How to establish a sleep schedule?

I have a question/questions, which will turn to people hopefully relating to me, which is nice because I know I can’t be the only one out here. Anyways, I know this is pretty normal but do any of you have a terrible sleep schedule since having kids? Sure I get when they are babies and wake up to eat, being a newborn and all. I hoped after my kids weren’t babies anymore, I’d fall back into a normal sleep routine. Now I fall asleep early most days and always wake up throughout the night? (Early for me being 9:30-10 pm) Like tonight, I’ve been up since 2 am and I just can’t go back to sleep for the life of me, I have to be up in 30 mins to get my daughter ready for school, and I’m just so tired! Other nights I’m either waking up between 3-4 am. If any of you have had this problem or have this problem, do you have any tips on how to get good sleep? Preferably natural ways. I just wanna stay asleep for a solid amount of time. Thank you! Sincerely, One exhausted Mom

11 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to establish a sleep schedule? - Mamas Uncut

Yes and being a night person already screws with me. I struggle to maintain a regular sleep schedule even knowing it’s necessary for my mental health.

1 Like

Join the club. Have you tried Melatonin

2 Likes

Yes I take melatonin so I don’t wake up through the night

2 Likes

Yep. I just dont pick up my phone or look at the clock it does help sometimes. Good luck if you find any tips or tricks let me know.

1 Like

I’ve ALWAYS been a night owl. Now I work 3rd shift and can’t get on a good sleep routine. I try to sleep while the kids are in school, but most days I can’t fall asleep until noon and then I sleep until 7 or 8 (just before they go to bed). Melatonin doesn’t work for me. CBD gummies helped for a little bit but not anymore.

Yep i cant sleep more than maybe 3 hrs at a time. I have a 4 yr old a 3 yr old a 2 yr old and im almost 33 weeks pregnant. I get maybe 5 hrs a night if im lucky.

1 Like

It sounds like insomnia, which many mamas tend to get. You should see a doctor if possible. Melatonin helps so does a couple regular benadryl and chamomile tea.

2 Likes

I see doo many people recommending melatonin, Using melatonin will cause ur own body to stop producing as much melatonin itself and make the problem worse unless u want to be using it for the rest of ur life

1 Like

Insomnia. I am prescribed miriztapine (sp) to help me sleep.