How much sould I pay a babysitter?

What is the going hourly rate for a babysitter for a 2.5-year-old and four-month-old? How about a daily rate? Nightly rate? Thanks

52 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How much sould I pay a babysitter? - Mamas Uncut

Daily I pay 25 for a 5 year old
And 30 for a newborn in Houston, TX

20 is what I pay for two

I charge $20 a day per child, but everyone is different!!

I paid $25 a day for my toddler.

Depends on your state. Most people charge 20 dollars in hour where I’m at

I pay $300 weekly for my 3&4 year old. 40 hours/week.

About $50-60 a day. That’s just baby sitting not a nanny.

1 Like

I pay $120 a week for my 4 year old.

I pay 20-25 a day per kid for the cheaper people. My regular babysitter is 50 a day but can’t beat the care its amazing

Its $200 a week per kid in my area

I pay $110/ week for my 17 month old. (40 hours)

I was wondering the same. I would rather have someone come to my home and take care of my 12 week old but didn’t know how much to charge.

I pay $20 a day. I will NOT pay by the hour, I’d rather stay home, I’m not gonna work just to pay a sitter, makes no sense. :woman_shrugging:t2:

16 Likes

I get 25 a day for my Friends kid , 50 for my brothers 3 kids.

1 Like

I have paid $50/day for two young children

1 Like

I’m paid $180 a week for 3 kids ages 9yrs-11months.

1 Like

Is oay $30 a day in SC

For date night etc that’s a babysitter and not daycare, it’s $10/hr plus $1an per each additional kid. That’s why we do date nights in unless family is in town :wink::joy:

I use too give half of what I made an hour.

1 Like

$15 per hour. Easily.

4 Likes

I make $15 a hour for a 1 yr old through the week and then on Saturday I have the 5 and 2 yr old as well

Our sitter is $70 a week per kid. Mon-Fri, 6am-6pm.
And she still gets paid even if my kids miss a day, a week, or she takes a vacation or holiday.
They’re 1 and 4, but her prices are the same for every age under school age. After school kids are $45 a week.

$18/day is normal here for a 2 year old.

20$ a day for one, 30$ a day for two. 40-50$ for a date night.

I would charge minimum: $75 a week for at least 3 or 4 kids together. I would like mom or dad to bring a snack for their kiddo and a comfort item. Kids have certain food allergies but you can’t be too careful.

I charge 20$ a day for family if they provide all food of I provide food it’s $30 a day but that’s my niece and nephews

For a babysitter id pay $12-15 an hour for a provider you’d pay between $300-500 a week for the both in fulltime care

7 Likes

I Pay $120.00 a week

1 Like

It’s $20/hr where I live. :confused:

2 Likes

I used to get $50 a day for 2 kids.

So what I do for parents is work with them. I have had 1 family pay me 200 dollars every 2 weeks and another family who I still kinda watch pay me 100 dollars for 3 kids.

I had daycare 3 yrs ago and I charged $3 an hour, $150 wk. And $30 day. Now ppl are at $180 for week ft.

My babysitter doesn’t charge me near as much as she could. I pay $150 a week for her to watch both of my kids (3 years and 1 year) for 8 hours everyday. And anything over 8 hours adds $10 a day. So $200 a week max. But she could easily charge me $15 an hour.

As a frequent babysitter, $15-20 an hour depending on what they’re required to do with the kids and if the kids are awake or asleep during the time they’re there.

2 Likes

I would charge $20 a day for less than 8 hours and $30 a day if it was more than 8 hours but that’s per child

Discuss something that you and that sitter can agree on.

1 Like

I pay $50 a night 3 days a week to be with him while i work night shift and my son is 7

I pay $30/day for 8-9 hours, she’s mostly drop in also so whenever I want/need but tell her in advance

I get $30 / day for two kids(3yrs&10months), I provide meals and snacks

I charge 25-30 a day no limit on kids or ages or hours

I pay 8-10 an hour when I can my girls understand I can’t always do that and will take what I can afford. It’s a babysitter not a daycare so rates are different

I pay $300 a week for 3 kids. Every area will have different rates :relaxed:

$10 an hour at minimum.

1 Like

At the Daycare we used to use, it was $9/hour per kid, our dayhome lady now charges us $4/hour per kid plus $4 a day to cover food cost

2 Likes

I live in a larger city so I paid $40-50 a day per child.

2 Likes

What is the going rate for after school for an 8 year old in TN?

Honestly it depends on your area some pay crazy amounts a hour and some pay a daily rate so your gonna get all kinds is different numbers

We pay pay our babysitter $100 a day. 7 on/ 7 off, 12hrs a day for the 7 on. We still pay the 100 per day if bubs is only there for a few hours.

1 Like

In my area… work day for 2 is $55 /65 day… weekend 8 hour work $75…and teen babysiter for going out is $10 to 15 an hour.

I pay 17 a day for a 2.5 year old at a in home daycare

2 Likes

It’s $267/week for my ten month old

It’s usually cheaper than daycare. That’s the whole point. Daycare was over $600 a month in Alabama. A sitter was about 400

If it’s so you can work, and you’re providing food and toys etc for the kid (like at your place) $3/h
If it’s for a night out $20-50 depending on certain things

1 Like

I pay $20 a day and pack her snack/lunch, my daughter goes to an in home daycare

2 Likes

just remember, you get what you pay for

9 Likes

My friends daughter is a nanny for a family and they pay her $11/hr and actually just raised her to $12/hour for two kids.

My mom charges $20 per kid a day or $30 for two just provide there snacks

I pay a 100$ a day for 4 kids.

1 Like

Minimum wage is 11./hr

I pay 15 /hr for one child I am m in ma

I live in a very rural small-town area. I charge 3.50 to 4 an hour for one child and 4.50 an hour for 2 children. If I’m feeding them 2 meals or providing transportation there are extra fees for that.

I charge $20 per day, per kid. I’m CPR and first aid certified, have meetings with parents if I need to to keep them up to date, etc. I’m in southern Indiana and I’m one of the cheaper sitters

My area its 24/hr for 2 kids.

2 Likes

I charge 20 a day per kid if u provide their food. 25 per kid if I provide the food.

1 Like

Idk, but if somebody offered me $500 to babysit other kids, I still would say Hell No! :rofl:My own are overwhelming enough! :rofl:

2 Likes

I pay $7 a day for my 9 year old but she’s only there about 2 or 3 hours, from the time she gets off the bus until I pick her up when I get off work

I get 25-40 a day. My daughter gets 25 a day. Not per kid. Those are working rates. Date nights are different.

Where are you located? Makes a big difference! I see people on here paying for one hour what some would charge for the day

5 Likes

I paid my baby sitter $7/hr for one and 10/hr for 2

2 kids at those ages $60 the day

Anywhere from 15-30$ an hour here for baby sitting for 2 kids. Same for nightly rate

We paid $200 a week for 1 child in an in home daycare. It was a husband and wife daycare and they were AMAZING!

Where I live babysitters over the age of 18 want $15-$25 and our teenagers will take about $10 if you let them use your car with the kids :expressionless:

Around here it’s like $20-$25 and hour

I paid $30/ day for two kids.

I am quite literally blown away at some of these answers. People saying they pay their babysitter $18-$20 A DAY to watch their child for 8 hours?! I have no idea who these people are accepting literally $2-$4/hour wages but that’s crazy to me. I am from CT and $15/hour is the absolute bare minimum and usually it’s more along the lines of $20+/hour especially if there’s more than one child. Regular babysitters/nanny’s make between $500-$800+ per week. If you send your child to a daycare center prices are definitely more reasonable but still upwards of $300+/week for full time and that’s at the cheapest places. Prices in CT are definitely a little high but I mean this is someone taking care of your CHILD all day, if you’re going to spend money on anything it should be that!

9 Likes

$15 dollars an hour for the first and an additional $10 for the other two. $25 an hour. For the day $250 and the same for an overnight.

I pay $35 for 8-10 hours a day! Love the sitter too, she’s awesome!

5 Likes

Damn I need to take up full time babysitting now !! I usually back in the day was 75 a week for 2 , 3 was 85 lol

As a nanny. With my first family of three turned into four kids I was paid 14/hr plus they had food for me in the fridge and had a vehicle for me to drive as well as paid for any outings we did. My new nanny family pays pretty much the same but it’s one child but they have more rules and I can’t take the baby really anywhere other than our walks.

1 Like

We paid $11.50/hour, she had 1 to 4 kids (depending on time of day). She fed them at her place but was always welcome to take food from mine. She picked kids up from school, took them to activities, helped with school work.
Youngest will be going to a center in the fall and for what their weekly rate/hours open they charge $3.40 an hour.

$20/day for 1 kid 7:15am - 4pm meals/snacks included.

4 Likes

I’d charge 10 per hour total. so 5 and a half hours would be $55 .

625 a month per kid…

3 Likes

I can’t imagine caring for anyone’s kids for 20 dollars a day. How would they make a living that way?

6 Likes

Where I live some charge $12 an hour (min wage) or $35 for 2 a day.

Baby sitters cost more than daycare where I live which is about $75 a week.

These are your children. Most precious thing in the world. Kids can flip burgers for 12 bucks an hour. Pay them what you think your kids are worth…

7 Likes

If I know you, 10 and 15. If not then 15 and 15.

I pay mine $40/day. And it’s about 2 hours per day. My kids are usually still asleep when I get home, the sitter is usually sleeping and I have snacks available if kids aren’t sleeping. There’s no changing diapers, cleaning or cooking involved. My sitter just has to make sure that kids are safe and in the case of a fire get them out of the house.

8 Likes

I am really getting jipped, I watched 3 kids the other day for 8 hours for $20.

3 Likes

I have a set of 3 year old twins, and a 21 month old in daycare, $36 for 8 hours (730-4ish) a day, per child. Roughly 2400 a month for all 3.

2 Likes

Since I’m getting shit for my comment, this is what my baby sitter sent me. She’s a wonderful person & great with my kids. But this is the prices she established. I pay her more when I can afford. I do agree the prices are low, but don’t come @ me for it.

The one I used to babysit for used to pay me 20 bucks a day.

Where I live is $35 an hour :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

$30 an hour for both kids

2 Likes

I pay 15 a day for each kid

$15-20 for one kid… $3-4 more for each other child per hour

1 Like

I pay $25 a day and $5 extra when my son has to stay for 9 or more hrs for my 2 yr old.

1 Like