How do you keep your house clean as a stay at home mom?

I’m a off and on stay at home mom. Sometimes I pick up serving jobs sometimes I just stay home I don’t have to work except when I want to. My husband works full time and pays all the bills. I cook, clean and take care of the kids. Basically I was wondering what tips you mom’s have for keeping a clean house? My house is not gross in anyway I’ve just always had a hard time keeping it to the clean standard like most people. Do you make a list and follow it daily? Deep clean certain parts of the house certain days? What keeps your house clean without overwhelming you? I feel like a lot of the time I’m stressing if my house is clean enough or not lol. No negative comments please I’m just a mom looking for advice from other moms. Again before I get attacked let me repeat my house is not gross or hazardous in anyway lol just looking for tips to improve. Thank you!

6 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Does anyone dislike being a mother?

I just have a routine.
I vacuum 3x a week on specific days. I pick up toys from the day at lunch and before bed. I mop once a week, spot clean between mopping.
Kitchen I clean every night before bed and I make sure the sink is empty every night. Sometimes I just stack the dishes on the counter throughout the day and do 1 full kitchen and dish clean at night vs multiple after every meal.
Designate a playroom so that most of the kids messes stay there, sometimes out of sign out of mind is nice.
I do a full playroom tidy and clean maybe once a week.

2 Likes

I make a daily to do list and highlight each thing when done. I get overwhelmed and get nothing done if I don’t make a list.

1 Like

I’m a sahm. I have two teens in school and two under 4 who aren’t in school yet.
I do the dinner dishes as I cook and I do the plates after I eat. I sweep/vaccum early in the day while the young ones eat breakfast. I grab a laundry basket a day. I wash the floors when the young ones have a nap. Everytime I have to pee, I clean something in the bathroon lol. Also, if there’s deep cleaning ( once a month I do the door frames, baseboards, walls etc) I do those when they nap. All my cleaning is done on a daily basis. I play and teach the babies in between each chore

1 Like

I have six kids so as you can imagine my house gets messy sometimes. My routine is to get up at least 2 hours before my kids do in the morning and clean the whole house as the day goes on I try to stay on top of my other ones to pick up after themselves and I stay on top of picking up after the little ones. Also before bed I make all the kids do a clean up time. They have to pick all their toys up.

1 Like

Usually everyday I will tidy up/ wipe down the usual living room, toys and bedroom. And then I’ll pick one day of the week to do my errands and one day to deep clean especially in the bathroom and kitchen. I only have one child and hubby also helps so that’s what works for us.

1 Like

I clean what I can the rest waits till tomorrow. Kitchen, living room and bathrooms I maintain regularly. I have an 11 & 3 yr old. One day there won’t be toys or enormous amounts of dirty dishes everywhere. Enjoy the kids and the time home. It’s okay if your house looks like your kids live there :heart: