How common are miscarriages?

my mom had a miscarriage before me due to inhaling toxins from kitty litter when she was cleaning it (dad wasnt around). and she had a miscarriage after me due to tripping and twisting her body while she fell. it’s not always a natural cause as long as you keep your mental health and pay attention to physical restrictions. i even got a restriction letter for my job and at home my husband carries the laundry basket filled with dirty/clean laundry for me. but everyone’s different.

as for your family situation, use it as a guideline for yourself, if it helps with your anxiety, right down a list of the do’s and don’t’s you plan on applying to raising the kid, there’s no manual (and everyone’s parenting styles are different!) :heart: you’ll be great, just focus on the positives of being pregnant and being a momma :sparkles:

I don’t think there is really ever a “safe zone” all pregnancies are different and they can be unpredictable. 12 weeks is when the placenta takes over vs. your baby depending on your hormones to keep it in place. If you have no health issues I would just try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

Also…as far as being a good mom and having a toxic family…I grew up in a very Dysfunctional family. Once I became a mom I promised myself I would never put my child in that type of situation. And I never did.

Becoming a parent changes you and you’ll be surprised at how fiercely you love and protect your child in every aspect of its life.

Try not to think that way even if you read 1000 good story’s the one story with the bad outcome will stick. You will be fine do not stress yourself out. And as for being a good parent you already want the best for your baby so you already are. Enjoy the process and sleep while you still can :grin: good luck :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Of all the women in the world an average of 20% will get pregnant each month. Of that 20%, 1 in 4 will miscarry.

Miscarriages are very common, however stressing over it would do you no good, if it’s going to happen it’s going to happen, just because your cousin has had them doesn’t mean you will. You could have a child and then have miscarriages and vice versa but worrying whether it will happen will not do you any good. The fact that you acknowledge your mom was not the best mom shows that you know what not to do, everyone worries about whether you will be a good mom or not, if you didn’t you wouldn’t be normal, just shows you want to be the best you can be for your child.

3 Likes

Statistically, between 10 and 15 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage. They can happen for various reasons, but it’s most common in the first trimester. I’ve had 4, and 3 of those were in the first trimester. The further you get into the pregnancy, the less likely you are to miscarry/stillbirth but it can still happen. It’s absolutely normal to have these concerns and be nervous. It’s easier said than done, but try not to stress too much. My fingers are crossed for you! May you have a happy, healthy pregnancy.

There is no safe zone, and you can’t go based off someone else’s history. Everybody’s body is different and every pregnancy is different.

We all really don’t know what we are doing to be honest. We just hope we are doing it right. As long as you are doing your best. No one has this whole mother thing down perfect. Also, stressing out about miscarriage can cause miscarriage. Just focus on your health and baby’s health. Sometimes, it isn’t soemthing you can control. Dont dwell on it.

Honey please stop stressing take each day an enjoy it. If you feel after you have the baby you need help ask, feel you can t take care of it contact someone. I will be praying for you.

You will be don’t worry, it all comes to u once u have your baby u have to make up your mind that u will not be like your mom was u know how it feels to be hurt as a child. If u are getting symptoms of pregnancy feeling tired nausea feels of food bother unyour doing well. See your doctor if u have any concerns also cramping is normal

Sometimes the first pregnancy will end in a miscarriage for no apparent reason. Mine did and like you I knew early on I was pregnant. The second pregnancy stayed but my daughter had issues and was in special care until she was 8 weeks old. My second daughter 2 year later was all good. Try to relax and be the best that you can. You will have up and down days! Best of luck.

how you are feeling is completely normal…keep asking questions but remember every pregnancy is different…and everybody reacts in different ways.good luck and try to enjoy each day x

1 Like

We all feel this way in the beginning! It’s exciting and scary all in one. That doesn’t end until they are 18 lol

1 Like

Contact your local health Dept. for their programs to help expectant moms

1 Like

Dont worry about the what ifs it will stress you out and the baby can feel that stress try to relax your mind as much as possible and the fact that you are already worried about being a good mom already means your on the right track hun im a mom of 3 boys soon to be 4 and I still stress about being a good mom the things that run through my mind at the end of the day (did they eat enough today did I tell them i loved them enough did I showed them how much I love them did I teach them anything new was I to hard on them could I have been harder on them with certain things) its a never ending thing but ill tell you what when one of my boys randomly give me hugs and kisses when they randomly say I love you mommy when im in sweats hair a mess and have been yelling my head off and they randomly say your so pretty mom it reminds me that I am doing a good job they do know i love them and it makes everything thats hard about being a parent oh so worth it good luck with your pregnancy I hope you enjoy every bit of it and congratulations hun :heart:

Relax, your thoughts about lost the baby and not being a good mother are totally normal… in the other side if your family is toxic the best thing that you can do is move far away from them and raise your child in peace, just see them for family reunions.

You will drive yourself crazy thinking about what ifs. Just take care of yourself and hope for the best. As for the toxic family situation, keep you and your child away from them as much as possible. Break that cycle.

2 Likes

Common. Pretty much every female i know has had one.

Make an appointment with an ob/gyn and get an exam so you can get on vitamins, information and get your questions answered by a doctor.

They are very common, but this includes early miscarriages when women didn’t even realize they’re pregnant. Try not to worry because it’s out of your control. After you see a fetal heartbeat, your chance of miscarriage declines. After 12 weeks, your chance is low. Try not to think about it but once you see that heart beating :heartbeat: just know there’s hope the baby is there to stay. then after your first trimester is over, I’d feel pretty safe! I announced my own pregnancy at 13 weeks. I’m 22 weeks and going strong.
You’ll be a good mom- just don’t follow in the footsteps of your toxic family. The fact that you can see they are toxic is a good thing. Make firm boundaries, don’t put up with any BS. and if they continue to be a problem for you, pull away from them. Do whatever you gotta do to protect your baby!

If you think about what ifs. Then you miss out on what is.

Try not to worry about it. Everyone is different but chances are that your baby will be ok. And the fact that you care so much about being a good mom means you will be

Unfortunately miscarriage is our body’s way of letting go of what can not work. A very sad occurrence for many women. Try to remain positive, cause lots of bubbys do work!

The fact that you’re worrying about being a good mom tells you that you probably will be :purple_heart:

I lost my son at 35 weeks. I was told it was a 1:100,000 chance.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How common are miscarriages? - Mamas Uncut

Hey, I know you’re worried. I lost my first baby. Didnt know the reason and 1 in 4 women will miscarry. This doesnt mean it will happen to you. Start talking folic acid to help baby grow :heart: sending sticky baby dust!

4 Likes

Miscarriages happen in about 15- 20% of pregnancies. Sometimes it is completely out of your control, dwelling on the negative possibilites will only make you stress over something that may never happen. You should have an appointment as soon as you can to make sure the fetus is developing properly and take prenatals as soon as you can. As long as you do your best to love and nurture this baby, you are a good mom. :heart:

2 Likes

Miscarriages can happen to anyone at anytime. And even though you may feel as if its ur fault its truly not.
Ur anxiety is normal. Outta 7 pregnancies I have only given birth 2 times. I’ve have 4 miscarriages 1 ectopic and 2 living.
Just because you had a rough past and a not so good mother doesn’t mean you will be her or ur family. You be the best you that you can be. Remember you can do anything you put your mind too.

4 Likes

Miscarriages are pretty common. I had 5. Try not to stress on it tho. I also had 2 live births. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re always capable of breaking the cycle of toxicity. You’re not who raised you ! And just try to keep positive and relax. Stress is not good for mommy or baby :heart: I had 2 miscarriages and when I finally got pregnant again I was so scared I didn’t enjoy my first trimester because I was constantly afraid. I wish I would’ve spent more time being excited and and focused more on the fact that I was growing a small human rather than worrying. You can be who and what you want girl, I’m sure you’ll be a good mama ! Sending positive energy and blessings your way !

1 Like

Don’t stress the unknown. I’m 1in4. I’ve had 4 miscarriages all out of my control only god knows why, but I also have 2 very healthy little boys. Set up your appointment and start taking prenatal vitamins. :pray:

2 Likes

I spent most of my 2 pregnancies worrying about losing them, then the last few weeks worrying they were taking too long! I also did not have good parenting role models so I’m really glad I started going to La Leche League meetings early in my first pregnancy. I love their mothering philosophy.

1 Like

4 miscarriages lost 1 baby when I was 20ish weeks and i have 2 live babies

I thought the safe zone was 5 months am I wrong ?

Miscarriages are VERY common.
Your OBGYN should be giving you the lecture about it

Every woman is different and every pregnancy is different. My mum had miscarriages and fertility issues but I have 5 healthy children. I thought I would inherit my mums issues but I didn’t. Don’t stress about your cousin because stress isn’t good for you or baby. Good luck

2 Likes

The fact that you are already wanting the best for your baby makes you a good mom!!

5 Likes

Miscarriages are more common than anyone thinks. And the early miscarriages are even more common. Some women don’t even know they’re having one and they think it’s just their late period. It could be a matter of nature, or it very well could be an issue with your body holding on to pregnancies.

2 Likes

1 in 4 before 13 weeks

1 Like

It’s not uncommon. I’ve had 3- 18 weeks, 11 weeks, and 8 weeks…but I also have 5 healthy kids. Each pregnancy is different, just take it one day at a time.

2 Likes

You will be ok and a fantastic mom 8m most sure. No one with bad parents follows in parents steps. You got this

1 Like

I cant respond as far as miscarriages but I have a toxic mom and I haven’t spoken to her since I was 13 (only in court or threats to my brothers or dad). I suffered physically mental And verbal abuse from her And I base a lot of my parenting on what she did so I can do different. I never got professional help (should have probably) but made the decision when pregnant I’d never beat my children or speak certain things to them. I’m not perfect and I have my faults as a parent but my kids come first and I love them and care for them.

1 Like

There is no safe zone you can miscarry at any time.

1 Like

They are common- BUT: Just because your cousin has lost a baby-. Don’t expect that it will happen to you.
My mom didn’t have any- that I know of. And my aunt had 14. I’ve had 4. 2-3 of them were caused by my oldest s father being abusive- But I have a 5 year old, a soon to be 2 year old and due with my third a week after my seconds birthday.
You will do fine with your baby. Your already doing better by worrying about who will be around and how you will do.

Don’t worry about having them. It’s different with every woman and how her body works. Make sure to take 2 prenatal’s, one for the baby, one for you. Only taking one gives baby nutrients, but the baby is also taking from you as well, so the extra pill or gummy helps. Gummies are better because if you have morning sickness and nausea, the gummies don’t affect you as much as the pills will. Make sure to exercise. Not extensively, but like up until you’re 6 months, you can do all your normal activities and bike ride, etc. After 6 months, you’ll get slower in your activities and it might be harder to walk but you wanna stay active, helps with birthing.

I’m also not saying don’t think about having a miscarriage, because it’s possible but low risk in most women. What I can tell you is that if you are worried, make an appt with an OBGYN. I have one who could probably take a look and see what your risk average is, if that’s what you need. But overall, you’ll be fine, you’ll do great, no need to worry. Don’t stress out. Everything is gonna be fine. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I read somewhere that 60% of women suffer miscarriages. However, try not to stress too much. That is why it is best not to tell too many people till 15 weeks or so.

Miscarriages are quite common. I had 2 live births and one miscarriage months ago! Don’t stress :blush:

1 Like

Unfortunately miscarriages are very common. Even a healthy women can experience it. Your cousin may have underlying reasons for hers. Once you go in for your first scan it does help elevate some of the fear… but I’m a worrier and just develop new fears with each phase as a mom :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::woman_shrugging:t2:

1 in 4 pregnancies end up miscarrying. I’ve had 5 pregnancies and 2 of those were miscarriages

I had 5 or 6, I forget. I have 1 child.

1 Like

There really is no “safe zone”. Miscarriages can happen at any point. I’ve had more than one miscarriage myself, including my youngest son’s twin. That being said, you can’t go there in your head, or you’ll torture yourself the entire nine months. Be happy, plan as though it’s a done deal.

6 Likes

You need stress alleviation, so here it goes. RELAX! Every woman is different and every pregnancy she has is different. The fact you are already worried proves you’re going to be an awesome mom! RELAX AND ENJOY.

2 Likes

I can’t answer on the statistics of miscarriage but I didn’t let myself get super excited until 10 weeks with my first child. Then I thought because I had a healthy pregnancy and child, that I’d be safe from miscarriage, WRONG. I then got pregnant 2 years after my first and I let myself get way too excited… we almost told our family right away but I ended up miscarrying on Christmas Day.
I’m now 20 weeks pregnant and I’m still super worried.

1 Like

My best advice
Please don’t stress to much baby can feel everything you feel

And with the good mom
Part I grew up in a very very toxic environment
My mother is a pill and alcoholic
Mentally unstable to care for children
And my father is a dead beat dad
So I grew up in a very bad places

Tell this day my mother had not changed in fact stelling money from me and belongings

Recently I had to cut all ties with my mother and sister
Because of there toxic
Unloved cold hearts

My mom was so bad to me I didn’t know until I was a adult and a mother my self
Realizing all the wrong my mother has done to me

My mother and sister think I’m a bad mother and won’t raise my children right

Here’s what I have to say
I’m a wonderful mother
My child is growing up knowing what love is
What a worm heart and hugs are
He knows so much its crazy
Life is good now that iv left my toxic family behind

If it bugs that much worried you will Rais your kids like you mom did
This is our chance to do better to make our children’s life better then we ever had
That’s my goal is to make sure my child doesn’t grow up the Way I did :100:

1 Like

I just had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago at 6 weeks after trying for 6 years to concieve. I had a normal first pregnancy with no issues except 9months of morning sickness. He was 8lbs 3oz at birth and was born 1 day before his due date. I’ve learned its very common and so many women around me have had miscarriages but a lot also had successful pregnancies after. Dont stress yourself out!

2 Likes

Common unfortunately but don’t dwell on the what if. I did and ruined my experience. Do what you need to do as far as rest and healthy choices and the rest is just not controllable

1 in 4 women will miscarry, but it’s honestly even more than that. A lot of early miscarriages happen before you could ever know or have a positive pregnancy test. I’ve had 8 miscarriages personally, all early 3-6weeks and within days of a positive pregnancy test.

While miscarriages are common, I wouldn’t stress or expect it to happen… don’t manifest that. Manifest a strong healthy pregnancy. Put that positive out there, you WILL have a strong and healthy pregnancy. A strong and healthy child.

4 Likes

I have 2 children and i had one miscarriage 2 years ago. Every person is different. Do not stress about it. Just relax and enjoy this experience

Just breathe love. Her miscarraiges dont mean you will…and any toxicity in your family doesnt pass down if you raise your baby different. Stress wont help you. Take care of yourself and live your life normally.

1 Like

Try not to worry. Enjoy this time and your developing baby. If a miscarriage happens, it is often because the little one was not healthy, so wasn’t meant to be. Look back at the things you would have changed about your mother and resolve to do those things better for your child. Good luck, I hope all goes well for you.

2 Likes

Don’t think about and worry about a miscarriage. I know easier said than done but right now you should keep yourself healthy and stress free. You’ll be a great momma. Use your previous family life as your inspiration to be the best mom you can be. Congratulations! :heart:

1 Like

the fact that you’re worrying about being a good mom and wanting what’s best for your baby proves that you already are a good momma. Congratulations :two_hearts:

4 Likes

I’ve had 2 miscarriages. 5 children. Try not to stress about it. I didn’t tell anyone I was pregnant with my son until I was well past 12 weeks.

Very common. Some women have them so early and don’t even know. Unfortunately.

1 Like

Miscarriages are 1 in 4. But more then likely higher bc a lot of miscarriages happen before you even know your pregnant. Don’t stress yourself out about it. There is nothing you can do if that’s what’s going to happen. So stressing about something that may or may not happen is just putting stress on ur baby. Use ur past as a way to change ur future. Be that mom that you always wanted. You already are aware of ur family history and don’t want to repeat it… that’s the first step in being the best mommy you can be. Good luck to you.

2 Likes

Try not to worry. Stress can cause miscarriages. Just make sure you’re eating right and staying healthy. I’m sure baby will be fine :blush:

The fact that you’re asking and caring so much shows what a good mom you will be! Try so hard to relax and see your OB :kiss:

3 Likes

Just breathe. Try not to worry.
I have had 3 boys. 4, 2, and 2 weeks. No major issues with any of them. But I had that fear every time. I just focused all my thoughts on the excitement, and then positive. You should see an OBGYN around 8 weeks, that will ease your mind a little. :blue_heart:

Sadly miscarriages are fairly common and there’s nothing that can be done to prevent it however that being said it’s not always likely that someone will experience one I personally experienced a miscarriage after 12 weeks but I was also pregnant with triplets and my body couldn’t handle it so I lost two of my babies

I had a miscarriage last year. I lost my baby at 6 weeks, due to tons of stress and my ex bf was physically abusive.

Just because your cousin had a miscarriage, doesn’t mean you will. Don’t stress about it and you will be okay​:slightly_smiling_face::heart:

1 Like

Every 1/4 women have one. I’ve had 2 and my mom had 2 and my aunt had some too.

While miscarriages are common, they aren’t common for everyone if that makes sense. It’s normal to worry though. I’ve had 3 pregnancies and never had a miscarriage (that I know of; chemical pregnancy is common and anyone can have one and not know it). Once you hear the heartbeat chances drop but it can happen anytime. Just don’t stress about it unless you have a good reason to believe you could end up having one.

1 Like

I’m an adoptive mom. Lots of worry too. Lots of what ifs. Plan but don’t buy. Tell no one so there are no questions. Enjoy
You will do your best. You already know what not to do. Good touch and lots of love. Know no one is perfect. Do your best

2 Likes

Ive had 2…but i also have 4 healthy happy kids.idk how common they are but not enouph so to assume you are prone because of others.its very common to be fearful in the 1st trimester.

The fact that you are worried about being a good mom means you already are one!!

4 Likes

Sadly 1 in 4 end up in miscarriage. But you shouldn’t stress yourself about it & you have already proved your a good mum being so concerned xx all the best xx

The fact that you’re that concerned about being a good mom and aware of the family flaws youve observed is an excellent indicator that you are going to try very hard to be a good mom and that’s all anyone could ask for.

1 Like

1 in 4 pregnancies end in a miscarriage.
I’ve had 4 pregnancies. 1 ended in a late miscarriage @ 16wks 4d. I dont believe there is a “safe zone”.

Ive had a total of 10 miscarriages.

really should make an appointment to begin prenatal care so you can get vitamins and get checked out. they’ll tell you for sure how far along you are and provide your due date. its important for you and baby to start getting that care so you can minimize any issues that may come up later .

I don’t know the exact number but years ago when I was pregnant my gyno had a sheet I filled out when I was pregnant and it asked what questions I had. One I asked was how common are miscarriages and my doctor told me they are common. I think everyone worries about them at least a little. But if it happens it happens, unfortunately not much you can do about it. Just try to think positively because worrying wont help.

2 Likes

if you want what is best for your baby, if you truly are pregnant, then that is what you will do,

I’ve had eight miscarriages, one live birth, and currently pregnant.

My mom miscarried her first baby. I had two older sisters that never had any problems, but I miscarried my first … after years of trying to conceive. After the miscarriage, the Dr did a biopsy, and determined I was lacking progesterone, which is what helps the baby “stay put” in the womb. He said I had probably had several miscarriages, due to my history of very heavy and irregular periods, and just didn’t realize it. I had to take pregnancy tests every month, and as soon as I had a positive result, I had to go see my Dr and start taking progesterone shots. I now have 2 grown sons.

I would say to you that if you have concerns, talk with your Dr … get checked as soon as you can, and talk to him about all of your concerns. There might be nothing to worry about … but talking with him will certainly help ease your fears.

1 Like

It’s up to you to make the change. If you were raised in a toxic family. Make your family is not raised that way but way better. You got this !!

2 Likes

1 in 4 women so very common

1 Like

If you already worried about the health and safety of that baby, even if the worry is about you maybe not being good enough, then you already have the heart and mindset of a WONDERFUL mother and your child is lucky that you were picked to be his mom :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

The 1st 12 weeks of pregnancy are the most common for miscarriage but in actuality something can happen anytime during pregnancy. Just take care of yourself. If you have questions or concerns reach out to your doctor that’s what they are paid for! Always be safe rather than sorry! Good luck!

1 Like

You can learn a lot from your family. How you want to be or how you don’t want to be. You choose. Prayers on a safe and healthy pregnancy.

Worrying will only make it more likely. Relax… Meditate. Do whatever you need to to calm down. And having toxic family doesn’t mean you’ll be toxic yourself. But it’s never too late to get therapy to help guide yourself in the right direction just in case.

1 Like

I’ve had 2 miscarriages Its truly scary when you are in the waiting period. I have 2 n
Boys here on earth and the first 12 weeks had me worried the whole time. Stay positive :heart: baby dust to you

Superrr super common but usually in the first few weeks

I had 3 kids, then I had 2 miscarriages within 6 months of each other

Dont stress out first and foremost. Get yourself in to see an ob/gyn. Once you feel less nervous. Decide if cutting ties with certain family members is best. I cant tell you what to do but in my experience with a toxic mom, i had to do just that and my child is better bc of it.
In the end youll know what to do for your baby. Good luck.

1 Like

The safe zone is after 21 weeks

There is no safe zone in pregnancy… However its said 1 in 4 women will suffer a loss💔 I’ve had 2 healthy pregnancy, 2 loses and now pregnant with twins.
There is no way of knowing what way a pregnancy will go, all you can do is look after yourself and how for the best

Good luck on your journey :heart:

You will be an amazing mother because of the family you have. You will try and do everything in your power to make your child feel loved and cared for. I know because you’re worried about it. Also, there is no perfect mother. Just do your best.

The first 12 weeks are so scary! Try not to worry about it and just love that child. Take care of your body and take your prenatal. Maybe buy some books to read up on pregnancy and the child growing inside of you to pass the time.

My first pregnancy was a miscarriage in 2015. In 2017 I found out i was pregnant again and my son is almost 3. I had another miscarriage 2 months ago.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How common are miscarriages? - Mamas Uncut