How much does a tubal ligation cost?

I’ve known several ladies who had tubal cut/tied/burned who ended up pregnant. One was even told that they are only good for 12-13 years. This caused my hubby to have a vasectomy 21 years ago after daughter #6

1 Like

I got reversal ugh :weary: 8000
Never got preggo, lol
But I am raising my 3 1/2-year-old grandson since 2 days old…”Should’ve saved the money😂”
It’s about 8 to 9000 is what my girlfriend spent a friend of mine

Insurance also covered mine

1 Like

My insurance covered mine, had it done 6weeks after my last kid

Mine was 100% covered by insurance.

My insurance covered it :100:

Had mine 21 years ago…smooth sailing for me

Had my tubes tied huge mistake i had terrible female problems that eventually led to hysterectomy. Its cheaper ,less invasive, much shorter recovery time for a vasectomy

6 Likes

Insurance covered mine.

I had mine done with insurance.

Insurance will cover it

I had one. No problems. Ins. covered.

My tubal was no problem .

Most insurance covers this 100% u just need to ask your dr my experience is any sterilization are covered 100%

Mine cost $3 out of my pocket🤷‍♀️

If you have it done, ask them to remove the tubes completely. It lowers the risk of ovarian cancer by almost 50 percent. I just had a hysterectomy but the took my tubes and left my ovaries for this reason.

4 Likes

Typically insurance covers it but just be warned if they don’t clip em at LEAST seven inches away from each other they’re just gonna grow back. Happens quite a bit

Also a vasectomy can be reversed if you every wanted it too.My friends 2 hubby did.She had 1daughter they have 2 together.I had my tubes tied during a pre planned c section I was 43 but able to get pregnant for 20 more yrs.The chances at 43are only 1per can’t but I wasn’t risking it cuz I was the 1 per cent

My dr told me that an insurance company will most likely cover a tubal, because it’s less expensive than covering another pregnancy.

We paid $40 for a 15 minute vasectomy… it was super easy :rofl:

Hubby had it on Thursday and was back to work Monday.

2 Likes

Insurance covered mine as well

I had mine done covered with insurance

Insurance covered mine completely

Call your insurance company

Insurance covered mine

Honestly safer and cheaper for your husband to do a vasectomy. I had tubal done during an emergency c section but I admit I was on Medicaid so it was covered.

1 Like

I found out my insurance wouldn’t cover it unless I met their requirements

I have shitty hsa insurance and mine was free. Women free men it’s not. Funny bc a woman can typically only have 1 kid a year. A man could have 1 a day lol. Just call and ask. Had .one 3 .months ago during c section of 3rd baby

My daughter is having hers when she gives birth next month. It all depends on drs and insurances. First thing is talk to your OB and if it’s something they can do while you’re already in hospital check with insurance if its covered

Call your insurance. They are the only ones that would know.

1 Like

I have state insurance and had to sign paperwork and wait 30 days before they approved it.

3 Likes

I had one in 2002 it was covered under insurance so I don’t even know how much it cost.

I had Medicaid with my last pregnancy (TX) and they paid for everything!

1 Like

Ask your dr. Sometimes they will do it while they are delivering if you have a c-section.

Contact your insurance company

3 Likes

I had mine during my 3rd c-section and it was covered by my insurance.

a vasectomy would be cheaper.

5 Likes

Depending where you live if your on Ontario in Ontario it’s covered

Vasectomy and Mirena would be cheaper and safer!

2 Likes

They said $500 for mine.

Had one in 2003 insurance covered it

Insurance covered mine

I would talk to your doctor and insurance company. If you have a c-section sometimes they’ll do it while you’re still open. If you go vaginal and want it done they may wait till after you’ve recovered and tubals are more in depth and have a longer recovery time then a vasectomy. Tubals are an inpatient procedure where vasectomies are outpatient. Also it can depend on your age too. I’ve heard of insurance companies/doctors won’t do it if you’re under a certain age too or if you don’t meet other requirements.

1 Like

I use to work in an obgyn office and most of the time insurance covers tubals. If you have a c-section scheduled or end up with a c-section insurance typically covers 100%.

I had mine done 4yrs ago, insurance covered 100%, said things changed and they not see it as a preventative

It’s been almost 16 years for me but I’m pretty sure my insurance covered it. I made it clear at the beginning that I wanted a tubal ligation. It was done at delivery since I was already opened for the c-section.

Most insurances will cover it, or at least part of it. With my youngest I didnt have any insurance and my bill from the hospital for both having my son and my tubal is $23,000.

I don’t know about costs my insurance covered it. However I do know that men getting snipped is cheaper than tubals.

Most insurances cover the procedure. Call your insurance company and find out if they do or talk to your doctor

If you have insurance through the state ask the dr i had to sign a paper for my insurance to approve it

Vasectomy is a quick and safe procedure, he’s up and going in about -24hrs. Yours requires surgery, much more risks

Research Post tubal ligation syndrome before you go any further…

1 Like

Cheaper to get him clipped

I got mine because I was already going to be open for a C-section, if not a vasectomy would have been our best option due to the invasiveness of the procedures, recovery time etc.

Have the other half get the vasectomy done. I got the vasectomy in Dec of 95. Got it the second week, all good by Christmas. Snip, snip done. Now anywhere, anytime. Gotta keep a smile on my wife’s face.

2 Likes

It’s easier for the man to get it done I got my tubes tied thought I was going to die

U should have a co pay thur ur insurance cost depend on what the pay don’t have sex u wo.t get pregnant lol

Get him to get a vasectomy my hubby’s planning on when we’re finished our family, less risks and cheaper

Insurance covered mine.

Tell your hubby to man up and get em cut

Let hubby get vasectomy, much easier l, safer & cheaper!!

My insurance covered mine completely.