How do you and your spouse manage bills?

That’s why he doesn’t want a joint account then… bit selfish I think

2 Likes

Our money is our money, regardless of who made it. It’s all put together.

10 Likes

Im a sahm so he pays them all but I have access to everything whenever.

Marriage just doesnt mean crap to anyone anymore.

7 Likes

Me and my hubby has separate accounts which I’m fine with. I can still use his account but I like having separate accounts.

Everything we earn into the same pot

4 Likes

My last month’s Online earning was $14593 just by doing an easy job Online. I have joined this job about 3 months ago and in my first month i have made $12k+. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out… Read Here

===>>> https://NethomeJob572.pages.dev/

Do it together and there will never be a problem

2 Likes

We have separate accounts. I manage the bills & we both work. Everytime we get a bill i email him it & he sends me half & I pay it. All money has to be sent to be few days before bill do obv. Same with mortgage. He sends me half a week before it comes out. Then we each pay for our own gas & phone. Groceries we normally just take turns, or if im going to do a shop he hands me money to just do one big shop for the month

He being slick and he knows it. Do a joint account or let him pay the bills himself

1 Like

I would tell him if he doesn’t want a joint account fine but he’s going to pay the same as you. Why should you have to pay more? Sit him down with the bills and tell him what half of each one is.

1 Like

We both work and have separate accounts. We divide the bills so no one is transferring money to the other person. Works for us.

2 Likes

Personally, I think that’s ridiculous! Should have a joint account if you’re married and pay bills together :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

We’re talking about marriage here aren’t we? The money should be joint right up front.

5 Likes

I manage the bills & have access to his account so I transfer and or pay things from his account to mine.

1 Like

We grown so we just pay what is due we both work so all the income is shared we do what we want after bills we dont aruge over money we see something needs paid or we need something we just do it :orange_heart: money is the root of all evil

4 Likes

My hubs and I have our own accounts and a joint account. We both put in a fixed amount per fortnight and that takes care of bill and savings. Whatever’s left in our own accounts is for hobbies, gifts for each other and wants. Works for us

2 Likes

You own have your personal accounts that your wages go in and personal stuff goes out of, then a joint account that you both put the same amount in each month that rent/mortgage and all bills and food comes out of. What’s left in your personal accounts is yours to do what you want with

1 Like

If your hubby doesn’t want a joint account, maybe divide the bills. No transferring necessary… you pay certain ones and he pays the others…

5 Likes

We have a joint. He pays his bills, I pay mine, we pay house bills together

We still have seperate accounts, been together 14 yrs. He doesnt deal with the bills i have access to his banking and mine. Usually whenever the bill comes in we just pay it from what account. His money is my money and vice versa. When i get paid i pay whats due and same with his payday. We dont keep track who pays what

1 Like

Joint account, bills and expenses are paid, allow for groceries, etc., and the rest goes to joint savings. Ends up that we see it as we are a team, and that’s worked for 20 years. There have been years he made more and vice versa - it just doesn’t matter - the bills have to be paid, we both live in our home, use utilities, eat, etc. And I sit down and pay some of them, he pays others, and of course we each pay our own credit cards. For the occasional big expenses, we decide together - is it coming out of the bank account, savings, etc. It is ALL our money - not mine or his.

2 Likes

We divided who pays what. He pays rent, phone, Wi-Fi, gas in his car, some groceries in between pay days.
I pay: kids extra curriculars like tae kwon do, electric bill, school related expenses (registration, supplies, tee shirts, fun lunch- anything that pops up), main groceries, gas in my car, family activities like the zoo or whatever

Split the bills, you pay half from your account and he pays the other half. DO NOT pay any of his.

1 Like

A joint household account, set up separately from individual accounts, is always the best idea if you both work and have equitable earnings. Pay the mortgage or rent, utilities, insurance, tax and repairs from that account, then pay personal bills from your individual account.

1 Like

You don’t need a joint account to pay bills. You should pay half and he should pay half. What you pay you make the payments and what he pays he makes thr payments.

4 accounts.
We each have our own checking
1 for him - alone - personal and fun
1 for me - alone - personal and fun

1 joint checking - this pays all the BILLs

1 joint savings - (which is direct deposit / withdrawal from our checks so neither of us touch the savings at all. It’s a monthly fixed amount

We sat down figured out.
Mortage, electric, cable, supscriptions, school tuition for kids , student loans , groceries , investments , water bill and fun , ordering out food … etc

All those get paid out of both our checks which are direct deposit into joint checking / savings - fixed Amt.

Then what is left over - I get more
I am a woman so I need hair , nails and maintenance … lol
I also buy everybody’s birthday gifts. I also shop for all the house stuff decorations, etc …

Then my husband gets an amount in his checking account to spend at his discretion. 

5 Likes

We have a joint account and separate accounts. We have them all linked and can see all activity. Every pay check a certain amount from each goes into joint and bills are paid from there. Another amount goes into savings. What’s left in our separate accounts is for spending. If one of us happens to need more for something one week we discuss it and leave a little extra in one account. If something comes up where we need more, that’s where savings comes in.
I also have a separate account that I have had since my teen years that I put $100 in every paycheck. That account is for dire emergencies and will always be in my name only. I will never be without a separate account in my name only after having gone through a divorce and after watching my friends mothers get screwed during a divorce or infidelity. I watched too many women suffer to not have a separate account of my own.

1 Like

There is an actual mathematical formula to decide how much each should pay its based on percentages of income so the person whom makes more pays more cause they can afford more …here we each have our house hold Bill’s we take care of I take care of a and b he takes care of c and d. Again who pays what bill is based on percentages of income

2 Likes

He zelles me whatever I need for his part of the bills. Comes out to 60/40% about. It’s fair given the income ratio and I pay for the health insurance. No joint account. Simple

2 Likes

We have a joint account and all bills are paid from it. you can get him to add his bills to the payee and he can pay them from his account. I am a SAHM but I do before/after school care that gives me a little extra. so its his income that pays majority of the bills.

1 Like

Why doesn’t he I wouldn’t be with someone if we can’t stuff together. It’s 2022 men don’t rule

3 Likes

We have joint accounts. No separate accounts.

3 Likes

Separate acts + joint acct for bills. Split either 50/50 or if there is a big difference in pay, you each pay your pro-rata share.

1 Like

My husband and I have had a joint account since before we were married. For the first year and over the years sporadically I did not work. We both work full time now but everything we make goes together because we don’t see money as his or mine.

We have one account that everything gets deposited into. We pay our big bills on opposite weeks (car payment and rent) we sit down every payday and pay everything together. I have cashapp so I just deposit from the main account if I need something (gas, food, shopping) and he keeps the main account card (mostly because he’s better with money than I am lol) our main thing is we pay everything together. So it doesn’t matter if my check was smaller or his was…it all goes to the same acct and we make it work. I am lucky though because he is very good with money- but not to the point where he’s cheap. He is okay eating left overs and saying no to himself which is why he holds the main card. I am terrible with money- so anytime I want something I literally have to add the card to cashapp and deposit what I need which makes me less likely to spend on stupid things because of the process lol. Idk if that makes sense. But it works for us. I honestly think it depends on the person you share an account with. If you have 2 people who spend money constantly on things that aren’t important- then you’re going to drown each other. I have everything I need within reason and I don’t feel like he has more control even though some people might think that. It works for us.

We have separate accounts but also have joint account where mortgage and bills come out of! He mostly pays the bills well I pay other things. If I have extra $ after paying what I need to pay I will ask him if there’s something else I can help pay and he’ll either tell me yes or no.
We don’t keep track of who pays what. We are a team. I don’t care that we have separate accounts as long as things get paid. He spends his $ on what he wants and I on what I want, as long as the bills are paid then I don’t see an issue. We rarely if ever fight about $
We’ve been together 18 years and have always done this.

1 Like

But who is paying for most if the wedding ceremony ?..

1 Like

We have a joint because we both believe in if one doesn’t pay something it affects the other. What about a loss of job etc then who picks up and pay their bills as well then? We believed from the moment we got married that his bills are mine and mine are his.

Both our $$ goes into the same account and all our bills come out of that account. We don’t separate anything.

1 Like

Always a joint account

2 Likes

have separate personal accounts and one joint account for bills. Money gets direct deposited into joint account from personal accounts at a certain time and date every month and auto payments for bills from there.

No, I’m single never been married. I don’t plan to even get married. I just a two party income… Lol !

2 Likes

We have 2 joint accounts, one main account where both our checks are deposited and one bill account where I transfer $500 from each check every week. We don’t find it necessary to keep our money separate from each other, we both work hard for our family.

Tell him to pay bills, he’s in charge of the mortgage I’m in charge of the smaller bills. He does the grocery shopping so it kinda evens out.

We have separate accounts. I don’t want joint accounts. He’s cheap and I’m not. He doesn’t care how I spend my money but I feel like if it was joint he’d say something. Idk. But anyways we both just pay half on the mortgage, car, and then he pays the phone bill, I pay insurance. He pays internet. I pay water bill. He does make more than me so he does pay more. Also we each take care of our own personal debt, dr bills or whatever.

This is such a hard topic. You need to ask him for more if you need more. I would write it as a bill so you don’t have to ask. Asking is half the head ache. Super sorry! Money is so weird

We have a joint account and I have my pay on a card cuz if it overdrafts it would leave me broke. My income is only for the necessary things while my husband is main income.

I just got paid $9601 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $ 12348 her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less.

This is what I do… https://NethomeJob669.pages.dev/

We have separate accounts and he has all the main bills ( mortgage,car, phone, electricity,credit card) direct deposited. I pay for car insurance, storage, daycare, whatever we need. We don’t keep count of who pays more, if he needs money I’ll give it to him. I’m a better saver so I try to put money away in savings when I can.

Keep your separate accounts, but open a joint account for bills.

4 Likes

We divised how much the budget is per month and hoelw the portions worked, the big bills come out on bigger payday weeks and the little ones on the little payday weeks. I transfer what was agreed upon on payday.

My husband and I have joint accounts we pay the bills together.

We put our money together and pay everything out of that whatever is left if we use for things we need for us or the kids.Whatever is left from that we just tell each other if we want something and see if we can afford.We never argue over money not once…We both agreed that we our a team and we’re both equal so it doesn’t matter who makes more money. Because it’s not mine or his it’s OURS …

3 Likes

We each have our personal account and one joint for bills. His account is for his things, gas, lunch and whatever’s. Mine is for my whatever’s. But joint account is bills and food. It don’t matter who puts in more it’s joint bills. If he wasn’t here I would pay everything myself and Vice versa so we live as one to pay everything. That’s what partners do, we work the home together, that’s marriage. And never play the game of who contributes more. Having a life together is more important than money.

I just got paid $9601 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $ 12348 her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less.

This is what I do… https://NethomeJob690.pages.dev/

For some reason maybe he doesn’t want you to know what he actually makes?! And if he insists on his own account, everything should be split equally. Add up all the bills divide it by two and you both pay that every month.

Either joint account for bills. If that doesn’t work then have him pay certain bills straight from his account and you do the same this way you aren’t paying more in the end or the one having to do it all

I don’t my husband does. Bill stuff stresses me out and he knows it so he handles it.

My husband has set up direct deposit for a majority of his check to go my account (he makes a lot more $$ than I do). I pay the household bills, groceries, etc. with my account. He has a couple bills that come out of his account with the rest of his check. We both have $ left to do whatever we want separately or together.

My husband and I have separate accounts, he pays all the bills, but I pay for all the gas, groceries and shopping for the house and my personal bills.

4 Likes

Separate accounts . I won’t do joint however we have one joint but it’s only for the house payment. He put his half in I pun mine in and pay it. Nothing else goes in it. If you an at home mom try to get a job even part time so u have cash. Men like to control a female if they can.

2 Likes

Yeah he transfers money to me. I have no problem with it.

1 Like

My husband and I have 4 accounts one that we both deposit money to that is for all bills, food and other things needed around the house. A 2nd one that is our home savings and emergency then we each have our own personal account for our own use and needs. This has saved us from many arguments and headaches.

7 Likes

Joint - everything goes in here to pay all the bills

Then we each transfer money to our personal we agree on an amount to transfer ( it’s equal)

I am in charge of paying the bills in my house. We don’t have many but my boyfriend is autistic and not good with money so I use both cards to pay them. I am his payee as we are disabled, but I make sure bills are paid before I give him any spending money and it works great

Currently we have separate accounts but we split the bills down the middle. Like he might pay the bigger stuff like car insurance and electricity and I’d pay smaller bills but I pay more than he does, and whatever the kids need, we go even on, even though only one of my kids is his…

1 Like

This isn’t a fair question IMO because several factors could come into play.

1 Like

We both have a joint account and separate savings but we have access to all accounts if needed. Especially the kids savings accounts.

We have one account. Everything goes into it. Everything is paid out of it.

It’s not about who makes what, it’s about a joint journey. We both contribute everything we have to one life together, one journey. Once all the bills are paid & all the necessities are bought, what’s left is savings. If one or the other needs something, or just wants something, as long as there’s money in the account to buy it, then it’s bought. If it’s a large purchase, we discuss it first.

There’s no room in a trusting relationship for pettiness. Everything I am and all I have belongs to my life partner, and it’s the same for him. We build each other up, we support each other, and we trust each other.

That’s what works for us, and has for the past 37 years. Have we had issues with money from time to time? Of course. When you’re raising a family, there never seems to be enough money. Have either of us ever made purchases we shouldn’t have without discussing them first? Of course we have. That’s how you live and learn … from mistakes. But I’m glad I’ve had my partner to share this life with, and I wouldn’t want to live and learn with anybody else in the world.

All that being said, I say so whatever makes you happy. If you’re both happy with separate accounts, and that works for you, that’s great!

3 Likes

Separate accounts and he pays the big ones. I pay car, rental insurance, the phone bill and a few other small things. We don’t make any large purchases without talking first, unless it is a gift for the other person.

1 Like

He’s getting over on you so why would he want a joint account :woman_shrugging:t4:…we have a joint account all of our money goes into… I keep track and pay bills

We have individual accounts and then a joint bill account. Our bills are divided by percentage earned so we each contribute the same percentage of our paychecks. It’s set up to automatically draft into the joint account on payday and the leftover goes into our personal accounts. This system works GREAT for us!

1 Like

My husband pays all the bills and I buy everything we need for the house

1 Like

We have 1 account. Joint. All the money goes in, all the money gets spent :rofl: I couldn’t imagine not trusting my husband enough to not have a joint account.

I have been married 22 years but only worked about 10 yrs due to some health issues. But we have always had just one account and all bills are paid from it and I spend what I want ( lucky for him I’m not much of a shopper ) but couple should do what works for them .

We have 2 accounts. 1 for bills and 1 for spending money. We split all the spending available each week.

1 Like

set a budget, then say you need to deposit x amount each check, get it auto deposited. then pay the bills.

1 Like

We started dating and pretty soon it was “our” everything and still is 7 years later. I cant imagine it working for us any other way.

1 Like

We have separate accounts, but he puts in x amount of dollars in my account every pay day so I can pay bills.

My husband and I have separate accounts but we split everything. We’ve been married almost 2 years and it’s been working so far

We always had a joint account. He only worked half the time we were married so j paid most of the bills. If your paying more, he needs to transfer more money for you to pay the bills, or you need to turf some bills to him to pay.

My husband owns a business so everything non business related goes into a joint account (our bill account) so anything outside of fuel, truck payment for work, insurance, tools and his cell phone . I have my own account because i have other things i need to pay like a car payment/insurance/cellphone and for whatever else i want. We split rent and utilities and then he put’s in other money for credit cards, his atv & things like that but it works for us!

We have separate accounts but the bills come from mine. He gives me about 2/3 of the bills, I put the rest in