How to begin potty training a girl?

Where can I begin with potty training? SHe is only 1 as of yesterday btu I want to start young…ideas?

5 Likes

We started when they would show signs, I would often bring them to the bathroom with me every single time I went, had a little potty in there and a lot of time they would sit on it while I went. So we just keot going from there til they were. I will say my girls have been easier than my boy.

We started by saying let’s go potty , mommy has to go too.then have them go with you . I never asked at first do you have to , I just said abt every hour hey lets go potty , my daughter love to go potty she was a easy one . We started at one and by 1 year and 6 mth she was good to go .
Oh also we switch off bottle to sip cup as well that helps .

Wait for these readiness signs. Once your child can do these things then you’re ready to start! Rushing it only sets you all up for failure. Wait til she’s developmentally ready.

1 Like

The younger the better! I had my first born completely potty trained when she was 10 months old. My second one at 14 months old.

Beat piece of advice don’t rush it. With all four of mine they all showed signs they were ready. Refused to wear a diaper, a few of mine would sit on the potty.

She’s 1, I’d wait for another 6 months to start

1 Like

Wait until they are ready and show signs that they recognize what is going on.

1 Like

Get the potty chair that looks like a potty and let her run around naked for a few days!!!