How hard is it going to be to get custody of my kids back?

To get children back you must show that you are financially and emotionally secure. Work with your case worker. See a domestic abuse counselor. Get a job. Build a good foundation to show the court you are ready to take custody.

4 Likes

Get a lawyer ASAP leave with your children in a shelter if need be till you get sorted good luck go back to court for other baby

1 Like

Why do people ask these questions on social media? Join a support group and get a therapist. This is not something you post about and get advice from total strangers. This is private.

4 Likes

Alcoholic behavior and I imagine you are the enabler is unstable environment; start with alonon it’s very helpful to get your brain organized.
Therapy is expensive this is a structured 12 step program so you can be healthy regardless of your family’s behavior.
Start there, keep your plans quiet.
Write and carry your journal.
When you leave you need to be strong enough to care for yourself and will need to learn a detached way of dealing with everything else during divorce and custody battles.
You can do this, not sure two months is enough prep time.
Just remember you are the mom!!!
Blessings and light to you!

1 Like

Former Paralegal. Hire an attorney asap. They will be able to guide you correctly. Legal aid if you can’t afford an attorney. They will also be able to deal with Child protective services.

4 Likes

Get a job your own place a tip get a place right from the start thats kid safe. Get a lawyer find out everything you need to get your kids back. Cps are dirty aholes who will put up a useless fight due to personal judgement. I had a fight with them slim balls.

3 Likes

Start looking up Carl miller on YouTube. Then nittygrittylawschool. That’s where to start. There is also several groups on Facebook concerning that subject and a lot of them have been resourceful legally.

Talk to children services n family legal center free legal advice so you’ll know exactly what’s needed for this ,?

Do not leave until your ducks are in a row. Lawyer first, plan ahead!

3 Likes

It’s going to be a long hard process. I won’t sugar coat it. CPS has to have a real case to take them and the judge granted it. You also willingly gave up your rights that doesn’t look so hot. You’ll have to prove financial stability like a job, if you have working transportation and if to I have housing if it’s clean, safe, and big enough. If your husband is an alcoholic they’ll immediately say no. If you’re planning on divorcing I’d get the kids back first because his mom will help him not you. You need to make sure you have all your ducks in a row. Get an attorney and have documentation that you’re with your kids all the time. However because you have no custody whoever does can and more than likely will keep them from you they have that power so just make sure you keep things friendly and keep everything in text or email no phone calls just in case they get nasty.

3 Likes

Thier is really no evidence that u abused those children u must seek.legal advice the family and your husband are.the ones.who are abusive and u need to make a life of your own with your children I k ow it’s scary you’ve become accustomed to being with this man but.its no good what.thier doing to u please get a lawyer thru legal aide if you have it there are people out there to help u your not alone believe that ok?? Get a backbone and do.it u are stronger than u think good luck dear

Do NOT leave without your children. Get a lawyer advocate some one to help help you. But do not leave without the kids. They will say you abandoned them .document everything how often you see them timed date things you have purchased for them etc

2 Likes

You need to get a lawyer as soon as you can !!! And I hope the best for you !!!

Your husband probably put the bruise on the baby if he is a drunk and a bruiser kind of film him when yu can

Leave and build a stable life for yourself and get your children back. It’s going to be hard get some help and do right by your children.

First, get a lawyer. Second, request another review from DFC/CPS. Third, document everything with times/dates if your mother in law tries to use the kids to threaten or strong arm you because that’s actually illegal. In all of this make sure you’re financially and mentally stable and can prove it. Get a DV therapist and a job and go to both religiously.

If you sign them over . Good luck extremely hard to reverse it

Before doing anything make sure your children are emotionally equipped to handle being snatched from their grandparents. Removing them suddenly with no real plan or means to take care of them could be traumatic for them. Think of the kids first

The fact your asking :clap::clap::clap:your half way there​:heartbeat:Your current situation has NO future happiness for you.Get out and get settled.Contact every single organisation you can find in your area helping single women,single mothers ect woman’s aid groups.They will point you immediately in the right direction and give you concrete advice for your area.Im in Scotland.You can do this and your not that girl they walked over years ago! Good luck to you and your children I hope everything works out xc

Can u move in with ur step mum.
I’d say you’re going to need legal advice.

ArtSoolk.com can refer you to a CPS/Legal Domestic Abuse Coach.

Maybe start saving money to put towards your own place then file an emergency Ex Parte custody order against the mother and an Order for Protection against the father- these are emergency and immediate court orders most likely will allow you to gain full custody temporarily but will get the ball rolling for you… BUT! Don’t make any moves in court until you have the money to provide a safe & stable home for your children. I wish you the best of luck.

Hire an attorney asap!! If financially difficult you can find a low cost attorney or no cost attorney through many groups out there. There are support groups. Find one so you can get some support! But whatever you do, do not stay with your husband. He is toxic to you and your children!

1 Like

Check with local YWCA. In MD they give free legal help to women in abusive situations. They also offer other programs for you.

get a lawyer and get advice from a professional not social media. and there are two sides to every story this is yours what is your husbands side of it, as well as social services?

Document EVERYTHING!