How do I tell my sister not to forward face her baby?

Is there a medical reason? Start by asking why then explain

There may well be written information in a leaflet provided by the local baby clinic you can give her

I didn’t know about this, my daughter was 8 months old when she was already forward facing (stupid me and first time mum) whereas she had a 1.5yr old at the time. She just came out to me and said did you know, in an accident a baby forward facing has 90% chance of dying because of the way the car stops and all bones go into one another than her rear facing. And I did say at the time we’ll i don’t have the budget for a car seat again, but it stuck in my head and I started researching, safe to say within a week, we rearfaced. I think don’t make her feel stupid but maybe try and say it in a way to give her information without making it obvious.

5 Likes

I would just come out and say it. Don’t beat around the bush. Inform her that it’s not safe, and it’s placing your nephew in danger. Offer to take her to a car seat clinic to safely install the car seat. YouTube has tons of videos you could look up to show her the danger of forward facing a car seat.

2 Likes

Just tell her straight up it’s not as safe to forward face them yet if she decides to still do it her way then that’s her choice

Well depending on the state, it’s illegal to do so before a certain age. Example: Maine – children must now be 2 to be forward facing.

But for safety purposes, I would try to let her know, in a helpful way, that it’s extremely recommended that at least until 2 they should be rear facing. Good luck! :heart:

1 Like

You just tell her. How it’s dangerous and illegal and help her learn to do it properly

why does she wanna do it to begin with? tell her it’s illegal and she’ll go to jail for it, and that her son could die if she’s in an accident.

2 Likes

In Ontario Canada it’s still one and baby weighs 20lbs

1 Like

Just say it in a way that will come out like you care and are worried for your nephew (sounds like that’s the case). My 1 year old is 3ft tall already, and weighs 32lbs. He’s still rear facing. :sweat_smile::woman_shrugging: He probably will be until he reaches either the height or weight limit allowed for rear facing that is listed on his car seat. Maybe have some helpful information ready for her in case she asks. There’s plenty of information readily available online.

The judgement on here is disgusting. Support everyone wtf.

Honestly if youre reading this i would bring it up as like omg guess what i read on the internet? Make it sound like new knowledge and your extremely worried now that you read how bad it was. Including finding a guide online that fits and show her that. I’m sure there’s plenty of pictures on the web of carseat safety !!

You’re a great aunt and ik you will continue to advocate for your nephew !! Just stay strong. Family is hard.

3 Likes

Is there a law in your jurisdiction about when to forward face? Maybe use that to start the convo

Bye telling her regardless if she gets mad because this isn’t about her comfort it’s about the saftey of the child. :upside_down_face: Y’all need to stop worrying about how someone feels when it comes to shit like this. Send her ass a YouTube video. Drive her ass to the fire station and ask the nice fire people to inspect the carseat and they’ll correct her. Do they not make you take carseat safety before you leave the hospital?

Find an article that says when they should be forward facing. Send it to her saying hey! Just saw this! Thought you should see it!

1 Like

Tell her it’s against the law to forward face a 6 month old no matter the state you’re in. Tell her straight up if she were in an accident her baby could be seriously injured or killed. If she still does it then that’s her stupidity. Some people don’t like to listen so they have to learn the hard way. We’ll just keep our fingers crossed that she won’t have to learn that lesson at your nephews expense.

2 Likes

Tell her the safety risks behind it. Let her know people can and will report her to the officials. Which could open an investigation against her.

1 Like

Google your states laws on car seat safety and send it to her.

I’ve been in this situation several times with a lot of my friends. I just go ahead and tell them that I really know how annoying unsolicited advice is (I really know it) that I wouldn’t be saying anything unless I wasn’t sure about the dangers, and I explain everything, ans show evidence. Never Have had a problem, all of them have taken it pretty well and actually take my advice :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I think you should be OK as long as this is the only think you suggest and make sure she knows is a safety concern.

2 Likes

Carseat safety is not a parenting choice. We aren’t talking about breast milk vs formula or cloth and disposable shapers. We are talking about the safety of a child. Maybe take her to the fire station and have them tell her show her. Don’t tell her why just tell her you want to take your nephew and her to the fire station

3 Likes

Just tell her and show her proof. Then leave her alone. You can’t change someone’s mind or force them to do it if they’re dead at against it

Tell her to join CarSeat Safety. That bill will be internally decapitated if they would get into a wreak. She’ll be the sorry one for not listening to you.

I’d say it like a friendly warning. Hey I noticed you put the carseat front facing. Be careful. That’s a pretty expensive ticket if you get caught. Encourage her to check the state law. Ours is 12 months AND a certain weight I think 20 lbs. Before they can sit forward facing. 4’9 and 80lbs before they can ride without one.

l Get paid over $108 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $15346 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://IncomeGreat78.pages.dev/

Just educate her maybe she doesn’t know

I don’t think you have to gently tell her at all, keeping a child safe is not a choice it’s a requirement. And by any state law at six months of age they need to be in a rear facing seat. Drive her up to the fire station and have them show her if she doesn’t wanna listen.

You tell her that he can’t be forward facing until he’s 2 at the least. That if she’s going to put her kid in danger, after being told the risks, she shouldn’t have him

It’s your nephew’s safety don’t worry about her feelings. Just speak up, educate her, and point her in the right direction of resources that’ll teach her proper car seat safety. Also, It’s illegal for her to forward face that young.

2 Likes

Car Seat Safety For The Littles (CSSFTL)

Don’t worry about her feelings that baby’s safety comes first

1 Like

Offending her is better then a funeral

2 Likes

I wonder about this because my son was in the NICU for nearly two months and he always slept face down. Why there and not home?

Children should NOT front face until at least age 1. Totally irresponsible of her. Please speak up for your nephews safety.

3 Likes

Straight up tell her it’s illegal and his neck will probably break in a crash :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

5 Likes

Have either the doc explain or the fire station

Go to your fire station! Take her with you and they can help her understand!!

1 Like

Just tell her. It’s literally illegal.

3 Likes

It’s your sister?! Lol I’d be like u know the car seat laws right. Your gonna get tickets and maybe a cps call if you keep that baby forward like that

1 Like

Definitely let her know that’s it’s not safe. If she gets offended that’s not your problem. 2 is the safest. All mine got turned just after 1 because they weighed and were tall enough…

Offend her?? Girl I’m sure you done that a few times in your life already. :woman_shrugging:t2: Idk… Lol. But just say hey turn him around it’s against the law and your not bonding her out. Lol. I’m a little too blunt with my sister’s so that’s my nice approach. Lol

1 Like

What does the law say? Ichances are she may jist ignore you… my kids were foelward facing as soon as i could flip them there 4 and 8 now. I followed law at time

Just tell her it’s really dangerous and illegal and you’re worried for them both. It’s no reason for her to get upset, maybe she genuinely doesn’t know.

Just tell her just say hey it’s safer if the baby stays rear-facing until they’re 2 sometimes being direct is the best way to go

Just tell her if she doesn’t abide have someone else tell her !If that we’re my grandchild I would be very very upset not put in seat right!!!

Fire station will show a video…that can decapitate or kill a baby just from that forward motion on that little neck

I keep spreading the good new to everyone. How crypto trading has changed my life for Good. Well all thanks to Mrs lisa jennifer who’ introduce me to this Business I’ve earned so much money and I can now pay up my Bills.I will advice you to invest on a right company click on the link :paperclips: and get started
:point_down:t6::point_down:t6::point_down:t6::point_down:t6:

Give her a copy of guidelines for safety seats for infants