How to explain puberty to boys?

I really need helpI started puberty very young and I think my 8 year old is just beginning. Mind you, the only sign is body odour but he’s a big boy for his age and I really think he’s going to start soon. He’s my only child and I really don’t know what to expect. I don’t know what puberty is like for boys!! I have to tell him what to expect because if I wait for his father, he’ll be 27what do I even say?!

48 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. How to explain puberty to boys?

4 Likes

You don’t have to make a huge speech, lesson or production about puberty and body changes. Talk to them very openly about their body using correct words (penis, breasts, pubic hair…). If that’s not something you’ve been doing from the beginning they’ll squirm a little at first but ensure them that everyone has a body and it’s ok to talk about it with their parents. Also, don’t forget to teach the boys about what girls will go through and girls what the boys go through.

My son started through puberty at age 8. It wasn’t so much body odor as it was his body’s reaction to the opposite sex. I had been mother and dad for a long time. His dad was pretty unapproachable. I told him that it was natural, but it would be better if he didn’t mention it to anyone. I didn’t expect him to hit puberty for awhile yet, so I was taken a bit by surprise, but the kids and I had always been able to discuss anything, so he felt comfortable coming to me with his question. If you aren’t sure where to start, I noticed there was a book mentioned by a couple of other writers that sounds pretty good. The best thing you can do is to be there to listen and if you don’t know the answers to his questions, tell him that you will find out. But being there is important.

Once they start to stink and they are taking showers regularly. Then they need ro start putting on deodorant

3 Likes

At 8 I would just explain the basic stuff. Explain the importance of taking showers and wearing deodorant.

5 Likes

Body Odor isn’t a key sign he is starting puberty. It’s bacteria releasing the odor. Some people have over active glands which can cause more body oder then others. Generally, boys start puberty later then girls. However, it is always good to have open talks to your babies about general awareness about their bodies. My 6 yr old daughter is unfortunately one with over active glands and I have to make sure she has deodorant on if she is going to be doing an activity that produces a lot of sweating. My 9 yr old on the other hand never has a issue. They both shower/bath same intervals and very hygienic.

3 Likes

I have been seeing posts everywhere and keep saying to contact her, and I finally did it turns out to be legit, I switched with her and got my benefits from :point_right:

Boys are both easier & harder. You don’t need the “period talk”… but there are many other topics !! Please sit down with father & son and get the ball rolling. Then gracefully excuse yourself…

Probably could get away with just a general personal hygiene talk with him. I don’t know any boys who hit puberty at 8. Girls, yes but boys are typically a bit behind! But use the general hygiene talk to leave it open for more in detailed puberty talk soon down the road!

2 Likes

Five below has a very educational book

1 Like

If you have any Male friends talk to them, they are the best to get advice from to be honest

1 Like

Buy him a book

5 Likes

That it’s something everyone goes threw you can get taller. You n6oice b0n3rs you get hair where you never did before your face can break out and you can be moody.

I want to say thank you for all your support, advice and continuous encouragement even when I was too weak to take actions, I lost hope entirely thinking I can get paid but just to my biggest surprise my Bitcoin wallet )was over flooded. What a Kind Woman you are ?:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Start with just going over and reiterating ALL personal hygiene; showers, wiping well, teeth, deodorant, socks!
And then going over it again!
Slowly add in more as he develops and matured that is age appropriate.

4 Likes

Just tell him, straight up, what happens. It’s never good to sugar coat the truth. I didn’t even know my period was coming because my mom and I hardly spoke about it but when it came I thought I shit my pants lmao. When I had kids I vowed to be blunt and honest about the truth and what happens to our bodies. I don’t hide mine from them, they’re well aware what periods and puberty is, even at a young age. 7, and 12. Get a book to open the conversation and then say what happens to boys when they turn into men.

as a single mom I spoke to my son about everything

8 Likes

Your boy sounds like mine…big for his age, and needing to bathe or shower more frequently and use deodorant. I have told him that as his body grows, he will have changes…needing to bathe more frequently and use deodorant (to avoid body odor, dandruff, and acne), he will grow more body hair, and the need for more privacy as it concerns his body. I feel that talking to him openly, and in age appropriate way, as he continues to grow is the best thing to do. Also we use correct terminology for body parts. He knows the door is open for any questions or conversations he wants to have at any time. Good luck, you can do this! :blue_heart:

5 Likes

There is a book on Amazon that was gifted to me so I could have the talk with my 12 year old. It explains puberty for boys and girls.

2 Likes

They have picture books at the library that explain it beautifully. The book I’m thinking of has 1 section for girls and 1 section for boys.

2 Likes

Just waite I was sitting on the couch one night my oldest son comes up behind me and says mom look I’m getting hair. I turn my head and have to close my my eyes with the the response that’s great but you don’t really need to show me. Things you don’t want to see on your teenage son

3 Likes

I’d wait a little longer. He’s not there yet. Just get him sum deodorant for now and chill. It’s not like a girl going into puberty

3 Likes

Start from the beginning, always be willing to answer questions willingly and truthfully if you don’t know say you will find out, let him choose his hygiene products, and again be open and honest with the kiddo.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=american+boy+book+about+puberty&adgrpid=1340305245510601&hvadid=83769149989127&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=100352&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvtargid=kwd-83769438404001%3Aloc-190&hydadcr=16872_10495803&tag=mh0b-20&ref=pd_sl_4260cvim9v_e

My son started wearing deodorant at 8 to smell like his dad.

My boy started puberty at 8 too. Started growing pubic hair and he started to need wear a super good deodorant and shower more often because he does a lot of sports. He is also a big lad for his age. I was just super open about it all. I just said ya body starts to change. You’ll have all these different hormones that will make you feel all different things and you’ll eventually learn to manage them. He’s just turned 11 now and he has arm pit hair too and his voice is starting to break. It’s getting croaky and cuts off like it’s going. He still has a very stroppy attitude going but he is managing it better. I suppose the only saving grace is that he might miss the stroppy teenage years because he is going through it now :joy::joy: open and honest is always best xx

1 Like

I saw recommendations about her and gave her a try. I’m proud to tell the world that Mrs Olgusya Gribova and
her trading platform are all so real and

1 Like

Explain boys to man. He’s becoming a man.

There are some good educational videos on youtube as well.

1 Like

My testimony started when I saw a post of people testifying about Mr. Joshua Bunker bitcoin company, after having a good view at his profile on facebook seeing successful stories on how he has helped a lot of people… I was really impresed and I quickly contacted him. Since then my life has changed financially through the help of Mr. Joshua Bunker trading bitcoin online. Click on him Facebook link below to contact him.
:point_down::point_down: :point_down:

I heard forex options trade is changing lives but I never had a chance to try until I came across Joshua Bunker an expert trader who made my first trade and withdrawal a success, I couldn’t believe it up till now how amazing my story has changed through one single investment with him. And he has changed my life financially. Thank you very much for all the profits | made from your trading platform, it was very easy and successful. You can contact him if interested.
:arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

I’m so happy I got my profits from Mrs Olgusya Gribova online investment Trade I just want to share the goodness of Mrs Olgusya Gribova to me and my Family may God bless you madam if you are interested you can Contact her and ask her HOW she Helped me invest because I have earn a lot which I didn’t expect from her…
Click on the Name and send me her How to invest

Clients are getting paid everyday so stop wishing and start wining, Mr. Bunker with link- Redirecting... can help you build your life financially just by investing Binary Options, Bitcoin and Forex Trading. There are lot of people here who are making huge profit trading in his company, He can generate huge profits for you just by trading in any of the investment plans he operates with. Make as much as you can with your capital accurately and perfectly,
Send a DM to Him

I noticed a crowd of people giving thanks to Mr. Bunker for helping them. So I decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise my first two weeks of trading was very successful, I made a very responsible amount that I can’t even get from my current job, I guess someone might need his help as well, I can’t stop sharing his good works :pray::pray:Click on the link to contact him, :point_down::point_down: :point_down:

I feel so privileged to work with an expert like you sir. I also want to say a big thank you to your company for it’s transparency which is rare to find in organizations today. I must admit that I had doubts at first but after I got paid, I felt it necessary to share with the public and also let them know that you truly can be trusted. Redirecting...

Don’t be among the multitude that gave up so easily because of rumor and bad experience. know ur worth and strive for the best. invest with Mr. Joshua Bunker and get your profit without hindrance or unnecessary fees, i just wanna let you know there is still competent mining expert. Bitcoin has been making people Rich and God bless Sir. Joshua for this amazing opportunity​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Reported and blocked.

4 Likes

My grandson confronted me about that and I told him it just means that he coming a young man now and his body is making changes

Oh wow. Start educating yourself first before talking to him. Teach him that it’s OK to talk to you about anything. No consequences.

1 Like

Just explain as he gets older there will be changes in his body. There are also books for his age that help educate. You can also help him by reading up. For now more frequent showers and some deodorant. Also don’t get him heavy scented soap or deodorant. It will dry out his skin . Also just teach him good hygiene which he should know most of.

2 Likes

Deodorant. And library

2 Likes

Don’t be among the multitude that gave up so easily because of rumor and bad experience. know ur worth and strive for the best. invest with Mr. Joshua Bunker and get your profit without hindrance or unnecessary fees, i just wanna let you know there is still competent mining expert. Bitcoin has been making people Rich and God bless Sir. Joshua for this amazing opportunity​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like