How do you get over a breakup?

How do you get over a break up? I have 3 kids with my now ex. Our youngest is 1 month old. I had my tubes tied so it is wearing me down. I thought I was going to marry this guy. It took him a year to tell me he has no care or love for me, his words.

76 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How do you get over a breakup? - #2 by AnonymousMama - Mamas Uncut

Time. I separated from my husband 12 months ago and I am just feeling human again. I am focusing on the kids and myself. I’m studying a course I love. Hugs. It does get easier and I have shed a lot of tears

5 Likes

You don’t. There is no such thing as closure. I’m still carrying the torch since 1965; &, so is he.

3 Likes

Took me a year, hang in there mama. Your baby’s need you

Use the hurt as fuel to succeed in life. Focus on yourself and your children.

13 Likes

So sorry. Prayer and faith that God has a plan for you and your babies.
Vitamin D3 is a natural antidepressant. It may help. Ask your Dr for a Vitamin Panel. I gave my husband 2 a day when he started talking about suicide and a few weeks later he was laughing and enjoying the grandkids. He was forced to retire and he was diagnosed disabled with his arthritis.
God bless.

1 Like

Hold your head high, set that crown on and do your thing Mama. You got this and will be better off for it, :wink:

1 Like

Time and maintaining proper boundaries… Never slip back into even just benefits… It’ll delete all progress

6 Likes

Sounds like he knew he didn’t want to be with you since before he even got you pregnant this last time. Screw him.
Don’t be pining after him. Get pissed off.

6 Likes

Focus on yourself and your kids

1 Like

Idk. I’m 4yrs in and still haven’t wanted to be with anyone else. Just sucks.

1 Like

It takes time and honesty most of the time you have to make your own closure. I also have 3 kids with my ex. But our 3rd baby was not born yet. He almost killed me. Our oldest is almost 4. And now the unborn baby is 7 months old and thriving. Sometimes you never get your questions answered so you just gotta eventually make it yourself. You are better then him and you will keep living for your babies I promise you.

2 Likes

It sucks, it really does. My kids dad left when I was 10 weeks pregnant with our second. It hurt for a long while, but I focused in on my babies and making sure they had everything they needed.

You deserve better.
Focus on them babies and put him in the rear view…

4 Likes

It’s his loss not yours,be strong for your kids,focus on them ,GoD will provide,He will send instruments to get you through it all,God bless you and your kids

3 Likes

Therapy and/or grief counseling for the death of your relationship.

You hold yourself up as best you can, you were blindsided, you didn’t see this coming, a lot of time it’s hard to get over people, but you have to move on to heal, if you can, get you a short trade or skill to fall back on, you will meet other people, an budget everything, do not let him back in, no matter what, an do not let the children see any new relationships, so he don’t know your business, it’s hard, but you must move on slowly. Read the Psalms when kids are sleep until you find the one that fits your situation.

If they don’t love you at 3-6 months in it will never happen. Only exception is those with previous trauma. Don’t get invested after this length of time, move on.

3 Likes

Best way for break-up,to get over a man get under another man

14 Likes

The only way over it is through. Feel the feelings. Be sad. But also know just because he doesn’t want you doesn’t mean you arent worthy of great big love. This takes nothing from you. It’s opening the door for new things, new love a new life. Believe that you’ll be ok. Big hugs.

19 Likes

Put one foot in front of the other. In the beginning, each day sucks. Slog through them. Because one day, out of the blue, you will have a good day. The day after that will suck. Keep going. Because you will have another good day. It is important to fully enjoy the good days when they come. Soon, the good days will outnumber the bad ones, which will make it easier to deal with the ever-decreasing bad days. You will come out on the other side. Take it from someone who’s been there more than once. :heart:

Time and take things day by day. Focus on you and the babies and it’s gonna be a long and emotional road but it will be better with time. Do things with the kids and find things that make you happy as well.

1 Like

No easy answer. It will always hurt. You just get through it. You have your beautiful babies to keep you company. Enjoy them. Go get the legal stuff taken care of asap.

1 Like

Take care of your babies and yourself and do so with a grateful heart,this could have went so wrong! Build a life you can be proud of, a peaceful life :pray::heart:

3 Likes

Focus on you and the kids DON’T be thinking of other men

3 Likes

Take time to focus on you and your kids. Just keep looking forward.things can and will get better.

1 Like

You focus on what u need to do now! Dont settle in sadville!! Its absolutely ok to mourn the loss but dont let it take over…u need to reassure those small one that u got this and everything will be ok weather u believe it or not they absolutely need to know everything will be ok!!

Take it one day at a time. Know that you are worth love to someone, someone is out there for you. Focus on being the best Mom to your kids. Memories will always be there of him in it, but make new memories, with new people. Take it one day at a time. Get rid of anything physically that you can that reminds you of him, except for the kids of course lol. It’s going to hurt for awhile, especially if you loved him.

2 Likes

You focus on yourself and your kids. Go back to school. Better yourself for you AND them. You take care of yourself. Heal. Grow. You have every possibility and opportunity in front of you. “Can’t” is a word that never belongs in your vocabulary. You CAN do it and you SHOULD do it. Your sweetest revenge is going to be you doing amazing.

l get paid over $120 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $15303 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Details HERE… https://Dollarjobzsign13.surge.sh

So what your saying is he just used you as a baby factory what kind of man does that and what kind of man tells there lady that he has no care or love for you it takes time to get over break ups like that just take it one day at a time I bet you find somebody better anyways good luck