How to fall back in love with my husband?

Everyone grows apart especially when children and work are involved. What I learned to do is communicate, never hold anything in, and always express your feelings. Always make time, even if its at bedtime for each other to chat about the day, or just anything that’s going on. Go on dates again, become friends all over again. Remind yourself of why you fell in love in the first place. Never let your kids come between yous. When your with someone for a long period, you both tend to get comfortable around each other and don’t appreciate each other. Its hard when your struggling through marriage, but if BOTH want to make it work, then it will take both of you to overcome it.

2 Likes

Go on dates with each other … sometimes life takes u away from that time w work ,kids etc . Make it a point to work in a date night or day date .

2 Likes

Love is more than butterflies in your stomach and serial attraction. I’d he your best friend? Is he comfortable and would he be there for you through the tough times? Is he a good man? Don’t throw away a good man for someone who is more exciting and attractive.

7 Likes

Love is so much more than a feeling. It’s very much a choice. You must make time to connect with eachother. What did you guys do in the beginning of your relationship that you don’t do now? Start doing those things again. Good luck to you both.

When a couple comes to me with this issue we do something like a wedding ceremony but only the vows. I have them write what made them fall in love the first time, putting themselves back in the very early days what makes them happy to be together, what memories wants them to remember. Then look each other in the eyes and softly tell each other what they have written. If you still “Love” each other but just don’t feel “In Love” with each other this will absolutely help rekindle your “in the heart bursting Love”. Then every day either quite time early each morning before chaos starts or each night after chaos ends take a deep breath and tell your love what is another wonderful memory of your early years. Then snuggle and go to sleep. Oh but no “love act” the entire week until after our next session. I do get some that call me in-between sessions about this I help them work through it and I get glowing reports at the 3rd week session. You have to have a love foundation and the desire for this to work. I wish you loving and special times ahead.

3 Likes

Date each other again, and communicate!!

1 Like

You can’t cobble your love life like a pair of shoes. It’s intangible. You either feel it or you don’t. Falling in love isn’t an assignment. It’s fate.

1 Like

Start planning date nights. Even if it’s one simple at home. You just make a night special for you two. That’s all you have to start doing, start bringing back what once was and renew it.

I think your confusing love with the rainbows & butterflies of the early years together…. That feeling fades for all couples , you can still love and be attracted to your spouse and not feel butterflies….

It’s been almost 11 years since I married my husband. I still get the butterflies, the joy of hearing his voice, the overwhelming comfort of his hug, and the closeness of snuggling. We play and laugh and sometimes just are in the same room without any talking or touching. Find an activity that you both find fun and do that. Try something new that you’ve wanted to try, but never did. Literally anything can be a bonding moment. Take a walk, go to the movies, build a puzzle, cook a meal, play video games, go fishing, go shopping, go site seeing. Anything at all.

4 Likes

Learn and practice love languages

1 Like

Christian Counseling and Christian Couples Retreat. Go to Church.What God has put together in Marriage stays together.

Start dating again!! We got in a funk like that and NOW it’s a whole new love all over again :two_hearts:
Put the spice back in it…
Plan a romantic overnight somewhere likes it’s an extra honeymoon… drive to your destination and TALK to each other again… get sexy and kinky, sending sexy texts to each other… flirting with each other in public and private… we’re on year 21 and LOVING EVERY MOMENT…
GOOD LUCK

Take it one day at a time hun it will get better.

Compassion consideration communication

Definitely start dating again.

I call this a season of life. My husband and I have been married almost 40 years…there were many that we were roommates, friends, parents-even enemies! Certain seasons are harder than others for sure, but if he is your soulmate and you love each other, be patient with yourself, your partner, your life. Find little things to do, laugh as much as possible. You will make past this season.