How soon after losing your mucus plug did you go into labor?

TMI
How soon after losing your mucus plug did you go into labor. I am 39+4 weeks. Last I knew I was 4cm and 60% effaced. I have been losing mine since Friday. Everytime I go to the bathroom I lose more and more. It’s a clear jelly like. Today its jelly like but seems to be a little more watery. I know this doesnt always mean labor is near but what was everyone’s experience?

3 Likes

Lost mine and then my water broke 4 days later

Since you’re so close it will probably be soon but I lost mine and it kept regenerating from about 35 weeks on.

1 Like

I lost mine at 36 weeks went into labor a week after :blush:

At 4cm you should have been admitted

2 Likes

Lost mine at like 36 weeks, water broke at 37 weeks

Ya 4 cm I considered active laor and if your not contracting regularly than meds should of been giving to help that process. Idk who made the call to send you home but I would be questioning there decision.

2 Likes

It really varies. No way to know for sure.

1 Like

It can grow back. With my daughter, I lost it about 33 weeks & had her at 35 weeks. With my son, I never lost it. My water just broke at 31 &6 & was induced at 34 weeks.

1 Like

I lost mine at just about 38 weeks and went into labor about 4-5 days after I lost it, so I had her at 38 weeks and 5 days. Make sure u got ur hospital bag ready cuz it’s coming. Good luck!

Personally for me it was 2wks later. According to my doc contrary to popular belief losing your mucus plug isn’t an indication of labor coming soon

Who knows. Lmao. I’m 40 weeks 4 days with #3 and no signs of labor starting

If your leaking a watery substance I would go get checked out. Leaking amniotic fluid is no good for the nabyy

Call your doc if your leaking fluid you want to be monitored

Don’t have info. For You but Good luck, im sure it won’t be long now. My Dr. exam. Me and said two more weeks. I had him that night! You never know till those labor pains hit.

i lost it while hanging out after work i wasnt working that time i was hanging ing out with my x because so close. he worked with me.i lost it i left walked in the hospital after 5am had my baby about 4hrs and 50minutes later. for me.

First pregnancy lost my mucus plug about 6 hours before my water broke and I was 3cm dilated.

I think it’s 1 or 2 weeks for going into Labor, KEEP GOING FOR WALKS NOW, if u feel a Pop and have a gush of water, your water broke… Get to the Hospital.
If Contractions start time them of a
How far apart they are and get Ready for the hospital.