How to fix body image issues?

I just had my third baby about a week in a half ago. With my other two I seriously bounced back in a week. I am literally disgusted at my body. I gained about 70 pounds and Ive lost about 40. I’m not so much worried about my weight as I am the stretch marks!! I am 24 and I look like a freaking tiger. It absolutely disgusts me. What is the best and fastest way to get them to fade?!! I know they will not go away completely but I need them to fade ASAP!!

Thank you!!!

42 Likes

#3 and 4 were rough on me too. Cocoa butter. Exercise when you can. Stay hydrated.

1 Like

Dr. Sheffield’s scar gel helped mine a lot. It’s on amazon and I’ve even found it at the dollar tree for $1. It worked better for me than expensive stuff made for stretch marks.

2 Likes

Why are we so disgusted by something so beautiful and natural??

8 Likes

Vitamin e oil tabs, break em open and rub it on

2 Likes

You should be proud of your tiger stripes!! They will fade in time! You’ve done something alot of women cant! Which is have babies! So many women would be proud to get those stretch marks momma!! You gave life!!

1 Like

Pray? :joy::joy::joy:
Seriously, you can get a scar cream or oil and try that, but it’s going to take time. Best bet is to learn to deal.

2 Likes

Time. And remember you created a life and be thankful, because there are many people out there who wish they could have a baby and bare those stretch marks. You won’t bounce back every time, or even some of the time. It took 9 months to get there and you should expect at least as long to get back. In the meantime, stop worrying about your appearance since there isn’t much you can do and spend time with your baby/babies. Next thing you know, you’ll be “perfect” again

1 Like

Embrace your stretch marks, they aren’t going anywhere

1 Like

I used Bio Oil 2x a day, plus Palmer’s Coconut Oil lotion. My midwife and Drs were all impressed I had ZERO stretch marks throughout my entire pregnancy

Seriously worry about your brand new baby before you go worrying about your streatch marks momma…

4 Likes

If you’re breastfeeding run some breastmilk on them after every feeding

Dude I get it. I hate when I hear “you earned those tiger strips” :roll_eyes:
I’ve lighten mine through bio-oil and tougher ones with silicone sheets (which was a huge investment).
I took up kick boxing and stopped all carbs and sugar intake. It took about six months for my body to understand it wasn’t a battlefield anymore and come to a norm.
I also wore my belly bandit as much as I could in the first three months to get rid of the pouch.

Breathe and understand that your uterus has been stretched 3 times at least. I’ve gone through three pregnancies by the time I was 30. Your body might not be the same- but with determination and healthy body image (maybe talk with a therapist to relieve yourself of your feelings towards your body. It’s a judge free zone unlike social media and friends).

Good luck :heart:

2 Likes

Palmers cocoa butter lotion.

If you can find a salon that offers red light therapy it’ll make a huge difference!

1 Like

Just be happy being a mum instead of being self obsessed with your body image. You having a child is denied to so many.

4 Likes

Aloe may work if it’s directly from the plant because it causes the skin to lighten… I saw some at Walmart back where the lettuce is… cut the skin off and scrape out the gel inside. Put it in a bowl with a lid and keep it in the fridge

Love my stretch marks… I earned every single one!

3 Likes

I actually like my stretch marks lol. I showed my husband so excited “they turned silver!” 2 kids for me and lots of tiger stripes.

1 Like

Smh…I can’t believe this is even an issue! Lol

1 Like

Coco butter old home remedy

2 Likes

I used bio oil and Coco butter

2 Likes

Girl wear those stripes proud.

3 Likes

I’ve had 3 girls and my Husband loves mine. Our bodies worked hard as he’ll to make beautiful babies, if stretch marks is all we get, then love them! I’ve struggled woth baby weight for awhile. It’ll eventually come off. Also… Cocoa butter helped :blush:

2 Likes

Girrrrl - you earned those tiger stripes! I say flaunt em :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Rock those tiger stripes! There’s some women who would kill for them for the fact that they want a baby so badly but can’t…gratefulness goes a long ways…it’s society that makes us embarrassed about them

2 Likes