How should i have a babys shower during this outbreak?

Here’s a question I haven’t seen so far. I’m pregnant, and I know I can’t have a shower because of the virus. Is it wrong to create a Facebook event with my registry attached, asking for help even though I can’t invite people to a party?

12 Likes

I wouldnt feel comfortable doing that to be honest :flushed:

7 Likes

Have people mail your gifts to you.

Do a drive by party… Have mini bottles of water & the small cans of soda… Have a box for gifts they can drop in next to table & just sit in a chair & thank everyone

3 Likes

I saw a “drive by shower” just a little while ago-

2 Likes

If you do, don’t be surprised if no one can afford to buy you anything. It’s a real difficult time. Good luck, and congratulations on your baby.

1 Like

Have a sprinkle after the baby’s born

I personally wouldn’t do that unless it was already planned prior to this outbreak. If someone wants to send you a gift, they will.

2 Likes

Do the Facebook page and then if people choose to send you gifts do a live video or zoom cal or you opening them so everyone can see you enjoyed their gift.

1 Like

Have people mail you your presents and maybe send them little gift bags with treats and such. You could do an online video chat styled party and show everyone the gifts you’ve recieved over that. I know it sucks with this quarantine but it could be worse. Some people don’t get the chance to have baby showers due to complications. Make the best of it and have fun :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Wait until after baby born and safe. Then everyone can see baby too. Congratulations

1 Like

I’ve seen quite a few people do drive by parties. Even before this I know people that did a “floating” shower, which was the same concept basically, people drop off gifts. But you still have drawings and prizes. Like say for whoever buys diapers gets in a drawing, whoever brings a present gets in a drawing ect.

I just canceled mine. I was gonna do a virtual baby shower but I decided to just wait until after the baby was born

2 Likes

I’m due in June and waiting until after all this clears up, then hopefully having a little meet n greet!

1 Like

I personally enjoy do a sprinkle after baby is born better. This way people get to meet baby and I didn’t have to be center of attention lol. Also keep in mind that a lot of people are without jobs right now or can’t get out to mail a gift. To me if you do it online you sound like someone who just wants a gift.

1 Like

Do a live video of you opening gifts and stuff. It will give others something to look forward to during this time too.

People are creating a baby registry on amazon or something and have people ship gifts to you and on a specific date they go live and open all the gifts. Kinda like a virtual baby shower. I think it’s a sweet idea with everything that is going on right now it keeps everyone safe.

1 Like

I’ve seen a bunch of people do online facebook parties where people can send gifts and then you post live video of you opening everything and saying thanks. If not you can do a shower after the baby gets here when this is all over

1 Like

I was supposed to have mine in may, we’re going to wait until after he’s born to do one probably. Maybe even later than that.

I never knew gifts for a baby shower was mandatory. I always thought it was optional. My first 2 kids was a surprise shower from hubby’s coworkers. His boss was my friend and my 3rd kid we did a pizza party and no one brought a single gift. We just all ate and drank soda and we were cool with that. I honestly didnt realize gifts were mandatory till this quarantine and ppl started posting abt how worried they were not being able to get gifts . Feeling mighty proud of myself that I never showed up empty handed to a shower lol

Just make a post on you page and attach your registry.

I think you could send out an invite with your register and then also invite everyone to a virtual shower

I think a shower is to help celebrate New mom’s & bringing a new little person into the world! Gifts should not be mandatory AT ALL. If you decide to do anything maybe like you said do a registry & post it, open any gifts on video. If you don’t actually need the help I would just wait until everything is over & do a meet n greet party.

1 Like

Madison McPherson I thought you might want to read some of these responses. Maybe you could have some type of shower.

1 Like

Do it online, or postpone it! Period, why would you risk you or your unborn child?

Do a Virtual baby shower and add your registry to the invite :partying_face:

A couple of people that I know that are pregnant are doing virtual baby showers and or “drive thru” showers.

People have done virtual showers before this time. So you’re able to do games and such. Now I know that some stores are shopping right away either though.

The drive thru way, they have a big box decorated in their driveway, and people are able to drop of gifts, cards, whatever. And then I’ve seen where they’ll video chat themselves opening up the gifts that way and still keeping the social distancing.

My shower was suppose to be the 18th but due to everything, I’m doing a “welcome baby” party after he’s born and this has blown over. I still created an event page with links to the registries for those that wish to send a gift

1 Like

Honestly ppl are out of work. Some can’t even afford rent/mortgage or food. I see it as bad taste to ask for gifts in time of medical & economic crises. Maybe ask if anyone has any baby items they no longer need & if they could donate them. Make sure you wear gloves & wash everything down with disinfectant. Some that can afford to may ask you what you need. Then you can give them your registry. But no I wouldn’t ask ppl who may already be struggling for gifts. That’s just me.

6 Likes

I lived so far from my family when I was pregnant last year, I couldn’t have one. I posted a registry online and just informed people if they wanted they could purchase things. That’s the responsible and best thing to do. Nothing wrong with it at all. I’m sorry that because of this virus you have to miss out on the opportunity to have a shower.

Go for it! Everyone knows this wasn’t the plan. Maybe do a Zoom meeting and play shower games to involve others?

It is not in bad taste to have a registry at all. My daughter did it and received somethings she needed before birth and she is due any day now. She also told everyone she will be doing a Sip n See after the baby is born and every thing is safe this summer. This way everyone can come over and see the baby.

1 Like

Have a drop off babyshower drive by :slight_smile: honk wave and put a present in a box lol

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1280719188793025&id=540242602840691?sfnsn=mo

Here is the perfect idea for people who is expecting during this time

Do a live FB event and have people mail gifts.

Virtual shower…you open all the gifts on Facebook live or whatever…

As much as you would like to have a shower ---- don’t. Ask them to give gift certificates and promise a super party when the baby is one year old. Don’t put yourself or your baby at risk.

Just remember the virus can live up to 24 hours on cardboard. And 72 for other surfaces. I hesitate to have any deliveries at this time. Maybe use gloves and a mask and put the items aside for a while before opening?

Alexis Danielle Tucker

1 Like

I saw a girl online who did a porch shower where people showed up during a certain time frame and left all the presents outside. You could do that and maybe even put together a small party favor that people can take as a thank you! :blush:

1 Like

I would plan a welcome baby or sip n see day

Have a welcoming party! Once everything has settled down of course.
You can set up a registry at target and Amazon does one where you can pick big items and people can help get those so like you want a stroller carseat combo that’s $300 itll be set up where people can add how ever much to that.

A gift card one through mail

Maybe express on fb that you were hoping for a shower, and instead will have a welcoming party later (as someone else mentioned) but if someone asks for your registry have one if someone wishes to gift or help, and ask for any items others may not need if they can (of course clean them and receive them in a safe way :blush:)
However if you have families and friends you think are willing to do something virtual or a drive thru, you can set up an event but i do feel bad that unlike a real baby shower, your guests wont be able to be fed or play games the exact way…
Im sorry this is happening but i hope everything will work out! and Congratulations!!!:tada::tada::teddy_bear::tada:

I pushed mine forward. I don’t know when you’re due, but we pushed it to mid June. I’m due mid July, so hopefully we won’t have to push it forward anymore than that. If it doesn’t work out we want to have a welcoming party

Just have a meet and greet when baby is here and things are normal again.

I honestly think it would be tacky. Everyone is struggling right now financially. Wait until this is all over, even if the baby is already here. Just my opinion…

Do it! If people can help they will, if they’re struggling financially and can’t then that’s okay too. But don’t take away the opportunity for those who can and want to help. Personally my baby showers have only been close friends and relatives who would get us a gift regardless if we had a shower or not. Worst case scenario you don’t get things. :woman_shrugging:t2: but you most likely will.
But I wouldn’t do a baby sip and see or whatever. Way too many people around a newborn.