How long do you bleed after giving birth?

Had my baby on the 31st and today I think I might have stopped bleeding , is this normal? How long after did you bleed?

32 Likes

I only bled for 4-5 days afterwards. Then spotted for a couple of weeks.

Consider yourself lucky!! I bled until i got my next period…it was like 8-9 weeks

2 Likes

Between 2 and 2 1/2 weeks.

6 weeks with first, almost a year with my 2nd, not even 2 weeks with my 3rd

I bled for like a week. Lol. I felt extremely lucky.

With my first i bled like 3 weeks and then spotted until 7 weeks postpartum and with my 2nd only like 3 weeks and then my 3rd maybe a week two weeks tops

Forever.
…3 months non stop. I think it’s because they convinced me to get depo shot after delivery. I had no clue what it would do to my body. It was the worst thing.

1 Like

It’s normal to start and stop bleeding for up to 6 weeks.

First son lasted 2-3 weeks and second son lasted 1 month. First son weighed 6.5 pounds and the second was 8.4 pounds.
Idk if the difference in weight had anything to do with it.

I had my son in feb. bled for 11 weeks straight. Now spotting every second day.

I bled for 3 weeks. One of my friends only bled for 5 days. Everyone different

Different for every pregnancy. My first it seemed like forever, my second it stopped after a couple weeks

With my first I bled 5-6 weeks…my second and third I bled 3 weeks.

4 weeks for me but I had ripped so bad took longer to heal since I popped a stitch 2 weeks after giving birth no fun

I can’t remember how long but I feel like I wasn’t bleeding incredibly long after giving birth. I wouldn’t worry. :woman_shrugging:t3:

By the time I went home from the hospital my bleeding had stopped

After my first baby, about a week. Then had some spotting for another 2 weeks. With my 2nd and 3rd babies it lasted about 2 weeks, but was really light after the 1st week.

6 weeks I bled for then at 8 week pp I got my period back now period every month :woman_facepalming:t2:

I always stopped bleeding 5 days after birth with all 3 of my kids.

First pregnancy I bled for a solid 6 weeks, second pregnancy I bled for 2 weeks then stopped for 3 days then started back up for a week and a half then stopped for real, but then had a full period 12 days later. (Bleeding was different, that’s how I know it was a period)

I was bleeding around a week / week and a half. Not longer than 2 weeks.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How long do you bleed after giving birth? - Mamas Uncut

For sure! Everyone’s different, but what did your doctor say at your 6 week check? I stopped shortly before 12 weeks!

1 Like

I would stop using tampons and wear a comfortable pad. The tampon may be the reason you’re still bleeding. Also if you’re doing too much instead of resting and healing that can also cause prolonged bleeding

22 Likes

totally Normal From my experience After my First C-section I was bleeding clots For a Few weeks. it should Clam down soon Though. when? I have no idea as everyone is different Lovely.

I had a c section and I stopped at 4 weeks

Stop using tampons! I had the same issue in the beginning, as long as you’re not clotting huge and it’s on and off then it’s fine. If you’re still worried and scared (like I get) call the Dr just in case. No harm in getting checked out.

I’m in the same boat my 6 week check everything was fine… Waiting for my first period. Finally came I started the pill as well on day 1. I am still bleeding 21 days later :pensive: quite painful n sometimes heavy especially in the morning. I’m using pads not tampons

6 weeks with both pregnancy’s

Um what did your obgyn say at your 6 week check up? Did they recommend that you not use tampons for 8-12 weeks after your C-section? Everyone’s body is different but it’s always recommended that those aren’t used for 6-12 weeks after your C-section/DNC or anything like.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s completely different for everyone, could also be your period now? I only bled for under 2 weeks and that was vaginal birth, episiotomy and forceps :flushed:

I barely bleed with my csection and it was only about a week then nothing for about 5 or 6 wks.

Yeah… shouldn’t be using tampons… not after giving birth … change to pads asap

5 Likes

After both my c-sections it was 12 weeks.

But you shouldn’t be wearing tampons right now. I was told not to use tampons until after 12 weeks was up.

3 Likes

As everyone else said you should stop using tampons,I gave birth also by c-section but I stopped bleeding after a week , did not bleed for like two months and my period was back to normal by the third month

2 Likes

Yes like everyone else says best to not use tampons. Your womb is still healing like an open flesh wound. So best to let it flow naturally I didnt stop bleeding till 12 weeks. Everyone heals differently.

4 Likes

Pads not tampons. Probably got your period along with post partum

I had a natural birth with my 4th child an bled for weeks after. It turned out I still had some of the placenta left inside me. Speak to your HV or midwife an ask for advice. I’d definitely get yourself checked just incase.

Not supposed to use tampons !!! That is the worst thing to do after delivering !! Everyone is different! I bleed for 1 year straight after my first !

1 Like

Did you not go to the dr after? You are not to use tampons! You also must not be taking it lighting and it’s why you still have not healed and keep bleeding. When they tell you to take it lightly, it’s for a reason. Stop using tampons and take it easy!!

1 Like

Omg don’t wear tampons

Definitely no tampons if you’re still bleeding you have a dinner plate size open wond. Get period underwear if it’s still that heavy

1 Like

Did the nurse pushed ur stomach down to get rid of all the excess blood?

Yes and you may have gotten your period. I don’t think your supposed to wear tampons. But just bring it up to your doctor just to make sure everything is good with you.

1 Like

I bled for about 5 weeks after c-section with both my children.

l get paid over $ 175 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 17428 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://dollarinfopaid20.pages.dev/

Ok first off the whole not using tampons thing your midwife or someone in charge of your after care should have told you about that. It can cause serious infection.

5 Likes

Why the fck are guys on this page??? Jay Weninger what’s so funny about a woman bleeding??? I didn’t know you were a mom…… you make a very ugly women… get out of here you fcking creep

I’m cringing so hard at the thought of shoving a tampon into an open wound :sob::sob: you will heal, but you need to give your body time to do so

7 Likes

No tampons i bled for 2.5 months with all 3 of my kids. First was a c section.

1 Like

I bled loads after my c section, had to be hospitalised a month later as I was losing too much blood. Ended up being prescribed tranexamic acid to control them afterwards x

Everyone is saying you can’t use a tampon but you’re usually cleared for sex by 6 weeks… she’s 9? I used tampons too at the 8 week mark . On and of bleeding until 11 weeks

My last baby I had in April I bled for 8 weeks I didn’t have a C-section though

3weeks
Aftery c section

I had 4 c-sections and bled a different amount of time for each one. As all the other lovely ladies have stated, stop using tampons and see what happens. You could be having your period.if you’re not so sure what’s going on, call the doc

I had c section after trying to induce for 12 hours (medicine and balloon), and this happened to me for 2 months or more.

stop using tampons that shortly after giving birth. might have something to do with not healing properly.

6 Likes

If the bleeding never stopped, get checked out for retained placenta. Don’t think tampons are supposed to be used for postpartum bleeding.

5 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 110 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to d0 it but my colleague makes over $ 13900 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The p0ssibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE…>> https://HugeCash29.pages.dev

I’ve had 3 c sections and I bleed for about 6 weeks with all but yes no Tampons!!

4 Likes

My mom had a c section and bled for 7-8 weeks too. She never saw a dr because they tuned her away at 6 weeks because she was still bleeding. She went back after 8 weeks and they said sorry you waited too long to come in we can’t see you.

2 Likes

Depends on the woman. As long as it’s not heavy, have a foul odor, or clots larger then a golf ball you are fine. Also please do not use tampons you should be using pads. I tell all my patients to refrain from tampons after delivery you want to be able to have your blood “free flow” from your vagina

You’re not supposed to use a tampon. My last child I bled for 12 weeks

1 Like

Umm no tampons after birth :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I bled for 12 weeks after a vaginal birth with no retained tissue. They called it irritable uterine bleeding.

Stop using tampons. Use pads instead and yes it’s normal unless you have large clots.

Six weeks for me and you should not be using tampons this soon.

3 Likes

Definitely not supposed to use tampons. Use pads.

7 Likes

Need to see your Doctor.

Ask the dr. 9 weeks isn’t abnormal though. Especially if you aren’t breastfeeding

Also, ask about tampons.

Don’t use a tampon!!! I bled on and off for 12 weeks after my c section it was horrible but then it eventually stopped and I started getting normal Periods.

1 Like

As everyone is saying, you shouldnt be using a tampon. I bled for about 12 weeks. Give your body time to get back to normal. This is what it is after birth lol

3 Likes

You shouldn’t use a tampon. And you can bleed for quite awhile after giving birth even by C-section. If you’re concerned contact your doctor.

6 Likes

I only bled for 3½ weeks. But you’re also not supposed to use tampons at all after you give birth

6 Likes

Sometimes heavy or extended bleeding means you are doing to much. However, you should still reach out to your OB

Um 6 months mine is just now starting to regulate. I bled consistently for about 3. Then went to a period every other week and this last month it started to even out.

1 Like

Yeah even with c-sections tampons aren’t suppose to be used (unless cleared by dr). I bled 3w3d after my vaginal delivery (3rd child). But 3w later had my first pp period that went for 31 days (thanks to depo—I don’t recommend).

3 Likes

Please stop using tampons. The infection risk is just the same as with a vaginal birth. Unfortunately this bleeding thing can come and go for quite sometime while your body and hormones get back to their non pregnant state. If you have discomfort or pain or offending smell get seen asap otherwise take care of yourself and be patient. Your body just did an amazing thing. It needs time to heal

3 Likes

Use Always Infinity Pads
Get Appt with OB Dr Now.

I bled 4 weeks stopped then my first two “periods” after my C-section were worse than my post partum bleeding I had to do depends with pads and tampons or else I’d bleed everywhere

Tampons could be prolonging it. You’re risking infection. Get some pads, thick ones or depends and use those. It’ll stop soon. Mine lasted several weeks. Bleach in tampons prolong your period. But you’re having pp bleeding. Not a period.

So first call the dr they can give you something to make it stop bleeding if you both agree it is too much. Also the pads the hospital has are nice and cannot easily be found at a store just go to the pharmacy and get some period underwear or depends for bladder briefs :briefs: will help to absorb all the blood and is much better and comfortable than a tampon

Been over a year and still bleeding :upside_down_face:

l get paid over $177 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18696 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning593.pages.dev/

Please don’t use tampons right now…pads only. And you may bleed for a few weeks, as long as it starts slowing down and isn’t super heavy and clotted, its pretty normal. As always, ask your doctor if you just aren’t sure.

2 Likes

Omg u shouldnt use tampons after birth!
Only pads.

1 Like

I bled for 8-10 weeks after all 3 of my kids

Call your OB. Every woman’s body is different and has a different recovery after birth. I would suggest though, if you’re having any kind of clots, to switch from tampons to pads.

1 Like

l get paid over $ 185 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 17931 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarWizard47.pages.dev/

I am assuming you saw your OB around 2-3 wks post partum, then again at 6 wks. Maybe call the office & been seen again, just to make sure nothing else is going on

Need to get to the doctor like a month ago.

2 Likes

All different with mine about 3 weeks on 1st ,
2 weeks on 2nd, 1 week on 3rd, hemorrhaged on 4th so had to stay in hospital a few days then blead around 5 days after, 5th one 3 days because I had been given the injection to make sure I didnt hemorrhage like the last one.

Please don’t use a tampon you have massive opening from ur c section it can cause a lot of issues. I had an emergency c section with my first and bleed on and off for 3 almost 4 months everyone is difficult after having my second c section I stopped bleeding a week after my 6 week check up. Of You are worried make an appointment with your ob. But please don’t use a tampon until ur doctor says it’s safe c section moms have a high risk of complications because you had massive surgery and tampons can cause a lot of infections

3 Likes

I had this happen and had placental remains left. I had to have a D&C to fix it

I bled for 6 weeks with my 1st. About 2 weeks with my 2nd. You should make an appointment with your OBGYN to see what’s going on.

1 Like

I bled almost 14 days after my first csection… don’t use tampons after u have a csection u could be infected if that’s what I was told

1 Like

Um havent you seen your ob for after care at about 2-3 weeks and again at 6? This is not normal sounds like you may have a piece of placenta up in the uterus and it’s trying to shed it. You may need a DNC call your Ob dr like Now. And stop using tampons, you don’t do that after having a baby, it doesn’t matter vaginal or c section no tampon and no vaginal sex until cleared by your ob. Smh

Not to use tampons until you see Dr for 6-8 week checkup.

3 Likes