How hard is it to get full custody?

Very hard and a million dollors lawyer may help but if daddy says no it won’t happen

2 Likes

Im sure its not easy.

Florida is the worst state of you expect to get child support… for real

2 Likes

YOU need to do YOUR homework. Each state has its own way of settling things, Florida just might not be the best for your interest :woman_shrugging:t2:. Then you know what kind of dad your partner is or isn’t. Prepare yourself financially. Oh, do the in laws have a role in this?

1 Like

Not likely because its wrong.

2 Likes

Not enough information.

You need to talk to a lawyer. No one knows how to answer this.

1 Like

Why do they not need their father? Fathers are just as important as mothers unless there is a serious issue. Following a new man? No. Tough.

1 Like

If your a woman easy. Men don’t get the same respect in court

If you are getting child support from the father :man: & the court granted joint custody, you need to prove that the father is a danger to the children in other words he is a criminal!

1 Like

Real hard. My daughters ex is an asshole and still has 50% custody. Biased male judges don’t help either.

I’d suggest go.talk to your lawyer,not.ask on here that is a.private matter

2 Likes

This is so vague. We don’t know your situation or the other parents’ situation. No one can answer this

All state laws are different. I was granted full/sole custody because my ex husband was a woman beater and I had witnesses and a police report when I divorced him.

Get a lawyer and state why you would need to leave if you had too. As long as you agree to visitation and working that out you should be fine. If you do not agree on a visitation you would need to prove why you do not trust your children with their father. It is not impossible

Depends on the state laws of Colorado and why you’re trying to remove the father from your children’s life. Is it for the safety of the children? Or are you just being petty, selfish, and not getting your way? Your question is extremely cut down with no background.

Typically you get full custody when the other parent is found to be unfit due to neglect or abuse. I have an order that I have to give a 30 day notice if I move the father doesn’t have a say in my moving. Depends on what you have in place all ready for an order. I would definitely contact a lawyer and review your current agreement if you have one that would be your best bet.

I know here it is extremely difficult unless the other parent can be proven unfit or agrees to an arrangement that would work for them. The only other circumstance is if you can prove you would be moving to provide a better life in general for the kids. Even then, courts do not want to see children separated from either biological parent if possible.

If you have a legit reason for the big move, like to better the children’s life because of struggles, then they will consider

A great lawyer and about $50,000 when it’s all said and done. More if you’re military and need to move every 4 years. You’ll need to prove that the move will GREATLY benefit the child. You’ll need FACTS and lots of research of the area you’re relocating the child to. Also, be prepared to bend over backwards for his visits! You’ll need to be willing to pay for his and her travel to see each other, give up most of the summers, and almost all school breaks. It’s a lot and most judges will not grant it.

1 Like

Even if you do get full custody don’t mean you can pack up the kids and move out of state .you will need the father’s permission to move his kids out of state ( at least in my state that’s what you have to do )

You would have to determine the other parent is unfit by the court system or the father would ha e to sign his rights away

1 Like

Depends on how aggressive the other parent is. No matter what, get a lawyer that is top notch. I was able to get sole custody of my second son really easy once the father realized I didn’t want child support. (This child was conceived from a one night stand)

Depends on how sufficient, reliable and stable the other parent is in the courts eyes, or they themselves have to relinquish all rights and custody. Truly the only correct answer. The courts have to deem the other parent unfit based on a series of things, and if he/she is found fit and wants to be in the childs life, then there is literally nothing you can do.

A EXCELLENT ATTORNEY! And $$$$$

Custody is one thing. Moving to a different state could be way harder. Full custody only happens if a parent doesn’t dispute it or are unfit. Otherwise it will Never happen

I’m appalled at the negative statements about this person leaving to another state and still trying to be involved with her children. Sometimes after a divorce, we have to decide what’s best to better ourselves and the future for our children. That means that sometimes it involves relocating to another state. If the parent where the kiddos are is not being reasonable with visits and schedules then that certainly would be reason to bring it to court for custody or at least an established visitation scheduled that is court ordered!!!