How do you know it's time to end a relationship?

Would you break up your family because you were unhappy with your sex life?
*ive tried to make it better and it’s just not fixable, hes perfectly content with how things are. I’m not saying i am or would, just curious what others would do.

31 Likes

Having the same issue. It hurts, and makes you question your marriage and commitment for sure. Unfortunately, if you’ve voiced your feelings and nothing changes, all you can do is decide if you can live with things how they are. I love my husband dearly, but I am sad that he won’t try to fix the issue for me. Sex is incredibly important, and when your needs aren’t being met for so long, your feelings start to change. I’m not ready to give up, but like you, I’m not sure if I can deal with it for the rest of my life. If the situation was reversed, I’d do ANYTHING to figure out the issue and make sure his needs were being met.

8 Likes

My bf of 3 months is very stubborn sexually and I would love more but I love him and am just grateful I am with him

9 Likes

Honestly I think if it got turned into an actual issue then it could very well contribute vastly to that. Sex is by no means the most important part of a relationship but I do think it’s a very important part in a marriage. Healthy sex life can make a big difference in a relationship.

8 Likes

My hubby drives a truck and we have 2 very active kids…hes not home much …so no I wouldn’t…theres more to life than sex

11 Likes

I honestly don’t know …makes me think if my husband was in an accident and couldn’t “perform” at all would I leave ?
We agreed “for better or worse” so to me that falls under that promise and commitment. I love him for more than his :eggplant: and abilities.

12 Likes

Tell your husband the problem, tell him you are not climaxing… Communication is key ladies. Talk to your man (while being intimate) tell him what feels good and what you like. Explore new ways to please each other … But VOICE your issue to HIM. It really helped my marriage… It’s what helped us and our sex life is amazing now!!!

5 Likes

No, but if so you should work on your relationship (find time to be together, make your so feel unique,…)

1 Like

If you haven’t already, I’d look at potential why’s. Low testosterone, depression, stress, lack of exercise, and maybe some other underlying causes. I know badgering anyone about something, male or female, leads to a more defensive behavior. Maybe see if he’d be interested in talking to someone with you as a first step. It may also be that you happen to have a man who’s just not overly interested in sex.

8 Likes

Theres so many thing that go into a happy sex life. 99% of which are fixable.

4 Likes

No if i need to get off i have toys for that. I enjoy the life i have not gonna screw it up bc of a sex issue.

3 Likes

I am 61 years old. I am alone. I have learned the hard way that just because your sex life isn’t what you want it to be, busting up family is not the answer. It must have been good in the beginning right? It gets old with every partner once the pheromones wear off. If you’re with the parent of your children and sex is your issue then there are options. Communication is vital. Fight for your relationship. Being alone has advantages but I wish the father of my children and I would have fought for us. At the end of the day sex is not everything.

13 Likes

Sex comes and goes. The less you have the better it is honestly.

I would talk about it, my husband and I didn’t realize there was a problem going on and it caused more problems. Once we talked about it and I got off my sex binge we were good. Depression and being tired do play into it

3 Likes

Sex is NOT a necessity. You do not have to have sex to be happy. Idk why people think they need to. You have hands and toys at your disposal. Use them :person_tipping_hand: Sometimes peoples sex drives drop and leaving someone because of that is selfish and shitty

I think if it’s a consideration there are much bigger issues at play than the sex life. Intimacy is more than sex and at the end of the day one of you could have an accident that makes sex impossible but wouldn’t take away your love and partnership. Sex is a symptom of something else, figure that out and then ask the question again.

3 Likes

Do you know how many men walk out because of this issue? It’s pretty common. Why do we accept it from them but because a lady has those needs she is selfish? :unamused:

21 Likes

Wow. Explain that to your kids. Mom… why don’t we live with daddy anymore? Well kiddos, the sex sucked. God bless if either one of you had a freak accident and was paralyzed. Would you still break up a family. Grow up

6 Likes

Spice it up a little get you some lube or somethimg that makes sex better. Maybe talk to a pure romance consultant about different stuff you can try.

Depends on if it’s the only issue. I can’t say I would on that alone, but if he knows that you’re not happy and doesn’t care, I think that speaks to something bigger

5 Likes

Why we having sex with the whole family though?

9 Likes

no ill get myself off

There are natural things you can take to increase libido. Time to spice it up. I married for forever

2 Likes

I think there are many steps you can take prior to breaking up… sex classes, toys, books, including additional partners… discussion needs to be had with your partner :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I like how there are people attacking saying grow up and stuff when you clearly said that you aren’t saying you are going to just curious as to what others would do…

No I wouldn’t personally. Peoppe do have different love languages so it can make it hard on a relationship but talking it out can always help. Things change and then change again when you are together with someone for a bit. More things would have to be going wrong for me to leave someone. Sex can can but respect and all that doesnt I have found.

3 Likes

I’m marrying my fiance for who he is not his ability or want to perform, although yes it is amazing, that’s still not everything. There are many different ways to go about changing your sex life if that’s truly all the problem there is. What’s the reasoning he won’t budge? Is there a bigger issue here? But it would be very selfish to break up a family just because someone isn’t in it for the sex anymore. If it weren’t enjoyed in the first place and it couldn’t be handled then further steps should never have been taken

1 Like

Try a sex therapist. Or sit and have a real talk about what’s wrong and how it can be fixed… also get some toys and masturbate more if all else fails. Dont leave a happy home just cuz the sex isn’t great

4 Likes

Uh no. If sex is important to you. Then it is. End of story. ‘I have an amazing sex life but you should settle obviously.’ That’s nuts. A whole life without great sex. Uh, no. Talk to him, sure, but it sounds like you already have. Try everything that’s been suggested. Try hard to fix this so you can have no regrets.

2 Likes

Everyone who’s saying grow up must have missed the part where he wouldn’t even try because he’s okay with how things are.

2 Likes

Well, I think its a complicated question. I am leaving my marriage due in part to no sex life but also due to so many other things. My husband is my friend still, but he and I have grown apart and there is no desire from either of us to try to grow closer. Most of that stemming from lies he continues to hold on to and from general selfishness and disrespect towards me. He admitted that he only married me so he wouldnt be bored or lonely. I think it is important to communicate openly what your needs are. If there is a compromise that can be made, try it out and see if it works. But I think sex is a very important aspect of the human condition. It’s hard to feel connected to someone when you are not having your base needs or desires met.

1 Like

Ummm no. I love my husband for more than his big dick. Get a toy and get more active with it if he’s uncomfortable.

1 Like

I didn’t marry her but I was gonna, until we had sex one night and I realized that I had to fake for the 2+ years we were together. Not once t
Did I get off. Sex is a HUGE thing to me. Now, I don’t know that I would break up a family because of it but I do know that I would do everythingggg to try and fix it.

3 Likes

If that’s the only issue I would work on it.

Sex is over rated if you love someone Death do you part

3 Likes

They make sex toys and just.cheat on him find u a fuck boy or.fuck girl keep telling him how u feel what u like and don’t like try threesome do new things in bed a man is going get board with the same old shit every one has this problem in life.but if u going leave him over dick then ur stupid if he treats u right and the kids and does his part out side the bed then he’s a good man sex is not the important thing in life at some point in life u get to old to have sex u can find a good guy to fuck u but then he is a ass to u and the kids it’s ur life u do what u want

Im just laughing at how many people cant read or assume.
She clearly says shes not planning to. maybe shes been told to so shes confused and seeing if this is normal? Or just looking to see why others would. My gosh… you all need to grow up

1 Like

My husband was ill the last 4 years before he passed. I was aggravated he never tried to satisfy me then but accepted it. It was part of life until death we did part. Give him back I will accept celibate.

2 Likes

I’d try to work it out. If you’re still unsatisfied after trying to work it out, do what you need to. :woman_shrugging:t2: Men leave for the same reason and people don’t say shit :unamused: for everyone saying no, it must be nice to be satisfied 100% of the time :roll_eyes:

Never settle with mediocre

1 Like

Thats what they have dildos for :person_tipping_hand: breakin up a family because of sex is petty!

7 Likes

As someone with a major hormone imbalance, no. I wouldn’t. I have no sex drive. My husband understands and loves me just the same. Who’s to say your guy doesn’t have hormone issues too? If his health was bad and he couldn’t perform, would you leave? To me, that just says you don’t really love him. :woman_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

I heard a line in a song that I haven’t been able to get out of my head for weeks. “Pick up your sword and fight for love”. What happened to the days when people believed in something and fought for it. Marriage isn’t about what you get from it. It’s not about you. It’s not 50/50. It’s 100/100. And when your partner can’t give 100, well you’ve got him covered and vise versa. How long have you been married? So many people give up after 10 years or less. If you are married for life, roughly 50-80 years depending on when you married, 10 years or less really is just the beginning. You haven’t even given it a chance to fall down and get back up. How will you ever know how strong it is if you don’t give your marriage a chance to fight.

2 Likes

I would. If someone gave up trying and making effort then you are now in a stagnant relationships

1 Like

How would you feel if your husband wanted a divorce because you didn’t put out enough

3 Likes

No.

Communication. Adapt. Compromise.

2 Likes

Sex problems are fixable, but BOTH partners have to be willing to fix the problem. Someone not being willing to try would bother me far more than the actual issue. If he won’t try, then there isn’t much point.

1 Like

That was a factor in my divorce…

1 Like

not worth breaking up the family. you would inevitably be hurting your kids…because you aren’t happy with your sex life…
that’s not cool…

2 Likes

Thats what toys are for. Spice it up!

2 Likes

Absolutely. A healthy sex life is extremely important to me in a relationship. If he gave up on something I consider important (no matter what it is), then as far as I’m concerned he has given up on doing things to make me happy. I would break up my family for my happiness. It’s more important for my children to see their parents be happy then for them to stay together and not be happy. And I feel extremely bad for you all that would stay in an unhappy relationship just because you have children. That is a sad life to live.

3 Likes

Been there done that. I lived with it for 28 yrs. He just recently passed await in Feb. I learned to love and live without that part. Its not for everyone but i was content with his hugs and kisses

3 Likes

To all the people saying sex isn’t important enough to leave… Yes it’s true that your love should be enough to make you want to stay, but sex is an extremely important way of connecting with your spouse. You can’t just write it off like it’s not. Because it is. And along with that, you have needs. You deserve to feel good. If he gets to have sex whenever he wants, then his needs are being met. But yours are not. And that’s not okay, because eventually you may start seeking that attention elsewhere. You BOTH have to be on board to fix this problem. Forcing someone to have sex with you isn’t right, either. Good luck to you.

Apart from the sex how is the relationship? Do you still love him? Do you still want to be with him? Talk to him tell him how you are feeling, hopefully he will tell you what’s up with him, try councilling if nothing works then it’s better to walk away

This is what I was taught growing up… don’t marry for money or sex… they both won’t matter when you are older. I married my best friend. Cause having someone to love and trust and enjoy their company is what matters truly. I love sex with my husband. But if we were to never have sex again I would be ok. If he wants sex I am ok with that too.

1 Like

You don’t love him. Love is sacrificial.

1 Like

My ego is shot from having so many kids, depression and anxiety but I still please the hubby because he makes me happy in so many different ways that I know this simple thing (sex) makes him happy. We dont fuck like jack rabbits anymore but we still get down. I would NEVER, EVER break up my family because of sex. Now if this something where you or him need it a lot during the week than maybe some canceling and compromising each other’s needs in other ways.

I believe this is true.

2 Likes

I’m curious on how you brought it and what you asked/said to him. If you didn’t come right out and say you were unhappy with it and wanted to try different things or more of something/more often. If you just asked if he was happy with your sex life he might have assumed you were just asking if he was unhappy with your performance during sex and said no he likes it because he didn’t want to make you feel like he doesn’t like sex with you. Sit him down and tell him how you feel and ask him if you can try changing it up and see how that goes. If that doesn’t help initiate sex, start doing the things you want during sex or asking for what it is you want him to do. I doubt he’ll say no!

Sex is a huge factor. I would break up a relationship with no regrets if the sex was horrible and not salvageable.

Lmao sorry kids , daddy’s D game was whack :person_tipping_hand:

2 Likes