How do I tell people that I am pregnant?

So I had a miscarriage in February and just found out that I am pregnant again, I know some people will be so overjoyed and happy for me, and I’m afraid that some will not be so happy. A little background I’m 27 years old married, and I’m working on buying a house with my mom, dad, and husband. I just wanna know if I am wrong in thinking that this is my life and this is something that makes me happy and that I want.

61 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum! How do I tell people that I am pregnant? - Mamas Uncut

If you tell anyone it should definitely be your husband.
There should be trust and y’all should be able to discuss how it makes you both feel.

3 Likes

Just tell em it’s your life your choices and you have a right to be happy

4 Likes

If they arent happy for you, they dont deserve to be in your life.

5 Likes

Honestly you can never pls anyone! It’s your life. Your choices! People will always have an opinion. It’s up to you not to care :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

U should be happy if that’s what u want dont matter bout anyone else

Just wait til they ask (not husband tell him for sure)

1 Like

Don’t let anyone spoil your joy. Ignore them.

4 Likes

Tell your husband. And when you feel comfortable tell everyone else. If they aren’t happy for you then you don’t need them.

1 Like

Why do you care? Be happy.

1 Like

You Should Be Happy,Don’t Worry What Others Think​:purple_heart::tada:

1 Like

Happy for you .God bless this new life .

2 Likes

I think you answered yourself in the last lines of your question😜

You have a right to be happy, no matter what ANYBODY thinks!

Who cares what people think this is one of them moments that’s yours own it

1 Like

Girl! You are too worried about what other people think! Let this sink in… You have been chosen to carry a miracle. Be the best mom you can be and don’t worry about anyone’s opinion. Once the baby is here you will understand. Hugs mommy

1 Like

I waited till my second trimester before I told extended family and friends but I told my immediate right away
Do what makes u happy

3 Likes

I waited until the second trimester to tell people about my pregnancy. I had a miscarriage before and I read that that usually happens in the first trimester… so after I got past that part into the “safer” part of my pregnancy I told everyone. That was just what made me feel most comfortable.

1 Like

You’re not responsible for the way people react to you and your choices.

A baby is something to celebrate ! Don’t let the ‘ not so happy people ‘ bring you down. It doesn’t matter how anybody else feels about it. Just remember to keep positive even if people express their negative feelings. It’s about your little baby you’re growing and your immediate family you’ve made :heart: positive energy your way !

I hid it my whole 9 months then popped out with a baby

1 Like

It your life so love it to the fullest and it don’t matter what others thank as long as you are happy

You’re 27 not 17, do what you want and who cares what others think.

You can tell or not tell them. It’s non of their business. I miscarried in February too. Got pregnant again in April. I waited until second trimester to tell my family.

5 Likes

I would wait until 2 trimester my dear. But also, hunny, who gives a flying fuck what anyone thinks. It’s your life, as long as it makes you happy, forget what anyone thinks. Sorry for your loss, ive been in that same position, and later we found out we were still pregnant. It was a twin to our 2nd child, and I had no clue until 15 1/2 weeks. So please, CELEBRATE :tada:

Sweetie 3 things
1 I wouldnt announce anything until halfway thru…just incase

1. you do you and be happy

2. follow the 3 Fs if they are f*cking you,feeding you or financing you screw them

1 Like

Discuss with your husband n make a decision together…
Remember his feelings count on this matter

1 Like

One thing I’ve learned is that you can’t live your life for other people.

4 Likes

Doesn’t concern anyone else but you and your husband

1 Like

My Rule is 2 family can’t live 2 together! And now you say your bring a baby into it just not a good idea just a thought!

Don’t enjoy your time in private it no one’s business.

Congrats and enjoy being pregnant! Do not worry about any negative people!

I didn’t till I was 4 and a half months along

Hey guess what?
What…?
Nek minit :rofl:

God did not put you here to live your life the way your family and friends think you should. God put you here for you to live the best life you can. Be kind and live your life, do what makes you happy.

2 Likes

I miscarried with my first pregnancy right after we told our families. With the second pregnancy we waited until I made it through the 1st trimester. It was ultimately my decision and I felt like I needed control over SOMETHING and trekking people was that ounce of control.
When our parents asked how far along I was, when we did tell them, there was a noticeable sigh of relief knowing I had made it threw the hard part. Zero resentment, just relief.

You cant control how others will react
Why do you care so much about how others will react? Because in the end it’s you and your hubs, not you hubs and everyone else together.

If it’s something you want then don’t worry about what others say

2 Likes

You’re married and an adult. If you and your husband want to start your family, do it.

2 Likes

Every baby is a blessing and should be celebrated! Miscarriages are horrible and it’s awful you went through that. I feel your pain more than you know and I am truly sorry for your loss. Please don’t let fear creep in too much and celebrate this little one. I know it can be difficult and people will always be judgmental and make comments, even if they mean well. Be happy! The opinions of others should not affect that. I am happy for you and I pray you have a safe and healthy pregnancy! Good luck momma :heart:

Please don’t set things on firer

1 Like

Congrats!!! Do you, don’t worry about the others!

3 Likes

Wait until after the first trimester to announce it. As for those who won’t be happy fuck them

Your 27…not 15. If your happy and so is your husband…THATS WHAT MATTERS.

5 Likes

It doesn’t matter what others think. It’s your choice.Just take it easy, Enjoy your pregnancy.Love your baby.

1 Like

After my miscarriage in September 2018 we got pregnant again in December 2018 (doctor told us to wait 3 months before trying again) and we didn’t tell people until we hit our 2nd trimester.

1 Like

I’m sorry about your loss. I lost a baby last year, due to physical abuse.

Don’t be afraid to tell anyone you’re pregnant. I only wanted certain people to know that I’m currently expecting (16 weeks) and thanks to my birth mom, she told my dad, which is the LAST person I wanted to know​:roll_eyes::expressionless:

If you’re afraid that they might judge you, then you don’t need them in your life.

2 Likes

You’re an adult. And married. Why is it anyone elses business besides yours and your husbands? Lol

Just announce it on fb when you’re ready :rofl:

4 Likes

If you want to have children and you’re excited about your pregnancy, then that’s all that matters. If the people you tell are not excited for you, then you don’t want them in your life or around your baby and it’s time to drop them!
Congratulations on your angel baby!

2 Likes

Just wait til baby is born and tell everyone “Surprise!”

5 Likes

Not really anyone elses business. And announce as soon as you’d like. If I get pregnant again, I’ll announce early because after loss I’ll need all the support I can get.

1 Like

Don’t tell anyone until your second trimester and when u start to show just to be safe dear I also lost my baby and I know that feeling

1 Like

Do whatever you want to do, but in my experience. I wish I waited until about 14weeks to announce it, but if you want to announce sooner do whatever makes you happy. I had a miscarriage with my first and I didn’t want to say anything until I was after 12weeks (safe zone) with my second and ended up bleeding at 13. Luckily it was fine and I carried to term. But I told my dad at 9weeks bc the father told his mom before I was ready and felt obligated. Looking back, I should have went with what I was comfortable with. Just do what you’re comfortable with and don’t worry about anyone else. I was 18 with my first and 20 with my second that went full term and is a healthy 10 year old now.

4 Likes

Don’t live your life to please others. Do what makes YOU happy! :slight_smile: People will always judge

9 Likes

I’d wait just in case the worst happens again… that is what killed near most is telling everyone that I had another miscarriage… and you’ll have more time to be okay with hopefully having a rainbow baby!!! Good luck!!!

3 Likes

Since your married, this should be something that should be talked about… You’re not single.

1 Like

You can wait as long as you feel that you need too, you don’t owe anyone anything. Congratulations & God bless you and your baby on the way💕

3 Likes

I’d wait until your 1st scan lovely, im sorry for your loss :pensive: xx

I would probably wait until I hit the 20 week mark to tell everyone, just to make sure I wasn’t going to miscarry again or have complications as I wouldn’t want to have everyone get excited and have a repeat of the sadness of the last miscarriage (I am SO sorry you and your family went through that!) But ultimately it is totally your choice on when you tell them. I’m sure they will be overjoyed at you being pregnant! Babies are such a joy, congratulations on the pregnancy! I’ll be thinking super good thoughts for you! :heart:

If you are happy, f**k what people say.

1 Like

Your the one pregnant and your the one raising the baby yourself, I wouldent give a shit what family or anyone thought about in my life choices, and if they are negative you have a right to ignore or walk away from that.

2 Likes

Who cares what every one else says

2 Likes

The best lesson I have learned so far.

6 Likes

Just concern yourself w/what makes u happy. Dont worry about what others may or naynot think. Its yours & your husbands gift from above. Celebrate it

4 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum! How do I tell people that I am pregnant? - Mamas Uncut

Of course you’re not wrong! If this is something you want then by all means. I had a miscarriage before I had my daughter, and a couple months later I was pregnant again. Of course I told my partner but this time I waited for my doctors appointment to see the ultrasound and hear the heartbeat, just so I knew everything was going smoothly before I told my mom. Around 12 weeks. I would at least tell your husband, and once things move farther along then tell your close family, and really whoever you want. It’s up to you if you want people to know or not, I’m just saying since you’ll all be living together I would notify them. Plus I’m sure they’ll be so excited too! As for telling others… there’s lots of ways! Take a photo of the ultrasound with pets, with a sign board of the due date, with a pair of baby shoes or pacifier. You can just call them and tell them, have lunch. I’m sure everyone will be excited for you, I’m not sure why anyone wouldn’t be. Congratulations! :heart:

1 Like

If people make you feel shame for being pregnant get rid of them! They are not the type of people you want around you and your baby. Congratulations!

32 Likes

A friend went through this. She waited too 2nd semester to tell people for her rainbow baby. But I’m telling you. Everyone will be happy for you. If they aren’t, drop them

31 Likes

Never apologize for God’s gift. I miscarried my second baby at 16 weeks and excuses are not necessary as my obg told me, God is in charge not us or anyone else.

8 Likes

Congratulations! What a joyous surprise :heart:. Enjoy every moment and revel n every bit of your pregnancy.
Don’t worry about what others think or their feelings regarding your newest family member. this isn’t about others think it is about you and your husband and new baby! Enjoy it all!

3 Likes

As long as you’re happy and healthy, don’t mind what others think :heart: hoping for a safe pregnancy for you and your little one. Congratulations!

3 Likes

The important thing right now is you and your rainbow baby. Tell people whenever you’re comfortable with them knowing. This is a wonderful thing, don’t worry about what anyone else might think.

All that matters is that you’re happy, and excited to be a mom. I know it’s so scary, but you don’t have to tell anyone right away. Tell them when YOU are ready. Until then, just do your best to enjoy every single moment :two_hearts: congratulations, mama :purple_heart:

2 Likes

You don’t owe anyone an exclamation, only God! Trust God in decisions you make in life, an pray for a great pregnancy an a healthy baby! Be Blessed!

1 Like

Fuck what anyone has to say, if you are happy THAT is what counts. Dont let anyone rain on your parade. Enjoy your moment the way you want to and ignore any negativity from others. Congrats momma on the new little one coming into your life!

1 Like

The type of person who would react negatively to me being pregnant would not know me for a second longer. I’d cut that toxicity out of my life so fast

3 Likes

Screw the people that aren’t happy for you. Surround yourself with positive people. Babies are a blessing

1 Like

This IS your life though! Live for you and your happiness, not according to what someone else things you should do.

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with celebrating early if that’s what you want to do. If your pregnancy makes you want to shout it from the roof tops at 6 weeks then go for it :blush:
A lot of people wait until after 12 weeks given majority of loss happens in those first 12. My first miscarriage was at 9 weeks and I have since gone on to have a beautiful baby girl. Try not to dwell on the what ifs and enjoy this pregnancy

2 Likes

They way I look at it is this: are the people you want to tell financially responsible for you and your child(ren)? No, they are not. You are a full grown adult that is married and I’m assuming financially stable. If anyone has a problem with that, leave them. You honestly don’t need that negativity in your life.

2 Likes

The most important thing is that you and your husband are happy about being pregnant and looking forward to meeting your new addition. Don’t worry about what others think as that will cause unnecessary stress. Enjoy every minute of it. This is your rainbow baby. You tell people when are ready. Enjoy your new chapter and blessing x

2 Likes

To ask OTHERS whether it makes YOU happy or is what YOU want is very odd to say the least. Buy non residential to provide your children with more outdoor activities away from the danger of vehicles and people.

Is there some reason that you and spouse live with your parents and are buying a house with them ? It sounds like you left something out that may explain why some may not be happy you are pregnant. Even if you are handicapped, as long the four of you work together to raise the baby, it’s not their business anyway. So as long as your group is happy, piss on the rest of them.

1 Like

Who cares what other people think or say? Don’t waste your energy worrying about pointless stuff like that. Just take care of yourself. Your pregnancy will become evident in time so no need to even say anything if it worries you so much.

1 Like

Congratulations!
Look very closely into the mirror. Now ask yourself; who’s happiness should I be worried about. I’m pretty sure the answer will be staring you in the face!? I would follow my gut on who gets the privilege of knowing my secret :shushing_face:

Dont say anything until 12 weeks then you may feel better or just tell mum dad and your partner

1 Like

Why feel ashamed? Its a miracle you miscarriaged and then pregnant again! Its a blessing!

1 Like

A baby is precious gift and yes it can be scary but u can do this. people will be happy for you and those who are not thats there issue. You enjoy and tell people when your ready. Enjoy this is your journey you make the rules.

1 Like

I say congrats and screw what the negative Nancy’s say or think. But im one of those paranoid ones that since you recently had a miscarriage, I myself would wait until the first trimester is over before telling anyone. Just my personal opinion.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what it is, your life. Maybe the ones you think won’t be happy for you are instead afraid for you because of the miscarriage and don’t want to see you hurt again. Many women who have miscarried wait until the beginning of the second trimester to announce the good news. Congratulations. Prayers for a healthy and happy baby.:two_hearts:

Since you had one miscarriage I would
Wait a while before telling anyone.

1 Like

It is you life and not theirs. People will always have something to say some positive/some negative. If you feel like waiting to share your news until your second semester it may make you feel more comfortable/less stressful during your delicate situation. I want to say best wishes & cogratulations to you/your family.

Don’t let anyone make u feel bad… if they do its something wrong with them not you im so sorry for your loss but congrats on your new baby;)

You don’t owe anyone an explanation. Enjoy your pregnancy. It’s a gift from God.

Just tell them…but if you cannot do it in words don’t worry much anyway a few months later your own body will tell them.

1 Like

Your the only one that matters with being blessed with your little one on the way.Anyone who is not happy for you especially after your loss of your little angel, Don’t deserve to be in your life, Congratulations and don’t stress over anyone’s thoughts.:heart::heart:

1 Like

Honey, there are going to be haters in every single aspect of your life. Dont let their opinions stop you from living your life the way you want to.

1 Like

Not sure if the op will see it but I’m sure it’s normal to feel super nervous! This baby is your rainbow baby and just in brace it!