How to get away from a swaddle?

My son was swaddle till was 1 he was fine xx

Ummm why does she have to stop? She will eventually. Pick and choose your battles. Be blessed

I started wrapping his arms and not his legs up seeing if that would work than moving from that to no swaddle!!

How about a heavy blanket

Keep swaddleing her. Just make sure arms are out.

Just stop Cold turkey

Why stop swaddling? If she likes it and sleeps why stop…:woman_shrugging:t3:

Have u tried the Merlin magic sleep suit?

It’s not safe, I was unaware of the dangers and my son rolled one night and I freaked out because he couldn’t roll back over and stopped doing it after that, just take it away completely even if it means having sleepless nights, she’ll adjust, that’s what they do

Let her tell you when she’s ready she will be fine

Zip-a-Dee zip sleep sack

My daughter was exactly the same way, we went waaaaay longer than we should have with the newborn swaddling, but that’s how she was comfortable! So gradually we started loosening it, then we did one arm out and let her get used to that for a week, then the next arm came out. Now she sleeps in a sleep sac. It was hard at first, one or two rough nights but she adapted fairly quick. Now she can’t tolerate blankets being around her or near her hands. She wants to be free!:joy:

Have you tried a nested bean?

Try newborn swaddling just her legs and rest of her body with her arms out and go from there. You’ve gotta give her time to adjust, all she’s known is swaddling and that’s where she feels safest.

1 Like

I bought the woombie that had the arm out option and started with opening the arm holes but his body still felt swaddled.

1 Like

If helps her feel safe and secure… swaddle her

3 Likes

Just take the swaddle away. It’ll be a very tough few nights but that baby will eventually fuss itself to sleep without being swaddled. If it’s something you’re serious about then just do it, going the “cold turkey” route will save so much time and stress over the long run.

1 Like

Why does she have live without? She is a baby

1 Like

I’ve never been told to stop swaddling.
My first loved to be swaddled till a little past one, and my current almost one yr old is only just now starting to phase out of swaddles.

I’m sorry 5 mos is not very old I know alot of woman would love to.have a baby

What do u mean by swaddled… can somebody explain plz

Safe Sleep and Baby Care – Evidence Based Support this group can offer safe and helpful information. I hope you can get her sleeping safely soon.

Look into sleep suits. They are tighter than the sack and my friends 2 year old still wears his

Unfortunately, a few sleepless nights for you and baby without the swaddle is the only remedy.

Sorry never used a swaddle with either of my kids. Just put her in crib and let her learn to sooth herself without it

My son was swaddled until he was 1& I used one of those pillows that didn’t allow him to roll over now he only sleeps on his belly