even if it was to happen. Also try to see your dr. Generally it happens early on sometimes before one would even know their pregnant but it is very different for everyone. It all depends on YOUR body and it’s reaction to the pregnancy. Try to maintain good health and relax.

Hi. Try not to worry. I am the typical statistic 1 in 4. I had three children then a miscarriage and after went on to have another healthy pregnancy xxx

Just be happy all will be fine and if you want to be a good mom you will be xx
Just remember it’s hard at times and sometimes it’s best to ask for help if it’s needed xxx all the best to you and your new baby from a grandmother xxx

1 Like

If your concerned about running in the family, everybody is different. Try to relax and take care the stress of worrying could become an issue. They are more common than people realize.

1 Like

The change of a miscarriage after 6 weeks drops to like 5% but I you’re worried planned parenthood and most health departments can get you in fast. As for the toxic parent stuff I worried about the same thing. My mom was horrible and it took a lot of therapy and dealing with my trauma but I do it to be the best mom I can

I had 4 babies with 0 miscarriages, thankfully. Even 2 of them being high risk pregnancies and we were good. Don’t stress.

Its different for everyone hun !! God bless you and your baby !!! Just try to relax and enjoy!!!