How do I break the cycle and do better?

Is your dude her biological father? How long has he been your dude or how long has he been her father? There’s some missing information

3 Likes

Its good for the dad to keep up with cycles tbh. It lets him know when to buy pads, chocolate, etc and maybe plan fishing trips or something to give yall space. As long as he is a good dad, let him be a good dad and show your daughter how a man should treat her when she is old enough to date.

9 Likes

Not weird that your husband knows, but rather very uncommon for any man to know or care to know. I dated a few guys(2 to be exact) that were very intunned to my cycles when they came and I found it odd, but later found out they were raised by a single mother with sisters, no brothers…so they learned to tell the signs.

2 Likes

I write mine on the calendar so my husband will know when its that time :woman_shrugging: I share everything with my husband including my menstrual cycle…

1 Like

I know my wife’s. I didn’t mean too but…yea. then she got an IUD and she’s bout to have it out so imma have to relearn now lmao. Honestly I think it’s the mood…just kinda sense it.

3 Likes

Maybe hes just loving… Thats wonderful that he keeps track of that kind of stuff, he stays envolved in your life.

Not weird at all to me. My dad was in a house of 3 girls. He knew all of our schedules.

We were taught this in school and when I got my period my mom explained stuff to me as to thought I was bleeding to death and my father ,well he didn’t know my schedule but always make sure we had our pads in stock all the time
U are not a bad parent, there are things that idk how to handle as a mother or things I do the wrong way but my husband correct me n tell me how it needs to be done as I’m a first time mom n I’m open up to constructive criticism and I take any advice from elders

His behavior is normal from a good man. My husband knows my cycle and can tell when my PMS starts and I’m pretty sure when our daughter gets there he will know as well. Growing he didn’t know shit about a women’s body so sense then we have talked alot about it so that when our daughter starts if I’m not around he can handle it. Our son is also aware of what happend to a women’s body and will learn more as he gets older in hopes that one day we will have raised a man like your S.O.

This is amazing that he’s an amazing dad.My SO,is the same way.It did feel weird at first(I had the same problem.growing up)but now,my SO is kind and sweet about it

I think he’s being wonderfully supportive! :blush::purple_heart:

We are a two mom household and I got very basic info about my period from my mom growing up. Never had a dad myself. Now we teach our sons about menstruation because they should know. I feel like every gender should learn about the biological functions of every body so they can be prepared to help however they can. Our children are kind and caring and already try to assist us with our cycles now giving us chocolate, snuggles, or space as we need it. They are going to be excellent to their menstruating friends and/or partners!

I had very horrible periods when I was younger, severe pain and it used to make me faint or almost pass out so dad used to be the one to come and collect me from school at lot of the time. So obviously he knew and I was comfortable in telling him. It’s not always weird or creepy. I also had to tell dad about the first time I got it because mum was at work.

I hope my daughter ends up having a relationship like that with her dad and that she feels she could talk to him if I wasn’t available.

Is your Dude your daughter’s biological Dad? If he is then it’s ok but if he’s not then the next question is has he been in her life since she was a baby? Has he raised her for several years??? :thinking: I may be wrong but it’s a little strange, but I don’t know how close they are either!

2 Likes

I see ntn wrong with keeping track of it

I think the fact that he keeps track means he knows when she needs some extra tlc, a cup of hot chocolate or even just time alone. Thumbs up to you papa!! :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Mine knows mine better than I do lol :joy:

1 Like

And good for u momma :heart:changing the negative patterns and picking an amazing man father!

My hubby helped my daughter with her she started when I was at work and he helped her and knew both r times .I don’t think it’s funny at all its a loving father and he is intune with ur kids not alot of men do that be thankful

Most men know their woman’s well because they need that tlc that they don’t get that week but knowing the time of the daughter if it’s not his daughter it’s kinda weird unless they go at the same time

i don’t see anything wrong with it. he’s probably tracking so he knows when tread lightly :joy:

That’s weird that he is keep track .as for breaking the cycle ,you already did .

7 Likes

I don’t think it’s weird maybe right before it’s yalls “time” he’s making sure you guys have your stuff exc I wish mine was regular enough to know ahead of time

Be thankful and a open communication about everything so your daughter feels comfortable talking to you and her dad about things and keep letting her know she she always talk to you about things that are going on . We did this we all of our kids and we have great relationships with our 24 , 21 and 15 yr . 2 being girls .

Yeah that is a little different. But then again, every one is. Lol. Idk.

Idk. Honestly it’s different, but it could be so he knows when yall are gonna be a little extra sensitive so he doesn’t upset you guys, could be those times he wants to make sure you all have what you need, if he’s the shopper of the family, or maybe he keeps track so he can bring home gifts? If you’re curious just ask him why he keeps track. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

It’s weird for a guy to keep track of his kid’s menstrual.

3 Likes

Its kinda really odd for sure but in what context is he keeping track?

My husband always reminds me and mostly himself depending on my moods lol! Also it helps me cause I’m never prepared for when it starts …

Imo It’s not weird for a man to keep track of a ladies cycle. It’s actually really helpful especially if you have add cycles & can’t remember your start & end dates. It’s important to keep track of a child’s cycle bc of health & medical reasons. As in if he has to take her to the doctor they will want to know when her last cycle was. Plus he may be wanting to prepare for it. As far as breaking toxic cycles baby steps and face one issue at a time.

6 Likes

He’s keeping track so he can prepare for the mood swings haha

8 Likes

They have period apps now. I’d probably never remember if I didn’t use one. They’ll even notify you q few days before it’s supposed to start so you’d be prepared. I’m assuming he keeps track of yours for sex reasons. His daughter probably because he doesn’t want her to have an accident and to know when her mood would change.

It is not weird for a father to keep track of his daughter’s cycle, especially when she is just starting out. He is also a parent that would need to know to buy products for said child during that time of the month. Also if he has to go ake her to the doctor, they ask that kind of information, and if she isn’t good yet at tracking it herself, he knows. Dad’s are just as much parents as mom’s. Sounds like you’ve picked a great man! Keep doing good mama. You can break the cycles, sounds like you’ve already surpassed them. :heart:

3 Likes

No its not weird , hes being a parent if she needs supplys he need to know what kind . She needs to be able to talk to her dad about anything and feels comfortable to go to him just like a son should be able to come to you about everything any anything

7 Likes

he’s just being prepared with chocolates and food for when y’all get your bitchy weeks lol

Unlearn what you learned,to love after being loved is a repetition of a vicious cycle that child may then not know how to love or accept love and loving such people is hard ,all the negative energy will be projected on friends (or those who try to be,potential lovers and later on children) so read books ,attend counselling etc as for him tracking could be his way of bracing for the mood swings lolll best of luck dear

1 Like

My husband can walk in Walmart and grab exactly what I need and exactly what his 2 daughters need without even thinking. I definitely don’t find that weird. Hes a good dad and is present.

9 Likes

Not sure what you mean by “keeping track”. Most periods come around the same time each month so its just known after a while especially if you have certain symptoms right before.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why everyone - almost everyone jumps to conclusions that the guy is weird for actually keeping track and knowing something… He knows you and he knows his daughter how is that so bad?? & sometimes it’s obvious especially if he has to buy the products around same time monthly. It isn’t weird for you to know her cycle, but weird if he does according to what some are saying on here. A dad can’t seem to do nothing without being told anything negative. Dammed if they do dammed if they don’t.

8 Likes

I just asked my husband, he said he knows mine exactly and our daughters usually a week or two before. Which is fairly accurate, I wouldn’t think to much into it unless you have other concerns. Xx

2 Likes

My husband and I together have 8 kids out of those 8 only 2 are boys. 3 girls live at home and 2 have started, I had a hysterectomy in 2017. But he knew my schedule better than I did. And he also knows our girls schedule. There is nothing wrong with it at all!! He pays attention. That’s very handy it also helps if isn’t afraid to pick up products on the way home.

1 Like

It’s normal to me. I don’t think it’s weird. My husband keeps track of mine. It’s actually very helpful on the months when it’s crazy and I lose track of my days and he’s like hey you’re about to start do you need supplies or anything?

Its not weird. My partner knows mine. Il say ‘ugh my heads killing me’ and he will say ‘well you’re due on this week’ i check my app and of course he’s right. Its nice knowing someone takes notice of little things i think he’ll be the same with our 2 girls too

1 Like

I grew up with two sisters and my mom. Dad wasn’t around. I am now married with 2 daughters. 2 and 1. But I do know my wife’s schedule and do plan on knowing my daughter’s. If they seem unhappy I would like to already know wassup. For the most part. I can try to help

8 Likes

You have someone who pays attention to you, its not weird

3 Likes

Not weird as long as nothing else is going on. You didn’t say if your man was her father or not. I think the people saying be aware are thinking that he might keeping track to make sure she isn’t pregnant if he was doing something terrible to her. But it’s not weird if nothing is going on. It is actually beneficial for him to know so he can be prepared for the emotions.

1 Like

It’s not weird. My dad could usually tell when it was about my time. And my husband knows my schedule pretty well too. He sounds like he’s just being a good dad :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Its not werid they normally work it out cause its when we turn into moody bitches :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Unpopular opinion but it could be that because he knows about your past and knows these things might be difficult for you he is trying, sounds like he’s being a good father and husband and taking care of both of you I don’t think it’s weird at all

2 Likes

That man knows the signs and knows when to make himself scarce or offer chocolate. It is self preservation. :rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

I wouldn’t want a guy or my father tracking that somethings are meant to be private! Tell him to back off

3 Likes

I also think you already have your kind set up about how you feel and dont care to change that which is fine but just say you want people to agree

I think it’s weird. Just my opinion

1 Like

It’s definitely normal to know someone’s period routine when you live together. I mean, that’s awesome he’s aware of that so he can take into consideration that you and her will be hormonal, have cravings, leave tampons out or whatever you do, nearing your period/on your period. My husband always knows. It’s not weird. You live together. It’s normal. Be glad you have a man who doesn’t think periods are purely disgusting.

3 Likes

You wrote “my dude” if he is not her father, I find it very weird and alarming!
Please talk to your daughter! I hope nothing bad happened.

5 Likes

I told my dad first the day I started my period before I told my mom bc my mom wasn’t much to loving and caring about the cramps and I have always been close to my dad though

Just be better then them do better then what they did for you. Make their life better then yours. And i say this to even ppl that got raised up good that you ALWAYS want your kids to have a better life then you ever had even if you had a good life.

I think your response to this depends on your relationship with your own father.
You can tell who had what for a father type

It sounds like you’re well on the way to breaking that cycle. It’s not weird that your husband knows when yours and your daughter’s cycles are. That means that he’s attentive and he pays attention to your family.

17 Likes

My husband keeps track of mine . It doesn’t bother me . It’s good your husband cares enough to keep track . If you run out of pads or tampons he will notice n tell you more than likely incase you don’t realize it .every man is different

4 Likes

My “take” is, you have a good, observant man.

3 Likes

My dad lived in a household of three women , my mom , and my sister and me . Trust me he knew without knowing and knew to be keep track . Lol …… he knew when to bring what chocolate bar home , what bag of chips home , and which female to stay away from .
If your “dude “ grew up with sisters thank them , they trained him well .

17 Likes

Most times women in.the same house will sync up cycles so it won’t be hard for him to keep track… haha my bf knows as my partner and a stepdad to 3 daughters he is dreading the next 12 months when the youngest comes to the party too he rekons he will have to leave home for 10 days out of a month :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I think it is super sweet. I think it also keeps him in the loop of why u ladies are moody and such. My man only knows when I tell him to try back in 3-5 business days. :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

My step dad knew when all three of us were due, and he’d usually bring home chocolate or make sure the heating pads were out and accessible. I don’t think it’s weird at all, but I grew up with the opposite of your parents.

8 Likes

He might not be “tracking” it, he might just know…
It’s pretty common for people to know when someone else is going through their cycle…we do behave differently during those times…
People think it’s alarming? Like yeah, if he’s monitoring it for suspicious reasons I get that, buttttt I doubt that’s the case…I’m pretty positive my man’s dad (we live with him) knows MY cycle because he gets insanely dramatic at the same times I do…like fucking clockwork… if anything though, it may make life easier that he knows

I’m lucky if mine can remember my birthday or what I said 2 minutes, 2 days, or 2 weeks ago. So I guess be thankful he is attentive and aware of someone other than himself.

4 Likes

He’s a smart man. Maybe he wants to be ready for the mood swings. Very smart man.

5 Likes

He’s a good partner and a good father. He might want to know when he will need to make sure that there are more snacks in the house or wether he needs to be more patient for a couple of days.

3 Likes

My dad knew mine and my daughter’s daddy knows when they start theirs too many girls in the house not too , for him and the boys to run lol

Its not weird at all. Hes a good daddy sounds like

1 Like

Well, I wouldn’t say it is bad that he’s keeping track. Why? Because it means he knows yalls cycle and he knows yall may need feminine items so in case he needs to go out and get stuff he can. As well as if yall get in moods or not feel well he can take care of yall. Also, accidents do happen so hypothetically she has one at School he’s prepared to help. I’m the only female in my little family because I have 2 sons with my bf. No girl yet. My bf knows my schedule. I never had a true father figure in my life at all. My take is you have an observant man who’s ready to take care of his Queen and Princess.

2 Likes

I think it’s sweet that he loves y’all enough to be attentive to your physical and emotional needs. I think you should be grateful to have him in your life. I’ve only had self serving jerks that couldn’t care less about my body unless it was benefiting him.