How much does birth control cost?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

4 Likes

Less than 18 years of food, clothes, and entertainment.

57 Likes

Depends on type of birth control and what insurance you have. My old insurance (excellus) I paid $10 for pills and $35 for nuva ring. My current insurance it has been $0 for nuva ring. I haven’t been on other methods since changing insurance a few years ago. Hoping they’ll pay for tubal ligation after this pregnancy is over. :sweat_smile:

Depends what country you also live in.
I live in Australia and mine cost no more than a script with a healthcare card ($7)

Way cheaper then a baby. However, my daughter gets her free through our insurance

Try a woman’s clinic. It’s usually cheaper and you can use a variety of insurance or pay based off income levels.

Around $10 a month, but I’ve heard of some being as low as $4 at Walmart.

1 Like

For Mirena, I had to pay my $35 co-pay for the office visit but the actual IUD was 100% covered, so free for 5 years.

Less than child support and years of therapy…

Mine cost 125$ copper IUD only because they won’t tie my tubes​:joy::joy:

2 Likes

1 shot of Depo is around $110, and its every 3 months.

1 Like

Depends on which birth control you wanna go with. I’m on the depo shot. Cost me 45 every 3 months.

Health dept can give it to free or very lost cost (less than $10/mth).

Health department is free

The bigger question is why isn’t it as cheap as condoms? And why is a vasectomy basically fully covered by insurance by men when a women’s surgery isn’t? If we can equalize this, then we’d have both sides understanding that “yes” a women takes just as much responsibility as a man…and especially that a woman has to medically sustain a hell of a lot more during any of it.

I have insurance here in KY so it costs me nothing but the particular one I use is $60 without. But there are usually cheaper options free or damn near it.

Without insurance my pills are $45 every 3 months but the patch was like $300 a month

Varies on the type, where you go to get it, whether you have insurance or not. Sooo yea, depends on a lot lol

I’ve got the marina cost $45 AUD
for 5 years

My bc is $280 a month.

Nothing if you just say NO and CROSS YOUR LEGS !!!

1 Like

Depends. If you have insurance nothing :woman_shrugging:t2:

Free at county health centers

Contraception is free in the UK