How do you tell your kids that you are broke?

Kids dont need to know all the details. Especially a kindergartener. I didnt know my family was poor until i was much older. There are tons of back to school events that do supply giveaways. Lean on friends/family, check mom groups, talk to the school. If they ask why they cant have certain things its ok to say “mommy doesn’t have the money right now”. When my son was that age…he would touch something he’d want to “leave his scent on it” lol. Sounds weird i know, but he would “leave his scent” so we could come back for it later….often times he’d forget about it and move on. It’ll be ok.

Same struggle here Mamma, but don’t tell the kids. Start cutting down and explain whilst those things were nice to have we don’t really need them like cable television for example. Buy cheaper brand foods, tastes the same anyway. Try farmers markets for veggies, they are outrageous at the grocery. Buy farm eggs, they are actually better. School clothes, its not a bad thing to let them wear last year’s clothes if they still fit and look nice. Last but not least Don’t be afraid to ask for help. It takes a village to raise our kids sometimes.

I just come out and tell them. I don’t have shame Over times are hard and I have missed a lot of work due to pregnancy issues and other things. I just tell them I don’t have the money

1 Like

You don’t tell your kids. You do what you got to do and explain the transition as it comes. What can they do they are children.

Contact your church or nearest church usually they can help!! Maybe post on your Facebook if anyone has extras supplies they aren’t using to let you know. Don’t ever let your kids know when y’all are financially hurting, all they will do is worry. Just tell them it will it be alright and when you’re able to get the stuff you will! And leave it at that. Good luck with you the best!

1 Like

Contact your school’s school counselor for resources to assist you. :heartpulse: you’re being a great mom.

My daughter just turned 5 in July, we are holding off till next year for kindergarten. Most states do not require you to send kids to school till age 7. Also a lot of schools if you call the admin building/office they will give you a voucher for free uniforms. My school district does 2 uniforms, pants, shirt, sweater, socks, the entire outfit. Also post on your local FB sites. Do NOT be afraid to ask for a helping hand. It takes a village to raise children. You will be surprised how many people reach out!!!

They don’t need to know. We don’t talk money or stressors around our children. She’s starting kindergarten she does not know people buy new clothes for school. Kindergarten you don’t usually need supplies. Kids don’t need to know grown up things. So don’t tell her or talk about it around her. You think they can’t hear… Well they can

2 Likes

Apply for daycare vouchers, and work?

2 Likes

Has your husband looked into working out of town?

Just tell them.I’ve explained to mine that living isn’t free. Our house/water/electricity all cost money. And we can’t spend on random extra stuff or we won’t be able to afford the bills :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

You have to write all your bills car insurance Hulu house insurance rent lights gas anything you pay for write it down

Simply being honest with them. I’ve told my daughter (5) that sometimes we don’t have the money for snacks, fun outings etc. But just because we are short of money does not mean that we are short on love and that is the most important thing

2 Likes

Find a waitressing job. You bring home cash daily and they are usually flexible with your schedule.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t tell her.That’s to much stress for her shoulders.I would call the school and see what they can do to help.

3 Likes

DHS determines eligibility through debt to income ratio. If your debts counteract your income you will qualify. I’m sure the info for allowances for your state is on line. I was single and had to pay a crippling mortgage along with large transportation costs involving a ferry and maintaining a car. I sold anything in my home I no longer needed. I signed up for benefits and went to food banks… Whatever it took to survive minus anything illegal. I had a zero allowance for any recreation or clothing. Lived bare bones.

1 Like

Do not burden your children with that information especially at 5. Let them be kids! Go to goodwill grab a few outfits for them. Let the school know you need assistance with supplies. There should be organizations/church’s that will help you as well. Food pantries/ churches for food.
Hang in there, I was a single mom with 2 kids no support or benefits and made it work. They are 21 & 18 now and have thanked me numerous times for providing for them growing up. Little did they know it wasn’t east at all and I did these things as well.

5 Likes

Call the school and ask about the backpack program. Talk to the school counselor.

2 Likes

We shop sales and thrift stores, we recycle any clothing and supplies as much as we can. This year has been really tough on us as well and we have had to apply for assistance (and are waiting to hear if we will qualify). We are having to buy fewer groceries and make them stretch longer just as the school year has begun. I tell my child honestly that we will buy what we really need and can afford, but some things will have to wait. It’s tough, but hopefully it will be better sooner than later.

They don’t know unless you tell them!..I’m sure it bothers you more than it does her!

1 Like

Don’t discuss that with your kid. Kids stress if their parents are stressed. You simply answer “we don’t need that” if they ask for something. It’s actually going to help them throughout their lives if they learn to live with less material things. Focus on time spent vs money spent. Heck, building a tent with blankets with a 5 year old would make their whole world. Literally.

3 Likes

I don’t sugarcoat or lie to my children. They need to know life is hard and If you want better you have to be successful. Now when it comes to things like this I sit them down and explain to them that it’s just not possible right now. Yes it hurts but they understand. And they are so much grateful when they do get things now.

I don’t know where you are but have a look on local face bay pages lots of people buying clothes for their kids and not fitting so passing on to people who are struggling a little . Your kid doesn’t need to know where they’ve come from . Have a look on a page called schuh imperfects they are shoes that apparently have damage but they don’t I’ve ordered a few pairs and there’s nothing wrong with them for cheap . If you were close to me I have lots of coats etc for a 5 year old and I would even get him/her shoes . I’m in Scotland so let me know if your near by. Don’t be disheartened by it we’ve all been here . Your 5 year old I wouldn’t even mention it at that age they won’t notice and I can assure you they won’t remember xx

My mother would tell me, maybe next payday…by next payday we forgot what we were asking for :woman_shrugging:t2: if you post your school supply list, I’ll ship you some.

2 Likes

You start a penny jar with change from your few cash transactions have her keep a check book for the jar… if she wants something have her save for it…if she wants to save faster have her do little chores and bounties you have been putting off…for her it will add up quickly, for you, you will never miss a penny here and there you were going to loose anyway. She learns money value and work ethic, you catch up on “honey dooes” you have been putting off, never have to let them down.

1 Like

They understand a lot more than you think when you get down to those level and tell them we don’t have money at the moment… Sometimes getting brand new stuff is not possible all the time
Making a post on Facebook that you’re looking for her school supplies for free if anybody’s willing to give sometimes there is grateful people out there

1 Like

Just tell them. Kids understand more than you think.

1 Like

Try reapplying. Often after the first denial they will approve

Look around for programs that provide assistance. I feel like people often don’t know there’s help out there. You can get vouchers for clothes, food boxes, and help with hygiene and other things like that. Just have to know where to look. Good luck mama. None of this is easy.

Food pantries, Goodwill

One day at a time.

Contact local churches and food banks.
There are shelters that may know how to direct you to services available to those in need.

Girls are turning revamped clothes from Thrify stores into profitable businesses. No shame in buying from there.

Lots of organizations donate school supplies to those in need. All the school if they had any donated if all else fails. Often the school/ school counselor will know if resources.

It’s OK to feel overwhelmed sometimes. Lean on your support network. Know that you are not alone. You can get through this.

I have a 5 and 7 year old I tell them when we are broke but I remind them of the things to be grateful for having and how when mommy has money they continue to get new things. My kids are very understanding because I follow through but I also communicate with them. I want them to know people struggle and that’s okay.

I was denied last month because I missed the deadline by 1 day. I reapplied and approved withing 3 days. Try again

Check with local churches and community organizations. They can help with food and often provide shools supplies.

I tell my kids that we have money for everything we need but not everything we want. Even if it’s a lie. Kids don’t need to worry about adults’ money, but it’s okay to let them know that money is not infinite.

11 Likes

I tell my daughter that I have to make sure we have a roof over our head, food in the fridge and electricity first before anything else. Sometimes I have some left over to get for her. She understands.

Get in touch with school counselor. They have programs for back to school supplies… look on market place for places giving away things… cricket was giving away school supplies on s main close to dollar tree earlier… big hugs

1 Like

I was a single mom when my kids were young. I had just graduated from LPN school and back then we were very poorly paid. My kids were 5 and 6. I sat down on the floor with them and explained that there just wasn’t enough money to do all the things I needed to do for us. I needed to pay our rent and buy us food. I had to keep our car working and put gas in it so we could get where we needed to go. After that there wasn’t much left. I told them that I would be getting them clothes, shoes, and other things they needed as soon as I could, but it would have to happen as I got paid. They said they understood and I said we would work together on it. So, what I would do is buy articles of clothing from places like Dollar General Store and Family Dollar. It wasn’t brand name, but it was new. There was no Goodwill where we were. They have good deals too. I would try to get them each one article of clothing each payday. Then I would get shoes for the one who needed them most one payday, and then the other the next payday. I got school supplies from Dollar General too. They’re cheaper there. It took a little time, but they got everything they needed. We just worked together and got it done. Selling stuff on Marketplace is like pulling teeth. I tried it. Try a GoFundMe page. It works a little better. You can also get food at Dollar General. I used to buy pasta and spaghetti sauce there for a meal or two. And I would get Mac and cheese plus tuna for Tuna/ Mac. That’s a good cheap meal too. We ate pretty good. I would fix fried rice with hamburger and egg and onion. Also I would get canned veggies, hamburger, and veggie juice and make veggie soup. That’s pretty good too. Plus you can get a couple of meals out of it. We lived cheap. Soup beans and cornbread. Whatever we could do. We made it. Drank a lot of tea. Drank a lot of KoolAid. We made it though. It was pretty hard there for awhile, but we pushed through it together and came out on top!

There are places that will help you. You just need to reach out to them…clothes…school supplies…food…all that

1 Like

Good will and ask family to help out you can get part time job as well

1 Like

I’d love to purchase school supplies for walmart pick up or whatever is close to you :heart: feel free to message me!

6 Likes

Great stuff already mentioned but talk to the school abt supplies. Ours always provide everything to kids who can’t bring any other than gym shoes. Also post in your local market place asking for gently used items that anyone is willing to part with. You don’t need “new” anything for your kiddo to feel special :sparkles:

1 Like

Do you work? If not please get at least get a part time job to help your household. He shouldn’t have to work a second job if you aren’t working

4 Likes

How about trying to frame it differently… right now all of the money we have is going to pay for our home (and name the things you do have) but when we are able to have a little extra we will take you to get X. Focus on what you do have and the good vs what’s missing.

3 Likes

Honestly, as a grandparent, I have always bought the back to school clothes and supplies. If you have a family member that it would not be a burden to, I would mention that you are really struggling and could use some help with a couple of outfits, shoes and school supplies. Another option, is groups like our local Neighbors Helping Neighbors page where you can offer up items or ask for assistance. I accept donations of gently used clothing and help a lot of families the year round. Good luck.:cry:

6 Likes

You don’t explain adult issues to 5 year olds like you would a 14, 16 or 18 yr old. Reach out to your local non profits many have back to school supply drives as well as clothing, reach out to a sister (SIL) or a friend that may have a slightly older child and may have hand me downs in great condition. A child can wear 1 pr pants and one shirt and 2 shoes at any one time, and kids don’t think in abundance at that age. Think back to your childhood around age 5 and see if you remember all the cloths you got for back to school, I bet you will find that what your memory holds is not the number of cloths you receive d, but the excitement of a new school year, or that school shopping was an annual outing with a beloved grandma or aunt, but really try and take yourself back to that time, I think how you explain things to your daughter during these times will come to you easily! Keep your head up mama, you got this and we have all felt sad for similar reasons but your child will remember walking in the first day, looking back and seeing her mommy smiling and waving , not what sneakers were on their feet💗

2 Likes

I’ve had to do this many a times, including this school year. I always am just straight up about it. Mom just can’t get it for you right now. And they all understand. Even at 5. What has happened is we get into a cycle that my oldest girl pointed out. When Mommy has it, she is super generous. But when she doesn’t it hurts her to be stingy. And she’s absolutely correct.

Post to your local FB groups. People are more understanding and generous than you would think. Also apply again for assistance, often you’ll get approved on the second or more attempt.

Where are you located? I have a bunch of school supplies. I’m sure I could help out with some stuff!

1 Like

Door dash, grub hub, Uber eats. Flexible schedules and I know grub hub you can get your money daily or save it for a “payday”. Things are very tight for us as well and I try to shop at a kid thrift store or even children’s place has massive sales sometimes where you can buy shirts and leggings for as cheap as $2. I usually buy things little by little. A shirt here or pants there. I never talk about money with my 4 or 5 year old because I don’t want to stress them. But I understand about being transparent as well. Best of luck. Things can only get better from here.

I was in that same position for several years. Childcare was too expensive, so I ended up being a SAHM. It didn’t get any better until my kids were in school and I was able to go back to work.

Check your local town FB pages. I know in my area, there are businesses that hold events for those in need. Last week, there was a barbershop giving free back to school haircuts, along with backpacks filled with school supplies.
Another thing you can do, is reach out to friends and family. If they have kids older than your daughter, ask if they have any hand me downs. Don’t be afraid to ask churches for help. Many of them put funds aside for this very reason.
Find out about local food pantries. I know the one that services my area doesn’t require any type of income verification. All I need is proof of residence. Also, reach out to the school. Email your child’s teacher or school guidance counselor. They are often a tremendous help.

When you have a little extra money, buy 1 thing at a time. 1 store that saved me when I was struggling, was The Children’s Place. I literally would order 1 shirt for like $3, or a pair pants for $10 whenever I had the opportunity. They do not charge for shipping. Ever. No matter the cost.

Things will eventually get better :heart:

1 Like

When it comes to getting your food stamps you have to take the original direction with them. Go there and turn in your stuff and call only the jfs office number over and over again making sure they are doing what needs done because they are having a massive failure to properly chart anything. Second, I know exactly where your family is. We made a good living until last September when my husband almost died from the remdesiver infusion to treat COVID. He still has issues and I was terminated then his position filled at the dealership we worked for even despite approved leave. Hypoxic Submassive pulmonary embolisms due to glass in the infusion recalled. No funds. We doordash as a second income to CDL truck driving. It has saved our butts a ton this past year

Apply again in a few weeks- if your income is less over the past four. That’s what they go by. Keep applying if the income issue isn’t resolving and isn’t improving, you’ll likely qualify. If you think you should have qualified based on income you appeal the decision. That said I had no qualms about telling mine we didn’t have the money right now and didn’t know when- some weeks we did, some we didn’t and I don’t have a crystal ball.

You don’t. Kids don’t need to carry that thought and burden. You tell them right now is not a good time and you will make it happen but it’ll be a bit. Or ask friends for hand me downs. Clean and wash well and say you shopped for her.

2 Likes

Sometimes there are programs for free backpacks/ school supplies/ runners in your community. Where I’m from they collect stuff through an event called “stuff the bus”

1 Like

Get a job working overnights like i do. I get off in the morning and get them ready for school. Then I sleep while they are at school. My husband works days, I work midnight as a CNA. I don’t have to worry about childcare cuz he’s home nights.

1 Like

Umm why aren’t you working? It shouldn’t all be put on dads shoulders. It takes two to make a baby. Sorry, this just bugs me.

Your school should have a Success Worker, they always have backpacks with school supplies. Later in the year they often provide coats, boots and shoes. Alot of schools have Friday food bags for students that need them.

Call your local churches and ask if they are willing to donate some school supplies, or at least see if they can point in the direction of another church/organization that are doing back to school drives.

Also, call your child’s school and ask if they have a family advocate to help with school supplies. If they don’t have an advocate, ask for the school counselor to give you some resources for food, supplies, and clothes.

Reach out to churches for school supplies and food. Often they love to help out! Everyone needs a helping hand sometimes. Stay strong mama.

2 Likes

Also there’s no shame in goodwill and Salvation Army clothes. There never has been. That’s where I shop, it’s where my kids shop, and my grandkids love bargain hunting. They have some higher end clothes too- you don’t need brand new everything for every school year- that’s my moms generation of thinking and a bit “uppity” honestly. New clothes for a holiday gift or birthday gift will suffice. And one outfit not a whole closet. Teach your kids a way of life so they aren’t taken off guard when they become an adult

Hugs momma, sometimes we survive, barely, but our babies never need to know the weight we hold, that’s not their responsibility. PM me, I can EMT you a small amount to assist for some school supplies or new outfit. Things get better xo hold on to your hope :heart:

1 Like

Apply again. Give them a mortgage statement if you have one, or proof of bills.

2 Likes

Just tell them. My daughter is 4 and whenever she asks for something I can’t get for her, I just tell her I don’t have any money. She understands. Kids are very smart.

As far as food assistance, keep applying. Add ANYTHING you pay for. Literally anything, not just rent/mortgage and utilities.

Join a buy nothing group in your area and see what people are willing to give you. It may not be new, but if you need it, it shouldn’t matter.

1 Like

Likely the kids know already. You telling them will release some stress… so they know fer sure that’s what it is… and not something else… so just tell them.

I’ve seen some posts and flyers around mentioning free backpacks and school supplies. Even clothes. Also,goodwill can have some really nice stuff for really really cheap. Maybe even get together 20 bucks and she could pick 5 shirts from Cat and Jack at Target if you have one. They are only 4 dollars each. Be thrifty and you can build a cute wardrobe for little ones for like 50 dollars MAX.

2 Likes

She’s young enough that she doesn’t need details. Just do your best and maybe buy a little at a time. Ask school for assistance with supplies.

2 Likes

Zebit , afterpay, klarna, and so many others- You just make a very small weekly payment on it. Don’t splurge with it, just buy essentials.

Some stores even still do layaway. There’s also many charities and events for school supplies and stuff like that, if you wanna go that route. My local barbershop does it big. Your school may not even require you to buy anything in the first place though, so check first- I just realized this year ours says “suggested”. Not mandatory. I got
my child the stuff because the list was more than reasonable, and that to some people may be too expensive or something they just couldn’t swing , n now someone else won’t go without.

That being said, I usually just go without so that he doesn’t have to. If I’m really pressed I’ll do DoorDash or instacart, it’s practically impossible to not have a way of making extra money these days. If all else fails , throw it on the credit card :grimacing: Where there’s a will there’s a way. Sometimes the boy just asks for too much and I tell him , get a job :joy: but no , they do need to learn the value of a dollar eventually - I just got him a wallet and he’s learning about saving. It’s a natural thing to learn so don’t feel bad about that. He thinks twice before asking for mr softy when it’s his money lol. At the end of the day…We are all broke to an extent. You got this.

Me and hubby work opposite shifts. He works days and I work nights. I sleep while they are at school. We still struggle sometimes but no way I could sit at home and be completely broke. As moms/parents we have to do what needs to be done to survive and provide.

5 Likes

Get a part time job or a weekend job may online home job
I wouldn’t sit down with a five year old and tell them adult problems not being mean just honest
Also there is so many back to school programs and free give away going on
Ask family and friends perhaps churches etc
These days it takes more then one person working to make it me and my boyfriend can’t afford daycare so we work opposite shifts maybe something to look into best of luck momma :heart:

Also- if you’re paying two car payments sell one car. Get a beater with a heater for yourself. Cars will be considered assets if you are applying for assistance. Heck even a nice used car with no note- for himself would help your situation. If you’re used to getting a big tax refund, adjust your tax deduction to take less out each paycheck. You can use that money now to help your family!

Where are you located? I’m in Beloit Wisconsin and would love to help some how if I can

Check your local FB pages for free school supply give aways, use the food shelters to help save $ on food costs and check your local FB groups to see if anyone is giving away free clothing in the sizes you need
Can you earn extra money doing babysitting jobs?

2 Likes

Going through the same issues now. And childcare would cost more or equal to what I would be making, so the point of going back to work would be none. I’ve been applying non stop to remote jobs. It’s Def difficult my oldest is 9, and we have a 2 & 1 yr old. I just explain to my 9 yr old that we can’t afford the extra stuff right now things gave changed since she was younger. And she understands, it’s still disappointing sometimes though.

I’ve been in your position more than once and I’m sorry. I know it’s not easy. First comes food, rent and bills. This is your chance to sit down with your kids and explain to them at their level that nothing is for free. Everything is a sacrifice! Work takes time, energy and you don’t choose how much you will gain. Let them know that you’re doing your best and that you’re all together, safe and are doing your best to get back to where you were. Money comes and goes. It’s a tool. Blessings and prayers :pray:t4:

Adult problems are not for kids to hear or know. In my experience, that’s how kids develop anxiety or the guilt/want to help you and no kid should experience that.

9 Likes

Be honest… just tell them the truth, don’t sugar coat it.

1 Like

Please reach out to churches. Also, school counselor or social worker may be able to point you in the right direction. My little town (less than 4,000 people) has a few back to school drives.

3 Likes

Are you both working or just him? It’s incredibly hard to be a one income household these days.

I’m sorry you’re struggling. Just be honest. We can’t afford that right now… how about (insert cheaper option here) instead?

2 Likes

Food banks. Some churches help with clothing and food.

1 Like

Go to your local goodwill at midnight and take some goodies lol. Bad I know but it helps in times of need !

Have you looked at babysitting at home?

When you applied did you have your mortgage/ rent, electricity, Water, sewer, garbage, Internet, Cell phone, house phone, child care bills available? Did somebody work more hours than they normally work in the last 3 months?
As for school supplies there is always agencies Community, county and statewide that I’ll help with those. New clothes don’t have to be brand new. Is there a goodwill in a wealth part of town? I tend to buy my daughter’s miss me’s jeans normally $100- 180 a peice for $10-20.
As for telling her, be honest. you can’t afford, money’s really tight baby, we need a Roof overhead and food in our mouths. I am so sorry, daddy and I are working on it.

2 Likes

I feel you mama! The school is doing a backpack full of supplies needed as a fundraiser and I can’t even afford the 35 for it and they start next week!

I’d be happy to help with school supplies. Where are you located? Also, don’t tell the kids you’re broke. No need to worry them, things will get better. :heart:

4 Likes

Where are you located? If you are close and depending on what size she wears I could give her some clothes and school supplies.

3 Likes

I was a single mom, no child support from my ex husband & yes things were very tight. But there was always a roof over our heads & food in the table. I limited snacks & junk food. But there was always fruit as snacks. I lived pay check to pay check. My kids got clothes & supplies. But I did without. Plus I was grateful a neighbors son was thin like my son and I got his out grown clothes. You can do this. I didn’t have a car. Thankfully we lived near a bus route. But I do know there are food banks now & churches also help out.

3 Likes

You explain on her level that money is limited so you have to put the importance on house,apt, utilites, car, gasoline, car insurance before anything else. Go to walmart and get her 2 new outfits ( they carry justice and stranger things clothing that does not cost an arm and leg) on school day dress her and do her hair so she is the best she can be. As for food stamps I also was denied because there is $50 more than alloted income.

When my kids were in elementary school I would usually get them only like 2 new outfits and wait till the end of September then everything goes on clearance. The 1st couple of weeks they can still wear summer clothes.

You don’t talk to her about finances… I made that mistake with my son, I’ve always been so open with him and i communicate about a lot of things. He ended up stressing about money as well, not wanting to eat because he said ‘am I going to get food again’
Now when he asks for something I just say ‘not today, maybe next time’
It’s still giving the little one hope and not letting him know that we can’t afford whatever he wants, subconsciously it works for me as well, I don’t feel so much guilt and I hope that I can get it for him next time.

1 Like

Hello everyone! . About few months ago the love of my life broke up with me, and I felt like my life just stopped. he moved and wouldn’t talk to me. No matter what I did or said, he wouldn’t respond to me at all. After no hope again. I wrote to Dr Atimon via his Page was told to order for a spell based on what I so much desired. I did actually made the order from his website and was amazed. I was never too sure about whether or not psychics and all this stuff was real. But after experiencing Dr Atimon work, I had no doubt that it definitely was real. About days after, I ordered my first Spell to be cast by Dr Atimon About 1 week after the spell was sealed by me, my ex started calling me and talking to me on a dailybasis. Email him or contact him if you are in the same situation. ([email protected])

I would like to help you. Please contact me and I can see what I can do.

3 Likes

I don’t know where your located but here in Cecil County Maryland there is the Help Center in Elkton an they have both food and clothes. In Chesapeake City on Basil Ave they have a food pantry and clothing pantry, or in Kent County MD they have both a food pantry and a food giveaway. Food pantry is every Monday and food giveaway is second Tuesday.

Adulthood sucks. But teach ur children that not everyone has new school clothes and all. And that’s ok. Ur child will not be the only one

1 Like

Contact your local community resources, united way, salvation army,go to local food pantries in your city or nearby city, your family should be eligible to go. I would go to all of the food pantries I could a month, if would help your income if yall are not eligible for snap or food stamps. Some pantries is made up like a grocery store and you pick what you need and want and don’t want. I’ve them when my kids was small and yard sales and thrift stores and just wash everything I bought like clothes. I always started them off with a new pair of shoes for school. Alot of places should help with school supplies. Ask around or call some of the places Iisted. In ga tallatoona help on your electric bill twice a year December and I believe in may, you have to contact them and get appt or go to the website and set up your on appt. They go quick. I hope this help and you have resources like this in your state, momma it’s some help out there for your family you’re doing your best and husband. Maybe after you get all kids in school msybe you can get a job to bring in more income.

1 Like

I may get bashed idc… have you used Sezzle? I got my daughter a bunch of outfits through a clothing website , and they accept Sezzle, my order was $160 and they take $38 every 2 weeks from my back account … there’s no interest either :smiling_face: … times are rough mama, I’m in the same boat, money is tight, but this option allowed me to get my daughter clothes NOW, and just make payments on them, again with NO INTEREST… I believe target accepts sezzle, and you go go shop and purchase in store with the virtual card … just an option , I didn’t read through the comments, so I apologize if this has been mentioned :heart:

2 Likes

I always just say not right now we don’t have the money when my nephew who is 5 ask for a toy or candy or something else

Search for an online group in your area, and if that group doesn’t help each other, ask about one. Where I live, they’ve been in school two weeks, but there are many resources to help with clothes, shoes, and school supplies that were donated for those who need them. Best wishes!

Also if they denied u than ur making too much according to them

Where are you based?