How much was your husbands vasectomy reversal?

My fiance had a vasectomy when he was 30 before his marriage ended. He has one child, and so do i. We want to have a child together, but everywhere we are looking for vasectomy reversal, it is 11k has anyone’s SO gotten a reversal cheaper then 11k, and if so, where?

27 Likes

Depends on your insurance :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Also depends on how long he’s been snipped, after a certain period they can reverse it but he will forever shoot blanks. Didn’t he think to store some away just incase, after all they are made aware after time there is no going backwards.

1 Like

I didn’t even know this is possible :flushed:

I know with our insurance, we can go on their site, search for a specific procedure and it will give you the cost at multiple clinics. You might see if that is something your company offers.

All depends on your insurance. My ex husband did this for us and had it reversed… went on to have a beautiful little girl with his new wife :heart:

4 Likes

Its highly possible it wont work and do not go cheap to save money surgery is very dangerous and risky. Most insurances refuse coverage due to it being elective.

2 Likes

We have had two beautiful babies after my husband had his reversal using using Dr. Wilson. He charges less than 2K to do the procedure.

2 Likes

Check into the success rates vs how long he has had a vasectomy for. Reversals often do not work and the longer he’s had the vasectomy the worse the success rates are. It can also take quite a long time between reversal and pregnancy (if it works). Definately talk to your doctor or better yet a Urologist about your timeline and success rates, you could end up dumping a bunch of money into this with a low probability (depending on your specific situation) and then still having to turn to and spend more on IVF next. Just something to look into for sure

2 Likes

Become a big brother or sister, adopt. Foster. Going to put that much money into a life think of other alternative options.

8 Likes

Yes believe it or not our insurance covered ours we needed to go to University a pen and Philadelphia Pennsylvania for a successful reattachment because it had been like for years but they were too short to reconnect so they would have to take it right out of the semen right out of and you know do it that way but there is a way good luck to you I hope that you find your answers

Sounds super weird but check planned parenthood, they’re usually able to help see if he’s able to and even given him info on places to go

1 Like

We did IVF bc my husband was fixed 18 yrs ago. It cost us almost $20,000.
Reversal was around $10,000 and no guarantee it will work.

4 Likes

$6800 with Carolina Vasectomy Reversal. They do accept care credit. It’s in SC. It worked, we have a 2 year old son. My husband had the vasectomy for 5 years before the reversal. Hope that helps!

3 Likes

Just keep in mind that if the vasectomy is more than 10 years old, it is highly unlikely to be successful. After so much time of self absorbing sperm, the male body stops making it. Just fyi

7 Likes

That’s one place where they train their Dr. s to be, with the main Dr. assist omg explain your financial problems see if they can assist you

My sister worked with a lady who’s husband had a vasectomy. After several years, she got pregnant! He was broken-hearted bc he thought she cheated. Of course it was his but it was DRAMA for a while. Hopefully you can get it reversed and everything works out fine!!!

1 Like

That’s in the price range. Please look up problems with reversals not only for man but babies too. They tend to have a higher chance of having heart issues.

7 Likes

Dr. Charles Monteith in Raleigh North Carolina does it for 6900$ I had a tubal reversal with him Dec 2018 currently 6 months pregnant. My tubes were tied for 13 years.

The local hospital quoted us $30,000. The hospital that works with the college about 1.5 hour away said 6,000-8,000

A Personal Choice in Raliegh, NC Dr. Charles Monteith. We just had an Essure reversal done in March. Drove from Phx, AZ to see him.

2 Likes

Well I don’t think that’s where you want to pinch pennies . I honestly would say go with the most qualified . Maybe even look into a sperm donor with a similar appearance of your husband . Or adoption so many kids in foster care need homes . Good luck .

Post reversal (look up Dr. David Wilson)… we have had 3 perfect children with no health issues after reversal.

2 Likes

Ive heard they can just extract the sperm rather than do a whole reversal, and just artificially inseminate you with it :woman_shrugging: dont know what options are out there but it sounds cheaper lol

2 Likes

My cousin and her husband drove to St Louis Missouri and has it done for roughly 3000 I think

Not vasectomy related but I got a quote of 8-10,000 for a tubal reversal so I’d think the same procedure would be in that price bracket

1 Like

I’ve heard that a reversal is at least 10 , 000 but it might be different at different doctors different countries ect

Wishing you both good luck. Hope you can find someone to help.

1 Like

Depends where you live. Alot of Dr’s do it. If you in Texas one of the best dr is in Mexico 15min from the boarder…

I would not bargain shop for surgery, friend.

5 Likes

We paid 8k and worth every penny because we conceived 10 days after surgery

4 Likes

My step brother had one a few years bk and he had a test done about 2 weeks ago and his came bk.

Call Planned Parenthood. They are amazing!

I wouldn’t get pregnant in the middle of a pandemic

8 Likes

Why not look into extracting sperm from him and injected into you?

4 Likes

The Reversal Clinic Dr. Wilson was great and (by far) the cheapest we found out of anyone!

1 Like

Dr Stanton in Conway, Arkansas…

You would need to find a urologist

Try Talmadge Mamorial in August Georgia

Same situation here. Gonna do IVF and just have them aspirate his sperm to fertilize my eggs. He gets sedated. No reversal needed. And we’d hopefully have enough fertilized eggs/embryos for two kids.

That sounds reasonable. My husbands been looking into getting a vasectomy and its almost $8,000 with insurance.

3 Likes

Affordable and has a high success rate!! Highly recommend him!!

Why in the hell would you want to bring another baby into this word with all that’s going on are even try to get pregnant. Don’t make no sense. But good luck

6 Likes

We’ve gotten a ton of recommendations for Midwest Vasectomy Reversals in St. Louis. They’re $3200, ministry based practice.

2 Likes

My husband has his reversal done for $2500 and his had been over 10 years. We have 2 beautiful girls together :blush: I would contact a urologist first and they can give you more info and make an appt.

My husband had a successful reversal after 11 years. It cost 7000 without insurance at OHSU. We now have a one year old. I had him at 39 years old. Feel free to message me with any questions.

I had many friends go here and all have had babies with no issues

I remember seeing signs in Vegas about cheap ones. But call around and check references don’t do it with the cheapest.

3 Likes