How long does it take to go into labor when you are 4cms?

So I went to the doctors today I am 4 cms dilated and am 40 weeks with my second. How long did you mamas take to go into labor after 4 cms? Preferably second or multiple pregnancy mamas please xx I am waiting on a call from the doctors for when to go to the hospital for induction this week.

1 Like

I walked around at a 5 for a couple of week with my 3rd baby. I still went 5 days overdue, but labor was quick!

I went in at 3 cm midwife popes my waters at 4 my second son was born the contraction after ! I was thinned a lot contracting a lot aswell I said I wanted to push she said to go ahead :grin: good luck ! Xx

I was induced lol went past my due date even had mebrances swept

1 Like

I was 4 for days w my 2nd I worked n all no labor. When I did have her I started contractions around 10pm but at midnight was still 4 and then water broke on it’s own had her 1:36am sooooo I guess that means your body’s getting ready but not necessarily soon

I was stuck at four for three weeks with my second got induced the day after my due date hoping you go naturally soon inducing labor is rough on your body😢

I went to the hospital at 4 cm and at 5 cm, one was born within 5 hrs and the other within 9 hrs. Do squats and bounce, or have rough sex if you want to induce labor on your own! :slightly_smiling_face: good luck!

With my first I was 4cm 90% effaced at my 38 week appt water broke the next morning, had her 4 hours later.

I went to the hospital at 4 cm and at 5 cm, one was born within 5 hrs and the other within 9 hrs. Do squats and bounce, or have rough sex if you want to induce labor on your own! :slightly_smiling_face: good luck!

I was at 4-5 with my second for a week and a half.

I was 4 for weeks with my twins. Once labor started it only took 3 hours.

I walked around and worked on my feet for 5 weeks 4 cm with my second. Still had to have pitocin. My babies like to stay put.

I went from closed to 7cm in 9 hours never felt a contraction till they broke my water at 7cm and it took 2 hours from 7cm till i was holding my baby it was my third baby they say ur labors get shorter each kid bjt my first was 24 hours 2nd was 8 hours third was 15 hours

I was IN labor at 3cm, went to the hospital and walked for 2hrs, was 4.5cm, had my daughter 12rs later after epidural (failed at 9cm…)

The same day lol i went from a 4 to a 6 within a couple of hours

On my first which came a week early my water broke and instantly got strong contractions every five minutes so my mam called an ambulance got to the hospital they checked I was 2cm nurse went to walk away I told her I needed to push she didn’t believe me and when I said it again she checked and I was 10cm from start to finish it was 2 hours and 17 mins and my second I was 40+4 had light contractions every 15 mins for over 2 hours then they came a bit quicker so made my way to the hospital they checked I was 2cm again and broke my waters and within like 20 mins I was at 10cm that labour was just over 5 hours :see_no_evil:

I wasn’t at a 4 before labor.

I was at 4 for a couple of months with my first and close to a month with my second but I had contractions and dilated early with both

I was at 3cm for 3 weeks. I got to 4cm at 40 weeks. I went to 5cm in a few hours.

I went in with contractions was only a cm went back 4 hours later and was at 5 cm

Usually they keep you at 3 or 4 cm if you’re progressing… I have very quick labors tho

With my second I was 4cm at 36/37 weeks. I was induced at 39 weeks

I was at 4 for over a week then went for induction at 5cm. Started a tiny bit of pitocin at 6pm my daughter was here just after 11. She was my 4th.

I was already in active labor

Yoyr not gonna make the induction…

I was in labor and was only 2cm

I was 4 cm at my wed appointment at 38 weeks and i was scheduled to be induced that friday. I went into labor on my own friday and was 6cm when i got to the hospital, at 7am the doctor broke my water when i was 8 cm and 20 mins later little mister was here, this is my 4th.

At 4 cm my dr always kept me because it can go very fast

I’ve been at 4cm with my third for weeks now lol due Saturday.

I went from 0 to 4 in 2 days. Went to the hospital at 8am once contractions were 3 minutes apart and had her 2 hours later no time for epidural.

I was 4 for weeks with my twins. Once labor started it only took 3 hours.

Lucky you… when I dialate I have the baby that day. Lol induction will go fast for sure. You can get your water broke super easy. Once I’m dialated to 6 I’m pushing 5 min later.

Just had my 4th today I came in with contractions I was at a 2 an hour later I was at a 4 30 mins after I was pushing but I was at a 2 for about 6 weeks

Less than 12 hours my son was born and in my arms.

I was kept in when I was 4cm as they say it’s established labour good luck x