How much should a 3-month-old be eating?

So many people are against rice , Ive used it in my son’s bottles sine he was 2, months

2 Likes

Maybe it’s the formula type? Sometimes babies spit up because they can’t tolerate the formula. My son had to be put on neocate for a cows milk protein allergy…hes 5 months now but I have to put a little rice cereal in his bottles to reduce the spit up because in this case the formula is a more watery consistency. But when I doubt take her to her pediatrician.

Babies who can’t sit up on there own should not be fed solid food

Ive had 3. All of them at 3 months were hungry babies. I’ve mixed 1 teaspoon of rice cereal in their bottle n all of them are perfectly healthy :slight_smile: my oldest is 6 youngest is 6 months

1 Like

Ill say dont mix cereal in bottle - it takes away from the nutrients babies able to absorb in the milk also a choking hazard but your mom your choice.
Your first choice should always be upping the bottle amount first- if shes spitting up by an added ounce then the flow of nipple needs reduced, she needs burped more.

And choco wheats??? No No No

3 Likes

Try 4 1/2 ounces. Go between the two. 5 ounces - she spits up. 4 ounces - don’t fill her up. I would try this before adding cereal as they’re too little and it can choke them.

Talk to your pedi. They can help you better than FB. I know with one of my children were started cereal at 4 months cause he was always hungry. But that was per the doctor

Definitely not to early my doc told me to mix cerial with my daughter formula (rice will constipate baby ) witch is the same as the rice , just don’t make it thick like u would in a bowl just mix it enoff to thicken her milk but not thick like we’re it’s not to runny I used 3 table spoons at first then more if needed , my daughter did the same thing wasn’t full then spit up , it’s were formula is so thin it don’t feel them up , but it’s perfectly fine , my doc said as long as it’s not thick ! Some ppl say no or not till 6m well not everyones child is the same lol my doctor wouldn’t of told me to do so if it wasn’t safe ! But I say it’s ok my daughter was doing it at 21/2m and no she never had digestive issues she was at baby foods at 5m and then table food lol my doctor said it was ok so I did what I new was best for my chunk :slight_smile: and my child has never had any digestive issues , some ppl just think everything should be done at a pusific age but like my doctor says u can try and see how it works if it don’t then we will start over and try new , but the cerial worked the best for my Baby girl she is now 13m old amd is 100% fine amd healthy I’m a FTM so of course I ran it with the pedi first , but all baby’s are different but some are the same lol but just try what I think is ok ask pedi I’m shore they will say ok :slight_smile: good luck

And I put it in my daughter bottle just like my pedi said (that’s y he said not to thick ) some ppl go by age of things I ask my pedi he says yes then iknow I can lol u just do what u think is best all moms have different opinions like not putting it in bottle or to young but hey some of us did and our kids are fine lol , but always ask pedi tho ,but it did help my daughter alot she stayed full and was happy amd never had a digestive issue , my sister in law’s little girl was just like my daughter amd had to do the same ,

My pediatrician recommended the rice cereal in my daughter’s bottle at 2 months bc she was spitting up constantly even after being burped, changing formulas and it worked wonders, she started sleeping good at night she didn’t have try troubles and no more spitting up so if say you’re safe, do what YOU think is right for your baby

1 Like

Yep - I started adding in cereal at about 6 weeks because my child needed more food - worked wonderful.

1 Like

Do what you think you need to do.

WTF is coco wheats! Rice/oatmeal baby cereal is okay!!

2 Likes

If you start with rice and that causes constipation switch to oatmeal. All 3 of mine had a hard time with rice. All 3 were also on cereal in their bottles at just days old for acid reflux.

2 Likes

Try baby food stages 1,my daughter was eating eggs, mashed potatoes and gravy when she was 3months old and she is healthy 33yrs old

3 Likes

Too soon. Definitely not the cocoa stuff!

Give her smaller bottle more frequently

2 Likes

I put cereal in bottle with all three of my babies and they were premature babies but were always hungry. Works great. Just start with a little you still need them to get the calories but just enuf so they all full

Putting solids into a bottle causes clumping an clogging of the nipples then people make the holes bigger and it comes out to fast and causes more gas or gagging. If you start rice use a baby spoon and mix in a bowl 1Tbsp at a time no more or youll over fill their belly. Usually started 4 months.

5 Likes

Talk to your pediatrician. Sound all your co cerns get baby examined. Your doc will give you the BEST advice based on YOUR baby. Trial it. If doesnt work stop it. Dont listen to all these mums who think they know better then a practising doctor. They search on internet and believe what they read. And always remember you know your baby better then anyone. My 3 kids are all under 4 and all of them were hoeing down pureed stage 1 food at 4months old.

2 Likes

NO! It is considered a choking hazard! Plus has no nutritional value! Only breast milk or formula till 6 months!

3 Likes

Never put it in a bottle and she’s to young

3 Likes

I feel sorry for all these kids getting nothing but formula until 6 months. You should be introducing the spoon at 3 months with infant cereal made very runny with formula or breast milk and very finely pureed veggie baby food… :woman_facepalming: Come on now people. Feed those babies!!!

2 Likes

Try thickened formula like enfamil AR

Chocolate cereal is not for infants… :joy:

2 Likes

Definitely no cereal until 6 months,it will upset baby’s tummy

2 Likes

I wouldn’t put it in the bottle unless baby has acid reflux. My doctor stressed spoon feeding the cereal, but honestly the cereal has no nutritional value. I only had one baby that would even eat it and I’m not the one that fed it to her, the daycare did. I honestly just gave the extra ounce but made sure in between to make baby stop for a min to burp or what not then let them finish. Might help with the spit up.

1 Like

Speak to your doctor/ dietician about trying thickened formula rice cereal is bad for them and unnecessary and babies don’t need food until 6 months.

3 Likes

Talk to your pediatrician and dont listen to ANYONE on these pages. Seriously.

12 Likes

Do not put cocowheats in your daughters bottle

4 Likes

Don’t let these negative comments…my doc told me no…but I did it anyway…my baby is just fine…she has a very high metabolism and wasn’t getting full…a little oat or cereal will not hurt them…both my kids was eating oats at 2 weeks old and breastfeeding…so try it

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:all 3 of my babies got fruits and cereal at 2 3 months and are all healthy and way above average on all their scales and perfect weight height their smarts you guys read to much in to the health issues and this that and the other way to much what the hell you guys think are parents feed us and their parents feed them way back when before formula and all this food for baby’s they have any more breastmilk goat milk fresh milk from the cow what they themselves cooked for dinner is what the baby got but to each their own I guess​:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

if I were you I would spread the feeding to go more slowly,
there is a lot of info u left out for any1 to give u any kind of productive advice.
before ur baby is at least 4 months and u have the green light from your pediatrician I wouldnt dare to.
u can always try to take more time while feeding, burping etc etc

2 Likes

Absolutely not too soon introduce it slowly and go for it

2 Likes

What in the world are freaking coco wheats. My lord

7 Likes

They say it give them allergies, ugh I say if the kid is hungry do it,or tri a oz of water before food aka formula

1 Like

This shouldn’t even be a question.
You do not put chocolate cereal or any cereal in your 3 month olds bottle.
What the actual fuck?
Ask your child’s pediatrician.

No!!! It can cause them to choke. Dont risk it.

6 Likes

Try just 3.5 ounce. Since she is spitting up more formula/ breast milk I would wait until she is 4 months and then feed her some cream of rice cereal just one baby spoon or so. You may need to try a different formula also. Some babies just can’t handle milk base. Try soy base.

Yeah definitely stay away from sugar cereal she will have diarrhea. Cream of rice is best no chemical or artificial stuff. Like Gerber cereal or beachnut.

Everyone that posts a comment believes they are right, which I’m sure they very much so are for THEIR own situation. Get educated by a professional health care provider whom is familiar with you and your baby’s situation and weigh out the pros and cons. Don’t make a decision based off of what worked for others, each baby is different.

11 Likes

My nieces cousin died at 3 months due to asphyxiation on cereal from his bottle while he slept. Please don’t do it.

8 Likes

It’s up to you I did mine at 3m with all mine

Is being a cunt making most of you feel superior? She’s a first time mom. Maybe she doesn’t know about the recommendations from the AAP and WHO. We were ALL first time mom’s once. Get off your damn pedestal.

Add baby rice cereal. Just a little bit and it will help the spitting up too.

Rice is constipated Cocoa Puffs I don’t think so baby oatmeal might be good but check with your pediatrician

Put rice cereal in. My son started at two weeks, is 38 yrs old and 6’3". Don’t think it hurt him one bit.

Ask the doctor but id rather my baby spit up then go hungry.

Never to early I dont think. And there will always be the judging haters. Your mom if you think it may help try it if not then dont. Momma knows best :woman_shrugging:

Babies spit up. Its normal lol my kid’s pediatrician said as long as they are gaining enough weight its fine.

Just give her 4 1/2 oz