How long was your babies NICU stay?

Fan Question
KarenšŸ’

Has anybody had their babies between 35 and 36 weeks? And if so how were the babies? Did they go home with you, have a NICU stay, whatā€™d they weigh, etc??

16 Likes

I had my rainbow baby girl at 36 weeks pregnant and she didnā€™t need to go to the NICU at all. She weighed 6 lbs 1/4 oz

I had my son 35+6 he was 6lb 3oz didnā€™t need any NICU time was perfectly healthy :blush: hes 2y6m now

Had mine at 35 weeks perfectly healthy and he didnā€™t need to stay at the NICU.

34 weeks he was 6.8 lbs and 21 inches long, went home right away

35 weeks 2 days, 3lbs 12.3oz. :heart: only 11 days in the NICU!

I had my son and 35 weeks due to preeclampsia. He was 5 lbs 15 oz and he was in the NICU for 10 days.

34 weeks 12 days in NICU 8 pounds 9 ounces 19.5 inches long

35wk 3lb 8oz nicu for 13days but I also had preeclampsia and she didnā€™t grow for a few weeks, my placenta was small. She did very well considering, she just needed to work on holding her temp up and eating a little.

My son was excalty 36 weeks. He was 5 pounds 4oz no nicu time he was a csection so we were in the hospital for 5 days

I had a 34weeker that was 3lbs 13oz and she was tiny but healthy and just got evaluated by the nicu team at birth then she stayed in my room. we stayed in the hospital for a week

35 weeks and 5 days. No NICU. He was 5lbs exactly, 16 inches long and is now a perfectly happy almost 3 year old

I had my first born at 35 weeks. She was 5lbs and went right home with me. No nicu

I had my first son at 33 weeks and we went home after 3 days. He was 5lbs but healthy!

Had my son at 35 weeks exactly. And he spent 5 days at a NICU for oxygen levels. 5 lbs 11 oz. But progressed much quicker than the Drā€™s thought he would, originally it was planned for atleast 2 plus weeks in nicu. Btw my NICU was awesome! It was about 30 mins from where we lived , they allowed us to stay there and eat at no charge to us or insurance. Taught me how to pump correctly and stored all my milk. And taught us so much about caring for our babe that I never would have been prepared for had we went home right away.

34 weeks. 6lbs 8oz. NICU for 17 days to help him learn how to eat!

All 4 of mine were born healthy between 35 and 37 weeks. Only one went to NICU for 3 days. Do to not being able to maintain a healthy temperature.All weighed 6-7 pounds at birth.

My son was born at 36 weeks and weighed 6 lb in 1 oz he still was in the NICU for 1 week

My baby was born at 35 weeks and one day weighing 4 lbs 13 oz and completely healthy

I had mine at 36 weeks. He was perfectly healthy spent 24 hours under the light due to jaundice. We were out of the hospital within 24 hours.

I had twins at 35 weeks exactly. Perfectly healthy. 5lb babies!

I was induced at 35 weeks 4 days because of gallbladder issues. Baby girl weighed 5lbs 15oz 19in long, got to come home with us two days later with no NICU stay. Had some issues with her blood sugar level and bilirubin level but they were fine by the time we got to go home. Sheā€™s now 3 and a half months and a healthy little girl

My first one was two weeks early and she weight 6.3.19 inches long and my second one was 20 days early and he weight 7,12.8 oz 20 inches long

36 weeks. 8lbs 4oz. Baby was able to go home after 2 days in the hospital

35 weeks with twins. 4lbs14oz came home on time, 4lbs13oz stayed due to inhaling fluid.

0 NICU stay. 8.5 lbs.

Iā€™ve had 3 36 weekers (all needed nicu stays)
1 full term 40 weeker (still needed nicu stay)
1 35 weeker (needed nicu stay)
And 1 33 weeker (needed nicu stay)

Gestation doesnā€™t determine if nicu care is required

2 Likes

I had both of my babies at 35/36 weeks, due to severe pre eclampsia with both, first was an emergency C section and second was also C section.
One was 6lb at birth and at her lowest she was was 5lb 6oz we went home less than 48 hours after. second was 5lb 11 oz got down to 5lb 2oz, only issue was his blood sugar and getting him to nurse because my milk wasnā€™t in yet, so I stayed 1 extra day. But with him I almost had to have him earlier, and I did receive the steroid injections for his lungs. Otherwise everything was okay

36 weeks. 5lbs 3 ozā€¦ NICU for a few days to learn how to eat and breathe at the same time. No real issues at all!

My daughter weighed 6lbs 11oz and did not have to stay in the NICU at all she was born 36 weeks

I had twins at 36 an 6 days they never needed NICU and went home with me. One weighed just under 6lbs and the other weighed just over 6lbs. They both had great oxygen and so forth, one had a little trouble with latching and later found the other had a heart murmur. All is fine now, theyā€™re 16 month old boys as vibrant and healthy as they can be.

36 weeks x 2 both were 100% healthy. 8 lbs 1oz, and second was 7 lbs 12 oz. Both went home in 2/3 days normal time
DUE DATES ARE NOT AN EXACT SCIENCE!

I had my second at 36 weeks he was 6lbs 2oz we were able to go home after two days. No NICU stay

My daughter was born at 35 weeks 5 days, she had no NICU time , I had to do lots of skin to skin to keep her temp good, she had slight issue with jaundice but came home with me 2 days later (c-section). She weighed 6 lbs 7 oz and 19 in long.

My sister did around 36wks i think. They went home with her but were teeny at like 5-6lbs. But shes also a very petite woman.

Had daughter at 34/35 weeks 4lbs 10oz, no NICU

36+4 he was 6lbs 4oz he had to be resuscitated and syringe fed as he was too tired to eat but we went straight into the normal ward after no NICU he had to have jaundice treatment 2 times and then prolonged jaundice till about 25 days

Had my son at 36 weeks exactly. 4 lbs 4 oz. No nicu

36 weeks is considered early full term.
My first was 36 weeks and came home with me. 6lb 10oz
Babies are usually fit and healthy from 36+

36 weeks 7lbs 1oz no time in the NICU

36+0 - no NICU, had trouble maintaining temp so had to be on the warmer off and on first 24 hrs, also had low blood sugar during first also. Came home with me. Only persistent problem was feeding as babies that gestation are notorious for not wanting to wake to feed. Lasted about 4 weeks before she would wake enough to feed as normal. First 4 weeks we spoon fed/syringe fed, and I pumped in addition to trying her at the breast each feeding.

36+2 - No NICU, no problems aside from the same feeding issue as before. Resolved around the same time frame. Went home with me.

32 weeks and she was in the nicu for 10 days

My son was born at 35 weeks. 4lbs 8oz born with complications was in the NICU for 26 days.

36 weeks, he went home 3 days later. Weighing 5 lbs. Now he is a 130 lbs 15 yr old

36 weeks with my daughter, no nicu, 6 lbs 4 oz. I was worried being a bit early, but it all went well!

All mine. 4lb 10 oz, 5lb 2oz, 7lbs 9oz. No nicu. The oldest had to wait til 5lbs but they all came home not long after birth. No health issues.

1 Like

Mine was at 35 wrks exactly and sheā€™s was in the NICU cause she inhaled amniotic fluid, then got a respitory infection. But sheā€™s 7 healthy, very smart, and athletic. :heart::yellow_heart:

34.5 she was 7.06lbs and we got to go home 72 hours after. 24h observation in NICu

Induced at 34w2d delivered at 34w4d. They gave me a steroid shot a week before to help with babyā€™s lungs. He weighed 6 pounds even, 21in long. He stayed in NICU for 6 days because he had trouble maintaining body temp and his blood sugar.

my son was a 36 weeker. he weighed 4lbs8oz. & we spent a month in the nicu/picu. with heart surgery at 2 weeks.

heā€™s almost 17 months now & doing great.

I had my son at 36 weeks, he was 7 pounds 4 ounces. He didnā€™t need to stay in the nicu either, I did get 2 steroid shots a couple weeks before to help his lungs develops faster, just in case I went into pre term labor from having pre eclampsia

34+5, 4 lbs 13 ounces, 7 day nicu stay :heartpulse:

36+4, 6lbs 9oz, and 5 days of NICU time due to low glucose levels and high jaundice levels

I just had my baby last week at 35 and 5 she came out like a full term baby just had a infection in her blood that mad her have to go to the nicu for a week she comes home soon

1 Like

My baby was born at 35 weeks. She weighed 5lbs 8oz. No NICU stay but I was on steroids and magnesium to stop preterm labor from 26 weeks until I delivered.

My baby was 36 weeks and she had to stay four days at the hospital, never in the nicu and she weighed 6lb 4oz

36 weeks and 2 days, 6 lb 2 oz no nicu, in hosp for 2 days perfectly healthy and now a crazy 2 yr old that still is healthy w no concerns.

Yes one was perfectly fine the other that I had early he was I the nicu because heā€™d hold his breath and turn blue when heā€™s cry his oxogyn levels would drop and he had jaundice pretty bad had to have the light treatments but he ended up very healthy after.

I had mine at 37 weeks and he didnā€™t need any NICU

My oldest was 34 weeks 4lbs 10oz . Youngest 5lbs 12oz we stayed a week and came home.

One of mine was born at 34 weeks. She spent 7 days in the NICU just due to being jaundiced and feeding issues. She then came home for a night (very cold part of November) and couldnā€™t keep her temp up enough. She ended up needing another week in the NICU to get warm. Not exactly ideal, but really not a big deal compared to what the outcome may have been had she stayed in longer.

I was induced at 32 weeks. Other than being 2 pounds 11 ounces at birth, hes been a fighter and came out of it with 0 health issues! Baby is now almost 8 weeks old and weighs 6 pounds 2 ounces!

My son was born 35 weeks. 6 lbs 3oz no nicu stay. But we did go home 3 days later due to me having a csection

35 1/2 and he was 5 lbs 3 oz, no issues except stayed in hospital extra day since labor was too quick and hadnā€™t had strep b test yet, the ran blood tests on him but everything came back fine

My daughter was 6 pounds and 13 ounces and my other daughter was 8 pounds solid!! Both were healthy as can be.

Two were 36weeks and my last was 34 weeks 6days no nicu.

36 weeks and no NICU stay he was 7lbs

My son was born at 36 weeks, he was a big boy weighing 8lbs 15 oz. he was in the NICU for 5 days with a little breathing issue but other than that he was completely healthy.

I had my son at 36 weeks and he didnā€™t need any time in the nicu. Went home with me two days after birth.:heart: (c-section)
4 pounds 13 ounces.

My sisters 35 weeker spent 2 days in hospital and went homee with her no nicu my 32 weeker only did 45 days

Mine was at 35 weeks 5 daysā€¦and the only thing she needed was some oxygen to kick start her lungs. 5 pounds 9 ounces

I did!
She was 6 pounds!

My daughter was born 5 weeks early. She weighed 6.14 lbs. No NICU time. And was released 24 hours later.

1 Like

46 weeks 4lbs no nicu and went home with me, although I did have steroid shots at 34weeks

Both my 36 weekers had no NICU and my 32 weeker stayed for 3 weeks

I had my youngest at 33 weeks - he weighed 6lbs.9 oz. He did stay one extra night in the hospital because he didnt want to suck his bottle.But we used a pacifier to get him to suck , he caught right on & came home the next morning. Heā€™s now 34yrs.old.

My son was born at 35 weeks and weighed 3lbs 15oz. He was in nicu for 6 hours then went home with me couple days later.

36 weeks 6 pounds 1 oz. we went home tbd next day!

Mine son was born at 35 weeks. 5 days in the NICU. He weighed 4lbs 15oz. I have small babies in general I believe. Iā€™m due with our little girl in July currently 30 weeks with her hoping I make it past 35 weeks. I def feel that she is bigger than her brother was. We shall see :blush:

My daughter at 34 weeks spent a month in the hospital and my son at 36 weeks .16 years later and although small things changed. He was discharged at 5 days

36 weeks. Emergency c-section due to preeclampsia. She weighed 6lbs 3 oz. 2 weeks in the NICU for her lungs.

My son at 6 mths weight 1pd 4 ozs stayed in nicu for 2 half mths till he reached 4 pds

I had my daughter at 34 and a half weeks. She was 4 lbs 7 ounces. She ended up with a moderate case of jaundice but didnā€™t have to be in the NICU. She ended up going home with me 2 days later after she took her second carseat test with a preemie carseat and passed. She was 4 pounds when we left and is healthy and almost 6 now.

Mine oldest was 34 and 3. We had 7 days in NICU. She was 6#4oz. Sad a very traumatic delivery. She was stuck in my internal pelvis and with a nuchal cord. She was bruised black head to toe. Then she developed an infection and jaundice. She wouldnā€™t have needed NICU if not for the delivery which caused the other issues.

I had my first daughter at 32 weeks just about a month in the NICU. she only had a little bit of breathing help tube feeding and underneath the jaundice light. just yesterday I gave birth to my second daughter at 34 weeks she didnā€™t even have to go to the NICU she will have to stay a few extra days at the hospital and Iā€™d stay in the nursery room but not the NICU. and all she needed was a little bit of oxygen

They took my newborn at 36 weeks. He was 18 inches and weighed 6lbs 5oz. He had mild jaundice and lost 9%. He gained it back by 3 weeks as is the goal. He came home with me.
My almost 2 year old was born at 36 by cesarean also, no issues and weighed 6lbs. He also came home with me.

7lbs 5 oz home to days later. 36 weeks

My daughter was born at 36 weeks. She weighed 6lb 13oz. She came home with me

My son was born at 34 weeks, he was under an oxygen hood, then in an incubator, out of it after his jaundice was gone. He stayed maybe 5 days longer than I did. He weighed 6lbs 8oz. Heā€™s now 6ā€™4 and around 300 lbs and is 20. My daughter was born at 35 weeks at 7lbs 9oz. She went home when I did.

37 weeks. Boy 7#5 oz. very healthy

I have and they were both fine

I know someone that had 2 babys at 34 weeks a day or 2 from 25 weeks spent 2 or 3 months in the NICU

We had our first daughter @ 34w 2days, weighed 4-1 & was in the NICU for 20 days for her breathing onlyā€¦ everything else was great! She had breathing assistance for the first 4 days & then was on her own but every day she was to be released she had an ā€œepisodeā€ā€¦ no issues with feeding or jaundice. Sheā€™s a healthy, active mid-charts 5 1/2 year old now :blush:

Had my daughter at 36 weeks. 5 pounds, 14 ounces. Stayed for a week because of Jaundice and made sure she was gaining weight.

My son was born at 35+2 weighing 5lbs. He was observed for about a week after birth but in-room with me the whole time. He had a little jaundice, but otherwise as healthy as can be. No NICU stay at all.

35 weeks daughter was 5.1 at birth had a little bit of oxygen to help with breathing but left the hospital with me after the normal 3 day stay weighing 4.11.

I had a 35.5 spent 15 days in the NICU.
I had a 35.1 that spent 28 days in the NICU.

My son was 37+4 weeks he weighed 6lbs 1.4oz went home less than 24 hrs later after he was born with meā€¦ he stayed in the room with me he had a slight case of jaundice but nothing to alarming

I had a daughter at 32 weeks. She was in the nicu 3 weeks, I had a son at 37 weeks he came home less then 24 hours after he was born. Both are perfect :slightly_smiling_face: