How is having a hysterectomy?

Have an appointment in 2 weeks to talk to my OB/GYN about a hysterectomy. Since having a tubal done 6.5 years ago, I’ve had nothing but problems! Please send some good vibes my way!

12 Likes

God grant you a safe and full recovery :pray:

1 Like

Same here following… Good luck❤

1 Like

I’ve never been better since having mine. Good luck!

1 Like

Best decision I’ve ever made. It takes a little bit to heal but it is soooo worth it. I just had my surgery in December, I did have some complications that landed me back in the hospital, but I’d do it again in a heart beat.

1 Like

Thanks y’all! I’ve put it off for years, and I am very nervous. But hopefully it helps!!

Had a hysterectomy at 36 and it’s the best thing I ever did for myself! Had endometriosis!

1 Like

Prayers for you! Also wondering what kind of issues you’ve had cause I’m considering tubal ligation myself in the near future…

1 Like

Good luck. Make sure they do a full one and not half. They always try to only do half and you’ll have non stop infections until they finally decide to take it all out💚

1 Like

Before my kids, I had regular periods. Every 28 days. 4 days long, some cramping but not bad.
I had my tubal December 2012 during my last c section. Since then, I have irregular periods. Usually 3 weeks from the start of one to the start of the next, but sometimes even sooner. HEAVY bleeding, changing tampons and pads every hour, Extreme pain to the point of being in bed for most of the day. And my blood pressure shoots sky high when my period comes! I’ve made 2 previous appointments but didnt keep them because I was terrified of having a hysterectomy. But now, I’m so tired of dealing with all of this and I just want it all out!!

1 Like

Best decision I ever made

1 Like

Best decision I ever made was to have my parts taken out. The tubial messed me up badly!

1 Like

I had a hysterectomy and you will feel better after awhile believe me

1 Like