How long does birth control take to work?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

9 Likes

Depends on the type. I think most its 2 weeks to a month. Drs usually say use back up for that long.

2 Likes

Usually when the dr prescribes it they let you know . Pills are different from like an iud and the shot etc . Some are effect immediately and others aren’t

3 Likes

Read the medication specifications and ask doc to be safe. Any I have taken has been 7 days.

3 Likes

No one tells you that if your on antibiotics the birth control pill dont work !!! Happened to me!!! Not complaining but it was a shock for sure but I got my blessing from God a n.v d shes all grown up now!!!

6 Likes

An IUD is the only one that’s immediate.

1 Like

Why do people have to be so rude when someone asks something maybe they just don’t know. God doesn’t like ugly so quite being so ugly

17 Likes

Mine says 7 days but read the info

Did you miss eighth grade health class?

25 Likes

As long as it took you in health class, and in church it will work in no time at all. Lol

1 Like

7 days… And 3 months for side effects and your body to adjust to the hormones completely

Depends on what kind. I had 2 babies while on birth control.

1 Like

condoms work immediately.

When in doubt use a second form of birth control

1 Like

Regardless of which type, highly suggest a back up method for at least the first month.

Birth control is very important.

There are several types of birth control

You need to ask a medical professional

For IUD’s, if it’s put in during your period it starts working right away, otherwise it takes up to 7 days for it to start working

Crossing your legs at the knees is free and effective.

4 Likes

Hayley you are very rude. This person really wanted an answer not a smart ass answer like you are

2 Likes