How do I regain trust in my partner?

My partner and I have been together for 3 years and we have 2 kids together. He was and alcoholic when we met, but I did not truly find out until about 7 months after we started dating and I was already pregnant with our first child. He has gone to treatment, but started drinking after he came back. We found out about a shot that stops his urges and he started taking that 4 months ago. He has not drank in those 4 months because of the shot. He is now refusing to take the shot because “he knows his body”. I do not trust him enough to leave our 2 kids here with him, so I can have a break. My friend is telling me to “give him a chance and maybe he won’t drink.” How do I even do that!? How do I risk my kids lives and “give him a chance” !?! Quick to add, he does not just drink beer and slowly get drunk. He will down a bottle of vodka, and once it hits him he passes out and doesn’t wake up for hours. My friend has a wedding coming up and has all these things I should be attending to, but now what do I do with the kids? I have no one else that could even watch them around here. He had also told me that I need to take a day to myself, so I just changed my schedule to have Wednesdays off. But I need to work Saturdays now. But with him not getting the shot, I won’t have anyone to watch the kids Saturday so I’m going to have to change my work schedule back and not get a day off…

If he is drinking and began drinking right after rehab, he needs to go back. If he doesn’t I would give him an ultimatum. Your kids cannot be safe with someone who is inebriated. If he doesn’t want to change then you need to leave. I know it will be hard, but the kids do not need to see him like that and you don’t either.