How much should I pay a babysitter?

The going rate for a daycare is $25 a day

Look to see what sitters are making around you

I pay mine $20 a day but I work way less then 40 hrs so maybe $25.

The daycare my son goes too which he is 2 charges $1200 a month. It all depends where you live

1 Like

I pay my lady in CA for 7 plus hours a day $55 per day and that’s cheap for out here usually 300-500 a week.

$170 a week is what I paid for daycare 5 days a week in Ohio. I worked 50 hours Mon-Fri.

1 Like

I pay 250 a week for an in home part time. (3 days a week, maybe 15 hours total)

Where do you guys live lol I make 20 an hour if I worked 40 hours ide be making at least 800 a week if not more.

I watch my 4 yr and 1 yr old nieces from about 830-430 every day and they pay me $50 a day

Sit and discuss it not everyone is money hungry

2 Likes

At least $100 per week

2 Likes

Ask her what she wants you to pay her

1 Like

I always paid 10 a day when I provided everything

1 Like

I pay my babysitter for a 6 yr old $200 a wk

1 Like

I am a stay at home mom and I also do a in home day care and I charge $5 a hour no matter the age of the child

1 Like

At the daycare I work at infants are 145 a week.

Check on a website like Care.com you can find the going rate in your area. Their rates depend on many factors, such as in home, experience. .etc.

Talk with the sitter see what her rate is let them know what you can afford a week

2 Likes

Most of the sitters here charge about $40 a day plus an $10 more for every additional child

Supplying everything $20-$25 a day. Paying when you are paid. Some employers are weekly, every two weeks or monthly.

1 Like

Omg everyone writing $20 a DAY!!! What?! It’s usually like $10-15 AN HOUR for babysitting. Most day cares are about $1000 a month. $20 a day… smh :woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

Check what others pay in your area.

I live in a small town in VA & infant babysitting rates are normally 40 a day, once they begin eating solids it typically reduces to 25 a day.

I pay $20 per day per kid.

1 Like

I charge $60.00 a week per child

1 Like

$8-$10 an hr plus $8-$10 for each additional child

1 Like

20 a day i wouldn’t waste my time thats silly

1 Like

When I was working I payed 15 a day.

Whatever you can afford hourly for each day she helps.

1 Like

When I babysat in ohio I was lucky to get $8 an hr but it depends on what part of Ohio as well… up north you can get 20/hr some places

I pay 700 to 800 dollars a month for child care. 40hrs a week.

Talk to her and ask her what she feels is a reasonable compensation, explain you’re budget for expenses and if you guys could figure something out together. You’d be surprised by how affordable some people are. Out here easy Texas is about 20-25 a day per child 8-5 pm.

Maybe $250 is what I’d offer.

I charge $10 an hour.

100 a week per child small town what I charge

i live in a small town in Ohio. I get $20 a day

2 Likes

I pay $90 for a 1 year old.

$100 a week.Thats still.less than a day care and.more safe too

I get paid $30 a day and if over 8 hours I get $3 an hour after that.

1 Like

I’m in a small town in Texas and I do $45 a day with my sitter. Comes out to $200 per week

Care.com has a calculator for your zipcode

1 Like

I’m just a casual babysitter but my families go above and beyond for me… and they say they do it because I am taking care of their kids, and being a part of their village.

You can start with the average or what you can afford and maybe every so often give a bit of extra cash or a thoughtful gift

1 Like

27 years ago in a small town I paid $150 a week

My niece pays $20 a day, and she provides his diapers, food, etc. he’s 4 months old. We’re in a small town.

2 Likes

150ish for that age a week and depending on the hours of the day they would be babysitting

DO A BUDGET! WE DONT KNOW HOW MUCH YOU MAKE OR HOW MUCH YOUR BILLS ARE, SO NO ONE CAN GIVE YOU A ADAMANT ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION! You said max 40 hours, which means your not always working 40 hrs, i would do a budget based on what your average hours are. Also make sure you add in your budget emergeny money as well, just in case there is an unexpected bill or whatever, as life always happens, better to be prepared for it! If you need help with budgeting, you are more then welcome to pm me ! Best of luck!

1 Like

Me personally I’d pay $20/$35 a day. She’s not a daycare probably has no training of any sorts.

I got 100 a wk but I was the lowest In the area

$12/hour, or $50 a day.

I live in Wisconsin my son goes to a daycare (3k) 5 days a week 8 hours a day and we pay $250 a week.

Abigail Samaniego girl you charge 10/ hr :eyes::eyes:

I did $200 a week for my granddaughter she was 18 months- 2 years

Daycare is $25 a day here. I’d check your local prices and go from there.

I pay $5 an hour for inhome daycare in WI

Holy shit where do you guys live ?? in Australia it’s like $125 a day .I just booked my daughter into a holiday program ( during school holidays the days I am working ) and that is $80 a day

$12/hr is what we pay ours.

I live in one of the most expensive places in New York so idk if it’s probably different but when I baby sit it’s 18 an hour. And that’s for two girls 7 and 9 for an infant people around our area pay 20-25$ an hour.

125 a week meaning 25$ a day

I pay 180 a week Monday to Friday 7am-4pm

It depends on a lot of factors, but discuss what she expects for pay. Also, make sure she had experience and try to surprise her a few times while she is watching your baby to make sure she is trustworthy. You can never be too careful with a sitter.

Absolute minimum of $150-$200/week. It’s a newborn. Newborns require more care than any other age. You want the best care for your baby and that pay should reflect that. It’s not about being “money hungry”. It’s about respecting the love and care that they will be giving your new child while you’re away. No it’s not a daycare. It’s better because it’s 1 on 1 care and with people you know. You know your child won’t be sitting in a chair or crib all day. Needs will be tended the moment it’s needed. Your child won’t be in a room filled with a bunch of other children and germs. Less of a chance of them getting sick constantly. Want to know what a sick child means for a daycare? They can’t accept them until they are healthy again. Meaning you either have to call out of work or find a sitter that can take your child. A trusted sitter giving your child that 1 on 1 care and love should be paid better than a daycare. Most people don’t consider that. Pay should be a little better with the right certifications too. I’m normally the one that works with what they can afford, especially if the child is older and more independent. It doesn’t hurt to sit down and chat with them, but as a parent and them caring for your child full time, I wouldn’t offer anything lower than that. Especially for a newborn.

2 Likes

I paid 368 a week. Monday through Friday. 7am to 4pm. So like 60 a day? But you’d literally be working to pay for daycare.

I pay mine $13 an hour for my 2 months

I pay $125 for my 2! (2yrs and 8mo) she is the freaking best! Live in a small town in mo though? I know it varies where you live!

I get paid by the day. I charged 20 a day

All depends on what you make, and what you can afford!..Are you a single parent or married. Can you live on the 20-25$ people are asking you to pay? If married could you quit your job and become a full time mother…can you work from home, remotely…? Talk with the sitter, about her expenses…if you are gonna provide her with meals n such…

Daycare here in Dayton is higher for new infant than older children 155.00 a week

Set down and the both of you talk this all out.and then put it down on paper. To protect each of you.

I pay $175 a week 6:30-3:30 Monday to Friday

Think about this, other then taking the baby to her and providing every, have her come your house where you already have the baby items, and then figure out how much to pay her.