How long can formula sit out?

How long can formula sit out before you have to throw it away

37 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/how-long-can-formula-sit-out/20090

2 hours I believe. It says on the container

2 hours at room temp, 24 hours in the refrigerator

2 Likes

I’am making over $127 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 17950 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://AmazingJobs293.pages.dev/

Back of bottle will tell you !!

I’am making over $127 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 17950 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://AmazingJobs322.pages.dev/

1 hour at room temp and 24 hours in the fridge.

4 Likes

Chk This—>> https://AmazingJobs341.pages.dev/

That depends.
If it’s been drank from 1 hour only.
If it’s not been drank from I believe 2ish hours is your window.
In the fridge not drank from it’s good for 24 hours.
The powder container itself opened unprepared is 30 days.
A container of ready to feed needs to be refrigerated almost immediately.

1 Like

I’am making over $140 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18968 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://dollarearningjob1501.pages.dev/

I’ve never had a bottle fed baby but I won’t give my kid milk that’s sat longer than the meal took to eat… So I would just throw out any amount baby didn’t eat in a session probably

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/how-long-can-formula-sit-out/21878

1 Like

I’ve left bottles sit for a couple hours and gave it to my boys and they’re both perfectly fine. Milk didn’t curdle or anything. They didn’t get sick, no tummy issues, nothing. I think baby will be fine.

29 Likes

2 hours after it’s made, 1 if the baby’s saliva has touched the nipple after making it but I’m weird about it and always made a new bottle after an hour.

21 Likes

Two hours within preparation and within one hour once feeding begins according to the CDC website. But I’ve always stuck within 1 hour regardless of feeding beginning or not.

11 Likes

For those I saw saying 8 hrs. That breastmilk at room temp . Idk what formula is never used it . But I would assume no more than 2 hrs.

8 Likes

As a daycare worker who deals with multiple different brands of formula… I always read the back of the can!!
Some are 1 hour, some are 2!

8 Likes

Two hours of it was made… ONE hour once she starts sipping from the bottle. As bacteria can grow from saliva mixing with it.

7 Likes

Depends on the formula, whether it has been drank out of, a lot of factors. Definitely check with the label, different types of formulas have different requirements for use.

4 Likes

If it’s not been drank out of 8 hours. If it’s been drank out of 1 hour

4 Likes

So my son just left nicu…formula can be left out 1hr max if their mouth touches the milk/nipple, it can go up to 12hrs made but untouched on say a counter,24hrs add untouched in the fridge. This is exactly what nicu nurses told me while there and when we left I have a paper I’ll see if I can find it in his pile of paperwork. Also just an fyi they said if your in a desert and the bottle was touched and not finished they are more than likely to be fine to drink it granted it not on every day thing but it’s more likely they won’t get sick then it is that they will. This is all what nicu said to me!!

3 Likes

I was told in the hospital by the nurses and pediatrician that it can sit out for 2 tops if they’ve drank from it. They said the reason why is because bacteria from baby’s mouth starts to form in the formula and can make them sick

1 Like

I always smelled the milk before even thinking about giving it to him. I normally wouldn’t let it sit for any longer than two hours at tops.

The baby is fine. 2 hours for formula is ok. A baby playing will pick up whatever bottle they see and finish it. An hour, 3 hours, it happens.

4 Likes

Taste it if it isn’t good it will have a tang. Like the way kd smells kind of
In the summer it last about 45 min. Refrigerated it lasts a day. So I just taste it everytime.

It states on the can how long is good for. Mine says 2 hours. Even longer if it was in the fridge and cold before sat out.

I formula fed my 2 oldest and was told 2 hours, 1 if it’s been drank out of. Granted they’re 13 and 25 but I doubt that’s changed.

3 Likes

Four hours if it’s refrigerated after using some of it. But definitely not after that.

1 Like

No lie… I gave my son a bottle after I made it 3hours prior to him sipping. He was fine…

But CDC says 2hours after prep. 1hour after they sip. :heart:

2 Likes

I was always told 2-3 hours, depending on if it is untouched (no saliva) and temperature of the room or wherever it’s sitting.

1 Like

My twins pediatrician said ready to drink bottles can sit out up to 4 hours after making, 24 hours of making and placing directly in fridge for later use and if after feeding they don’t take all their bottle you have to discard it

1 Like

2 hours for most foods. Tbh I dont think Id drink milk after it had been out that long so I probably wouldnt feed it to my kid either, but itd probably be okay

It literally says on the formula can 1 HOUR

1 Like

I always threw it out after an hour

1 Like

If it’s been drank from and not finished, throw it out and make smaller bottles.

1 Like

Ready feed in the UK is an hour. Formula is two. It states on the packaging usually

2 hour room temp if baby hasn’t drank from it

2 Likes

1 hr is what my Dr told me.

1 Like

Within 2 hours untouched. If baby had drank out of it, within the hour.

3 Likes

The children’s hospital in Pittsburgh leaves the ready made stuff out for 3 hours after opening it, if baby hasn’t drank directly from it

How Long Can Formula Sit Out For? | Pampers. 2 hours room temp as long as baby hasn’t touched it. The hour is once baby had touched it as bacteria grows from baby’s backwash.

Read the back of the can.

Your husband is stupid :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

One hour from the time it was made.

I just stick to the 1hr rule

2 Likes

Both of you Taste it…taste it fresh then taste it at an hour then 2 and 3 hrs. Who knows. Maybe it actually stays good 12 hrs. But maybe 2 is the limit. ?

2 hours if untouched. 1 hour if drank from.

1 Like

2hrs made. 1 hr after baby has eaten from it.

1 Like

What does the container say?
Usually not more than 2 afyer it’s made. An Hr if she drank any and it wasn’t refrigerated.

1 Like

If you Google it like I have if you make a bottle as long as it’s not drank out of you can put it in the fridge up to 24 hrs. If you make it and intend to use it it’s good at room temp for 2 hrs. Once it’s been drank out of it’s only good for an HR

1 hour is what we have been told

2 hours when it’s made or it’s good for 1 hour after baby starts to drink it.
If it stays untouched put it in the fridge (within the 2 hour time frame) and it’s good for 24 hours from the time it was made

How long is formula good for? How long formula can sit out or last in the fridge | BabyCenter.

1 hour max. I don’t trust anything.

1 Like

Read the can/bottle it says. A

Read the back of the can… my enfamil tells me x amount of time if never drank off, then it has x time if it has been used and it tells me 24hrs for fridge bottles. Idr the time. But I never go over an hour. My girls have always liked really warm bottles. (mine range from 13y-8 months old)

I’d allow 2 hrs at room temp. Longer if refrigerated

In the nicu was 4hrs

The nicu leaves it in room temperature for 4 hrs

Ur good can’t always listen to the labels. the motherly instinct never fails , follow that!

Depends on the brand. Some say 1 hour anytime, others say 2 hours if untouched, 1 hour if touched.

2 hours. Not longer than that. The rule is 2 hours after the bottle is made or taken out of the fridge and heated. Then 1 hour after the baby starts eating. I personally have to do 2 hours regardless of when baby’s mouth touches the nipple because I have a baby with a bottle aversion and feeding her can take many tries

The container says untouched it can sit out for a couple hrs but i never trusted it after an hr. After they drank from it I’d just dump it from the saliva going in the bottle. You can prepare and put in fridge and just warm up as baby needs

ONE hour after initial feeding begins
TWO hours if made and not drank from.
Breast milk is TWO hours after being refrigerated or frozen

2 Likes

If they did not eat from it you fine if they did don’t not give it to them

Formula depends on brand. Read your powder. Most of our formula is two hours after made at room temp, 24 in fridge, and 1 hour if she drank from it. However, we have these little 2 oz liquids. Those are 1 hour once opened period.

If baby hasn’t ate off of it it’s two hours. But once baby starts eating off of it it’s 1 hour. This is what we followed when I worked in daycare.

2 after its made. 1 hour after it touches their mouth.

I was told 2 hours if they drank less than half of it, 1 hour if it’s more than half gone already.