How do you get your babies to eat more?

How do y’all get your babies to eat more than fruit purées, pouches and puffs? :tired_face: I couldn’t start with BLW since my son has CP so we started with purées. He has always hated 99% of veggie purées. Loves most fruit purées. He’s a total puff fiend. But it’s been a challenge getting him to expand. Occasionally (& by that I mean like once or twice lol) he’s eaten broccoli, rice, carrots, egg noodles, pasta with marinara sauce. I keep introducing and offering different foods but he rejects them the vast majority of the time. I know to just keep offering and offering but he truly seems to hate flavors that aren’t sweet or many textures. Any advice?

3 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How do you get your babies to eat more?

If he isn’t a year old, breast milk or formula is still there main source of nutrition.

My son didn’t like anything unless it was sweet and now he eats everything. He went from only sweets to anything in less than a month….

I used to mix stuff up together to help add sweetness.

1 Like

Mix the veggies with other food like sweet potatoes with carrots , my kids loved broccoli cheese rice , depends how old baby is too if under a year it’s not such a big deal since formula or breast milk is primary source of nutrition.
BM and formula are both a bit sweet so it’s normal for them to prefer sweet foods
You can also add BM or formula to the veggies to help with them eating it

1 Like

It takes like 15 (I think, but not certain on the exact number) exposures for a kid to accept a new food. So just keep offering but not pushing.

1 Like

Eventually your child will find something else to like. Some kids it just takes a bit longer. Be patient.

i am earning every day more than $ 500 from home by work online. Yesterday i got my 4th payment of $ 13957. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 14489 a month doing this and she convinced me to try

info Here >>> https://USA-HugeDollars97.pages.dev

Mix it with something sweet and bananas mask just about everything.

If he’s having trouble say something to the pediatrician. My son had texture isssues and now is in speech. It’s amazing how your mouth and tongue can affect so much!

i am earning every day more than $ 500 from home by work online. Yesterday i got my 4th payment of $ 13140. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 14597 a month doing this and she convinced me to try

info Here >>> https://NethomeJob12.pages.dev/

Mine hated purees other than fruit. However was fine with lumpy textures and regular food. If he’s eaten pasta with marinara, I’m assuming he’s at an eating stage where you need to ditch purees and give proper foods. It’s not a surprise he hates texture when you’ve been pureeing everything! Just keep trying and don’t give him sweet things first as it can make the brain think you’re full apparently. Less puffs. Start giving meals and proper snacks like soft fruits (cut grapes in half) with cubes of cheese. Try cutting things differently. Cucumber cubes or sticks or slices. Try adding new foods slowly so you can watch for allergies. Depending on age, consider giving him the same dinner as you cut up. Just be careful about salt content.

i am earning every day more than $ 500 from home by work online. Yesterday i got my 4th payment of $ 13140. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 14597 a month doing this and she convinced me to try

info Here >>> https://NethomeJob41.pages.dev/

Any advice for a toddler that pukes every time we try to feed him solids? He can’t even eat the stage 3 Gerber baby food. I’ve gotten him to eat very mashed up banana but thats about it. I don’t know what to do.