How do you mamas find time to work out?

How do you mamas find time to work out every day? I’ve been trying so hard but I can’t be consistent! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
23 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/how-do-you-mamas-find-time-to-work-out/12426

Mornings before kids wake up.

1 Like

I’m at the gym by 6 home by 7 to tag out my wife. So I can get ready for work and tend to the kiddos.

You make time for what’s important to you. It’s like anything else. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I work out with my kids most days!:woman_shrugging:

I started with just 10 min per day. Most of the time, it’s the hardest just to start. So sometimes I would only do 10 minutes and others I would do longer. Starting is the hardest part but you can do anything for ten minutes even if it’s just stretching in front of the tv.

Before the kids get up

1 Like

You have to make time if it’s that important to you. I work full time, have 3 kids a husband who also works and go to school and still make time for the gym :woman_shrugging:t3:

I found by finding a way to include my lil ones it was easier for me to work out at home of course

1 Like

Wake up before the kids do.

I go at either 5 or 6 am before my husband has to leave for work and while all three kids are still asleep otherwise it would be practically impossible. Gotta make time for you because no one else will!

I wake up at 4am. Do it before everyone is up.

I take my kids for a walk around the block it seems more fun and I distract myself by enjoying the time with the kids.
At the moment it’s only every afternoon a week around the block but I will make it a bigger walk when I build up to it

1 Like

Forgot to add, I push my youngest on her bike and 2 eldest ride their bikes

I don’t do the gym anymore. I do everything at home now. Usually my kid’s like to join me. I have an exercise bike. I do 1-2 miles on that. And I do 30 minutes of cardio. I just find one on YouTube. Or I go for a walk with my kid’s in the evening. It gets some of their energy out before bed. It can also be playing outside with your kid’s too. There’s a million thing’s you can do to workout! Even cleaning. Depending on what you’re doing to clean. It’s very possible to get it in.

Even if you can not be constant, Every little bit helps. You don’t realize how much your regular duties help. You have an upstairs? That is exercise. Sitting feeding the baby, do your leg lifts. A regime is not really necessary when you have a baby.

I put aside an hour n half 4-5 days a week to walk

Set realistic goals for yourself. Working out everyday may not be realistic. I have 3 kids 4 and under. I get 3 or 4 workouts in a week. Each for 30 mins.
I usually do it during nap time or I just include the kids in it.

I workout at home, generally always around the same time to keep routine. Usually my daughter will try to do it with me.

Morning before kids are up. I do the treadmill at home. I only do about 30 minutes a day 3 days a week. Also my kids are a little older and love taking turns on the treadmill so if they are up when i have the energy we take turns seeing who runs the furthest. They love it.

I dont. Instead I do shower squats, skip steps when I walk up and down the stairs and stand on one leg while I wash dishes and flex my belly while I give baths. Does that count?:joy:

1 Like

I go to the gym that has a Play place/daycare. So I drop them off to have fun, and I get a workout in. Some days they’re begging to go, so that is my motivation:)

You do stuff with your children that is a workout take them in the jogging stroller on the jogging trail , if they’re old enough allow them to interact on the exercises get an exercise ball there’s a bunch of activities you can do with children under two with you and the child in the exercise ball

I have 5 kids and they go in every direction. Im working on my masters and I have a full time job. I have been paying for a gym membership I haven’t used for about a year now but I have a treadmill and a bike and I’m finding the only way I can get in my workouts is to wake up before everyone else. The rest of my day belongs to my job and my family and there isn’t time left for myself.

1 Like

I read to wake up before the kids​:thinking:🤦🤷 mine will wake up​:sob::sob::sob::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:. I tried 4/5 even 3 am n he will wake up too🤷🤦

I only have 1 baby right now, I just workout at home whenever she’s sleeping. Either nap time or bedtime

When I had extra money to spend every month I would take the kids with me to the gym in the evenings and they stay in the kid room

I’m a teacher, so during the summer I do at least 30 minutes sometime in the morning and I let my kids watch TV or sometimes they “exercise” with me. During the school year I walk laps during my recess. I’m also going to continue to workout at least 30 minutes at home in the evenings.

Do it at home let the kids jump in. You tube has lots of videos

When my kids were younger I just put them in the gyms creche for an hour or so, I was able to enjoy my workout, and the kids had fun playing

Do it during the day and just before bed. Have kids join in

I’m a single mom! I work out everyday. I do coffee make breakfast. Then my kid has 30 minutes of tablet time while I work out. Then we go for a walk together. After that shower, learning time, and lunch. I have hand weights, kettle bell, and mat. Pinterest has a ton of great quick exercises

5 Likes

I don’t workout every day. I work long hours (12 hour shifts 3-4 days a week) my husband works a ton of hours lots of mandatory OT. I commit to at least 2 times a week but aim for 3-4. Sometimes that means waking up at 4am and getting in a workout before my 12 hour shift. It’s a commitment I made to myself. I feel better with exercise and have more energy.

1 Like

Even if it’s 10 minutes I put on a fitness video and do a quick hiit sesh. Or if you can take the kids for a walk with you. Might be slower but better than nothing. And it gets them out too

You have to make it a priority. Get up early and do it before work, go on a lunch break, or do it in the evening when the kids go to bed. I workout strictly at home.

1 Like

Honestly for me I had to be real with myself. I was choosing not to make the time for it. I was to tired or the kids were going to fuss and I didn’t want to listen to it or what ever else I came up with. Once I got over my own excuses it’s been so much easier. And after a month and a half of consistency I feel a million times better and my ability to play with them is through the roof. (Full time working mom with a 2yo and 9mo)

Work out at 4 am :grimacing: my husband and I do. Then get ready for daycare drop off and work

Are you a single mother?

My fiance and I take turns who goes to the gym. He goes one day I go the next. 1hour

1 Like

I don’t lol. I will though when I’m done with school full time.

I don’t. :woman_shrugging: I’m too tired. :sob:

Make my kids ride their bikes beside me while I run.

NyQuil give to the kids :smiley:, all joking aside even for us that live it working out and eating perfect every day and gym it’s hard, make a routine and try to stick to it, and remember everyone falls off and cheats but the trick is to not give up

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/how-do-you-mamas-find-time-to-work-out/12426

Make time for your health or make time for the hospital is my new motto . I break it up. 20-25 min walk either in the morning or lunchtime. I found these free videos on YouTube such was walk with Leslie or March with Jenny Ford or the hasfit channel and make sure I do one video a day. I have a watch that counts steps and make sure I reach 10000 steps a day Atleast 6 out of 7 days a week

1 Like

I just work out with her she goes on my shoulders for zumba , lays under me so I can give her kisses for push-ups.

Find a program you love to help with accountability.

Mines up by 6am. So we make it work. I will stay up late some nights take advantage of naps on days I don’t work etc

Tell my family I can’t pour from an empty cup and go workout, every morning. My husband is perfectly capable of keeping kids alive by himself for an hour.

I work full time 5 days a week.
I try to go.right after I get off at 4
I generally jog 5-10 km then pick my kiddo up or if I can’t make that work I go after shes in bed when my hubby is home