How do I go about contacting my sons school?

Not at all Mr Smith sounds like an entitled prick

I would be at the school face to face with the teacher or principal or both, now he has intimidated and embarrassed your son. If they have another same grade, I would insist he be changed or take him out, send him to a private school, my 3 are all grown now but, the moma grisly came out when anyone messed with my children.

2 Likes

Call a meeting with the teacher &/or principalā€¦

Donā€™t call the school you walk in there and talk to the principal. Be fucked if I would let any teacher talk to my child like that. So unprofessional on so many levels and then to proceed to ask if he is in special Ed thatā€™s not on.

My son is in the special unit and if anyone made smart remarks like that I would be loosing it.

Iā€™d be sitting there when the doors open demanding a meeting with the so called teacher

3 Likes

I would not call id schedule a meeting with teacher and principal. In person is best. Make sure there was no mis communication. Not saying anyone is lying but sometimes kids can misunderstand so just go in peacefully and get answers. But if those things were said thatā€™s unacceptable and not a way for anyone to speak to a child!!

1 Like

Is jerk that MFN teacher up and show him what ā€œspecial edā€ means and tech him that no one talks to your son that way!

Iā€™d email the school principal demanding a meeting with the principal and the teacher. So thereā€™s a start of a paper trail. Then Iā€™d be at that school at open time.

2 Likes

Umm, I would be at the school demanding a conference. Period.
And then, Mr Smith would call the school in front of me, on speaker, and ask that questionā€¦ Then, Iā€™d either get him in a new class or homeschool.

No teacher should EVER speak to a child this way!!!

1 Like

Hell no you arenā€™t overreacting. Shove your :foot: up Mr.Smithā€™s :eggplant: hole. That man is abusing his power, and is taking his miserable life out on students. Thereā€™s no place for an abusive teacher in schools, and that is absolutely emotionally abusive.

The worst bully I ever had was teacherā€¦ then she would lie about what she was saying and the administration would back herā€¦ I was in 2nd grade and she had me so depressed it changed me foreverā€¦ I never liked school again.

2 Likes

Fuck Mr Smith I canā€™t stand teachers like this

I would be at the school first thing in morning to talk to the principal and the teacher and get him out of that class. The man should not be teaching!!

1 Like

I would go to school and let him ask me what kind of parent I am , one that allows my kid to be bullied or one that doesnā€™t. I would set him straight on that real fast

1 Like

Iā€™d be wanting answers big time and If wasnā€™t given go to the goveners! Totally out of line no teacher should talk to a child like that! Period! Hope you get things sorted :pray: x

Iā€™m a kindergarten teacherā€¦taught 2nd grade for years beforeā€¦those comments are horrible and I feel so sorry for your child! I had similar problems with a teacher growing up because I was shy and struggledā€¦he would actually walk around the room and say ā€œwho knows the answerā€¦well its not sarahā€ its actually what made me go into teaching so I could change thatā€¦with that being said my mother (once I told her) was besides herself demanded a meeting and brought my stepfather. After that he NEVER spoke to me like that again. In 2022 this shouldnt be happening anymore go straight to the principal dont even bother with him. He shouldnā€™t be teaching children.

1 Like

Iā€™d let that teacher know heā€™s got two minutes to explain himself before he sees my crazy come out.

1 Like

Teacher is out of line. Some kind of power trip. Going to a new school is hard enough. I would go see the principal about it and demand to change your boys teacher

I wouldnā€™t be calling, I would be showing up at that school.

3 Likes

You ream that teacher a new a$$hole!!! Nope this is uncalled for, he is just an unhappy little man that is taking it out on a child. Speak up for your boy please!!

2 Likes

Iā€™d get right on that!. My son was in 6th grade, A student when we had to change schools. His old school he was doing so well. New school kept him in at recess, kept him at his desk at lunch, he was so distressed and wouldnā€™t go to school. I had it out with them and drove him to old school every day. He greatly improved and had no more incidents.

I would call at the school ask for the head then that teacher have it out with them. Nobody would talk to my kids like that.

1 Like

Nope, not overeating! Thatā€™s unacceptable. I would have already been to the school!

1 Like

The first thing you need to do is stay calm when dealing with the school. You will only make future enemies if you go to the school with a chip on your shoulder. That being saidā€¦you are not overreacting. My son was diagnosed with ADHD in 2nd grade. The only thing they thought of then was medication and special classes, but not special ed. They also had combined classes in his school. This was in the Denver area not a small town. His 5th/6th grade teacher wanted to put him in another class, but I felt it might be better to leave him with her. That was a huge mistake. At the end of his 6th grade I found out she was retiring so I donā€™t think she wanted to deal with a kid who needed special help. He was no way stupid. In fact he is a VERY SMART KID, now father. After that year he hated school and dropped out when he turned 16. That teacher was the worst thing that ever happened to him. I wish that I had changed his last two years with a different teacher. She even stood up the last day of school and told the whole class that everyone but he and one other student were going to 7th grade. If she hadnā€™t retired I would have done all I could to get her job. It even started to affect his friendship with his friend. He did not get held back, but mentally it scarred him. Get him out of that class.

Oh he** no!! I would be at the front door of that school come monday!!

2 Likes

Definitely take up for your child. Teachers these days are ridiculousā€¦

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t call. I would go in. And I would demand a different teacher.

2 Likes

This has clearly gone on long enough so Iā€™m shocked you have not done anything yetā€¦.
Yeah. Iā€™d be in the school asap for the principal and then a meeting with her and principal.

Absolutely unacceptable behaviour from a teacher! Especially for a child starting a new school! Ugh, I feel terrible for your child. Itā€™s the worst when the bully is a teacher :pensive:
Definitely contact the school.

1 Like

Please call the school. I am a teacher, and itā€™s absolutely not ok to speak to a child this way. Not all teachers are this cruel, I promise.

3 Likes

Oh I would be raising hell. But seriously, the first thing you need to do is call the school and have a meeting with the principal. And then have them put your son in a different class.

2 Likes

When my son was being bullied by a teacher, he called me, I left work, went straight to the school and asked for her. He was in high school. Bullying is a no go. In ANY situation. But especially when it come to adults bullying children.

2 Likes

Thats not good. No advice here but i feel extremely bad for your son. Im praying for him. Good luck!

Iā€™d be at the school first thing,and demand a different teacher. Teachers are supposed to help students not bully them and not make them feel like they are not important. Best of luck

2 Likes

I would have his job because he doesnā€™t belong in a teaching position if he does this mess!!

1 Like

Go talk to the Principal

Go to Principal. Not just the teacher. Demand a different teacher for your son. Some Teachers are not to nice to some students. I would also speak with the Superintendent to ask what he would recommend to do about this Teacher ? Same happened to one of my sons years ago. I did not stop until everything was taken care of including the teacher . If you donā€™t bully your way through this nothing will get done and your sons grades will drop. Also keep up with his grades. If anything changes go back and find out why. This is the reason I will never let a teacher spank or discipline my child.

3 Likes

Oooo If I were you I go into the school and rip him a new one then go to principal. That is going to be one sorry ass excuse of a teacher if I were him.

I agree with all of the above but believe you also need to document everything.

Absolutely inappropriate! Call that school and switch teachers asap!

Immediately address this situation not just with the teacher but demand when you go to the school with your child that you want that particular teacher and the principal in the office for a serious discussion about this teacherā€™s actions toward your son while this is still fresh and your son can tell his side of the story and know that you are going to stand with him no matter what bc if this is allowed his first days in this joke of a teacher will continue to cruel to himā€¦stand your ground mama and let that lion roar for your sweet cub.

1 Like

Keep your ears an eyes open. Report everything.

Call the school mama bear! This is not okay!

1 Like

What a horrible person!!!

1 Like

What I would do to that teacher is unprintable.

2 Likes

I usually say try to work it out with the teacher but I would be at the school demanding he be switched to a different teacher.

1 Like

Donā€™t call! Walk your happy self into the school, DEMAND a meeting with the principal, the teacher, your son and yourself! Document EVERYTHING.

14 Likes

Iā€™m glad my kids arenā€™t in school now cuz Iā€™d be going to jail for whipping the teacher ass just saying

I would take this to the skool board. They absolutely DO NOT tolerate behavior like this. I was bullied by my 3rd grade teacher as well. And other students. I was always scared to go to skool.

This is a really really big red flag. Why is he taking your son aside to ostracize him? Heā€™s projecting predatory behaviour. This post literally made my stomach turn.

2 Likes

I will contact the school immediately. A teacherā€™s job is to make your child feel welcome and to not be afraid to ask for help when itā€™s needed as well as make your child feel safe in that environment which the teacher is clearly not meeting the needs of

5 Likes

Wow. Call the teacher and defend your son. Thatā€™s terrible for a teacher to say to a student

1 Like

No you are not I had one that started this with out me knowing then it got physical

1 Like

Take him out of that teachers class, not good

2 Likes

As an elementary teacher and mother I would go to the school and ask to meet with the teacher, principal and your child on Monday morning.

7 Likes

Please contact your principal about this situation. If the teacher is not held accountable, then the school board needs to become involved.
DO NOT LET YOUR CHILD CONTINUE TO SUFFER.

4 Likes

OK been there done that first of all you have to go to the teacher first see what he says then you go to the principal . They call it the chain of command

2 Likes

Go all Moma Bear on the teacher , the priciple and the school
Do not stand for that

1 Like

I would be face to face with that teacher and the principal this is so not right. If nothing happens go to the board of education and file a complaint

3 Likes

ABSOLUTELY NOT OVERREACTING!!! Forget calling and go to the office and DEMAND a meeting with that Mr. Smith!!! This so called teacher is a damn BULLY and you need to put an end to it ASAP!

This is a major red flag document everything. I would skip the principal and go to the school board. That Mr Smith doesnt need to be a teacher especially if he is acting like an A**hat. Report him immediatelyā€¦dont let one bad apple ruin your childā€™s school experience it only takes one. I am so sorry. Hugs Mama

2 Likes

This is completely unacceptable. Stand up for your baby cub mama bear! We are their advocate and their voice. This is not how a teacher should ever be talking to a child. Stay strong baby boy :blue_heart:

3 Likes

You, the principal and this so called teacher need to meet first thing Monday morning! This teacher needs to be reprimanded and your son moved out of his class immediately!!!

4 Likes

Baby, we mommas donā€™t play about our babies. Iā€™m mad and itā€™s not even my kid

3 Likes

Try talking to the teacher. You can get a real sense of his opinion about your kid from how he talks about him. Iā€™d also meet with the principal and let them know your concerns. If things donā€™t change then see what they are going to do to help your child succeed. Start civil and if things arenā€™t getting better go mama bear.

1 Like

Youā€™re not over reacting. Fight for him! It matters :pray:t3:

And so what if he was in special Ed? This teacher is deplorable. I would be contacting the teacher directly.

1 Like

No youā€™re not overreacting. I still remember nasty things teachers said to me and Iā€™m 63! I hated school.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be walking into the school Monday morning and demanding a meeting with the principal and the teacher. If a meeting canā€™t be had Iā€™d go right to the school board. But in my mind Iā€™d be showing up to the school to throw hands.

6 Likes

Contact the school immediately.

2 Likes

I would go straight to that school Monday morning and have a chat with the principal and the teacher.

2 Likes

Call the school ASAP

1 Like

Go to the school and speak to the principal and then have the teacher brought in to talk to you. I was in education for 30 years and this is not the correct procedure for a teacher to speak to a child.

1 Like

Call the school - talk to an Administrator- not a secretary. Make an appointment to have a meeting with Administration, teacher, school counselor, your child, and yourself. Put it all out there so they know - and the teacher knows - you are a parent that cares-

4 Likes

Wow. Letā€™s just say the teacher and principal would know my name REALLY well!!!

3 Likes

I would go to the school and ask for a new teacher he will do know go in that class

Send an E mail or a letter to the principal and the Board of management and explain the situation in detail Hooefully all will go well for your child It certainly is very upsetting for you both

Well my son is in EC ā€œspecial Edā€ so I would hunt that teacher down and put my foot up his ass. What an asshole no you go into that school and raise hell.

I had a teacher like this in 3rd grade and she ended up spitting in my face. This needs to be dealt with now. If the school does nothing go to the school board

2 Likes

Oh heck no. I would be up at that school so fast. They had no right singling him out like that. Thatā€™s bs. :rage: Iā€™m mad FOR yā€™all. :rage:

3 Likes

Iā€™d have a talk with the teacher in the presence of the principal and guidance counselor

3 Likes

No your not thatā€™s extremely immature behaviour for a teacher and really inappropriate,almost making fun of a child. I would call the principal and ask if he could be moved classes. Problem teachers donā€™t get any better they keep doing those things and the school lets them or wonā€™t fire them BC everywhere is short on teachers. It also is bad for the children learning wise. No kid is going to care for learning with a rude teacher and grades will slip BC of this. (Iā€™ve been there)

The teacher was out of line and the principal needs to know.

3 Likes

I would b going up there

2 Likes

No maā€™am. You donā€™t call that school you march your ass in there and demand answers! That is insanity and I would be fuming!

I think Ur totally over reacting teacher should be able to ask if the first 2 things since he might of thought Ur kids needs extra help n normally the school do ring old school to find out that sort of stuff problem with today u say something to a child they instantly get sooky

Put on my shit stompers and go see that teacher :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

Demand a meeting with the Principle or dean Monday morning. I had a similar problem with one of my boys teacher and I went to the school and demanded a meeting, the next day my son was in a different class. No child deserves to be mistreated by a teacher.

7 Likes

Iā€™d be standing outside his classroom door in the morning. Telling that teacher that he needs to follow you to the principles office. Be calm. But ask for the story.

5 Likes

Id keep my child home from school , contact the school by phone telling them why and make an appointment to see the head. If not satisfied id contact the school board . This behaviour from a teacher is totally unacceptable

3 Likes

Youā€™re not overreacting, I would call too. Iā€™d be the first parent down there

1 Like

I would be in the office immediately

2 Likes

Make more money working part time at home. Start earning $ 15,000 or more a month just by working from home online. I was paid $ 16,842 last month and spent only 2 hours in my daily life. This is what I do.

https://dollarwheeler161.surge.sh

You are absolutely NOT overreacting! Stand up for your sweet boy! Donā€™t let one horrible teacher destroy his love for learning and his beautiful personality. ā€œMr. Smithā€ needs to be put in his place and taught the proper way to talk to children!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s not cool!! You need to go to the school & talk to them NOT call! Put that teacher in his place!

2 Likes

If your sonā€™s portrayal of what was said to him is accurate, he should not have to continue one more day in that classroom! As a second grade teacher, I would NEVER ask a child if they were in special Ed or if last yearā€™s teacher would say they were good or bad. This is completely inappropriate, insensitive, and detrimental to the very foundation of their relationship that the teacher should be trying to foster. This teacher (if he really said those things) should be reprimanded and/or fired. A child who has been in his class for 3 days is expected to be confused. I would reach out to the principal immediately and request/demand a meeting for Monday morning. Tell them your son will not be back at school until this issue is resolved. He has been bulliedā€¦by an adult who is supposed to be trusted to protect him from bullying. Iā€™m so sorry your son was treated that way.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t call I would have myself in the office with my child as soon as the school opened

4 Likes

Iā€™d be at that school with my foot up someoneā€™s a$$ real quick. :joy:

I would be at that School and my child would have a different teacher! Thatā€™s after I told mr smith what a piece of crapt he is!

1 Like