How soon after sex can i take a pregnancy test?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

23 Likes

I’m sorry to sound rude and blunt but if someone needs to ask this question then maybe they should not be having sex :flushed:

36 Likes

Why do people keep asking this question?? Not trying to be rude but everyone knows you at least wait two weeks or more???

15 Likes

If you’re trying to convince, surely you should know or be slightly aware of how a cycle works regarding ovulation and the time it takes the egg to fertilise which would then answer this question? Please educate yourselves if you’re wanting to get pregnant and have a baby it’s not as easy as just having sex…

16 Likes

With my first test came back negative and was 10 weeks I had periods still and second I was 2-3 weeks and had no period

The first day of your expected period is the most accurate

1 Like

I mean you can take it whenever you want lol is going to be accurate :thinking:

sure these are 12 year olds asking questions if you need ask these questions shouldnt be havent sex

If you don’t know the answer to this question, then you shouldn’t be having sex in the first place smfh

Wait until you know you missed you period. It will be the most accurate that way. I have had 2 kids and currently 17 weeks with twins. I never tested until a missed period

3 Likes

one week after your missed period will be most accurate :heartbeat:

1 Like

Funny how this is a page called proud moms and y’all are just shaming. Some peoples parents didn’t teach them stuff they just asked a genuine question. :roll_eyes:

22 Likes

The OP didn’t state she had sex 5 mins ago and wants to test. It could have been 2 weeks ago and may be feeling some changes to herself… all of my tests came back positive before I even missed a period because I felt “off.” Every woman is different…

2 Likes

It says it on the pregnancy tests too. 5 days before your expected period. I would really wait until your missed period though.

1 Like

I do it right away, like before getting a towel for my partner even. Not worried about the test’s accuracy here, tho, just something I enjoy

4 Likes

Immediately. Like 3 seconds later you’re pregnant. Congratulations

9 Likes

Go get an ultrasound if you really want to know that early. Or wait till you miss a period. What’s the rush?

Why all the hate ladies?

Wait until your period doesn’t show, and then do a test :blush:

Follow the instructions on the box of the pregnancy test. Each tests will tell you how soon their products will indicate pregnancy.

1 Like

Lord people like this shouldn’t breed.

6 Likes

Is this the same person that asks how a pregnancy test works…? :joy:

1 Like

I took a test 8 days after I ovulated and I’m currently 5 weeks & 4 days pregnant with baby #2

I had a faint line 4dpo and a digital positive 9dpo

Omg this is something you learn preferably b4 sexuality active wowow

4 Likes

If you don’t know this you shouldn’t be tryna conceive a child smh learn your body first before you start tryna change it and create another human

Wait for you period??? Or 5 days before. Mine didnt show up until 4weeks.

It’s usually done during sex lol

After your expected period. That my answer. I’m sure everyone’s is different. Those who suffer from infertility, endo, and other reproductive issues have different approaches. Mentally it can be upsetting so I would wait until a missed period

Be patient. People struggle with infertility and it is hard not to get ahead of yourself, but taking tests too early will only make u sad when they pop up negative. I always wait til the day of my period, but I believe the box says 5 days before your expected period.

1 Like

What I don’t understand is why the heck the page couldn’t just answer this for her without making it a freaking post. reading directions on the tests themselves is a good start. it’s not about how long after sex. It’s about how long after your period is missed. Check the box. Some can detect like 3 days before you’re due for your period, others you have to wait until you miss if. Use your first pee of the day. Follow the instructions

2 Likes

Science would say about a two weeks. Conception isnt instant it takes hours… And of course the changes wont be apparent until youve been pregnant a while. Pregnancy hormones get stronger the longer youre pregnant so taking a test too early will possibly give you a false negative. There are tests that claim to be extra sensitive and can tell quite early but even then im not sure results would be accurate.
Two weeks would be my advice.
Edit :ignore all the sneering in the thread.You should always be able to ask fellow women for advice without being shamed.The people saying “get an education” have completly missed the point. You were asking us to pass on what we knew…so I hope none of the women who were mean were teachers because their educational ways are crap.

6 Likes

Surly this isn’t a real question

2 Likes

Well technically u can take it whenever u dang well plz really…but it doesn’t mean the result will be accurate

Technically as soon as you want, you just won’t get an accurate result for several weeks :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

What does asking a question when to test have anything to do w you shouldn’t have a baby? Or to be a parent? It’s an honest question

Wait until ur a week late

I just had my baby 2 days ago and let me tell you
I am in NO RUSH! to be getting back to it.

And it’s litterly the last thing on my mind.
But maybe I’m just wierd. :woman_shrugging:t2:

As soon as y’all high five!

Like sims, just after. :upside_down_face:

Many of you are being so rude to the op… What is funny to me though, even though several of you are making fun of the op question, no two answers are the same in this thread… So … :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

You can take it immediately… it will obviously be too soon to yield any results but sounds like you aren’t being rational about this anyhow.

2 Likes

After u missed ur period :joy:

Get a shit ton of tests and take one a day🤷‍♀️

Join my mom group Millennial Mommanaire

You’re best bet is not until after your first missed period. Just wasting money otherwise.

You can take one anytime you want but if you want an accurate reading you need to wait a day or two after you miss your period. Otherwise you are wasting your money it takes a couple of weeks for your body to have high enough hcg levels.