How do i treat carpal tunnel during pregnancy?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

2 Likes

Hope you find some relief that is uncomfortable. I had that when I was pregnant in my one hand and they wouldn’t do injections I was so bummed but I understood why tho.

Brace at night and KT tape during the day

Watching salt intake helped me

i used heat pads in the parts i was hurting and that helped me i suffer from it and while pregnant the pain was bothersome and well i couldnt do anything for it really im more of a warm type person so the heating pad hlped the pain in my arm and wrists along with my fingures

I had really bad pain in my wrist when I was pregnant with my son, it went away right after he was born!

I was scheduled for surgery…wore a brace for a month…only took off when showered, cancelled surgery. Have been fine since. That was over 15 years ago.

Dealt w it…went away after pregnancy, thank goodness!

Magnesium!! I swear by it. I have horrible carpal tunnel in both hands and wrists and it flares bad every pregnancy. The pain keeps me up most nights. As soon as I started taking Magnesium. My pain disappeared! I saw an orthopedic doctor and neurologist, both were going to give me steroids. Instead I came home, took magnesium supplements and haven’t had the pain since

1 Like

I wore a brace on each wrist at night. Very uncomfortable. I was very happy that it went away after my pregnancy.

1 Like

Stretch hands . Hold pinky and thumb together and then stretch back out for a few repetitions… and compression … imagine a hair tie around your wrist but its super super tight… that’s what carpet tunnel is … the nerves that have to pass thru that hair tie and the muscle get pinches and that’s where pain comes in … gonna take the tension off the “hair tie”

Go to physio or massage therapy.